PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell: Handful of players don't want to win

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Kawika just said this on 810. He said there is a handful of players on the Chiefs that don't want to win and that didn't take this playoff game seriously and he hopes they are gone next season.

They asked him who they were and he said he wasn't going to name names but Gun and Herm know.

IMHO if Herm knew he should bench those guys regardless of the situation.

the Talking Can
01-08-2007, 08:03 AM
pssst....Kawika....you were one of them...you were the worst defender we had on the field

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 08:07 AM
pssst....Kawika....you were one of them...you were the worst defender we had on the field

I don't think so as far as he desire to win. His play on the field wasn't the greatest but his desire was.

Cochise
01-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Hopefully he means Wesley.

BigRedChief
01-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Don't confuse lack of talent or unable to make a tackle with a lack of desire. I was there. He was trying to get the team fired up on the sidelines.
His play has dropped off big time this year but he's not dogging it out there.

cmh6476
01-08-2007, 08:11 AM
ummm, dont we need to sign kawika for him to even be on the team next year? :shrug:

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 08:13 AM
ummm, dont we need to sign kawika for him to even be on the team next year? :shrug:

He wants to stay but he also he is going to do some shopping.

Silock
01-08-2007, 08:18 AM
What about those players that just can't play in this system... like himself?

Silock
01-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Don't confuse lack of talent or unable to make a tackle with a lack of desire. I was there. He was trying to get the team fired up on the sidelines.
His play has dropped off big time this year but he's not dogging it out there.

I agree. I don't think it was anyone on the defense. They played too great to think that they didn't want to come out and win.

King_Chief_Fan
01-08-2007, 08:20 AM
He wants to stay but he also he is going to do some shopping.
here's hoping someone buys him and makes him a good LB

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 08:21 AM
I agree. I don't think it was anyone on the defense. They played too great to think that they didn't want to come out and win.

I think the majority were on defense. ie - Ryan Simms being one

He said he was getting the D in a huddle before the game to pump them up and there were a few D players not wanting in the huddle and standing back and laughing and joking around

morphius
01-08-2007, 08:21 AM
You never really know how good of a MLB you have until you give him some decent tackles. Odd how Ray Lewis started looking decent again this year now that he has some help up front.

Oh well.

If there are those players on this team I hope someone takes them in a back room...

Silock
01-08-2007, 08:26 AM

He said he was getting the D in a huddle before the game to pump them up and there were a few D players not wanting in the huddle and standing back and laughing and joking around

Must not have been starters. If they were, then I don't see the problem, because even if they didn't want to play, the whole defense sure looked like they did.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Must not have been starters. If they were, then I don't see the problem, because even if they didn't want to play, the whole defense sure looked like they did.

Could be he never said.

He just wants them gone and I kinda get the feeling that if they are still here next year he won't be.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Bye Bye LJ and Gonzo!

BigRedChief
01-08-2007, 08:32 AM

I would imagine Bell was one of them. He gets pulled from starting right before a playoff game? That would piss me off but he has no one to balme but himself.

jspchief
01-08-2007, 08:35 AM

You know it's funny... Earlier in the week I watched a highlight reel of teams and their pre-game rituals/chants. I was noticing how fired up so many good defenses are when do that pre-game huddle, and thought to myself "the Chiefs aren't like that". But I passed it off as a Holmes/nachos type of over-reaction.

The during the pregame on Saturday I noticed we were trying to do one of those pre-game huddles, and it stood out to me that only about half the guys standing there seemed to be into it. I thought about the raving mob of the Steelers or Ravens in similar situations, and couldn't help but associate that with the attitude on the field.

Maybe it's much ado about nothing, but then when a player mentions it, it starts to carry more weight.

I'm ready to flush with this Chiefs team. There are very few players on our roster that I'd be sorry to see go. Very few that I feel can't easily be replaced.

JBucc
01-08-2007, 08:40 AM
You know it's funny... Earlier in the week I watched a highlight reel of teams and their pre-game rituals/chants. I was noticing how fired up so many good defenses are when do that pre-game huddle, and thought to myself "the Chiefs aren't like that". But I passed it off as a Holmes/nachos type of over-reaction.

The during the pregame on Saturday I noticed we were trying to do one of those pre-game huddles, and it stood out to me that only about half the guys standing there seemed to be into it. I thought about the raving mob of the Steelers or Ravens in similar situations, and couldn't help but associate that with the attitude on the field.

Maybe it's much ado about nothing, but then when a player mentions it, it starts to carry more weight.

I'm ready to flush with this Chiefs team. There are very few players on our roster that I'd be sorry to see go. Very few that I feel can't easily be replaced.I think it's because we don't have a real leader type. No Ray Lewis or Joey Porter that everyone respects and can fire them up. Mitchell tries to be but isn't good enough to command everyone's respect. Allen's too much of a goofball and DJ's too quiet. Law could be but I think he just focuses on his secondary guys.

Dartgod
01-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Interesting that it seems to be defensive players he was talking about, yet the defense had one of their best games of the season.

How many offensive players had the same attitude?

Baconeater
01-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I would have to think there are a certain number of players on every team like that. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this team has more than their fair share.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Well can you blame them? When you know the game plans are going to fail you anyway....

Its not hard to see that the players and team were losing faith in Herm and fast..

Hell 2 NFL franchises have no faith in Herm... what the hell do you expect?

The guy is a loser... enough said.

jspchief
01-08-2007, 08:44 AM
I would imagine Bell was one of them. He gets pulled from starting right before a playoff game? That would piss me off but he has no one to balme but himself.Who'd he get benched for? I thought it was just that we ran the nickel all day.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2007, 08:46 AM
I think he got benched for page JSPChief

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 08:47 AM

I'm ready to flush with this Chiefs team. There are very few players on our roster that I'd be sorry to see go. Very few that I feel can't easily be replaced.

I was thinking the same thing. This team really doesn't have a leader like that.

morphius
01-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Who'd he get benched for? I thought it was just that we ran the nickel all day.
Page took his spot.

jspchief
01-08-2007, 08:48 AM
I think it's because we don't have a real leader type. No Ray Lewis or Joey Porter that everyone respects and can fire them up. Mitchell tries to be but isn't good enough to command everyone's respect. Allen's too much of a goofball and DJ's too quiet. Law could be but I think he just focuses on his secondary guys.I said the same thing a few weeks back. I don't envy Mitchell's position of trying to be the leader. We have former Pro Bowl players at every position in the secondary, yet they've all openly admitted they aren't the "leader type". That leaves us with a cast of slackers, goof-offs, and youngsters to try and get a leader from. Mitchell seems to have been given the role by default due to being the MLB, but he has neither to ability or pedigree to tell anybody what to do or how to play.

Chiefnj
01-08-2007, 08:48 AM
You know it's funny... Earlier in the week I watched a highlight reel of teams and their pre-game rituals/chants.. .

I had noticed the same thing early in the game. On the first drive Hali made a nice tackle for a 2 yard loss and nobody really came over to congratulate him. What struck me was that if that play was made by a Ravens DE he would have been mobbed by Lewis and other defensive players, heads would have been slapped and they would have continued to pump each other up. In any event, for at least one game, it wasn't the defense that completely blew it.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Who'd he get benched for? I thought it was just that we ran the nickel all day.

Yep. Mitchell said he didn't get benched. It was the gameplan that Page would start because they played nickel.

Iowanian
01-08-2007, 08:49 AM
He did say in teh locker room, right?

