PDA

View Full Version : Would you dump Herm right now?

Pages : [1] 2

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Seems like alot of people have kicked Herm off the bandwagon and want to bury him. What say you?

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 04:00 PM
nah he deserves a second date

KCChiefsFan88
YES

They never should have hired the loser

HemiEd
In a heartbeat, I would not even say I am sorry.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 04:02 PM
In a heartbeat, I would not even say I am sorry.

Who would you want to replace him?

crazycoffey
01-09-2007, 04:04 PM
How come no one posted this before?

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM

gunther or solari for sure

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM

Bill Cowher, Jeff Fischer, or some other coach that isn't available....:rolleyes:

J Diddy
01-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Bill Cowher, Jeff Fischer, or some other coach that isn't available....:rolleyes:

I wonder if we can get bill walsh out of retirement

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 04:06 PM

EDIT: Sorry, forgot the obvious: Al Saunders.

LiL stumppy
01-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Some of you people don't relize this isn't the same team DV had one year ago. When you loose 3 of your best O "players"( t-rich,willie and al saunder) things are goign to change. There is only one person you can blame for the play calling,and thats Mike Salaroi(sp?). But what has Herm done? He has almost turned our whole defence around. Which no one under DV has been able to do. He deserves more than just one more chance,let him go untill his contract is done.

Woodrow Call
No, I'm one of last on Herm's bandwagon.

I like what he has done with the D, I like his drafts, and I believe the offenses decline was caused more by age, injuries, and lack of skill.

Once youth is served and he gets his players in place, I expect good things.

Phobia
The trouble is EVERY NFL coach is trained in CYA 101. You'll rarely get a straight answer out of anybody not named Jim Mora. The next guy is gonna piss you off every bit as much as Herm or DV pissed you off. Hopefully Herm will piss us off less next year.

HemiEd

I would get on my knees if necessary and talk Dick Vermeil out of retirement again, if not Al Saunders.

That ****ing pathetic display on Saturday pissed me off, gawd.

Chief Henry
01-09-2007, 04:09 PM
YES

They never should have hired the loser

My thoughts exactly.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2007, 04:11 PM
I vote to keep Herm.

Hoover
01-09-2007, 04:11 PM
No way.

You guys act like making the playoffs is easy. Its not. I am disappointed with the 2006 Chiefs like the rest of you, but I'm not willing to kick herm to the curb.

We need to face the fact that the Chiefs offense of 2001-2005 left town with DV and Col. Saunders. I don't think its fair to expect Herm run that offense. Wew all liked to bitch when Gun wasn't able to hire his own assistants a few years back, it is basically the same thing.

We need to continue to develope our defense, and get younger on offense. I think we must focus on rebuilding the offense liine this offseason, we need a LT and center. If Herm wants to pound it on the ground it doesn't make much sense to draft a WR high in the draft, we should try to upgrade that position through free agency.

I think a better offensive line will allow the chiefs to put up better offensive numbers and increase LJ's YPC. I think Herm and the OC need to do a better job calling plays, and maybe the Chiefs should look to bring in a OC like Mularkey form Miami, and returm Solori to the oline.

crazycoffey
01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
He stays, more than a year

el borracho
01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
One more year to see what he does. If he can get some talented youth on the field playing offense and make the playoffs again I would say it was a success.

scott free
01-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Herm

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Yes, I'd fire he and Carl Peterson. I'd interview Phil Savage and Floyd Reece and consider throwing a ton of money at either Bill Parcells (who was fishing around the Giants) and Jimmy Johnson as general manager.

My number one candidate for new head coach would be Cam Cameron, with Jim Mora, jr. as D-Coordinator (very solid in SF before HC in Atlanta). I'd also interview Pete Carroll, Norm Chow, Steve Mariucci and just for fun, Chris Peterson (Boise) and Karl Dorrell (UCLA).

DeezNutz
01-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I would get on my knees if necessary and talk Dick Vermeil out of retirement again, if not Al Saunders.

