PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan's latest scapegoat...Larry Coyer

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Funny stuff!!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=51845

Personally I think this is a huge mistake. They have no talent on the defensive line and are weak at safety. Coyer did a great job.

louie aguiar
01-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow, that's a surprise. I thought they loved Coyer over there.

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 10:46 AM
This will give the DonkBoard something to focus on other than getting Darrent Williams elevated to Sainthood and defending the rights of Chump Baily to hang out in Vegas Strip Clubs.

Another example of headcoaching passing blame on down the line, Shanrat should relaize, just like Herm, that He blew it...its not some midlevel dude who screwed the pooch.

The mange is so the mange.

Brock
01-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh hell. I'd hire this guy in a heartbeat.

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Oh hell. I'd hire this guy in a heartbeat.

Two years too late. Changing DCs right now would be a disaster.

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 11:03 AM
our dc aint the problem

StcChief
01-09-2007, 11:11 AM
and you thought Shanny wasn't going to have a scapegoat?

if/when Cuntler didn't rise up to Elgay status and lead them to playoffs and win....

Shanny's move was no lose situation.

HemiEd
01-09-2007, 11:16 AM
So does this mean the Brownificaton of the Broncos is over? :hmmm:

CupidStunt
01-09-2007, 11:29 AM
our dc aint the problem

Certainly part of it.

Brock
01-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Certainly part of it.

No doubt, and I'd like to see the argument that Coyer isn't superior to Cunny.

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 11:31 AM
How would that go?

Gun better

No He aint

Coyer is

No he aint

Is so

Is not

is

not.

Pointless.

crazycoffey
01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
No doubt, and I'd like to see the argument that Coyer isn't superior to Cunny.

I'll make it

Coyer isn't superior to Gunther

dirk digler
01-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Coyer sucks. Shanahan probably watched the Chiefs hold Peyton to under 40 and said if they can do it with less talent why can't we.

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Coyer sucks. Shanahan probably watched the Chiefs hold Peyton to under 40 and said if they can do it with less talent why can't we.

Actually the Chiefs have arguably more talent, particularly on the D-line.

Brock
01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I'll make it

Coyer isn't superior to Gunther

:drool: Brilliant.

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 11:39 AM
MangeBoys are gonna see this and man they are gonna be hot.

Do Not say negatives about Donks. They will be all messed up over this. So stop.

dirk digler
01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Actually the Chiefs have arguably more talent, particularly on the D-line.

Maybe. Our D-line is better but they have better LBer's, this past season I would say their CB's were better but our Safeties are equal.

So it could be a tossup.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
DW not in his grave but a few days, what a heartless bastard [Taco voice]

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 12:05 PM
They can take it up with Chump when he gets out of the Skank bar in LV.

B_Ambuehl
01-09-2007, 12:34 PM
The rumor is he was gonna get fired early in 2005 after Denver went to Miami and got blown out but they managed to turn things around. It's funny how that defense set some type of NFL record for TDs or point s allowed through the first half of the season. I remember thinking it was a BS statistic because that defense never was all that good as they proved later on.......but certainly not bad enough to have the DC fired over.

Frankie
01-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Coyer is good. I wish we could bring him in at some capacity.

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Trying to figure out how many defensive coordinators Shanahan has fired now.

GROB
Rhodes
Coyer

Anyone else?

Sure-Oz
01-09-2007, 12:44 PM
That's kind've suprising, Shanny's time has run out imo.

Rooster
01-09-2007, 02:02 PM
That's kind've suprising, Shanny's time has run out imo.

But but Shanny is a genious. :rolleyes:

Prodigal19
01-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Hardly anybody in Denver likes Coyer. Everyone on the Broncos boards have been calling for him to get fired.

Shanahan doesn't control the defense, Coyer did, and the defense did horribly at the worst possible times. I dont see how Coyer could be considered a scapegoat when he was bad.

Prodigal19
01-09-2007, 02:35 PM
This will give the DonkBoard something to focus on other than getting Darrent Williams elevated to Sainthood and defending the rights of Chump Baily to hang out in Vegas Strip Clubs.

Another example of headcoaching passing blame on down the line, Shanrat should relaize, just like Herm, that He blew it...its not some midlevel dude who screwed the pooch.

The mange is so the mange.
Wow, just because you are "honest" doesn't mean you havw to be dumb.
First of all, why do you care about how broncos fans morn darrent. Nobody is trying to elevate him to sainthood, show me where somebody says that.
Also, I guess if I made a post on the my\space forums about larry johnson beating helpless kittens to death it should be believed eh? After all that it what happened with Champ. Although, I never knew going to a strip club was so bad even if he was seen there by some random guy.
And lastly, how did Shanahan blow it? As I just posted, he doesn't control the defense nearly as much as Coyer, and its the defense that failed in most of the games that they lost.

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I dont see how Coyer could be considered a scapegoat when he was bad.

He wasn't. The guy did a remarkable job with one of the worst front fours in the entire league. Denver was a top 10 scoring defense under Coyer EVERY YEAR he was the defensive coordinator. Chiefs fans would kill for that kind of production.

It's not Coyer's fault that Shanahan ignored the defensive line.

I suspect the Broncos will be even worse on defense next year barring some serious talent upgrades along the D-line.

Prodigal19
01-09-2007, 02:45 PM
He wasn't. The guy did a remarkable job with one of the worst front fours in the entire league. Denver was a top 10 scoring defense under Coyer EVERY YEAR he was the defensive coordinator. Chiefs fans would kill for that kind of production.

