PDA

View Full Version : Hootie created a website...

shaneo69
01-09-2007, 09:16 AM
www.dumptrent.com

Flanagan pointed this out in his column this morning.

I'm by no means a Trent Bledsoe fan, but some people apparently have way too much time on their hands.

gblowfish
01-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Wow.
I don't think Damon Huard is the answer to long term success, and trent is looking very "Len Dawson in 1973 ish..."

Truth is neither guy will match up well with Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler and whoever the Raiders take with the first pick.

Look for King Carl to bring us another guy from somewhere else. Maybe Romo, maybe Leftwich. Maybe Garcia or Rattay, cause Carl has a woody for SF QBs.
The Chiefs have NEVER home grown a top quality starting QB. Dawson, Kenney, Kreig, DeBerg, Montana, Grbac, Bono, Green, all came from other places. All our drafted QBs have flamed out. How can that happen? How can a team NEVER develop a drafted QB as a quality starter? It boggles the mind.

Brock
01-09-2007, 09:33 AM
One of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Phobia
01-09-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm not fond of Trent's results over the past 2 months either but I can't throw my support behind that site.

To whomever built that site, it reads like an opinion column. Build a case. State facts. Let the reader develop their own opinion.

headsnap
01-09-2007, 09:38 AM
WOW, that's pathetic!

shaneo69
01-09-2007, 09:38 AM
One of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Classless and deranged.

headsnap
01-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Classless and deranged.
I'd just say deranged on that one...

Phobia
01-09-2007, 09:43 AM
I'll bet whomever started that site really does drive a camaro and sport a mullet.

Rooster
01-09-2007, 09:51 AM
WOW! :shake:

FAX
01-09-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm not fond of Trent's results over the past 2 months either but I can't throw my support behind that site.

To whomever built that site, it reads like an opinion column. Build a case. State facts. Let the reader develop their own opinion.

Charge a fee.

FAX

Over-Head
01-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Wow.
I don't think Damon Huard is the answer to long term success, and trent is looking very "Len Dawson in 1973 ish..."

Truth is neither guy will match up well with Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler and whoever the Raiders take with the first pick.

Look for King Carl to bring us another guy from somewhere else. Maybe Romo, maybe Leftwich. Maybe Garcia or Rattay, cause Carl has a woody for SF QBs.
The Chiefs have NEVER home grown a top quality starting QB. Dawson, Kenney, Kreig, DeBerg, Montana, Grbac, Bono, Green, all came from other places. All our drafted QBs have flamed out. How can that happen? How can a team NEVER develop a drafted QB as a quality starter? It boggles the mind.
I dunno either? But Al's made it a science over in Oaktown :banghead:

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 09:56 AM
I'll bet whomever started that site really does drive a camaro and sport a mullet.

Clarke, Tom sprintsup@hotmail.com
285 Bedford St
Gardner, Kansas 66030
United States

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Word

SLAG
01-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Cash, Tom sprintsup@hotmail.com
285 Bedford St
Gardner, Kansas 66030
United States

Who

jspchief
I don't think a website is even needed.

Green is smart. If that injury made him contemplate retirement, getting his ass kicked all over the field and playing like shit should drive the idea home.

IMO it's about an 80% chance that he hangs it up.

Fish
We Todd Did.....

shaneo69
285 Bedford St
Gardner, Kansas 66030
United States

ROFL

Dammit Dole, you've ruined the best part about being a jackass on the internet.

Phobia
01-09-2007, 10:03 AM
285 Bedford St
Gardner, Kansas 66030
United States

Hopefully Trent sends an assassine.

shaneo69
01-09-2007, 10:04 AM

Maybe if he gets cut he'll hang it up. But I don't know why anyone would turn down the $7 mil* he's owed for this season. Plus they'd probably ask him to return the pro-rated portion of his $11 mil* salary bonus.

*Figures referenced in some other post by GoChiefs.

ChiefButthurt
01-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Nice....I just hope that Trent Green wouldn't see that shit. The guy is a class act and doesn't deserve that treatment.

Fish
01-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Anybody else get the feeling that Trent has too much pride to hang it up on his own?

ChiefButthurt
01-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Anybody else get the feeling that Trent has too much pride to hang it up on his own?

If Trent is so damn bad.....why did Pennington have a career boost after Herm left New York? Are we forgetting how we got in this mess?

Phobia
01-09-2007, 10:17 AM
If Trent is so damn bad.....why did Pennington have a career boost after Herm left New York? Are we forgetting how we got in this mess?
Well, for one thing he got healthy.

I don't understand how Solari did such a good job of playing to Huard's strengths couldn't make the adjustments to play to Green's strengths and protect his weaknesses.

jspchief
01-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Maybe if he gets cut he'll hang it up. But I don't know why anyone would turn down the $7 mil* he's owed for this season. Plus they'd probably ask him to return the pro-rated portion of his $11 mil* salary bonus.