Euphemism? :hmmm:

HemiEd
01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Here is another reason, the Chiefs have been through this shit before.

You can not fire all the players, pretty much stuck with most of them.

I for one, feel Herm is the reason Willie retired. I think it pissed him off that Herm said the offense was not doing enough to help the defense.

Now Trent Green is being thrown under the bus for that ****ing mess on Saturday?

Dick Vermeil was a leader, Herm is not.

FringeNC
01-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Playoff success is impossible with such an unsophisticated offense. I'd rather throw the dice, perhaps have a bad record, trying to develop an offense that could succeed in the playoffs rather than playing it safe, and having a guaranteed first-round loss in the playoffs. There simply is no upside with Herm.

HemiEd
01-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Euphemism? :hmmm:

No, just pleading!

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Here is another reason, the Chiefs have been through this shit before.

You can not fire all the players, pretty much stuck with most of them.

I for one, feel Herm is the reason Willie retired. I think it pissed him off that Herm said the offense was not doing enough to help the defense.

Now Trent Green is being thrown under the bus for that ****ing mess on Saturday?

Dick Vermeil was a leader, Herm is not.

Fully disagree. So 13 years in the NFL wasn't enough for Roaf? Ever seen him walk? At 36, he walks like he's 87.

Trent Green DESERVES to be thrown under a bus. The city, the organization and nearly every fool on Chiefsplanet gave him the opportunity to redeem his play after performing so horribly throughout the season. All the Green-backers just expected TrInt to snap out of it, just because it was a playoff game, which is damn ridiculous.

Dick Vermeil was the leader of the offense, not the defense and certainly not the whole team. One playoff appearance in five years isn't enough to convince me that Vermeil was as washed up as Trent Green.

There's too much complacency in the Chiefs fan base.

Silock
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM

Are you saying that it wasn't true? It was certainly true on Saturday, but in the other extreme.

Where did Herm say anything about Saturday's performance being TrINT's fault?

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Playoff success is impossible with such an unsophisticated offense.

Herm's "unsophisticated" offense in New York had more playoff success than Dick's.

FringeNC
01-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Yes, I'd fire he and Carl Peterson. I'd interview Phil Savage and Floyd Reece and consider throwing a ton of money at either Bill Parcells (who was fishing around the Giants) and Jimmy Johnson as general manager.

My number one candidate for new head coach would be Cam Cameron, with Jim Mora, jr. as D-Coordinator (very solid in SF before HC in Atlanta). I'd also interview Pete Carroll, Norm Chow, Steve Mariucci and just for fun, Chris Peterson (Boise) and Karl Dorrell (UCLA).

Cam Cameron would be a good choice. Also, I'd like to interview Chris Peterson and Urban Meyer. Those guys have balls, something very few coaches have.

DeezNutz
01-09-2007, 04:24 PM
No, just pleading!

Sorry, had to take the freebie.
:)

Silock
01-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Didn't Reece just get a contract extension?

DaneMcCloud
You guys act like making the playoffs is easy. Its not. I am disappointed with the 2006 Chiefs like the rest of you, but I'm not willing to kick herm to the curb.

It sure seems to be easy for the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers and Seattle Seahawks. Why can't it be "easy" for the Chiefs?

FringeNC
Herm's "unsophisticated" offense in New York had more playoff success than Dick's.

Cough. 1999. Cough.

Silock
01-09-2007, 04:26 PM
It sure seems to be easy for the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers and Seattle Seahawks. Why can't it be "easy" for the Chiefs?

The reason it's easy for them is something that is completely out of Herm's control: Past drafting success and making good moves in FA.

How can Herm possibly control those things/

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Cough. 1999. Cough.

I don't give a shit what DV did with the Rams. He lucked into Kurt Warner and Faulk was forced on him.

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Cam Cameron would be a good choice. Also, I'd like to interview Chris Peterson and Urban Meyer. Those guys have balls, something very few coaches have.