I'm sure there are guys who KNOW they're out of here on Defense.....and probably reflected it. I can't imagine that Sims gives a crap now, he sure hasn't most of his time in KC.

I hope Herm and Carl have the balls to flush this team...Flush everyone who doesn't have the talent or desire...regardless of tenure.

I think Mitchell would be a solid Mike in an attacking D that has him in an agressive, forward moving role. He's just struggled as a cover 2 Mike...He seems to have trouble running 15 yards backwards at the snap to get into coverage.

Its time to rebuild.

Bob Dole
01-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Interesting that it seems to be defensive players he was talking about, yet the defense had one of their best games of the season.

How many offensive players had the same attitude?

Bob Dole didn't hear it, but there's nothing in the topic starter that indicates he's talking about the defense. If Herm and Solari had had any clue and we had any other active placekicker in the NFL, we likely would have been looking at a 6-3 deficit at the half.

The defense played like it gave a shit.

Chiefnj
01-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Yep. Mitchell said he didn't get benched. It was the gameplan that Page would start because they played nickel.

Page has great instincts, but when it comes to contact he is from the Deion Sanders school of tackling.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Bob Dole didn't hear it, but there's nothing in the topic starter that indicates he's talking about the defense. If Herm and Solari had had any clue and we had any other active placekicker in the NFL, we likely would have been looking at a 6-3 deficit at the half.

The feeling I get he was mainly talking about on the D side of the ball.

Iowanian
01-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Deion Sanders acted afraid of contact....I don't think Page Avoids it, I think he just takes some bad angles and whiffs once in a while......He was a 7th round pick...Huge value in payoff.

I hope Pollard really comes through this offseason and takes the SS spot.

I can't imagine Mitchell wasn't talking about some offensive players also....

Simplex3
01-08-2007, 08:59 AM

If this is accurate I might not hate Mitchell as much as I thought I did. He'll really earn my respect if, after the coaches do nothing like we know they will, he comes out in the media and names names.

FringeNC
The problem is we have a coach who doesn't want to him. He wants to avoid losing.

dirk digler
Deion Sanders acted afraid of contact....I don't think Page Avoids it, I think he just takes some bad angles and whiffs once in a while......He was a 7th round pick...Huge value in payoff.

I hope Pollard really comes through this offseason and takes the SS spot.

I can't imagine Mitchell wasn't talking about some offensive players also....

I hope Pollard does as well. Having him and Page back there gives me hope for the secondary.

I think this will be an interesting offseason and the Chiefs will have alot of money to spend so things should be somewhat exciting.

Fairplay
01-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Kawika just said this on 810. He said there is a handful of players on the Chiefs that don't want to win and that didn't take this playoff game seriously and he hopes they are gone next season.

I would assume he was talking about the offense players primarely.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 09:02 AM
If this is accurate I might not hate Mitchell as much as I thought I did. He'll really earn my respect if, after the coaches do nothing like we know they will, he comes out in the media and names names.

The one thing that impressed me when he was talking was that he admitted that he wasn't as strong a leader as he should have been. He said there were several situations where he should have spoken up but didn't.

I think this was a learning experience for him and I think in the future he won't keep his mouth shut.

Cochise
01-08-2007, 09:05 AM
You never really know how good of a MLB you have until you give him some decent tackles. Odd how Ray Lewis started looking decent again this year now that he has some help up front.

Oh well.

If there are those players on this team I hope someone takes them in a back room...

Yes... Mitchell is good enough to play on a good defense. If we had some talent at tackle and safety, we could see what he is capable of.

jspchief
01-08-2007, 09:15 AM
The one thing that impressed me when he was talking was that he admitted that he wasn't as strong a leader as he should have been. He said there were several situations where he should have spoken up but didn't.

I think this was a learning experience for him and I think in the future he won't keep his mouth shut.The problem I have is that great leaders are naturals. When a person is forced into a leadership role, it's not the same as someone who comes by it naturally.

It's too bad that Jared Allen has the maturity of a 16 year old, because with his talent, and passion, he would seem like a natural candidate.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 09:24 AM
The problem I have is that great leaders are naturals. When a person is forced into a leadership role, it's not the same as someone who comes by it naturally.

It's too bad that Jared Allen has the maturity of a 16 year old, because with his talent, and passion, he would seem like a natural candidate.

Yep.

trndobrd
01-08-2007, 09:31 AM
The problem I have is that great leaders are naturals. When a person is forced into a leadership role, it's not the same as someone who comes by it naturally.

Maybe he can find some time this off season to get away from the distractions of daily life to reflect on things.

jspchief
01-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Maybe he can find some time this off season to get away from the distractions of daily life to reflect on things.I know he's going to have at least 48 hours of spare time to think on it.

kc rush
01-08-2007, 09:54 AM

He didnít really specify offense or defense, but I am assuming that he was talking about the D. The only time he really mentioned the offense was to say that this was a team loss and that the defense didnít do their part in the í03 loss so he understands how the offense feels.

The rest of the time he focused on the defensive performance and talking with the guys on the defense.

I found it interesting that he said that there have been no discussions about his future with the Chiefs. Either his agent and Carl havenít begun discussions (which seems strange to me), or he is on the way out.

C-Mac
01-08-2007, 10:08 AM

But many times natural leaders arent great players. I have no problem with right hearted players learning to take the lead and command, it happens all the time. Allen could mature and do the same thing.

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I hope somebody names names.

htismaqe
01-08-2007, 10:32 AM
There's no need to name names. We'll know who they are when they appear on the waiver wire the week after the Super Bowl.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 11:22 AM
There's no need to name names. We'll know who they are when they appear on the waiver wire the week after the Super Bowl.

Yep though it would be kind of fun to stir up some shit.

From gochiefs repost thread they said they are going to replay the interview so if anyone wants to listen to it should. It is pretty interesting.

Demonpenz
01-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I can understand not wanting to get up and jump around when the chiefs made a tackle on the game against the colts. It was because they were winded, and they knew Indy would probably be to the Line of scrimmage by the time they went over to "mob" the player.

Tuckdaddy
01-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Sims and Hicks were probably on top of the list

htismaqe
01-08-2007, 11:37 AM
I can understand not wanting to get up and jump around when the chiefs made a tackle on the game against the colts. It was because they were winded, and they knew Indy would probably be to the Line of scrimmage by the time they went over to "mob" the player.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the offense.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I completely agree with & have been saying for awhile myself how badly we lack an onfield D leader that woofs & jaws with his own guys & the opponents. Having a guy like that is a MUST.

I'm not NEARLY as down on Kawika as some here, he's learning a new system, thats going to temporarily stunt any players growth. When he gets some MANIMAL DT's in front of him i believe he will be OUTSTANDING.

1) He's a passionate try hard team guy : Every coach ever has talked about guys like Kawika in these terms..."I would trade 6 talented primadonna's for 6 passionate team guys who give a damn".

He's 250 & runs in the low 4.5's, anybody remember him going step for step with Mess down the seam last year???

I do.

ct
01-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Since he said "Herm and Gun know" who these guys are, sounds to me like KM is talkin about the defense.

Halfcan
01-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Cut kweaka!

|Zach|
01-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Sims and Hicks were probably on top of the list
Who would give a shit about players who are not on the field.

Something tells me we are talking starters.

Simplex3
01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
I wish I thought that is going to happen.

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2007, 12:27 PM

Yep.

Which would thin the field out pretty quickly.

Can't be talking about: Jared, Tamba, Law. And he's not calling himself out.....

Shouldn't be talking about: DJ, Surtain, Reed(IMO)

Likely talking about: Bell, Knight, Wesley, Edwards.

