PDA

View Full Version : id rather suffer acouple 0-16 seasons

MOhillbilly
01-09-2007, 11:19 AM
than put of w/ more of the same.

weve got to get bad before we can get really good again.

plain and simple.

would you rather have a pathand shoved up your ass every year or go to complete shit get some high draft picks and make a real run?

FAX
01-09-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't know about all that, Mr. MOhillbilly. But, I'm pretty sure I don't want a pathand shoved up my ass.

FAX

StcChief
01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Carl can't draft in first round even with #1 he'd FU.

ck_IN
01-09-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure what a pathand is but my ass is strictly an exit ramp.

MOhillbilly
01-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure what a pathand is but my ass is strictly an exit ramp.

youre a kansas city chiefs fan right?

if so its a two way tunnel.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2007, 11:26 AM
0-16, no you wouldn't, trust me.

MOhillbilly
01-09-2007, 11:28 AM
0-16, no you wouldn't, trust me.

if it meant getting some top 5 draft picks in rounds 1-7, some franchise players,new coaching staff and new front office i sure as hell would.

jspchief
01-09-2007, 11:29 AM
No way.

I'm capable of seperating individual Sundays from the big picture, and in that regard I get to enjoy them more often than not.

Having a truly terrible season nets the same big picture groin kick, with a bunch of Sunday groin kicks as well.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2007, 11:29 AM
if it meant getting some top 5 draft picks in rounds 1-7, some franchise players,new coaching staff and new front office i sure as hell would.
I would just love to see the boards posts and shit though if that really happend lol. It'd be as dead as those Royals boards.

|Zach|
01-09-2007, 11:30 AM
If I thought getting some of those players guaranteed us making a run, maybe...as it is, I don't see it that way.

The Raiders are still pretty shitty. I would rather keep trying to go out and do the best we can.

jspchief
01-09-2007, 11:30 AM
if it meant getting some top 5 draft picks in rounds 1-7, some franchise players,new coaching staff and new front office i sure as hell would.Yea, it's worked wonders for the Arizona Cardinals fanbase.

MOhillbilly
01-09-2007, 11:32 AM
If I thought getting some of those players guaranteed us making a run, maybe...as it is, I don't see it that way.

The Raiders are still pretty shitty. I would rather keep trying to go out and do the best we can.

look at the teams that were cellar dwellers from 2000 on and they either have teams in the playoffs already been to the bowl or are up and comers.

MOhillbilly
01-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Yea, it's worked wonders for the Arizona Cardinals fanbase.

Arizona has more upside than we do.

acouple years ago the same could have been said for tampa.

Brock
01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Those kind of troughs have a tendency to last beyond a couple of bad seasons. No thanks.

bkkcoh
01-09-2007, 11:36 AM
I would just love to see the boards posts and shit though if that really happend lol. It'd be as dead as those Royals boards.

The Royals have a BBS that is active????

Wile_E_Coyote
01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Wanting to get good draft picks I can understand. But to be so bad you can lose to Oakland twice a year for two straight years? Even Belichick couldn't bring the Chiefs back from that

FAX
01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
look at the teams that were cellar dwellers from 2000 on and they either have teams in the playoffs already been to the bowl or are up and comers.

Yes, but look at the Titans, Mr. MOhillbilly. They recovered from an abysmal salary cap problem to get back into form in just a couple of years. And, they didn't have to go 0 and 16 to rebuild.

But, of course, Jeff Fisher is their coach and stuff.

FAX

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 11:39 AM
No thanks. It's bad enough when KC's wasting #6 overall draft picks...I couldnt stand seeing Carl waste or piss away a #1 overall. He'd probably draft the next Steve Emtmann...wait...

FringeNC
01-09-2007, 11:42 AM
than put of w/ more of the same.

weve got to get bad before we can get really good again.

plain and simple.

would you rather have a pathand shoved up your ass every year or go to complete shit get some high draft picks and make a real run?

It doesn't take 0-16 seasons. It takes a good front office. Philly never has down years, and even Pittsburgh's down years aren't that bad. And what about NE?

Problem is Carl is not in the top 15 in the league at his job. When you GM isn't in the top 15, how are you going to win? And then who is going to take over for Carl?

When the NFL instituted the salary cap, they figured all teams would have their shot. What's happened is that well-run teams have figured out the system, and are perennial SB contenders. Clark Hunt needs to call up Philly or NE and ask to interview the best understudies there.

MOhillbilly
01-09-2007, 11:44 AM
No thanks. It's bad enough when KC's wasting #6 overall draft picks...I couldnt stand seeing Carl waste or piss away a #1 overall. He'd probably draft the next Steve Emtmann...wait...

the point being-you want carl gone? the coaching staff? fans really screaming for heads?

acouple bad years is the only way us fans will see real change.

why the hell after this long would we continue to just shuffle along and say to ourselves 'maybe nextyear'?

