PDA

View Full Version : Dedication to both offense and defense

Logical
01-09-2007, 02:06 PM
I am tired of the constant flip flopping. I would love to see us bring in a staff and build on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Your thoughts?

FAX
01-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Too easy.

FAX

Hydrae
01-09-2007, 02:10 PM
You can do that? Damnit Carl! :cuss::banghead::cuss:

bkkcoh
01-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Too easy.

FAX

Yeah, so many teams have been able to do that........

KCJohnny
01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Another radical idea. I'm so sick of football panaceas. Next thing y'know, Jim will want a playoff win. What is a staft, BTW? Isn't that what we have now? Isn't that the past tense of "stuffed"?

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
You can do that? Damnit Carl! :cuss::banghead::cuss:

No way...both offense and defense? At the SAME time? Nuh-uh.

FAX
01-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah, so many teams have been able to do that........

The problem is that, once you do that, Mr. bkkcoh, you start winning in the playoffs and everyone's expectations go up dramatically. Common eyed folks begin to think that you should be in the playoffs all the time. That's hard to live up to and not very realistic.

Besides, with both a good defense and offense, the entire PR machine we've built over the years will come to a crashing halt and a lot of spin experts in the FO will lose their jobs.

We're far better off staying on the teeter-totter of gridiron uncertainty trading sides with the fat girl every couple of years.

FAX

Woodrow Call
01-09-2007, 02:17 PM
That's crazy talk

noa
01-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I think we should draft a WR in the first round and then just go with OLine and DTs and CBs the rest of the way. That should address our immediate needs on both sides of the ball (except for QB). I'm not sure what we are going to do on the free agent market this year because a lot depends on our cap space and who we choose to re-sign.

KCJohnny
01-09-2007, 02:26 PM
I am tired of the constant flip flopping. I would love to see us bring in a staff and build on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Your thoughts?

I say load up on first round picks and high $ FAs for special teams. Then all we have to do is cover and return kicks and it won't matter how bad/good our O/D perform.

PBJ