Just a guess.....

Chiefnj
01-08-2007, 12:30 PM
It seems like Kawika had some sour grapes for players that didn't appreciate his pregame speaches.

BucEyedPea
01-08-2007, 12:34 PM

They asked him who they were and he said he wasn't going to name names but Gun and Herm know.

I read a book once called "The Dark Side of the NFL" written by a former Falcons LB. He said there are players that are okay with a PO loss because they get to home and be with their families or have a shorter season. Just sayin'.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 12:35 PM

I took it as the defense as a whole not just the starters

Fruit Ninja
01-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Its time to rebuild.
Wont ever happen, as much as you and i want that6 to happen, it just wont. I already put that rebuild outta my mind because as long as Carl is running the show, he will not rebuild.

Fruit Ninja
01-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I hope Pollard does as well. Having him and Page back there gives me hope for the secondary.

I think this will be an interesting offseason and the Chiefs will have alot of money to spend so things should be somewhat exciting.
Didnt both Woods and Tongue both start in the 2 seasons?

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Yep.

Which would thin the field out pretty quickly.

Can't be talking about: Jared, Tamba, Law. And he's not calling himself out.....

Shouldn't be talking about: DJ, Surtain, Reed(IMO)

Likely talking about: Bell, Knight, Wesley, Edwards.

Just a guess.....

I think it's got to be Wesley. Knight is a gamer; you can't tell me he doesn't want to be on the field. Same with Edwards and possibly even Bell. Wesley and Surtain would be my main suspects among the starters.

Of course, he could be talking about the offense, too.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Didnt both Woods and Tongue both start in the 2 seasons?

IIRC they both started as rookies in the 97 season

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I think it's got to be Wesley. Knight is a gamer; you can't tell me he doesn't want to be on the field. Same with Edwards and possibly even Bell. Wesley and Surtain would be my main suspects among the starters.

Of course, he could be talking about the offense, too.

Keep in mind, this is who I think KM might be referring to.

I agree with you on Knight. Bell and Edwards, not so much.

It doesn't matter anyway. His comments aren't gonna be respected because he played like a turd on Saturday himself.....

Mr. Kotter
01-08-2007, 12:49 PM

Oh well.

Spot on... :clap:

RedThat
01-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Oh Whatever.

I hold Kawika accountable just as much as I hold the team accountable for this loss. I don't buy any of this garbage. Your a MLB in this league, it is your responsiblity to step and be a leader and perform like one as well.

*Kawika didn't exactly play well himself. How many times did he look lost out there? How many times did he get blocked easily? How many times did he whiff on tackles? The answer to all these questions are too many.

*I personally wouldn't be disappointed if I seen him go. There are a handful of MLB's in this league I would take over him anyday. And Im sure there are better ones in the draft. But knowing this organization and how stupid they are, I wouldn't be surprised to see them give him a nice contract. I have a gut feeling, and my own gut tells me that something like that is coming.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-08-2007, 01:22 PM
since there were only four games this week, all should be on NFL Network's Replay. It shouldn't be to hard to tell who wasn't into the game or how their teammates played. That is, if you can or would watch

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2007, 01:26 PM
We need people with big heart. I knew we were in trouble when we let the other team take pot shots at our franchise players without responding at all.

J Diddy
01-08-2007, 01:37 PM
IIRC they both started as rookies in the 97 season

nah 2nd year, 1st year they tried woods at corner

kc rush
01-08-2007, 01:51 PM
*I personally wouldn't be disappointed if I seen him go. There are a handful of MLB's in this league I would take over him anyday.

SCANLON!!!

It needed to be done.

petegz28
01-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Cut Mitchell some slack. He had to cover for both him and Bell.

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Cut Mitchell some slack. He had to cover for both him and Bell.

Really?

Bell didn't even take the field until the game was in hand......

Mecca
01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Mitchells still upset when he tried to stick his nose into the secondary a few weeks ago and Law and Surtain looked at him like "Get out of here you piece of shit".

The other players on defense don't respect Mitchell, I'm sure he knows this and it bothers him.

petegz28
01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Really?

Bell didn't even take the field until the game was in hand......

Well who was?

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Well who was?

Jarrad Page.

Did you even watch the game?

Guru
01-08-2007, 05:20 PM
He is referring to LJ.

chappy
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Ty Law didn't want to win couldn't you tell?

penchief
01-08-2007, 06:06 PM
He did say in teh locker room, right?

I'm sure there are guys who KNOW they're out of here on Defense.....and probably reflected it. I can't imagine that Sims gives a crap now, he sure hasn't most of his time in KC.

I hope Herm and Carl have the balls to flush this team...Flush everyone who doesn't have the talent or desire...regardless of tenure.

I think Mitchell would be a solid Mike in an attacking D that has him in an agressive, forward moving role. He's just struggled as a cover 2 Mike...He seems to have trouble running 15 yards backwards at the snap to get into coverage.

Its time to rebuild.

I hate to say it but Paul Posluszny could be a steal at 24. I don't have the same confidence about his transition to the pros that I did LJ's and Hali's but Penn State is Linebacker U and Pos is a good, athletic all-around middle linebacker with a big heart and a big brain. He is a leader type. His injury may cause him to fall. He's another one of those production guys that gets easily overlooked.

supercoupe91
01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Larry JOhnson is one of these players. The guy is a punk, a jerk off...send his tail to NY. Let's get Brandon Jacobs and a first round pick.

Mr. Laz
01-08-2007, 06:45 PM

Oh well.

this scheme puts the middle linebacker in a very difficult position.

the MLB is responsible for stuffing the run between the tackles AND covering the deep middle of the field on pass plays.

now ... think about that for a second :hmmm:

now tell me whether a decent play action play gives Mitchell any freakin chance whatsoever?

shit ... this scheme doesn't need linebackers, it needs safeties

seriously

we should line up like this:

DE - DT - DT - DE

- SS - SS - SS -

CB - CB - CB - CB

our LB's are in coverage like a safety ... our safeties need the range of a cornerback

NewChief
01-08-2007, 06:56 PM
He is referring to LJ.

Pretty much my guess as well. He's not well-liked by the team.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Mitchells still upset when he tried to stick his nose into the secondary a few weeks ago and Law and Surtain looked at him like "Get out of here you piece of shit".

The other players on defense don't respect Mitchell, I'm sure he knows this and it bothers him.

Thats why Mitchell should blast one of those fools in camp 07 & then say "you wanna be the leader back hear??? if not...SHUT YOUR F#CKIN MOUTH AND LISTEN TO ME NOW OR GO TO THE BENCH AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE NOT HERE.

Law, Surtain, Wesley, they can ALL suck my bag if they are not willing to take orders from the FRIGGIN TEAM CAPTAIN!!!

I SWEAR, Herm better lay down some ground rules about Team Captains as far as their rights & responsibilities.

It BURNS MY ASS to think that guys are blowing off the Team Captain, maybe if Kawika just beat the f#ck out of one of them, maybe then they will hup-to when THE MAN speaks.

Law, Surtain, Wesley...I DONT F'N CARE - LISTEN THE F#CK UP!!!!!!

Chief Henry
01-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Thats why Mitchell should blast one of those fools in camp 07 & then say "you wanna be the leader back hear??? if not...SHUT YOUR F#CKIN MOUTH AND LISTEN TO ME NOW OR GO TO THE BENCH AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE NOT HERE.

Law, Surtain, Wesley, they can ALL suck my bag if they are not willing to take orders from the FRIGGIN TEAM CAPTAIN!!!

