PDA

View Full Version : Who will you root for now in the playoffs?

Andoverer
01-08-2007, 09:53 AM
I suppose New Orleans. I'm not done fuming though.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Playoffs? The playoffs?

Nah, season is over, time for jayhawks basketball...

Propbably wont watch much until the superbowl...

Woodrow Call
01-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm done for the year.

ROYC75
01-08-2007, 10:00 AM
:KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU:

Amnorix
01-08-2007, 10:00 AM
It's tight, but I think I'll go with the Pats. I mean, the Colts were a tempting choice and all, but....

Honestly, if the Pats can't close the deal, then I'm basically on the "anyone but Colts or Seahawks" bandwagon.

I don't dislike the Seahawks, but the Pats have their first round pick, and I don't want to see it drop to 31 or 32. :D

ROYC75
01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh football ? Probally Nawlins ...... If I watch at all........

Cochise
01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
:KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU:

Their stay in the postseason is usually about as long as the Chiefs' is.

Hydrae
01-08-2007, 10:02 AM
I expect Baltimore to win it all but I will be pulling for the unexpected team in the Saints.

JohninGpt
01-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I spent most of my adult life on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, plus lost everything I owned in Hurricane Katrina. My insurance and the Navy took care of me, but I'd like to see good things happen for the folks that are still there. So Geaux Saints!

Hoover
I'm pulling for Philly. Its an underdog thing, and I would love to see Garcia take them to the super bowl just to piss McNabb and his McMom off.

vailpass
AFC West. I was rooting for KC and SD, now I'm down to SD.

Cochise
01-08-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm rooting for Marty now. If his evolution as a coach is really complete then he's earned it.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2007, 10:10 AM

Really?

Stupid Final Fours, They should last longer!

StcChief
01-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Must stay in AFCW. come on Marty don't Martyball it up.

why prop up an NFC team? N.O. NFW another town that shouldn't have been rebuilt.

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Eagles, Ravens and Chargers. Any of those teams would be cool for their own reasons.

Andoverer
01-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Must stay in AFCW. come on Marty don't Martyball it up.

why prop up an NFC team? N.O. NFW another town that shouldn't have been rebuilt.

I know, I know, but there's something about coaches (DV) that have won the Superbowl somewhere else coming to KC and failing and coaches that failed here and go and win it somewhere else that just doesn't sit well with me.

crazycoffey
01-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Either for Manning to finally go to the show, Marty to finally go to the show, and have some playoff wins. So the next time we meet either of them in the playoffs the media will have to find another reason to root against us.

That or the Saints, feel good story.

crazycoffey
01-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Playoffs? The playoffs?

Nah, season is over, time for jayhawks basketball...

Propbably wont watch much until the superbowl...

I'm starting a feud;

M I Z - Z O U

Actually, I like KU too, because of Brandon Rush, but I will be wearing black and gold when your guys come to columbia.

Redrum_69
01-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm going to try out for the Chiefs offense...

wish me luck

Jr_Captain
01-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I'll pull for Marty now. Maybe they will do a Pittsburgh next year and give us some hope.

crazycoffey
01-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm going to try out for the Chiefs offense...

wish me luck

Good luck, but you'll have to change your number from 69

KCJohnny
01-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Are there still teams playing?
KCJ
Still fuming, too

htismaqe
01-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Regardless of the Marty factor, I can't believe anybody would ever root for a division rival...

Lzen
01-08-2007, 11:42 AM

You mean like that NCAA Championship game a short 3 seasons ago? Or perhaps the Elite Eight appearance that was an OT away from being a 3rd consecutive trip to the Final Four? :D Last couple of years? Yeah, those sucked. Hopefully, those kind of efforts are in the past.

Lzen
01-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Regardless of the Marty factor, I can't believe anybody would ever root for a division rival...

No kidding. That's my feelings. If Marty had gone to most any other team, I would be pulling for him. But he's with a division rival and I can't bring myself to root for him. Screw the Chargers!!! I'm waiting to see Marty's same old play not to lose approach rear its ugly head.

Frazod
01-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Chicago. Hopefully that douche Grossman won't ruin them.

BucEyedPea
01-08-2007, 12:01 PM
If NE drops out....I'll say N'awlins!
'Cause it's my division and because of how they came back from what happened after Katrina. Got a soft spot afterall.

