PDA

View Full Version : StevieRay Guest Nominations

Phobia
01-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Steve has asked me to select his guest SuperBowl attendee.

Please make nominations within this thread and present your case in 50 words or less. You may NOT nominate yourself.

At the end of the nomination period I'll select the individual I'll recommend Steve take with him to the SuperBowl.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I nominate Denise and in 50 words or less... "Entertainment Value".

FAX
01-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I nominate Mr. ping2000 on the grounds that 2000 is a lot of pings without a single pong.

FAX

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I humbly submit the name of Phil Kloster for your consideration. He is a good cook.

Logical
01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
I nominate Denise and in 50 words or less... "Entertainment Value".

I would have nominated myself but must admit this has great potential for entertainment.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
I humbly submit the name of Phil Kloster for your consideration. He is a good cook.

Brown nose... look out, GoChiefs doesn't want any competition.

Chiefnj
01-08-2007, 02:36 PM
I second Mile High Mania's nomination and insist that the trip be videotaped and streamed to the Planet 24-7.

Phobia
01-08-2007, 02:37 PM

This is certainly the leading nomination thus far.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 02:38 PM
The power of the people vote for insanity, my friend.

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Brown nose... look out, GoChiefs doesn't want any competition.

Of what value is brown nosing him? He is no longer a mod anywhere and he already spent the $500.

Claynus
01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I submit Austin Chief for all he does in providing this great online hangout.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
2 words for ya; Taco John

because they love each other so much

j/k

my nomination would be..........Rain Man

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I was gonna say TJ... another great 'entertainment' option.

chagrin
01-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I nominate BOB DOLE - they obviously get along well and I think the two combined would just make a good combination of debauchery and have many good, seriously good, stories to tell upon their return.

Sorry, I don't have any colorful words, but those two owned the bash a few months ago, they had too much fun

KChiefer
01-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I think the tickets should be sold and give everyone here a dollar. It's the only fair way.

j/k :p

Chiefnj
How about Mrs. First Down Elvis and Kloster can babysit the kids for the weekend.

Mile High Mania

Who?

Buck
I nominate his son, daughter, wife, girlfriend, father, mother, brother, sister, cousin, nephew, niece, or any other person that is closely related to him.

KC Dan
01-08-2007, 02:43 PM
I nominate his wife. Otherwise, we'll just have a sad, single, old, balding, fat First Down Elvis to contend with next year at the games.

|Zach|
I think Stevie and Phil would be a great fit.

BigRedChief also stands out in my mind.

Mile High Mania
I nominate BOB DOLE - they obviously get along well and I think the two combined would just make a good combination of debauchery and have many good, seriously good, stories to tell upon their return.

Sorry, I don't have any colorful words, but those two owned the bash a few months ago, they had too much fun

That would be the best 'party duo'.

PastorMikH
I nominate his son, daughter, wife, girlfriend, father, mother, brother, sister, cousin, nephew, niece, or any other person that is closely related to him.

I was going to suggest First Down Priscilla and/or First Down Lisa Marie as his first option as well.

PastorMikH
01-08-2007, 02:44 PM
I think Stevie and Phil would be a great fit.

Steve would get bored.

Phobia
01-08-2007, 02:44 PM
How about Mrs. First Down Elvis and Kloster can babysit the kids for the weekend.

I think this is a wonderful idea.

Warrior5
01-08-2007, 02:45 PM

Yep.

sedated
01-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I nominate myself, because I'm a pompous selfish ass

Phobia
01-08-2007, 02:46 PM
I nominate his wife. Otherwise, we'll just have a sad, single, old, balding, fat First Down Elvis to contend with next year at the games.

I think Rana is a very good choice. But I really think he should take his son. What an incredible bonding opportunity. Once in a lifetime.

Hoover
01-08-2007, 02:46 PM
My nomination is for Iowanian.

I have met Iowanian, he is a good man. And if I can't go, he should because he will get into some crazy stuff at the super bowl, and his stories on the planet will be good reading once he returns. Heck he might event write a poem.

Hoover

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, if he has a son older than 10... definitely has to take him.

Dartgod
01-08-2007, 02:49 PM
You bastard! I figured we would nominate each other.