*Figures referenced in some other post by GoChiefs.How about brain damage? Is that a good reason for a millionaire to pass on a few more million?

Green looks scared out there. He already has a lot of money. I'm not sure getting more will be worth what next season has in store for the Chiefs QB.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2007, 10:22 AM
anyone who thinks this loss is Trent Green's fault didn't watch the game very closely.

or isn't being rational

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I think Solari just ran into more talented defenses. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

StcChief
01-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I still see Green retiring with a settlement.

jspchief
01-09-2007, 10:26 AM
anyone who thinks this loss is Trent Green's fault didn't watch the game very closely.

or isn't being rationalGreen played poorly pretty much all year.

IMO Green's either on the decline, or he's been exposed as a product of his O-line.

I'll pose the same question that I asked in another thread... What does Trent Green do well as a QB? Not what did he do 2+ years ago. What does he excell at now?

Fish
01-09-2007, 10:28 AM

There are a few more factors other than just head coach to think about...

I'm not laying all the blame on Trent.... I think it was a combination of things.... Solari not being confident enough in his first season, Herm influencing Solari's decisions/playcalling, OLine problems, Trent losing confidence/passion/youth, etc...

The point being you can only try to hammer a square peg into a round hole for so long before you have to give up and try a different one.... the ship sank in the playoff game with us still hammering the square peg....

Phobia
01-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Green played poorly pretty much all year.

IMO Green's either on the decline, or he's been exposed as a product of his O-line.

I'll pose the same question that I asked in another thread... What does Trent Green do well as a QB? Not what did he do 2+ years ago. What does he excell at now?
He excels at holding the ball entirely too long. Now is that because his WR's can't get open or because he's not going through his progressions as efficiently? Who knows?

crazycoffey
01-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I think Solari just ran into more talented defenses. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

and more motivated for the playoffs

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Can anyone name one 37-year old quarterback (besides Joe Montana) that won a playoff game? Anyone?

Fish
01-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Can anyone name one 37-year old quarterback (besides Joe Montana) that won a playoff game? Anyone?

Rich Gannon?

crazycoffey
01-09-2007, 10:38 AM

John Elway???

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Rich Gannon?

Goddammit! :banghead:

jspchief
01-09-2007, 10:39 AM
He excels at holding the ball entirely too long. Now is that because his WR's can't get open or because he's not going through his progressions as efficiently? Who knows?I've always said that Saunders' pass routes were slow to develop. I don't know if it's a product of WRs that can't get seperation, or if it's just the complexity of the routes... my guess is a little of both.

But the truth is what Green did best was stand in the pocket and wait for someone to get open. Now no one is getting open, and even if they did Green doesn't get the time to wait for it.

A simplified pass offense may help that quite a bit. But to be honest I'm not sure Green's skill set is anything tha t pectacular in a watered down passing offense. He's not terribly accurate with his throws, and many of them lack touch. Watching Green throw short routes always remind me of that play-off game where Holmgren tells Favre to stop throwing the ball so damn hard.

Kerberos
01-09-2007, 10:52 AM

How old was Jim Plunket when he took the Faiders to the Superbowl?

I was thinking he was over 35 somewhere? :shrug:

Phobia
01-09-2007, 10:55 AM
How old was Jim Plunket when he took the Faiders to the Superbowl?

I was thinking he was over 35 somewhere? :shrug:

Nope. He was my first thought but he was under 30. He played 14 years and finished his last 5 with Houston and New Orleans. I think he was just an early grey.

Kerberos
01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Nope. He was my first thought but he was under 30. He played 14 years and finished his last 5 with Houston and New Orleans. I think he was just an early grey.

All I remember is every sports caster from here to OXNARD saying that Jim Plunket was WASHED up and would never get through the playoffs and he just kept passing the Raiduhs all the way to the SuperBowl.

PHOG
01-09-2007, 11:01 AM

Blanda? :shrug:

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Most classless thing is the picture of Trent lying there from the Jags game.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2007, 11:09 AM
we should of played Croyle ... neither Green/Huard is the future of the chiefs.

now we don't know if Croyle is either.

the failure of this organization to look to the future has killed us.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Most classless thing is the picture of Trent lying there from the Jags game.
did you actually expect any class from "Hootie"?

Phobia
01-09-2007, 11:13 AM
It's not Hootie. Hootie writes a whole lot better than the dude who did this website.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Hootie is from Illinois as well.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I don't think a website is even needed.

Green is smart. If that injury made him contemplate retirement, getting his ass kicked all over the field and playing like shit should drive the idea home.

He has said he intends to return next year. We'll see. I'd prefer him to come back and have a pretty good season and retire, just so people would stfu. Croyle can't be thrown in this quick imo.

POND_OF_RED
01-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Half of that shit on the website is retarded.