SLQ
01-09-2007, 11:47 AM
The bad thing that you are overlooking is that a complete rebuild does nothing to guarantee that you can get beyond the first game of the playoffs. No matter how much money you spend on a team or how much you spend on your staff there is always the porbability that another team has built a better team and you lose again.

Rebuilding only means that you have different people in the same place. Ther are absolutely no guarantee's beyond new people.

MOhillbilly
01-09-2007, 11:49 AM
The bad thing that you are overlooking is that a complete rebuild does nothing to guarantee that you can get beyond the first game of the playoffs. No matter how much money you spend on a team or how much you spend on your staff there is always the porbability that another team has built a better team and you lose again.

Rebuilding only means that you have different people in the same place. Ther are absolutely no guarantee's beyond new people.

a stud franchise QB and playmakers would be a start and at this point id take my chances.

why not?

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
the point being-you want carl gone? the coaching staff? fans really screaming for heads?

acouple bad years is the only way us fans will see real change.

why the hell after this long would we continue to just shuffle along and say to ourselves 'maybe nextyear'?

Depends on just how much change we're talking about...this team has gone through a number of changes over the years. Have they blown up and restarted from scratch? No. I dont know that it's necessary or wise.

The 80's were pretty bad...no, a lot bad...and there werent wholesale changes even then.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
The Cards & Lions don't get consideration from good available HCs. You will have to take your chances with someone just happy to get a shot or second chance

ChiefsOne
01-09-2007, 11:53 AM
The Bengals and Cardinals have been shitty for years and top 5 picks how many times. Neither of them have gotten any closer than we have.

In these days you don't have to have bad years to rebuild, just load up with good talent and have the staff to coach'em up.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
The Bengals and Cardinals have been shitty for years and top 5 picks how many times. Neither of them have gotten any closer than we have.

In these days you don't have to have bad years to rebuild, just load up with good talent and have the staff to coach'em up.
Agreed....

The Pats have excellent coaching, the stars on offense are what Tom Brady and then the rest are decent to solid players. Defensively the same, patchwork secondary the last 2 years and they play together and to win!

Something the chiefs as a unit need to learn.

MOhillbilly
Depends on just how much change we're talking about...this team has gone through a number of changes over the years. Have they blown up and restarted from scratch? No. I dont know that it's necessary or wise.

The 80's were pretty bad...no, a lot bad...and there werent wholesale changes even then.

we got a new headcoach/staff and GM and made a good showing through the 90s.
a solid decade w/ franchise players in a brute of a division.

id much rather lay odds on my chances w/ acouple of horrid years than more of what weve put up with the past six years.

id rather have my heart torn out knowing we had a chance than to not even have to vent because you expect to get beat.

el borracho
Where is it written that a couple of terrible seasons will lead to us "getting good again"? Show me the guarantee of future success and then I might entertain the idea. Until then, I'll take our winning more often than not seasons.

dj56dt58
01-09-2007, 11:56 AM
No way.

I'm capable of seperating individual Sundays from the big picture, and in that regard I get to enjoy them more often than not.

Having a truly terrible season nets the same big picture groin kick, with a bunch of Sunday groin kicks as well.
I look forward to Sunday too much during football season...with an 0-16 season what would there be to look forward to? I mean, I would still look forward to the game but it wouldn't have that same feeling to it.

bkkcoh
01-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Wanting to get good draft picks I can understand. But to be so bad you can lose to Oakland twice a year for two straight years? Even Belichick couldn't bring the Chiefs back from that

how about 4 - 10 with the wins bieng against Denver and Oakland?? Would that be ok?

NOT

MOhillbilly
01-09-2007, 11:57 AM

going into next year or the next couple years you wouldnt want to change personel w/ either team?

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 11:57 AM
we got a new headcoach/staff and GM and made a good showing through the 90s.
a solid decade w/ franchise players in a brute of a division.

id much rather lay odds on my chances w/ acouple of horrid years than more of what weve put up with the past six years.

id rather have my heart torn out knowing we had a chance than to not even have to vent because you expect to get beat.

I dont consider what KC did in the 90's any more solid than what KC's done in the 00's...more home playoff losses is pretty much the only difference.

It's arguable that with the advent of FA in 1993...the team saw MORE change after that year than in years before.

Mecca
01-09-2007, 12:05 PM
The Bengals and Cardinals are both in a better position for the future than we are......for what was said about no good coaches considering the Cards.....Ron Rivera is likely going to take that job...they're in a better spot than us.

I think some people forget the Pats took one of their cornerstones, Richard Seymour with a top 10 pick. Not all of their players were great finds.

Being mediocre every year hurts us because we don't win and we also have no chance to get any of the franchise players in drafts.