I'd interview ANYONE that could bring some life to this lifeless franchise. The city, the fans and the members of this community are sick of plugging holes, 7-9, 9-7 seasons, no playoff wins and futility in general. I think EVERYONE would be on board with a total overhaul, top to bottom and with the right people involved, we could get behind a three year rebuild (4-12, 7-9, 10-6) with YOUTH and a youthful coach.

This nonsense of the Carl Peterson regime is old and tired.

HemiEd
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Fully disagree. So 13 years in the NFL wasn't enough for Roaf? Ever seen him walk? At 36, he walks like he's 87.

Trent Green DESERVES to be thrown under a bus. The city, the organization and nearly every fool on Chiefsplanet gave him the opportunity to redeem his play after performing so horribly throughout the season. All the Green-backers just expected TrInt to snap out of it, just because it was a playoff game, which is damn ridiculous.

Dick Vermeil was the leader of the offense, not the defense and certainly not the whole team. One playoff appearance in five years isn't enough to convince me that Vermeil was as washed up as Trent Green.

There's too much complacency in the Chiefs fan base.

Willie walked like that from the beginning, did you ever read any of the articles about it?
Trent is not without fault, but he did not come up with that bullshit non-game plan on Saturday. He did not drop the balls.
Dick drafted mostly defense, but he did build a great offense. Now we have neither, we have reached the height of mediocrity. 16th and 16th.
Herm made the playoffs at 9-7 because we were fortunate. Dick missed it last year because 10-6 did not make it.

Baby Lee
01-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Did you hire the Family Guy Manatees to assemble thought bubbles like that one for you?

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM

And what one thing do all those teams have in common?

Belichick - 7 years
Reid - 8 years
Dungy - 5 years
Cowher - 15 years
Holmgren - 8 years

Herm needs to be here for a long, long time. We need CONSISTENCY. Herm didn't come here for a quick fix.

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I think a better offensive line will allow the chiefs to put up better offensive numbers and increase LJ's YPC.
This is where this plan falls apart. LJ is done, Herm burned that dinner this year.

Silock
01-09-2007, 04:32 PM

Belichick - 7 years
Reid - 8 years
Dungy - 5 years
Cowher - 15 years
Holmgren - 8 years

Herm needs to be here for a long, long time. We need CONSISTENCY. Herm didn't come here for a quick fix.

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2007, 04:34 PM
The reason it's easy for them is something that is completely out of Herm's control: Past drafting success and making good moves in FA.

How can Herm possibly control those things/

As much as Herm's first draft with the Chiefs seems to be a success, it's only been successful on a defensive front. How many successful offensive players did he help bring to New York? I can name one: Santana Moss, who isn't exactly burning up the league in Washington. If you want to throw another name out there, Jericho Cotchery had a decent year in 2006 but he was drafted in 2004 and didn't do anything under Herm.

It looks like we're going to be lopsided, yet again. Great defense (on the rise), no offense.

Count Zarth
This is where this plan falls apart. LJ is done, Herm burned that dinner this year.

:rolleyes:

Chiefs Pantalones
I'd rather have Marty than Herm.

HemiEd
Did you hire the Family Guy Manatees to assemble thought bubbles like that one for you?

Just experienced at watching this team, that is all. Did you find it at all odd that Willie talked Shields into coming back and was full of excitement for the upcoming season, then retired after the famous Herm calling out of the offense?
Draw your own conclusions, I have mine.

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2007, 04:35 PM

Belichick - 7 years
Reid - 8 years
Dungy - 5 years
Cowher - 15 years
Holmgren - 8 years

Oh, great. That's what the Chiefs need! Herm Edwards for 8 years! Woo-hoo! Maybe we'll be .500 with a playoff win during that time! Yeah! :shake:

trndobrd
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm still up in the air on Herm. He lost a large chunk of the offense with the departure of Roaf and injury to Green, but still split with SD and Denver, almost winning in OT at Mile High. He won against Jacksonville in a must win game for both teams.

He seems to avoid reaching in the draft, and isn't afraid to play young players. He made it into the playoffs, which isn't an every day thing for the Red and Gold (and is an important experience for Pollard, Hali, Page, Allen, and players that will be around).