I SWEAR, Herm better lay down some ground rules about Team Captains as far as their rights & responsibilities.

It BURNS MY ASS to think that guys are blowing off the Team Captain, maybe if Kawika just beat the f#ck out of one of them, maybe then they will hup-to when THE MAN speaks.

Law, Surtain, Wesley...I DONT F'N CARE - LISTEN THE F#CK UP!!!!!!

Who is the tuffest Son of bitch on our team ?

NewChief
01-08-2007, 07:08 PM
BTW,

If anyone has the Jax game recorded: go back to the 2 instances where they announced Larry's two records. I don't know if they show it on TV or not, but you won't see anyone in the huddle slap him on the back or even say anything to him (except maybe Eddie).

Woodrow Call
01-08-2007, 07:13 PM

BTW,

If anyone has the Jax game recorded: go back to the 2 instances where they announced Larry's two records. I don't know if they show it on TV or not, but you won't see anyone in the huddle slap him on the back or even say anything to him (except maybe Eddie).

I was wondering if this was going on. Interesting

|Zach|
01-08-2007, 07:15 PM
BTW,

Eh, I don't see that as a record to be proud of. :hmmm:

Extra Point
01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Every down is situational. You may want 5-3, 4-3, 4-4, 3-4, 3-5, depending on the down, spot, and yardage. It's a matter not of covering the receiver, but making the QB make a bad pass, or making the RB run into a firm/gang tackle.

Count Alex's Losses
01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I hate all these people villifying Larry. Where would we be without him?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Waters...big and mean. After that, I'd go with Pollard. Pollard would easily whip LJ's ass, IMO.

Woodrow Call
01-08-2007, 07:26 PM

3-13.

Mecca
01-08-2007, 07:26 PM
It doesn't matter what Mitchell says.....is what he does. You can not be a team leader without being a premier player the other players will not respect you, that's just how it is.

Count Alex's Losses
01-08-2007, 07:28 PM
It doesn't matter what Mitchell says.....is what he does. You can not be a team leader without being a premier player the other players will not respect you, that's just how it is.

Yeah I tend to agree with this. That's why Brian Dawkins is such an awesome leader in Philly. We need a guy like that. Derrick Johnson probably has the respect but he doesn't seem like the type. Allen as someone has said is too immature. Maybe Hali but he's really young. Maybe in a couple years.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 07:29 PM

Waters, but i guarntee that a pissed off K could WHIP anyone in the secondary. It sounds ugly, but sometimes things like that are needed to to clear the air & enforce boundaries.

Just like the Military, there can only be so many Captains, the rest need to SHUT THE F#CK UP AND LISTEN.

Mecca
01-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Waters, but i guarntee that a pissed off K could WHIP anyone in the secondary. It sounds ugly, but sometimes things like that are needed to to clear the air & enforce boundaries.

Just like the Military, there can only be so many Captains, the rest need to SHUT THE F#CK UP AND LISTEN.

When Kawika Mitchell who isn't a top 15 MLB will never make a pro bowl says something to Pat Surtain or Ty Law who have been premier guys they think "Shut it you piece of shit you suck".......that's just how it is.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 07:32 PM

Not true, when i was in the service i was under some real hatchet-heads
but it didnt change the fact that you have your orders NOW GO DO'EM!!!

Mecca
01-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Not true, when i was in the service i was under some real hatchet-heads
but it didnt change the fact that you have your orders NOW GO DO'EM!!!

That isn't remotely the same as million dollar football players.......Give me 1 player that is a team leader that isn't one of the best players on his team....

Zouk
01-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I hate to say it but Paul Posluszny could be a steal at 24. I don't have the same confidence about his transition to the pros that I did LJ's and Hali's but Penn State is Linebacker U and Pos is a good, athletic all-around middle linebacker with a big heart and a big brain. He is a leader type. His injury may cause him to fall. He's another one of those production guys that gets easily overlooked.

We have so many other glaring needs that I doubt we go LB in round 1, but I watched the Penn St - Tennessee bowl game, and I agree that Posluszny looks like a fantastic linebacker. He'll probably start for some NFL team from day 1.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
When Kawika Mitchell who isn't a top 15 MLB will never make a pro bowl says something to Pat Surtain or Ty Law who have been premier guys they think "Shut it you piece of shit you suck".......that's just how it is.

If these f#kheads TRULY love the game & respect their coaches, then there shouldnt be ONE little wince when coach says "OK, go get your final instructions from your team captain.

I'm SOOOOOO tired of these ritch bastards acting lik THEY call all of the shots "NOW YOU GO OUT THERE & DO WHAT I SAY OR WE WILL HAVE YOU TIGHTENING F'N HELMETS.

THEY ARE TEAM CAPTAINS FOR A REASON A REASON A REASON.

RESPECT THE GAME!!!!!!

Mecca
01-08-2007, 07:56 PM
If these f#kheads TRULY love the game & respect their coaches, then there shouldnt be ONE little wince when coach says "OK, go get your final instructions from your team captain.

I'm SOOOOOO tired of these ritch bastards acting lik THEY call all of the shots "NOW YOU GO OUT THERE & DO WHAT I SAY OR WE WILL HAVE YOU TIGHTENING F'N HELMETS.

THEY ARE TEAM CAPTAINS FOR A REASON A REASON A REASON.

RESPECT THE GAME!!!!!!

You have to be a premier player to be a team captain is the point....like I said who's a team leader that isn't a premier player that is any good at it?

C-Mac
01-08-2007, 07:58 PM
oops

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 08:16 PM

Possibly the worst team in the NFL, EVERYONE knocking LJ needs to take a JUMP back & kiss yaselves.

I have my probs with his attitude on life at times, but overall this guy has been pure gold bullion, passionate, smart, wants to be a Great One.

It makes me SIIIIIICK!!! To imagine him reading this bunk, thinking that the fans have equated him to Errict Rhett status, EASILY REPLACEABLE.

He has the potential to be the GREATEST OF ALL TIME & NOBODY DARE REFUTE THAT!!!

Yeah, lets just dump him for some college hotshot who may/or may NOT do JACK SQUAT

LJ leads the War Party for ATLEAST 5 more years.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 08:22 PM
You have to be a premier player to be a team captain is the point....like I said who's a team leader that isn't a premier player that is any good at it?

Keep opening your glory hole.

Kawika, the wild blooded Seminole Indian will proove you wrong & WRONG.

Then the FATHEAD stars will HAVE to respect him.

What does it say to coaches when the guy they choose as leader is given the brush???

When push comes to shove, that will be a slap at them as much as Kawika.

Someones gonna win & I BET ITS NOT THE SPOILED VETS!!!

PastorMikH
01-08-2007, 08:38 PM

What does it say to coaches when the guy they choose as leader is given the brush???

IMO, the slap the coaches feel because Kawika is dissed shouldn't sting anywhere near as bad as the slap they feel when the Vets stand up to cameras and voice there thoughts to the media about the playcalling and such - and that has happened more in the last month than I can remember at all during DV's tenure.

KcMizzou
01-08-2007, 08:41 PM
What does it say to coaches when the guy they choose as leader is given the brush???I don't think the coaches can "choose" a team leader. I mean, they can try... but good luck with that.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Mitchell reminds me of several sergeants I served with in the military. They might have held the rank, but the troops wouldn't follow them out of idle curiosity.

Just because you're supposed to be leader doesn't mean you ARE one. You have to prove to them you deserve to be followed.