KC Dan
01-08-2007, 02:50 PM
You bastard! I figured we would nominate each other.
Well I thought about that & I figured that since I ain't never sleeping with FDE and neither would you - he better stick with the wife. :)

Braincase
01-08-2007, 02:50 PM
There are any number of people that should be recognized for their good works here on ChiefsPlanet. This makes coming up with one person to nominate very difficult. To that end, I want to nominate the guy that time and time again has offered up his home for the betterment of the community.

NZONER!

Braincase
01-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I got 5 bucks sez luv won't nominate ENDelt or Moo.

BigRedChief
01-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I like the way you think We already hanged out at the playoff game, before every home game...:clap: but seriously............... As much as I would love to go this has to be shared with family. Getting to see a World Series Championship with my son is a special time that neither of us will ever forget. Stevie Ray should get to share a similiar experience with a family member of his choice. We will volunteer as a babysitter if needed.

Chief Chief
01-08-2007, 02:54 PM
I nominate myself, because I'm a pompous selfish ass

I second this nomination and its justification because it represents "...truth, justice, and the American way..."

Frazod
01-08-2007, 02:57 PM
I'd nominate Dole, but I'd be afraid he'd get too drunk the night before and sleep through the game.....

Seriously, though, I have no problem with Kyle, Phil, Joe or Scott. They've all done a lot for our twisted little community.

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 03:03 PM
It's Stevie's ticket, so he or his legal guardian Phil can make the call, but I wonder if there could be a raffle? Sell tickets for five bucks each and give the money to 37 Forever (it's still around, right?) or perhaps even a big server upgrade.

Otherwise, that one-legged homeless man still hangs around outside my building. I'm sure it would be a special thrill for him.

Phobia
01-08-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm surprised the previous poster didn't nominate Og the Caveman. Og had a fighting chance.

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm torn between nominating OgTheCaveman or Lassie. Both highly valued posters.

Kerberos
01-08-2007, 03:09 PM
I nominate GoChiefs as I think he deserves a vacation to the SuperBowl and would give us some good entertainment with feedback while there.

Phobia
01-08-2007, 03:11 PM
You people do know that nominations accompanied by a paypal are given more weight, do you not?

JBucc
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I nominate someone who's good at photography so they can take pics and post them.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I nominate GoChiefs as I think he deserves a vacation to the SuperBowl and would give us some good entertainment with feedback while there.

Dude... do you just simply hate FDE? This is supposed to be a fun event.

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Again, one-legged homeless man outside my building. He would be stoked. I don't know if he likes football or not, but if there's alcohol provided, that would be enough.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 03:14 PM
I also nominate Nick Athan he would at least spend $500

crazycoffey
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
How about the wolf guy, but I want to see them both in costume no matter who is in the SB. The camera is sure to pick up those two characters dancing around in the crowd.

Kerberos
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM

Good Point

I retract my previous nomination because of a gas pocket that traveled up my spine and created a brain fart!

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 03:18 PM
You people do know that nominations accompanied by a paypal are given more weight, do you not?

That's a good system.

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 03:20 PM
We could develop an objective judging system, based on time on Chiefsplanet, post count, how much Stevie likes them, appreciation of football in general, ability to be entertaining, and possibly financial need. Everyone send your 1040s to me, and I'll get that part of the process started.

Kerberos
01-08-2007, 03:21 PM

Does this mean if I nominate someone and they win I have to send another person along with them to be the PAYPAL and pay for all expenses while they are there?

Kerberos
01-08-2007, 03:22 PM
We could develop an objective judging system, based on time on Chiefsplanet, post count, how much Stevie likes them, appreciation of football in general, ability to be entertaining, and possibly financial need. Everyone send your 1040s to me, and I'll get that part of the process started.

rigged!

BucEyedPea
jettio

Iowanian
As much as I'd like to nominate myself, and know we'd have a good time, and that I'd kick a boot to the babymaker of anyone tugging on his cape.....(and am responsible for 3 votes)

I know FDE is a family man, I think its an experience better shared with a family member, or one of the long time members he's tailgated with over the years.

Have a good time.

crazycoffey
How about the wolf guy, but I want to see them both in costume no matter who is in the SB. The camera is sure to pick up those two characters dancing around in the crowd.

WeirdWolf, that's who I meant, I had to go find the thread with the pregame pics on it.