No Seahawks—only because they have Branch.
I'm also petty and vengeful even if I think they got a raw deal with last Year's SB officiating.

Logical
01-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Indy, I have always liked Manning

morphius
01-08-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm going for NE, just because we have to hear about their dynasty all the time any way. I have grown accustomed to it, and would hate to see Marty actually win crap after all the shit we had to watch when he was here.

Frankie
01-08-2007, 12:18 PM
As erroneously posted in a similar thread:

My choice: .....(Drumroll)....... San Diego Chargers.

Before you start stoning me for picking a division rival, here are my reasons:

1- I am not a big Marty fan, but not a Marty hater either. I would have been a fan had he not displayed blind unadjusting stubbornness regarding Martyball, RBBC, the 3 stooges, letting young players' potential shrivel on the bench. But overall I think this might be his last chance for the ring and I think he deserves it.

2- The Chargers, though division rivals, are not hated like the Donks and the Faiders.

3- With San Diego winning there'll be one less hungry team in our division.

4- Last but most important: If Marty wins the SuperBowl it would serve as a vivid indictment against Martyball to guys like Herm who are still holding on to it. Marty would win with an open 'O' after years of having miserably failed in the post season with Martyball.

SLQ
01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
You left off, I'll watch the games but I dont give a rip who wins.

The football season ended on Saturday 6 Jan. 2007 this year.

JBucc
01-08-2007, 12:28 PM
The Patriots

crazycoffey
01-08-2007, 12:29 PM

It's called sportsmanship. We're not in competition with them anymore this season/playoffs. Marty did a lot of good here and is a good coach, not unthinkable to root for him.

Same for Manning / Indy, they just handed our O it's ass, but now I can say I've liked manning, seems like a good guy, I can root for him too.

Besides I like the Idea of Marty getting some postseason wins and Maybe Manning getting his SB, so (I said this earlier) when we play them again, next year or whenever, then the under current story line won't be, about manning compared to marino, or Marty's playoff curse. These storylines are old and wornout.

el borracho
01-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Go get your ring, Marty!

... now if I could figure out how to post that San Diego Superchargers song...

Saulbadguy
01-08-2007, 12:34 PM
The Commercials.

RedandGold
01-08-2007, 12:39 PM
This last weekend, I was rooting for the elimination of the two New York teams. Since that goal's accomplished, I'm rooting for the elimination of the other Manning from the playoffs. I honestly don't care about which team makes that happen just as long as one of them does.

greg63
01-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Saints.

BucEyedPea
01-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by htismaqe

Depends on the Div rival with me. I'd NEVER root for the Panthers. Even though I like Delhomme and respect their team. I hate thier fans.

RJ
01-08-2007, 12:43 PM
My "other" team is the Ravens. I lived half my life in Baltimore and have been to a couple of games there when I've gone back to visit. Love their D, of course, and their offense seems to do just enough. I think their chances of winning it all are as good as any team left.

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Really?

Stupid Final Fours, They should last longer!

Umm, does Bucknell or Bradley ring any bells?

FAX
01-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe ... just maybe, if Marty wins it all, his loving and adoring disciple Herm will realize that a high scoring offense isn't such a bad thing after all?

Nah.

I'm going with the Almost Drowned Guys.

FAX

StcChief
01-08-2007, 12:48 PM
If it's Chokeland or Dungver NFW.

SD despite their overloaded bandwagon.....Marty needs this on, best team he's ever had in the playoffs IMO.

stumppy
01-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't give a sh@t who wins now.

HemiEd

Me either, I want them to flame out badly.

New Orleans for me, the Bears fans around here will get out of control if the Bears get it done.

noa
The Saints. I like Reggie Bush, Colston, and Brees, but the guy I'm really impressed with is Deuce McAllister. He is the epitome of a team player and all these prima donnas in the league could learn from him. Rather than bitching when the Saints drafted another RB, he knew it was the best possible move, and even though his numbers might dip, it was the right move for the team. He came back from a bad injury to put up another 1,000 yard season while sharing carries with Bush. I wish there was more publicity on Deuce, but the media only likes players who bitch and moan like TO. Also, he was instrumental in my fantasy football championship, so I have many reasons to root for him.

InChiefsHell
01-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I want to see Saints vs. Chargers and may the best team win. I dont' hate the Chargers, especially in post season when we are out of the hunt, and my second team has always been New Orleans. Plus the Brees vs Rivers angle will be interesting. I DON'T want to see Seattle or the Iggles in at all, cuz I hate them.

