PDA

View Full Version : I guess Petro was right

Archie F. Swin
01-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Left Tackle is the 2nd most important offensive position in pro football. We got a big dose of that this year. :harumph:

FAX
01-08-2007, 05:35 PM
It may be the numero uno position, Mr. Archie F. Swin. Even the best QB in all the land can make little yellow puddles when he's blindsided by a 270 pound DE running at full speed.

I remember DV talking about building an offense once and he surprised me when he said that you start with the LT. I have to agree.

FAX

Baby Lee
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
In the next issue of Duh! Magazine. ;)

Ari Chi3fs
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
our LT this year has been a revolving shit storm of pure shit.

Shit!

Eric
01-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Petro also said today that LJ wiffed on every block when we passed.

We need to draft a FB that can run,catch and block.

FringeNC
01-08-2007, 06:05 PM

We need to draft a FB that can run,catch and block.

I haven't re-watched the game. It looked like jail breaks every passing play, but there have been a few games where LJ was awful in pass protection. He is a liability on passing downs, which is yet another reason why the Chiefs need to be unpredictable. Passing on third and long is no good because if LArry is out, the defense knows it's a pass. If here is in there, he'll get manhandled in pass protection. The Chiefs would be a far better team if they just flipped a coin to decide whether to run or pass, and completely ignore down/distance.

Regarding left tackle, I think he's right. Problem is, that's rather common knowledge now, so where are we going to steal another Willie Roaf?

siberian khatru
01-08-2007, 06:34 PM

In his defense, though, he never missed an opportunity to pout.

Fruit Ninja
01-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Levi Jones will be a FA, maybe carl can do something, who knows, but they probalby will franchise him

Archie F. Swin
01-08-2007, 07:05 PM
In his defense, though, he never missed an opportunity to pout.

LJ and Peyton should have a "pout-off" for the Owens-Winslow Jr. Trophy