Guru
01-08-2007, 09:00 PM
I am not villifying him. Just stating that LJ is who he is referring to. I have no problem with LJ speaking his mind. I just see how some players on the team would see it as anti-team attitude.

Silock
01-08-2007, 09:06 PM

Proof?

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 09:47 PM
That isn't remotely the same as million dollar football players.......Give me 1 player that is a team leader that isn't one of the best players on his team....

Bill Bates from the 70's - 80's Dallas Cowboys

FAX
01-08-2007, 09:53 PM

Bucky "Ballsout" Butters. 1959 Bears.

FAX

Dave Lane
01-08-2007, 09:56 PM

I've heard this from a training staff person at the Chiefs as well. There are probably 20-30% of the players that loathe Herm. Mostly DV fans of course but they think he's clueless.

Dave

FAX
01-08-2007, 10:01 PM
That's interesting information, Mr. Dave Lane.

The hugs and kisses and weepy eyes aside, transitioning from a friggin' NFL institution like DV to Herm has to be a little bit of a shock. No wonder Herm doesn't prop his vets. He's probably jealous. I have no doubt that, inside Herm's blustery, overblown, that's-how-I-played exterior, there's an insecure little man who needs attention and reinforcement.

FAX

milkman
01-08-2007, 10:04 PM
1) He's a passionate try hard team guy : Every coach ever has talked about guys like Kawika in these terms..."I would trade 6 talented primadonna's for 6 passionate team guys who give a damn".

Yeah. let's do tha, so we can get 6 Eric Hicks type players.

milkman
01-08-2007, 10:07 PM

Get a grip, jeez.

Mecca is right.
Team Leaders are guys who make plays that earn the respect fo their teammates.

Kawika is, at best a 2nd teir player at his position.

Nobody is going to listen to him just because a dumbass DC got a hard onfor him and got him named as a team captain.

Dave Lane
01-08-2007, 10:10 PM
That's interesting information, Mr. Dave Lane.

The hugs and kisses and weepy eyes aside, transitioning from a friggin' NFL institution like DV to Herm has to be a little bit of a shock. No wonder Herm doesn't prop his vets. He's probably jealous. I have no doubt that, inside Herm's blustery, overblown, that's-how-I-played exterior, there's an insecure little man who needs attention and reinforcement.

FAX

I think that that is a very astute observation and probably correct as well. They also see the pompous nature and wonder just exactly what have you done to be so high and mighty.

Dave

milkman
01-08-2007, 10:10 PM

Bill Bates earned the respect of his teammates because he was an animal on special teams.

FAX
01-08-2007, 10:18 PM
... They also see the pompous nature and wonder just exactly what have you done to be so high and mighty.

Dave

Good point, Mr. Dave Lane. It seems to me likely that Herm would be more than happy to strip this team of the offensive veterans under the guise of building the team "his way" when, in fact, he's lost the respect of many of the veteran players whose career stats outshine his own and prefers them out of the locker room.

The only thing more predictable than his team (offense and defense) are his ridiculous speeches. I'd feel sorry for the little bastard if it wasn't the Chiefs he's blowing up.

FAX

htismaqe
01-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I think that that is a very astute observation and probably correct as well. They also see the pompous nature and wonder just exactly what have you done to be so high and mighty.

Dave

The same could be said about these players. They've set all kinds of meaningless records, and in the end they've won NOTHING.

picasso
01-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Good point, Mr. Dave Lane. It seems to me likely that Herm would be more than happy to strip this team of the offensive veterans under the guise of building the team "his way" when, in fact, he's lost the respect of many of the veteran players whose career stats outshine his own and prefers them out of the locker room.

The only thing more predictable than his team (offense and defense) are his ridiculous speeches. I'd feel sorry for the little bastard if it wasn't the Chiefs he's blowing up.

FAX

I agree completely!
Now we are doing the right thing and getting into the psyche of the man. I dig that.
As for Mitchell, I want his lame ass gone. All he does is play zone 10 yards deeper than the 1st down marker and still he can't cover the TE on a slant pattern. He just stands there in one spot. I feel the same about Walls, he just stands there while the receiver runs right by him.

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2007, 10:40 PM

*cough*GregWesleyKendrellBell*cough

FAX
01-08-2007, 10:42 PM
The same could be said about these players. They've set all kinds of meaningless records, and in the end they've won NOTHING.

Two wrongs don't make a right, Mr. htismaqe.

Some of these guys, however, are talented enough to contribute positively to a well-run and -coached franchise. Trent, Gonzo, Shields, and Waters, for example, are very well respected among their peers and other coaches throughout the league and for good reason. It's not their fault they didn't have a defense for the past 5 years. Nor is it their fault or responsibility to craft a gameplan for Indy or find a left tackle worth an Egyptian nickle in FA.

Here's a shit pie, guys. Now prove you can eat pie and like it. That's not coaching.

FAX

htismaqe
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right, Mr. htismaqe.

Some of these guys, however, are talented enough to contribute positively to a well-run and -coached franchise. Trent, Gonzo, Shields, and Waters, for example, are very well respected among their peers and other coaches throughout the league and for good reason. It's not their fault they didn't have a defense for the past 5 years. Nor is it their fault or responsibility to craft a gameplan for Indy or find a left tackle worth an Egyptian nickle in FA.

Here's a shit pie, guys. Now prove you can eat pie and like it. That's not coaching.

FAX

Two wrong don't make a right, EXACTLY.

Which is why Herm AND all these ****heads should be GONE. Not just Herm.

It IS their responsibility to show up on game day and do the JOB they get PAID to do.

FAX
01-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Two wrong don't make a right, EXACTLY.

Which is why Herm AND all these ****heads should be GONE. Not just Herm.

It IS their responsibility to show up on game day and do the JOB they get PAID to do.

I'm proud to say that we agree completely on that, Mr. htismaqe.

Bathwater always looks better in the street with some baby in it.

FAX

HMc
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
is anyone suprised that there are nfl players that don't really give a damn whether they win their wild card game or not? They gotta get back to pimpin the escalade.

PastorMikH
01-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Pretty much my guess as well [LJ]. He's not well-liked by the team.

I'm not doubting this, but I would like to see something that backs this up.

I've thought about this since I read it earlier. If true, it could expain a number of things.

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 12:24 AM
*cough*GregWesleyKendrellBell*cough

Dude bell didn't play until the very end of the game

CoMoChief
01-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Bell, Sims, Hicks, Knight, Black, Parker, Turley, Sampson, Tynes, and Solari all need to go. Solari can at least go back and coach the Oline for all I care.

Resign Allen, Mitchell, and Huard. It wouldnt surprise me if LJ held out either. He could really grab Carl by the go nads if he wanted to. He certainly has bargaining power.

Franchise TonyG. Sorry folks but that is what its gonna come down to. It's no secret that TonyG wants to maybe try it somewhere that has a better position of winning a Super Bowl than we do. Carl will not let him go.

I really can't see how we can simplify the offense down anymore than what we did on Sat. If that happens, we're gonna be in deep shit because we dont have near the defense we did in the 90's that kept us in ball games then. How about we get a LT who's worth a damn and get some ****ing protection for the QB so the damn pocket doesnt collapse every 5 step drop and Trent gets more than 2 seconds to throw the ball. Shields will retire. I dont see why he would wanna play another year after that kind of a playoff loss. His skills are declining and it showed this season. Welbourn moves to RG replacing Will. God forbid we keep Black, he should play LG, move Waters to LT or something. Try it out in training camp, see what happens. He has great feet, he was drafted as a TE and the LT is all about footwork, not to mention he's strong and quick.