Predarat
01-08-2007, 02:47 PM
I guess the Saints but I think the Ravens will win.

Nzoner
01-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I was going to root for the Chargers but seeing that i didn't get any Charger players in my postseason fantasy league I'll be cheering in this order

Patriots
Ravens
Bears

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
In descending order:

New Orleans
Chicago
Seattle
Philadelphia
New England
Baltimore
Indianapolis
San Diego

shyguyms
01-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Marty can win it all
the only thing Carl ever did right was drafting Derrick Thomas and hiring Marty and now Carl should swallow the barrel he is a no good bum!

madshaw16
01-08-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm rooting for Marty and the Bolts, but as long as Indy doesn't win, I don't really care!

Frankie
01-09-2007, 09:40 AM
In descending order:

New Orleans
Chicago
Seattle
Philadelphia
New England
Baltimore
Indianapolis
San Diego
You are a closet NFC fan.

sd4chiefs
01-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I am soooooooooooo sick of the Charger hipe here in Sandy Eggo. Sour Grapes I guess. I hope they are one and done in the playoffs. The Bandwagoning fans need to know how painfull it is to have the best record and then falling flat on thier face in their first playoff game.

Fairplay
01-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Im rooting for the Patriots. I know, they have been there before.

Still i like them because they play like they want to win the game.
Its not some standard speech given to them like one coach i know, only for the players to shrug it off later and say 'whatever'.
Apparently the players buy into what the coachs are selling them so they must be doing something right.

Belichick has good gameplans geared toward the team they are playing.

I wish the chiefs could be like them.

Kraut
01-09-2007, 10:36 AM
It's tight, but I think I'll go with the Pats. I mean, the Colts were a tempting choice and all, but....

Honestly, if the Pats can't close the deal, then I'm basically on the "anyone but Colts or Seahawks" bandwagon.

I don't dislike the Seahawks, but the Pats have their first round pick, and I don't want to see it drop to 31 or 32. :D
I'm really looking forward to this weekend's matchup. I hope Brady shoves a lightning bolt up their ass.

Drunk
01-09-2007, 12:29 PM
I am soooooooooooo sick of the Charger hipe here in Sandy Eggo. Sour Grapes I guess. I hope they are one and done in the playoffs. The Bandwagoning fans need to know how painfull it is to have the best record and then falling flat on thier face in their first playoff game.
Hahaha! Awwww, she's jealous.

Frankie
01-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Im rooting for the Patriots. I know, they have been there before.

Still i like them because they play like they want to win the game.
Its not some standard speech given to them like one coach i know, only for the players to shrug it off later and say 'whatever'.
Apparently the players buy into what the coachs are selling them so they must be doing something right.

Belichick has good gameplans geared toward the team they are playing.

I wish the chiefs could be like them.
you must not have watched them sleepwalk at home against the Donks to the tune of 7-17. And how about getting shut out by the Phins 0-21 a few weeks ago?

TipRoast
01-10-2007, 12:09 PM
you must not have watched them sleepwalk at home against the Donks to the tune of 7-17. And how about getting shut out by the Phins 0-21 a few weeks ago?
Unlike some in the media, we Patriots fans know that our coach is fallible, as it the team. Belichick can be outcoached on occasion, and the team can be outplayed on occasion. It happens.

Doesn't happen very often, especially in the playoffs, but it happens.

Frankie
01-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Unlike some in the media, we Patriots fans know that our coach is fallible, as it the team. Belichick can be outcoached on occasion, and the team can be outplayed on occasion. It happens.

Doesn't happen very often, especially in the playoffs, but it happens.
I watched the denver game. I wasn't a matter of you being outcoached. Your team walked around like zombies. Much like our game against the Steelers. They weren't necessarily outcoached. They were unmotivated.

TipRoast
01-10-2007, 12:52 PM
I watched the denver game. I wasn't a matter of you being outcoached. Your team walked around like zombies. Much like our game against the Steelers. They weren't necessarily outcoached. They were unmotivated.
Agreed. Kind of like the opener against Buffalo in 2003 (Buffalo won 31-0).

Belichick tries to bring the team along slowly, so that they're peaking at the end of the year. Sometimes that results in games where the level of effort doesn't match that of the opponents; that will almost always get you beat in the NFL.