Phobia
01-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Does this mean if I nominate someone and they win I have to send another person along with them to be the PAYPAL and pay for all expenses while they are there?

.This is entirely too confusing. I'm going to require a flow chart to be submitted with this post (and a nominal donation through paypal).

stumppy
01-08-2007, 03:24 PM

Is there a certain amount of..(ahem) ..weight that would guarantee being the lucky person ?

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 03:25 PM
rigged!

Thanks a lot. One more secret plan down the tubes.

Kerberos
01-08-2007, 03:25 PM
This is entirely too confusing. I'm going to require a flow chart to be submitted with this post (and a nominal donation through paypal).

LMAO

Phobia
01-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Is there a certain amount of..(ahem) ..weight that would guarantee being the lucky person ?

It's been said that you make your own luck. So, I'd say that the person who makes the most luck would be the lucky person....

If I were you, I'd sell all your possessions (and bucsgirl's) and apply for a spot in this contest instead of traveling the country in a van down by the river.

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 03:27 PM
I believe that DaFace has a nomination that he'd like to submit. Right, DaFace? (Cue ominous music.)

StcChief
01-08-2007, 03:30 PM
If he doesn't take his better half, there will likely 'be hell to pay'.

BigRedChief
01-08-2007, 03:31 PM
As much as I'd like to nominate myself, and know we'd have a good time, and that I'd kick a boot to the babymaker of anyone tugging on his cape.....(and am responsible for 3 votes)

I know FDE is a family man, I think its an experience better shared with a family member, or one of the long time members he's tailgated with over the years.

Have a good time.
Guys, how can it be any thing else?
You'd rather FDE take Phobia, nzoner etc over his own flesh and blood family? Have you met his wife, his family. They rock. They deserve something for FDE being gone to Chiefs related stuff all the time.

stumppy
01-08-2007, 03:34 PM
It's been said that you make your own luck. So, I'd say that the person who makes the most luck would be the lucky person....

If I were you, I'd sell all your possessions (and bucsgirl's) and apply for a spot in this contest instead of traveling the country in a van down by the river.

LMAO

You think I haven't already done that ?

I take it that paypal is the only place we can get an official application ?

Phobia
01-08-2007, 03:37 PM
LMAO

You think I haven't already done that ?

I take it that paypal is the only place we can get an official application ?

Dude, I haven't even gotten one brown-nosing positive rep on this thread. My expectations aren't very high. I'm pretty sure the first person who sends enough for me to buy a McChicken wins. You guys already know I come cheap.

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 03:39 PM

Says the guy that seconded the MeMyselfI vote. :shake:

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Gotta be the wife or other family.....

PastorMikH
01-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I'll throw my name in. Steve, we can find a church close by to attend so we shouldn't miss more than half of the first quarter.

:thumb:

Fairplay
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
I nominate Nzoner as well. Nuff' said.

stumppy
01-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Dude, I haven't even gotten one brown-nosing positive rep on this thread. My expectations aren't very high. I'm pretty sure the first person who sends enough for me to buy a McChicken wins. You guys already know I come cheap.

Alrighty then, $2.00 on it's way. Maybe with the left over change you could buy a new personality.:D

Oh...........I'm so not gonna win this now.

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 03:44 PM

LMAO

Raiderhader
01-08-2007, 04:00 PM

Aren't you the one that nominated Denise? Talk about hating a guy....

I am a bit surprised there is even a contest; I would think wife or kid be an automatic choice.

Phobia
01-08-2007, 04:01 PM
It's not so much a contest as it is a phundraiser phor phobia.

Guru
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Frazod. Planet MVP. Nuff said.

Bowser
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
*furiously searching for long dead Planet alter ego*

Bowser
01-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Nzoner, frazod, Phobia, Rain Man, or Dole.

Someone start a poll.

ROYC75
01-08-2007, 04:06 PM
WOW, Have fun Stevie .......... Take a family member.

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 04:08 PM

repost

wutamess
01-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I nominate myself.

50 words or less:
I like him. I like him a LOT.
He's probably pos repped me the most out of all my reppers.

Raiderhader
01-08-2007, 04:13 PM
repost

Technically it isn't. The post in question accused him of "seconding" the nomination (which he didn't, he brought it to the floor).