Sign/draft a DT whos worth a shit, same with WR and an OL.

And finally, above all, Carl needs to go!!!!! No reason to be in season 19 of the 5 year plan.

Rausch
01-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Mitchell reminds me of several sergeants I served with in the military. They might have held the rank, but the troops wouldn't follow them out of idle curiosity.

Just because you're supposed to be leader doesn't mean you ARE one. You have to prove to them you deserve to be followed.

He hasn't had a bad year, but really, the guy hasn't had a good year either.

People only want to hear what you have to say AFTER you accomplish something.

Silock
01-09-2007, 06:59 AM

You know what, though... WHO CARES?

If the new guys come in and are successful, that's all that matters -- not this stupid "Days of Our Chiefs Lives" melodrama that's going on. This IS football they're playing, right?

Geezus Christ... it's like high school without all the hot cheerleaders in here.

Brock
01-09-2007, 09:05 AM

Pro bowler and kamikaze madman.

FAX
01-09-2007, 09:23 AM
You know what, though... WHO CARES?

If the new guys come in and are successful, that's all that matters -- not this stupid "Days of Our Chiefs Lives" melodrama that's going on. This IS football they're playing, right?

Geezus Christ... it's like high school without all the hot cheerleaders in here.

I care, you raging dumbass. Make your own point or stick your head back up your ass and wish upon your colon that your mom regains her ability to lactate. Call me out again and I'll elevate your username permanently into the firmament of all time idiots.

I'm a Chiefs fan in the friggin' wilderness, you tool. This is the only place I can complain about my team and converse with people (albiet few, sometimes) who know what I'm talking about and give a damn about the subject. I've suffered through 40 plus years of nada, squat, and ziltch and I'm sick of our team embarrassing me on national television whenever they get the chance. Not to mention that, I owe it to all Chiefs fans who have died throughout the decades without ever seeing another SB to bitch to the heavens as forcefully as possible, Carl Peterson's pact with the devil notwithstanding. I carry that flickering torch of agony forward into every disappointing season and so should you.

FAX THE SICK OF THESE DISRESPECTFUL N00BS (SP?)

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I've heard this from a training staff person at the Chiefs as well. There are probably 20-30% of the players that loathe Herm. Mostly DV fans of course but they think he's clueless.

Dave

Great. The locker room was divided under DV and it's still divided. Herm needs to go scorched earth on these guys and get rid of them. The players that buy into Herm's philosophy are the ones that produced this year.

I thought this team was united. :shake:

Woodrow Call
01-09-2007, 09:52 AM

Until the DV pets are gone it will never be united.

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 09:53 AM

apparently not...that's a shame. It certainly explains the inconsistent play.

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Until the DV pets are gone it will never be united.

Green, TG, LJ, Waters, Kennison, Weigman, Surtain, Allen, DJ???

Who are the pets?

FAX
01-09-2007, 09:58 AM
There's a part of me that sympathizes with the DV-descipled, mutinous players. To see an offense you worked to build up over years brought to its knees has to be difficult. Particularly the first year.

But maybe that's the part of me that dislikes authority in any form. Or maybe the part that dislikes coconut macaroons.

FAX

StcChief
01-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I care, you raging dumbass. Make your own point or stick your head back up your ass and wish upon your colon that your mom regains her ability to lactate. Call me out again and I'll elevate your username permanently into the firmament of all time idiots.

I'm a Chiefs fan in the friggin' wilderness, you tool. This is the only place I can complain about my team and converse with people (albiet few, sometimes) who know what I'm talking about and give a damn about the subject. I've suffered through 40 plus years of nada, squat, and ziltch and I'm sick of our team embarrassing me on national television whenever they get the chance. Not to mention that, I owe it to all Chiefs fans who have died throughout the decades without ever seeing another SB to bitch to the heavens as forcefully as possible, Carl Peterson's pact with the devil notwithstanding. I carry that flickering torch of agony forward into every disappointing season and so should you.

FAX THE SICK OF THESE DISRESPECTFUL N00BS (SP?):clap: :clap:

No doubt FAX. These damn kids aka Newbies... don't know the trouble we have seen since our last SB...... bad decades of mediocrity

Excitment in 90s to have hearts ripped out by a few plays/bad calls.

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 10:07 AM

Who are the pets?

Dante Hall? Pretty sure he's one.

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 10:13 AM

Who are the pets?

I think every player on offense was a pet. Except LJ.

Dick would make excuses ad nauseum for Trent Green.

It's time for Herm to hold these guys accountable. If you can't block - GET THE **** OUT.

Hell....CUT THAT WASTE OF SPACE SAMIE PARKER!!! There...I said it!

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Dante Hall? Pretty sure he's one.

I'm just curious as to what will be left off after DV's influence has been gutted. So far, from what I can gather, the offense will consist of Webb, Hannon, Turley, Bober, Svitek, Wilson, Huard, Croyle and Bennett.

There appears to be a lexicon being applied to the defensive players. Even though they were brought in under DV, they aren't DV guys - unless they are perceived to suck.

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 10:19 AM
There appears to be a lexicon being applied to the defensive players. Even though they were brought in under DV, they aren't DV guys - unless they are perceived to suck.

I do believe you're on to something...I think LJ wasnt a pet of DV's. It was Carl's one shining draft pick/moment in almost 20 years.

Scorp
01-09-2007, 10:24 AM

The same place we are with him..........one and done in the playoffs. Anymore questions?

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 10:26 AM
The same place we are with him..........one and done in the playoffs. Anymore questions?

You're FOS if you think the Chiefs go 9-7 without Larry.

Woodrow Call
01-09-2007, 10:29 AM

Who are the pets?
The ones crying about gameplans, the ones playing half-assed in a playoff game, the ones who need a hug to return kicks.

The offense as a whole acts like spoiled kids and now that a new coach isn't doing what they want they just fold up. Give me a break. Maybe they should look in the mirror and see what they have really accomplished.

I don't care how primitive the gameplan was Sunday the offense couldn't even execute simple run blocking and pass protection. No excuse for it. The offense laid down and died.

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
The ones crying about gameplans, the ones playing half-assed in a playoff game, the ones who need a hug to return kicks.

The offense as a whole acts like spoiled kids and now that a new coach isn't doing what they want they just fold up. Give me a break. Maybe they should look in the mirror and see what they have really accomplished.

I don't care how primitive the gameplan was Sunday the offense couldn't even execute simple run blocking and pass protection. No excuse for it. The offense laid down and died.

So you would get rid of Green, Gonzalez, Hall, and LJ - all players that criticized the playcalling?

You would also get rid of Waters, Weigman, Shields, Parker and Kennison - players that screwed up in the playoff game?

You want 11 new starters on offense in 2007??

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I'd get rid of everyone but Gonzalez, LJ and Waters. Gonzo probably got pampered as much as anyone but he's a bonafide superstar.

The rest can all be easily replaced.

And if someone offered us a big deal for Gonzalez...see ya.

Scorp
01-09-2007, 10:37 AM
You're FOS if you think the Chiefs go 9-7 without Larry.

Larry is not the greatest running back to ever live. If not Larry it would be someone else. We have been doing this for years and years and years. Nothing new going on here.

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I'd get rid of everyone but Gonzalez, LJ and Waters. .

And when did the draft fairy sprinkle magic pixie dust on Carl Peterson and provide him with 8 first day picks to use on the offense and improve the defense?

Woodrow Call
01-09-2007, 10:44 AM
So you would get rid of Green, Gonzalez, Hall, and LJ - all players that criticized the playcalling?