On the other hand, he layed an egg against Pittsburg (which I fully put on Herm's shoulders), threw away the Cleveland game and was responsible for the Indy embarassment.

I say give him one more year to see if he can make it past page 6 in the playbook, bring in some more players suited to his plans, and make it back to the playoffs.

Simplex3

Belichick - 7 years
Reid - 8 years
Dungy - 5 years
Cowher - 15 years
Holmgren - 8 years

Thank God I'm a Titans fan now.

FringeNC
I'd rather have Marty than Herm.

Marty version 2.0 is not bad, but then again, Herm could be successful if he had Cam Cameron as OC, Wade Phillips as DC, and AJ Smith as GM, and AJ laid down the law about interfering in the offense.

Silock
01-09-2007, 04:37 PM
As much as Herm's first draft with the Chiefs seems to be a success, it's only been successful on a defensive front. How many successful offensive players did he help bring to New York? I can name one: Santana Moss, who isn't exactly burning up the league in Washington. If you want to throw another name out there, Jericho Cotchery had a decent year in 2006 but he was drafted in 2004 and didn't do anything under Herm.

It looks like we're going to be lopsided, yet again. Great defense (on the rise), no offense.

Maybe, maybe not. It's too early to tell. I'm willing to give Herm the benefit of the doubt right now, simply because you can't just can a guy after 1 year, especially when he takes your team to the playoffs. He still has to prove himself, but that takes time.

Baby Lee
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Just experienced at watching this team, that is all. Did you find it at all odd that Willie talked Shields into coming back and was full of excitement for the upcoming season, then retired after the famous Herm calling out of the offense?
Draw your own conclusions, I have mine.
My conclusion, and I've espoused it countless times, is that Ms. Roaf saw him packing for TC and pulled up Joe Horn on speed dial. Or some other variation of the 'Football or Panooch' dilemna.

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Maybe, maybe not. It's too early to tell. I'm willing to give Herm the benefit of the doubt right now, simply because you can't just can a guy after 1 year, especially when he takes your team to the playoffs. He still has to prove himself, but that takes time.

The Los Angeles Rams fired Ray Malavasi just two years removed from the Super Bowl. It can be done. But not if you've got a "life-debt", as most of the coaches that Peterson have hired have with him.

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I thought it was a bad hire from day one and spoke against it. I would be happy if Herm was fired; that is until Carl hired Butch Davis as Herm's replacement.

BIG_DADDY
01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Thank God I'm a Titans fan now.

No you're not.

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2007, 04:47 PM
I thought it was a bad hire from day one and spoke against it. I would be happy if Herm was fired; that is until Carl hired Butch Davis as Herm's replacement.

Well you're in luck there - Butch Davis will be at UNC for the next five years. Plus, I don't think anyone would hire that guy again. He's a worse talent evaluator than Peterson, and that's saying something.

FringeNC
01-09-2007, 04:47 PM

I initially laughed at the Butch Davis talk last year. But replacing Herm with Butch Davis right now would seem to good to be true.

FAX
01-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Sadly, we can't get Jeff Fisher now. He's just won a titanic battle of wills and gotten their GM fired.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Not just yes, hell yes.

Simplex3
No you're not.
Damnit, don't f**k this up for me.

Baby Lee
Sadly, we can't get Jeff Fisher now. He's just won a titanic battle of wills and gotten their GM fired.

FAX
Oh well, my heart will go on.

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Well you're in luck there - Butch Davis will be at UNC for the next five years. Plus, I don't think anyone would hire that guy again. He's a worse talent evaluator than Peterson, and that's saying something.

When Carl hired Herm wasn't Butch Davis one of Carl's interviews for the job? I'm pretty sure he was on the list.

HemiEd
01-09-2007, 04:55 PM
My conclusion, and I've espoused it countless times, is that Ms. Roaf saw him packing for TC and pulled up Joe Horn on speed dial. Or some other variation of the 'Football or Panooch' dilemna.