And besides, I saw your post after responding to his.

siberian khatru
01-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I nominate myself.

50 words or less:
I like him. I like him a LOT.
He's probably pos repped me the most out of all my reppers.

This is a black thing, isn't it?

Zebedee DuBois
01-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I was going to suggest taking Herm Edwards, just so he could see what real teams look like, but it would probably be wasted on the stubburn guy.

(still a little chaffed)

Raiderhader
01-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm thinking about this whole thing and something just seems a bit off to me. Phil wants us to make donations to him to help send SOMEONE else to the big game. Me thinks you'd make out better if self nominations were allowed, Phil.

I could be mistaken though....

wutamess
01-08-2007, 04:16 PM
This is a black thing, isn't it?

Yup Steve's always been an honorary brother.

Ari Chi3fs
01-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Take your wife, dude. Or, take Nick Athan.

WEIRDWOLF
01-08-2007, 04:21 PM
WeirdWolf, that's who I meant, I had to go find the thread with the pregame pics on it.
I'm starting to like you. Positive rep for you.

Elvis should take Carl Peterson and have him dress in an extra Elvis suit. Carls even got the hair for it. I think they could pull off a great duet rendition of Love Me Tender!!

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 04:26 PM

I am a bit surprised there is even a contest; I would think wife or kid be an automatic choice.

No way in heck am I letting my wife go with him.

stevieray
01-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi all! Mrs. FDE here....

I've known Phobia now ever since we moved here 3+ yrs. ago. I would place him at the top of my list as one of the best practical jokers I have ever met. He has a wonderful sense of humor.

I'm going with Stevie to Miami....
My parents are flying out from CO to watch the kids...
I made his costumes and have been married to him for over 14 yrs....
I never have to worry about his eyes straying somewhere else.... ;)

I truly hope that you understand. This was Phobia's idea of having some fun while Steve and I were at work. You gotta smile, pretty creative on his part. I'm very sorry if some of you took this topic to heart.
Thanks again for all the kind words and votes for my honey in this contest. He's very excited about it all and like the fan that he is, he told me that he'd rather that the Chiefs be playing in the SB, than for us to be going to it.

Thanks...

KC Dan
01-08-2007, 04:31 PM
threadkiller...

:)

stumppy
01-08-2007, 04:33 PM
NUTHOOKS!!!

At least spend the whole $2.00 on a personality.

stevieray
01-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks Dan.

o:-)

Stevie's on his way to the Mitch Holthus show. He told me about this post before he walked out the door. It's funny, I've teased him about being a threadkiller himself. My 2nd time on the board and already I'm bad. So sorry.

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Demonpenz cuz his Eagles are going all the way!

KC Dan
01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks Dan.

o:-)

Stevie's on his way to the Mitch Holthus show. He told me about this post before he walked out the door. It's funny, I've teased him about being a threadkiller himself. My 2nd time on the board and already I'm bad. So sorry.
No, i thought it was an enjoyable thread knowing long ago that Stevie was obviously taking you. HE'S NO FOOL, who wouldn't! I just thought Phil's thread was a good read today.

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM

I've known Phobia now ever since we moved here 3+ yrs. ago. I would place him at the top of my list as one of the best practical jokers I have ever met. He has a wonderful sense of humor.

I truly hope that you understand. This was Phobia's idea of having some fun while Steve and I were at work. You gotta smile, pretty creative on his part. I'm very sorry if some of you took this topic to heart.
Thanks again for all the kind words and votes for my honey in this contest. He's very excited about it all and like the fan that he is, he told me that he'd rather that the Chiefs be playing in the SB, than for us to be going to it.

Thanks...

Are you saying that Phil picked you? I don't think he did. I see no documentation anywhere in this thread.

I think this is just a ploy to prevent more nominations.

Phobia
01-08-2007, 04:41 PM
My 2nd time on the board and already I'm bad. So sorry.

What about April 1st, 2001 - when Steve had his motorcycle accident?

Phobia
01-08-2007, 04:50 PM

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg
Let this American infidel bask in her illusion. He is not going to the Mitch Holtus show. I triple-guarantee you he is taking ME to the SuperBowl. If he does not, I will give him the shoe.