You would also get rid of Waters, Weigman, Shields, Parker and Kennison - players that screwed up in the playoff game?

You want 11 new starters on offense in 2007??

If they showed a little fight, yes I would. Look I know the offense is frustrated but that is no excuse to quit like they did on Saturday.

They showed no fight, no spirit, and the players deserve more of the blame then they are getting.

FAX
01-09-2007, 10:45 AM
The rest can all be easily replaced.

Easily replaced, Mr. GoChiefs?

How many Herms does it take to change a lightbulb?

FAX

FAX
01-09-2007, 10:47 AM
If they showed a little fight, yes I would. Look I know the offense is frustrated but that is no excuse to quit like they did on Saturday.

They showed no fight, no spirit, and the players deserve more of the blame then they are getting.

Did they show neither fight nor spirit in the third quarter, Mr. Archie Bunker? Trent was 5 for 5, I believe. Gonzo caught a TD and it was a pretty nice catch, too, if I recall it correctly.

FAX

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Stop it. Just stop it. Facts cannot trump emotion.

POND_OF_RED
01-09-2007, 11:07 AM

I think the gameplan was so conservatively predictable more so than it was heart of the players.

Silock
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I care, you raging dumbass. Make your own point or stick your head back up your ass and wish upon your colon that your mom regains her ability to lactate.

You miss the point this badly, and you call ME the raging dumbass? Geezus, take some Midol, go grab a chick flick and a chocolate bar and get your ass back on the couch. Is it that time of the month already?

Call me out again and I'll elevate your username permanently into the firmament of all time idiots.

I wasn't calling you out specifically, but if you're feeling guilty, there's nothing I can do about it.

FAX THE SICK OF THESE DISRESPECTFUL N00BS (SP?)

Way to miss the point, sparky. The point is NOT that you can't complain. That's your right, and it's fine. But look at what you're complaining about: Whether or not the players believe in the coaches. Are you freaking kidding me? It's football. Who gives a shit? The ONLY thing that matters is if they perform when it counts, and for nearly 40 years, they haven't. At this point, I could give a shit if the entire team hates the head coach if they get the job done. Complain all you want, but if you're going to do it, at least make it about something that matters... not locker room drama.

Silock
01-09-2007, 04:06 PM
There's a part of me that sympathizes with the DV-descipled, mutinous players. To see an offense you worked to build up over years brought to its knees has to be difficult. Particularly the first year.

It takes skill to make it work. We don't have that skill any longer. It's not like the system is some magic cure-all. Look at the Redskins. They didn't exactly set the world on fire.

FAX
01-09-2007, 04:42 PM
You miss the point this badly, and you call ME the raging dumbass? Geezus, take some Midol, go grab a chick flick and a chocolate bar and get your ass back on the couch. Is it that time of the month already?

More like that time of the year. What point did you attempt to make? The one where you condemn a series of posts and their authors for not living up to your standards (whatever they are) or the one where you tacitly declare yourself a one-dimensional, toad-brained, shit-slinger whose understanding of sport is restricted to hitting the guy in front of you?

I wasn't calling you out specifically, but if you're feeling guilty, there's nothing I can do about it.

It doesn't really matter now. The gauntlet has been tossed down the well of glittering generalities and I accept.

Way to miss the point, sparky. The point is NOT that you can't complain. That's your right, and it's fine. But look at what you're complaining about: Whether or not the players believe in the coaches. Are you freaking kidding me? It's football. Who gives a shit? The ONLY thing that matters is if they perform when it counts, and for nearly 40 years, they haven't. At this point, I could give a shit if the entire team hates the head coach if they get the job done. Complain all you want, but if you're going to do it, at least make it about something that matters... not locker room drama.

Try and stir the following concept into the pea soup your mom has attempted to convince you is your brain. One of the responsibilities of a head coach is to get the team to "believe" in what he's doing. Herm, himself, alludes to and, in fact, directly references this particular abstract idea whenever he has the opportunity. If you don't think that locker room cohesion, teamwork, and ultimate effectiveness doesn't begin with players "buying into" the coach's philosophy and approach, you will never understand why the NFL highway is littered with the roadkill of failed coaches, assistants, coordinators, and teams. That, oh ignorant one, was the point of the discussion which, no doubt and somewhat understandably given your response, eluded the grasp of your neanderthalesque noodle.

So there.

FAX

Woodrow Call
01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Mr. Fax with a strong uppercut to chin.

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
More like that time of the year. What point did you attempt to make? The one where you condemn a series of posts and their authors for not living up to your standards (whatever they are) or the one where you tacitly declare yourself a one-dimensional, toad-brained, shit-slinger whose understanding of sport is restricted to hitting the guy in front of you?

It doesn't really matter now. The gauntlet has been tossed down the well of glittering generalities and I accept.

Try and stir the following concept into the pea soup your mom has attempted to convince you is your brain. One of the responsibilities of a head coach is to get the team to "believe" in what he's doing. Herm, himself, alludes to and, in fact, directly references this particular abstract idea whenever he has the opportunity. If you don't think that locker room cohesion, teamwork, and ultimate effectiveness doesn't begin with players "buying into" the coach's philosophy and approach, you will never understand why the NFL highway is littered with the roadkill of failed coaches, assistants, coordinators, and teams. That, oh ignorant one, was the point of the discussion which, no doubt and somewhat understandably given your response, eluded the grasp of your neanderthalesque noodle.

So there.

FAX

damn fax when did you become such a trouble maker

FAX
01-09-2007, 04:53 PM
damn fax when did you become such a trouble maker

I don't know, Mr. J Diddy. I really don't. I haven't really started anything, either, I don't believe. I much prefer that we all just get along and work on world peace issues and things.

It's all very perplexing.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 04:54 PM
DO NOT PISS OFF FAX. HE IS A POWDER KEG. A MUSHROOM CLOUD-LAYING MOTHER****ER. ANGER AND HOSTILITY LIES BENEATH THE SURFACE OF A CALM AND RATIONAL EXTERIOR. DO NOT WAKE THE SLEEPING GIANT.

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't know, Mr. J Diddy. I really don't. I haven't really started anything, either, I don't believe. I much prefer that we all just get along and work on world peace issues and things.

It's all very perplexing.

FAX

Maybe there has an outbreak of pro-email factions who believe that the era of the fax is over. They are trying to tarnish your sparkling image in a sinister plot to make their method of informational communication seem like the clear winner.

Damn the man
keep fighting the good fight

Baby Lee
01-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Mr. Fax with a strong uppercut to chin.
Meh, adding -esque to big words is a chump move. Pure palooka. :p :p

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 04:59 PM
DO NOT PISS OFF FAX. HE IS A POWDER KEG. A MUSHROOM CLOUD-LAYING MOTHER****ER. ANGER AND HOSTILITY LIES BENEATH THE SURFACE OF A CALM AND RATIONAL EXTERIOR. DO NOT WAKE THE SLEEPING GIANT.

I can tell the sincerity of your post by the use of all caps. Thanks for the warning. (he probably has a wallet that says bad ass mother****er on it as well)

Baby Lee
01-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I can tell the sincerity of your post by the use of all caps. Thanks for the warning. (he probably has a wallet that says bad ass mother****er on it as well)
ALL RIGHT!! Let's chill the fook out. We're all gonna be a bunch of Fonzies.

And what's Fonzie, J-Did?