I have read your posts about that thought, but did not take them seriously coming from a man of your obvious intellect.

I care, you raging dumbass. Make your own point or stick your head back up your ass and wish upon your colon that your mom regains her ability to lactate. Call me out again and I'll elevate your username permanently into the firmament of all time idiots.

BIG_DADDY
01-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Damnit, don't f**k this up for me. LMAO

Baby Lee
01-09-2007, 04:57 PM
the firmament of all time idiots.
Doesn't that come free with Warpaint Illustrated Premium access?

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Where's the "Let him finish his contract" option?

There's not much to be accomplished by swapping out staff at this point.

HemiEd
01-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Doesn't that come free with Warpaint Illustrated Premium access?

LMAO

FringeNC
01-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Where's the "Let him finish his contract" option?

There's not much to be accomplished by swapping out staff at this point.

Why? There are good coaches out there. Look at the turnaround in New Orleans. If you believe, as I do, that Herm is not a good coach, should I wan't to get rid of him as soon as possible?

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Why? There are good coaches out there. Look at the turnaround in New Orleans. If you believe, as I do, that Herm is not a good coach, should I wan't to get rid of him as soon as possible?

Yeah, the turnaround in New Orleans was all Sean Payton.

It had nothing to do with having a kickass draft and having spectacular FA signings......

Logical
01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Seems like alot of people have kicked Herm off the bandwagon and want to bury him. What say you?Some never wanted him in the first place.

Silock
01-09-2007, 05:22 PM

It had nothing to do with having a kickass draft and having spectacular FA signings......

No kidding. I'm sure if Herm were able to bring in a top 5 draft pick and Heisman winner to complement his Pro-Bowl QB and RB, along with 35 other new players, you might have seen something different.

It also helps that they're playing in the Non Football Conference.

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 05:22 PM

Or the fact that having New Orleans (the city AND the franchise) rise from the muck of Katrina is a marketing bonanza.

Skip Towne
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I didn't have an opinion on him as I idn't know much about him. I don't like much of what I've seen of him. But we won't boot him no matter how crappy his decisions.

HemiEd
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't give a shit what DV did with the Rams. He lucked into Kurt Warner and Faulk was forced on him.

Herm did not "luck into" the players he inherited in NY that got him in the playoffs?

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 05:28 PM
No kidding. I'm sure if Herm were able to bring in a top 5 draft pick and Heisman winner to complement his Pro-Bowl QB and RB, along with 35 other new players, you might have seen something different.

It also helps that they're playing in the Non Football Conference.

New STARTERS brought in this year for Saints:

Free Agency

Jahari Evans
Mike Karney
Hollis Thomas
Scott Fujita
Drew Brees

Trade

Mark Simoneau
Scott Shanle
Jeff Faine

2006 Draft

Reggie Bush
Marques Colston

2005 Draft

Jammal Brown
Josh Bullocks

Nzoner
01-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Some never wanted him in the first place.

Yep,I had already decided to give up my season tickets in Dec. of '06 and the hiring of Herm made it so much easier to follow through.

Nzoner
01-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Or the fact that having New Orleans (the city AND the franchise) rise from the muck of Katrina is a marketing bonanza.

Kind of like a team called The Patriots being introduced as a team(United We Stand Divided We Fall)before the Superbowl and then winning it all which followed the worst act of terrorism ever in this country.

Coach
01-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Time to let him go. He hasn't proven anything while he was in New York. Unfortunately, I think Herm will be given at least 4 years. Just like in NY, he will be out of assisstants to blame and management will finally start to wise up to his ability -- or lack of -- as a coach and look to make a change.

Halfcan
01-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Fire him.

Silock
01-09-2007, 05:42 PM

Free Agency

Jahari Evans
Mike Karney
Hollis Thomas
Scott Fujita
Drew Brees

Trade

Mark Simoneau
Scott Shanle
Jeff Faine

2006 Draft

Reggie Bush
Marques Colston

2005 Draft

Jammal Brown
Josh Bullocks

That's quite a list. The Chiefs just haven't been in a position to make that kind of roster turnover.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Besides, the Saints were 10-6....one whole game better than the Chiefs...in the NFC!!!