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 05:02 PM
I really think that Stevie is taking me. I'm the obvious choice - I'm a good sidekick who'll let him be the leader while I nod approvingly behind him, I pretty much like any appetizer at restaurants so he could always pick, and I never try to take the armrest on planes.

I'll bet he's just waiting till my birthday to announce it.

SPchief
01-08-2007, 05:25 PM
How about Steve taking Nick Athan to the game so we can get more riviting blog updates.

ENDelt260
01-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Or, he could take his kid and I'll babysit his wife for the weekend.

Coach
01-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I'd nominate Frazod. One word. Security.

Fraz would be a hell of a body guard with a gun, and he has proven to use it before. Case A: The Fridge.

He's also a hell of a fighter, and he wouldn't back down when someone trys to pick on him. Case B: Boarding Bronco incident.

Ugly Duck
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
I nominate Logical..... he has 50,000 posts & is an icon of the Planet.

stevieray
01-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Endelt, you are so cute...you made me smile. :)
(I'd have quoted you but I don't know how)

Phobia
01-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Or, he could take his kid and I'll babysit his wife for the weekend.

Dude, the wife isn't 225 lbs.

Frazod
01-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Frazod appreciates the nominations, but respectfully declines. This is a job for a "people person," and that ain't me.

Please remove me from consideration.

KCFalcon59
01-08-2007, 06:11 PM

Thanks man. I was going to nominate you, but not now.....:mad:

KCFalcon59
01-08-2007, 06:13 PM
I nominate rxrider. That mofo can Q it up. He also can play LT if needed.

Kerberos
01-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks man. I was going to nominate you, but not now.....:mad:

:D

I recinded my nomination of goatcheeze. The gas bubble that went up my spine turned into a brain fart and gave me shitty ideas.

DOH

:homer:

Phobia
01-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I really thought he was gonna invite me. I have a pretty darn nice rack, too.

tommykat
01-08-2007, 07:24 PM
What???? Not taking a "lady" ;) that is behind the washing machine?

FOOOOOOOOOO CHIT

Amy Irving goes with Stevie! ;)

mlyonsd
01-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Without reading the entire thread I'd nominate nzoner.

Good guy and does a lot for others.

KChiefs1
01-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I met Stevie in River Falls & I think he should take his wife so they can enjoy Miami together.

I'd babysit but since he doesn't know me real well he'd probably worry about his kids the whole time.

Steve have a great time in Miami with your wife.

Nzoner
01-08-2007, 08:05 PM

It's not his eyes you should worry about :D

Seriously,I've been around you two enough to know you are a great couple and this trip should definitely be for the both of you.

Have a great time,I've had the opportunity to go to two Super Bowls and believe me you are in for the experience of a lifetime.

KChiefs1
01-08-2007, 08:08 PM

Thanks...

Congrats!:clap:

Nzoner
01-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Without reading the entire thread I'd nominate nzoner.

Good guy and does a lot for others.

Damn you guys are gonna make me tear up,5 nominations,I feel so loved.

Frazod
01-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I nominate Phil for the nuthooks. :grr:

Phobia
01-08-2007, 08:21 PM

Why? This thread is completely legit. I intend to recommend a special nomination to Stevie despite his wife's mistaken claims.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, even if it doesnt count, I MUST nominate myself, because in truth i deserve it.I have been a DIE-HARD since 81, because just as i had truly chosen my team, the man who made that choice for me Mr. Joe Delaney died in a SELFLESS way to save 2 drowning children from a pond he built for the local kids whom had NOTHING to better their lives with. For me , his on field talent & off field nature coalesced into a VERY pure form, it crystallized for me , then & there that KC was my team.

Due to my talent for taking my own path in life, i have NEVER been to a Pro-Football game in my life. Struggling artists rarely can afford a trip to a game with the wife(ex) & kids. God knows i tried.

I am an Elvis fan from the get go & own several albums & discs. There is TRULY nothing that would rock my world than to go with FDE to the premier event in all the sporting world.

People sling around "dream come true" way too much, but NOT me.

It would be a memory that i take to my grave.

Simply Red
01-08-2007, 08:42 PM
RainMan, Nzoner, Frazod all three have my vote, not necessarily in that order. You know I believe I saw Stevie at the Cinci(last game under Vermeil) but at that time I didn't realize he was a Planeteer, or I'd have introduced myself.