Silock
01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
What point did you attempt to make? The one where you condemn a series of posts and their authors for not living up to your standards (whatever they are)

I never condemned anyone. Maybe if you remove the obstruction that's crammed up your ass and snaking its way into your brain to obscure your vision, you would be able to actually read what I wrote instead of what you imagine that I did.

or the one where you tacitly declare yourself a one-dimensional, toad-brained, shit-slinger whose understanding of sport is restricted to hitting the guy in front of you?

You're the one that started with the ad hominems, not me.

One of the responsibilities of a head coach is to get the team to "believe" in what he's doing. Herm, himself, alludes to and, in fact, directly references this particular abstract idea whenever he has the opportunity. If you don't think that locker room cohesion, teamwork, and ultimate effectiveness doesn't begin with players "buying into" the coach's philosophy and approach, you will never understand why the NFL highway is littered with the roadkill of failed coaches, assistants, coordinators, and teams.

I see what you're attempting to say, but that's completely NOT the point I responded to, which was:

It seems to me likely that Herm would be more than happy to strip this team of the offensive veterans under the guise of building the team "his way"

So, basically, with what you typed above, you agree with me. Locker room cohesion, getting players to buy in, yadda yadda yadda. The point is that it doesn't matter why people are coming and going as long as they execute. If it takes Herm gutting the team to get rid of people that don't like him . . . so be it, provided the new guys can do the job. The "why" is not important. Only performance matters. If they're not performing because they don't like the coach, cry me a river. Get their asses out of here and bring in someone that wants to play football and not a round of grab-ass with the HC while his agent fellates him for being such an invaluable talent, telling him his talents are going to waste under a coach that, ironically enough, is just trying to win, too.

To wit: That, oh ignorant one, was the point of the discussion which, no doubt and somewhat understandably given your response, eluded the grasp of your neanderthalesque noodle.

Maybe you should have refrained from all the snide comments until you realized that you actually agreed with me.

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
ALL RIGHT!! Let's chill the fook out. We're all gonna be a bunch of Fonzies.

And what's Fonzie, J-Did?

that would be cool

cool

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 05:04 PM
I never condemned anyone. Maybe if you remove the obstruction that's crammed up your ass and snaking its way into your brain to obscure your vision, you would be able to actually read what I wrote instead of what you imagine that I did.

I see what you're attempting to say, but that's completely NOT the point I responded to, which was:

So, basically, with what you typed above, you agree with me. Locker room cohesion, getting players to buy in, yadda yadda yadda. The point is that it doesn't matter why people are coming and going as long as they execute. If it takes Herm gutting the team to get rid of people that don't like him . . . so be it, provided the new guys can do the job. The "why" is not important. Only performance matters. If they're not performing because they don't like the coach, cry me a river. Get their asses out of here and bring in someone that wants to play football and not a round of grab-ass with the HC while his agent fellates him for being such an invaluable talent, telling him his talents are going to waste under a coach that, ironically enough, is just trying to win, too.

To wit: That, oh ignorant one, was the point of the discussion which, no doubt and somewhat understandably given your response, eluded the grasp of your neanderthalesque noodle.

Maybe you should have refrained from all the snide comments until you realized that you actually agreed with me.

the great thing about the beach is you get to swim, sunbathe, and have fun

The bad thing is occasionally you get sand in your vagina

Not really making a point here, just wanted to say sand in your vagina

FAX
01-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Meh, adding -esque to big words is a chump move. Pure palooka. :p :p

Good point, Mr. Baby Lee. Neanderthalesque. Gag.

FAX

L.A. Chieffan
01-09-2007, 05:11 PM
heh, just saw this thread and I can't help but wonder who the players are. I guess there will always be people on the team that just don't get it...

Baby Lee
01-09-2007, 05:22 PM
My bad, I forgot to tell FAX what to think about this when I saw it yesterday.

Silock says "who cares"
FAX sees "who cares what happens with the Chiefs"
FAX gets 'Hulk' angry.
Silock means [I think] "who cares how they become successful, so long as they get there."

Silock
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
My bad, I forgot to tell FAX what to think about this when I saw it yesterday.

Silock says "who cares"
FAX sees "who cares what happens with the Chiefs"
FAX gets 'Hulk' angry.
Silock means [I think] "who cares how they become successful, so long as they get there."

Eggs-actly.

FAX
01-09-2007, 05:38 PM

First of all, please don't rephrase my insults and send them back again. It would be best if you come up with your own new, original insults or refrain from the effort entirely. It's confusing.

Going really slow now so we can get this right. You jumped into a discussion with the old, all caps WHO CARES attack and started referring to soap operas, high schools, and other out-of-context and, if you don't mind my mentioning it, somewhat poorly constructed thoughts. This, my nescient fellow, is a clear indication that you either did not understand the conversation or believed it to be outside the parameters of some loutish value system to which you apparently adhere. Further, when you attack or demean a post, you are attacking or demeaning the author of said post. Do you understand that part? Nod your head here. Not too far or you'll bump your head on the monitor.

You're absolutely right. My apologies. As has already been pointed out by others on the board, I should not have suggested that you make a wish upon your colon or that your mother lacked the ability to lactate. My bad on that one.

I had no idea that I agreed with you because you really didn't say anything that wasn't kind of stupid. So, that whole part is news to me. And frankly, it makes it a little difficult to insult you any longer. So, as long as we can agree that there is more to football than banging into each other, Gillian Anderson rocks, and the term neanderthalesque is, after all, useful and appropriate in some circumstances, I suppose I shall release you back to your cave.

FAX

Silock
01-09-2007, 05:50 PM
It's confusing.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Maybe if I sat at my keyboard all day furiously jerking off over a thesaurus and a book of clever insults, I would better understand your position and would thusly be more able to avoid such calamities in the future.

WHO CARES attack

It wasn't an attack. It was a statement. Therein lies the root of your confusion.

I had no idea that I agreed with you because you really didn't say anything that wasn't kind of stupid.

Who am I to let actual reading comprehension interrupt the flow of a good internet dick-waving post? My bad.

So, as long as we can agree that Gillian Anderson rocks

Of course!

FAX
01-09-2007, 05:59 PM
I like the way you quote and respond out of context.

I sat at my keyboard all day furiously jerking off

Thanks for sharing.

I confusion.

Yes, you are little fella.

Who am I?

Well, let's see here ...

dick-waving? My bad.

Yeah, you really need to work on that. When we say goodbye we use our hands.

FAX

Silock
01-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Rephrase my insults

You know, I'm trying my best, but you keeping upping the stupidity quotient, and I'm running low. Thank god you're always here to refill my tank.

Going really slow

Tell me about it. You would think you'd have this down to a science, but I guess when you get old and and addle-brained, it really gums up the works.

I did not understand the conversation

I know you didn't, and really, it's okay. I forgive you.

My colon lacked the ability to lactate.

As far as I know, this is normal behavior for a colon. But I defer to your intimate experience with that area of the body and all functions pertaining to procreation.

When we say goodbye we use our hands.

I'd rather stick to just waving my dick, as I'd really rather not have your hands anywhere near it. I am flattered, though, that you find me so appealing.

You really didn't say anything stupid. And frankly, it makes it a little difficult to insult you any longer.

Aww, shucks. Apology accepted, big guy.

PastorMikH
03-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Say, Kawika, how's this interview feel now?

unothadeal
03-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Would DJ and Allen be considered Dick Pussies?

StcChief
03-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Hope Herm and Co. weed out the 'dont wanna win' guys.

DenverChief
03-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Say, Kawika, how's this interview feel now?

LMAO

Cochise
03-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Mashed potatoes! Gravy! And Cranberry sauce! Woooooowwwwwwwwww