I suspect the Broncos will be even worse on defense next year barring some serious talent upgrades along the D-line.
The defensive line for the broncos isnt very good, but they arent as bad as they appear. They are simply a product of Coyer's system. Look at Trevor Pryce for example. He goes from 4 sacks last year to 13 sacks this year with the ravens.
And although the defense did do well statistically, it simply didnt win games. Whenever the broncos were ahead in a game this year the other team would usually come back in win because Coyer would go into a prevent defense and he'd keep it that way.
The broncos defense has a ton of talent that isnt taken advantage of, mainly in the LBs.

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2007, 02:46 PM
It's official.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4978514

Mile High Mania
01-09-2007, 02:55 PM

You're a complete dork.

Chief Faithful
01-09-2007, 02:56 PM
But but Shanny is a genious. :rolleyes:

Good to see genious correctly used.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure what to think about Coyer... there was both good and bad. Maybe the Giants can fire Coughlin soon and he can go to Denver and work with the defense. I dunno.

Where's GROB's number?

stumppy
01-09-2007, 03:18 PM
The best part of that Orange Mange thread are the posters busting Tacos' chops. Looks like even his own people have him pegged as a dipshit. LMAO

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure what to think about Coyer... there was both good and bad. Maybe the Giants can fire Coughlin soon and he can go to Denver and work with the defense. I dunno.

Where's GROB's number?

My guess is you can go to any bathroom stall in any football stadium in the world and find it

It usually reads "for an easy day on offense call:"

SNR
01-09-2007, 04:00 PM
The only way I could see this being a justifiable move is if Coyer were responsible for the Brownification of the Donks. And I was largely under the impression that was a move by the genious tandem of Shanahan/Bowlen.

Ted Theodore Logan
01-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Say what you want but,I saw what Coyer did with Denver's D,especially when everyone was critizing the Broncos for picking up the Browns D-Line. I haven't been a big fan of Gunther's DC work and I wouldn't mind seeing what Coyer could do with our D!

booger
01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
They hold so much, KC's OLine. It's just outlandish.

crazycoffey
01-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Say what you want but,I saw what Coyer did with Denver's D,especially when everyone was critizing the Broncos for picking up the Browns D-Line. I haven't been a big fan of Gunther's DC work but I wouldn't mind seeing what Coyer could do with our D!

Let me guess, you MUST have been happy with us signing Greg Robinson

Ted Theodore Logan
01-09-2007, 08:47 PM
This has nothing to do with GROB at all. GROB and Coyer are two different people.

Count Alex's Losses
01-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Broncos have now fired their defensive line coach, too.

HonestChieffan
01-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Donk Meltdown.

Count Alex's Losses
01-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Haha. Those guys at the Mane still think Courtney Brown is their savior. Or at least some of them.

All reports I've heard say that Courtney is doing better than expected.

I'd like to see Courtney back if he is fit

dirk digler
01-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Gochiefs have they said who is in line to replace Coyer? I hope it isn't anyone good.

Count Alex's Losses
01-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Gochiefs have they said who is in line to replace Coyer? I hope it isn't anyone good.

Who knows? Whoever it is he will simply be the next fall guy for Shanahan.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Haha. Those guys at the Mane still think Courtney Brown is their savior. Or at least some of them.

Fans of every team do that.......I could pull up posts around here of people thinking some bum is gonna be good.

Samie Parker anyone?

Count Alex's Losses
01-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Fans of every team do that.......I could pull up posts around here of people thinking some bum is gonna be good.

Samie Parker anyone?

Samie Parker is different...he still has potential. Courtney Brown is a washed up, injury-prone, never-will-be, never-was. It's like someone hoping for Eric Hicks to be awesome.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Samie Parker is different...he still has potential. Courtney Brown is a washed up, injury-prone, never-will-be, never-was. It's like someone hoping for Eric Hicks to be awesome.

Brown is just injury prone........Parker is suck prone.........

Count Alex's Losses
01-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Brown is just injury prone........Parker is suck prone.........

Brown sucks even when he's healthy. Injuries have robbed him of his athletic ability.

At least Parker has made a few plays. He's only been starting for two years.

HonestChieffan
01-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Watch for the Donk masses to start to pile on Rod Smith....slow old and not gonna cut it for Shanrat.

CosmicPal
01-10-2007, 12:26 PM

According to sources: former Miami interim coach Jim Bates, former Atlanta coach Jim Mora, and Denver secondary coach Bob Slowik.

dirk digler
01-10-2007, 12:26 PM
According to sources: former Miami interim coach Jim Bates, former Atlanta coach Jim Mora, and Denver secondary coach Bob Slowik.

I hope it isn't Bates or Mora.

HonestChieffan
01-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Mora aint gonna workl under the rat, come on thats DonkFan wishing

Mecca
01-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Oh great Jim Bates.......he'd own us.

dirk digler
01-10-2007, 12:29 PM
I went on the Mange and it looks like Slowik maybe the guy. That is good news for sure.

Count Alex's Losses
01-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Oh great Jim Bates.......he'd own us.

Shut it.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Shut it.

Jim Bates pretty much whipes his ass with our coordinators if you want a comparison.

Prodigal19
01-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Who knows? Whoever it is he will simply be the next fall guy for Shanahan.
you just look for trouble huh?

Rausch
01-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Where's GROB's number?

If I had it I'd call him for you. That would be sweet... :)