Phobia
01-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Delaney built that pond? I'll be darned. The legend grows with every telling.

KcMizzou
01-08-2007, 08:47 PM
This has been a rather successful thread.

LMAO

Phobia
01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
I've decided to respectfully decline Steve's invitation. I don't like to spend very much time away from my family so I'm going to insist that he take his wife.

cmh6476
01-08-2007, 10:59 PM
nzoner, cause

TinyEvel
01-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I nominate HERM. And have Stevie say "pay f*cking attention!" the whole game.

DaFace
01-09-2007, 12:25 AM
I believe that DaFace has a nomination that he'd like to submit. Right, DaFace? (Cue ominous music.)

Heh...perhaps I should spend more time on ChiefsPlanet and less time working - I completely missed this! Doesn't sound like it would have done much good, though. Just in case, I hereby nominate Rain Man. He has an unrivaled knowledge of the game and a sense of humor to make a report of the trip fun for us all to read. Not to mention that he works too hard and needs to get out for a while (and we all would love to throw a party in the office while he's gone).

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 02:59 AM

I second that motion

RedDread
01-09-2007, 04:48 AM
I'm not nominating anyone cause I haven't met anyone in person, but I would like to congratulate Stevieray on his victory, thereby proving that CP has the best posters of any chiefs board.

Why? Cause I said so. :harumph:

Phobia
01-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Heh...perhaps I should spend more time on ChiefsPlanet and less time working - I completely missed this! Doesn't sound like it would have done much good, though. Just in case, I hereby nominate Rain Man. He has an unrivaled knowledge of the game and a sense of humor to make a report of the trip fun for us all to read. Not to mention that he works too hard and needs to get out for a while (and we all would love to throw a party in the office while he's gone).

I'm sorry, Rain Man is now disqualified due to your failure to follow the 50 word nomination limitation.

Guru
01-09-2007, 05:28 AM
I'm sorry, Rain Man is now disqualified due to your failure to follow the 50 word nomination limitation.
Way to go Face. :shake:

Phobia
01-09-2007, 05:41 AM
Way to go Face. :shake:

I know. I was totally gonna recommend him, too.

boogblaster
01-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Take Hootie and throw him from the plane....

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 06:16 AM

Not that's some quality brown nosing right there ladies and gentlemen!

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Congrats, Stevie. Taking Raina was a no brainer, no doubt.

Boobs, or moobs? Easy choice. ;)

Seriously though, have fun you two.

DaFace
01-09-2007, 07:31 AM

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

There goes my good first week.

CanadianChief
01-09-2007, 07:49 AM
There are any number of people that should be recognized for their good works here on ChiefsPlanet. This makes coming up with one person to nominate very difficult. To that end, I want to nominate the guy that time and time again has offered up his home for the betterment of the community.

NZONER!

Completely agree with you...I nominate NZONER as well.

Nzoner
01-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Completely agree with you...I nominate NZONER as well.

Wow,too bad this thread isn't for real

DAMMIT CARL :banghead:

Over-Head
01-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I've decided to respectfully decline Steve's invitation. I don't like to spend very much time away from my family so I'm going to insist that he take his wife. :thumb:

Easy 6
01-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Delaney built that pond? I'll be darned. The legend grows with every telling.

As i recall, yes he built it a little ways from the recreation center that he built.

Phobia
01-09-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty well studied on Delaney and he didn't build the pond nor did he build a recreation center.

The "pond" was an excavation site for a water park that was being built near a city park. The area had experienced significant rainfall so the water had collected.

Both the construction company and the city reached pretty sizable settlements with the widow from what I understand.

Easy 6
01-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty well studied on Delaney and he didn't build the pond nor did he build a recreation center.

The "pond" was an excavation site for a water park that was being built near a city park. The area had experienced significant rainfall so the water had collected.

Both the construction company and the city reached pretty sizable settlements with the widow from what I understand.

My memory could be a little fuzzy on the pond, but i know for a fact that i read something on Joe opening a rec center because he felt so bad for the local kids who had nothing to do. It was a dirt poor little burgh & Joe wanted to give back.

Phobia
01-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Joe spent time at a rec center but I'm not aware of any rec center he opened. A rec center played zero part in the story of his death. I too could be mistaken. I'm not the authority on Joe Delaney but I think I'm an authority.