ChiefsOne
going into next year or the next couple years you wouldnt want to change personel w/ either team?

Yeah for the most part, but I would rather model the Pats than either of those. I think it all starts at the top. Gotta get that winning attitude and finish it.

noa
Given that the Faiders won some games this year, I think we might never see an 0-16 team in our lifetimes. You'd have to try real hard to go an entire season without winning a single game because of the parity in the NFL.

trndobrd
01-09-2007, 12:07 PM
0-16 would a couple years of #1 draft picks which could result in

a) A new superstar
b) A bust
c) A couple injured "could have been" superstars

Personally, I feel better about our draft chances now than I have in some time. Herm has some issues, but I do think he will do a better job of evaluating talent and will not be in the business of selecting 'projects', certainly not on the first day.

trndobrd
01-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Given that the Faiders won some games this year, I think we might never see an 0-16 team in our lifetimes. You'd have to try real hard to go an entire season without winning a single game because of the parity in the NFL.

Keep F***ing doubting the Lions!

Mecca
01-09-2007, 12:13 PM
0-16 would a couple years of #1 draft picks which could result in

a) A new superstar
b) A bust
c) A couple injured could have been superstars

Personally, I feel better about our draft chances now than I have in some time. Herm has some issues, but I do think he will do a better job of evaluating talent and will not be in the business of selecting 'projects', certainly not on the first day.

I'm sure Carl doesn't want a top 5 pick.......you blow a top 5 pick you look like a total dumbass because even average fan has a pretty good idea who you should pick.

Brock
01-09-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm sure Carl doesn't want a top 5 pick.......you blow a top 5 pick you look like a total dumbass because even average fan has a pretty good idea who you should pick.

The Bengals have held a top 10 pick 6 out of the past 10 years. The Cards 10 out of 10. It's pretty dumb to say that either one of these teams has anything to be proud of as far as drafting prowess, or having done anything the right way by having lousy years. I wouldn't trade places with either one.

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 12:21 PM

LMAO...

Mecca
01-09-2007, 12:21 PM
The Bengals have held a top 10 pick 6 out of the past 10 years. The Cards 10 out of 10. It's pretty dumb to say that either one of these teams has anything to be proud of as far as drafting prowess, or having done anything the right way by having lousy years. I wouldn't trade places with either one.

Nope they don't but they have also all fired GM's and hired new ones in that time frame..you blow a couple high picks and you end up like Matt Millen where everyone one earth think's your a total idiot.

The Cards last few drafts have been very solid however.....Bengals aswell things do eventually turn if you get the right people in place.

dirk digler
01-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Drafting in the Top 10 is no guarantee that youwill draft a franchise player but I understand what you're saying MOhillbilly

Wile_E_Coyote
01-09-2007, 12:24 PM
And the good coaches don't want to come in until there is some decent players to work with

dirk digler
01-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Nope they don't but they have also all fired GM's and hired new ones in that time frame..you blow a couple high picks and you end up like Matt Millen where everyone one earth think's your a total idiot.

The Cards last few drafts have been very solid however.....Bengals aswell things do eventually turn if you get the right people in place.

Drafting is a crap shoot. Let me ask you this. Did you think Robert Gallery should be a top 5 pick?

Everyone and their mother thought Robert Gallery was going to be all world but he is a bust.

Of course he did get drafted by the Raiders. :)

Ugly Duck
01-09-2007, 12:25 PM
id rather suffer acouple 0-16 seasons than put of w/ more of the same.

Quit whining! Howdja like to suffer a string of miserable losing seasons and still put up with more of the same? You edged the Donks out of the playoffs - at least be proud of that .

Mecca
01-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Drafting is a crap shoot. Let me ask you this. Did you think Robert Gallery should be a top 5 pick?

Everyone and their mother thought Robert Gallery was going to be all world but he is a bust.

Of course he did get drafted by the Raiders. :)

Well from me.....I wouldn't take a OT with a top 5 pick unless it was the biggest need on my team and I thought that guy was pro bowl good at the exact moment of the draft.

I'm not big on taking Olineman with Top 5 picks......

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Well from me.....I wouldn't take a OT with a top 5 pick unless it was the biggest need on my team and I thought that guy was pro bowl good at the exact moment of the draft.

I'm not big on taking Olineman with Top 5 picks......

Uh...this team NEEDS both OT...if they were drafting top 5, it might be a good idea to think of OT as a big need. I mean wouldnt KC be an perfect example of losing a HOF LT impacting their top ranked offense?

Mecca
01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Uh...this team NEEDS both OT...if they were drafting top 5, it might be a good idea to think of OT as a big need. I mean wouldnt KC be an perfect example of losing a HOF LT impacting their top ranked offense?

With the Chiefs I'd think about it.......if I had the #1 with this team I'd be looking at Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas and deciding between the 2.