PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock grades the front office and coaches...

DaWolf
01-08-2007, 02:43 AM
JASONíS GRADES

Front office and coaches

65 Carl Peterson: I was all set to give King Carl another passing grade until the Chiefs qualified for the playoffs hours after Carl placed Jason Dunn on injured reserve. The King is upset with my criticism of his error, which really wasnít much of an error. King Carl sent my boss a doctorís note explaining that doctors wouldnít clear Dunn to play, and that was the only reason Dunn was placed on injured reserve. I hope Priest Holmes and every NFL player with a dangerous injury is taking notes on this one. Just bring Carl a doctorís note saying youíre too hurt to play, and itís all good. He wonít put any pressure on you to play at all. Heíll throw you on injured reserve and let you collect a fat paycheck even though you played with the same ďundiagnosedĒ injury for six straight weeks.

Bottom line: The Chiefs havenít won a playoff game since 1993. The manly and womanly thing to do would be to step down and let someone else give it a go.

69 Herm Edwards: Jacked up a good coaching performance with a horrendous offensive showing in the playoffs. Three years ago, the Chiefs made fools of themselves on the defensive side of the ball, never forcing the Colts to punt. This year they tried to go an entire game without a first down. Herm says he doesnít know how it happened. Really? Itís called a lack of offensive imagination.

Larry Johnsonís late-season criticism about no trick plays was dead-on accurate. The difference between Bill Cowher and all the other Marty Schottenheimer wannabes is Cowher always tosses in a couple of offensive surprises. Heís conservative in a good way. KCís playoff game plan was primitive. Edwards has all the tools to be a great coach. He might just blow it by playing not to lose on the offensive side of the ball.

80 Gunther Cunningham (defensive coordinator): Hereís another man who aced the final exam, raising a low C to a B by slowing the Peyton Manning express. You couldnít ask the Kansas City defense to do any more than what it did in the first half of Saturdayís game. Holding Manning to three field goals is a miracle any team would take. If the Chiefs acquire a playmaker at defensive tackle and a young corner, Gunther will have all he needs to make this defense a force.

70 Mike Solari (offensive coordinator): Look, Solari gets a passing grade because we have no idea what he wanted to do at the quarterback position or with the game plan. The first half of the season, I was ready to call Solari the MVP of the team. He knew what plays to call for Damon Huard and how to get the most out of Larry Johnson. When Trent Bledsoe came back, the entire equation changed for Solari, and he could never recapture what he had with Huard. Solari also had some early-season, play-calling snafus. Heís worthy of a passing grade and the opportunity to come back for a second season.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/16407069.htm

Guru
01-08-2007, 02:57 AM
He is being way to easy on Herm and Carl.

Otter
01-08-2007, 03:33 AM
Bottom line: The Chiefs havenít won a playoff game since 1993. The manly and womanly thing to do would be to step down and let someone else give it a go.

:clap:

Deberg_1990
01-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Trent Bledsoe.....hilarious!! Thats pretty much 100% accurate.

HonestChieffan
01-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Thats 2 Whitlock storys in a row I have agreed with...i need a drink.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Trent Bledsoe.....hilarious!! Thats pretty much 100% accurate.
'
I agree Trent deserves much better than what this organization and fans can give him..

I would love to see Trent playing somewhere else next year. Herm totally destroyed anything that resembles and NFL offense here in KC...

Trent thanks for the memories, you will always be #1 in our hearts, but with Herm running the show, no QB can flourish....

Deberg_1990
01-08-2007, 08:40 AM
'
I agree Trent deserves much better than what this organization and fans can give him..

I would love to see Trent playing somewhere else next year. Herm totally destroyed anything that resembles and NFL offense here in KC...

Trent thanks for the memories, you will always be #1 in our hearts, but with Herm running the show, no QB can flourish....

I agree....Trent a great guy, team leader, has solidified the QB position for us..puts up the stats.....etc....

But his time has come and gone....football is a business.

InChiefsHell
01-08-2007, 08:47 AM
I hope Trent retires...I don't want to see him in a Raider uniform.

Extra Point
01-08-2007, 08:57 AM
The only thing Herm Edwards needs to do, is to set his headset on "Listen Only" mode.

Why didn't he see the run coming from Indy. Tony Dungy got so far deep into Edwards' head, that he was too stunned and stubborn to make any adjustments after the first series. I thought we would run a play action pass the first down of the game, because that would be the right read on Tony Dungy, but......

The out-ten-and-slant-in pattern on the right side of the field was thrown at least six times successfully. It's not cover 2, but cover who?

Reerun_KC
01-08-2007, 09:00 AM
The only thing Herm Edwards needs to do, is to set his headset on "Listen Only" mode.

Why didn't he see the run coming from Indy. Tony Dungy got so far deep into Edwards' head, that he was too stunned and stubborn to make any adjustments after the first series. I thought we would run a play action pass the first down of the game, because that would be the right read on Tony Dungy, but......

The out-ten-and-slant-in pattern on the right side of the field was thrown at least six times successfully. It's not cover 2, but cover who?

No he dont, He is doing exactly what I thought and said on this board many of times to this team.. I will take a solid coach a year to two to clean up the Hermie mess when it is all said and done...