Coach
01-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Besides, the Saints were 10-6....one whole game better than the Chiefs...in the NFC!!!

You should know that the NFC completely sucks. The AFC, as a whole, dominated the NFC during the regular season.

Silock
01-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the point he was trying to make.

Reaper16
01-09-2007, 05:51 PM

Free Agency

Jahari Evans
Mike Karney
Hollis Thomas
Scott Fujita
Drew Brees

Jhari Evans was a 4th round 2006 draft pick out of Division II Bloomsburg.

Fruit Ninja
01-09-2007, 05:53 PM
He needs another year, we cant just go firing every damn coach people dont like.

FringeNC
01-09-2007, 05:54 PM

Wow. Can't we all just agree that Sean Payton is a better coach than Herm? Can't Herm supporters admit that? New Orleans is better in his first year than any team Herm has ever coached.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Every HC deserves at a minimum at least 2 years...unless its an absolute debacle like Art Shell.

FAX
01-09-2007, 05:58 PM
I heard a couple of lengthy radio interviews with Payton this year and really liked him. Apparently, he has some sort of family connection with a local talk show guy who invites him on as a guest occasionally. Very focused, direct, and intelligent. New Orleans should be feel very good about the decision to hire him.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Jhari Evans was a 4th round 2006 draft pick out of Division II Bloomsburg.

You're right. My mistake. I saw a transactions page that had him listed as FA.

So they've added two starters on the OL in the past two years via draft, and added a Center through trade this year.

We've drafted 4 OLmen in the past 5 years, none higher than 4th round.

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Kind of like a team called The Patriots being introduced as a team(United We Stand Divided We Fall)before the Superbowl and then winning it all which followed the worst act of terrorism ever in this country.

Funny how most years there's a really cool tie-in to something major, ain't it?

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Wow. Can't we all just agree that Sean Payton is a better coach than Herm? Can't Herm supporters admit that? New Orleans is better in his first year than any team Herm has ever coached.

New Orleans: 10-6

NYJ: 10-6 (2001, 2004)

I like Sean Payton, but to believe that Herm couldn't succeed with the upgrade in talent Payton was afforded........

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 06:16 PM

Bob Dole doesn't know that anyone is arguing that Sean Payton isn't a better coach. He's not here though, and he's not going to be here any time soon, so what's the point?

Canning an experienced HC after one season where the team made the playoffs (despite the horrid performance once they were there) is just a knee jerk reaction. We all knew there were problems with this team headed in to opening day. Green getting knocked loopy didn't help. The musical chairs on the O-line didn't help.

Bob Dole will certainly bitch about some of the decisions the staff made (and will probably make), but tossing Herm or the coordinators after one year together isn't likely going to help anything.

Ignoring the fact that as long as Carl Peterson is here, we're probably going to keep plucking head coaches from the same Schottenheimer tree. It's going to take new leadership in the front office before we decide to pluck someone from the Parcell's coaching tree (which appears to be the popular fruit of choice around here).

Bill Parcells
01-09-2007, 06:19 PM
New Orleans: 10-6

NYJ: 10-6 (2001, 2004)

I like Sean Payton, but to believe that Herm couldn't succeed with the upgrade in talent Payton was afforded........
Rich Kotite had the same 10-6 record with the Eagles in 92-93..was he a better coach than Payton??

booger
01-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I hope his wife takes a dump on his chest.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Parcell's coaching tree (which appears to be the popular fruit of choice around here).

Are you calling Bill Parcells a homo?

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9092/t1shockeyallpj8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Rich Kotite had the same 10-6 record with the Eagles in 92-93..was he a better coach than Payton??

WTF does Rich Kotite have to do with this conversation?

That's right: Nothing.

New Orleans is better in his first year than any team Herm has ever coached.

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Are you calling Bill Parcells a homo?

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9092/t1shockeyallpj8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

No. Would it been more appropriate to use "nut" when talking about plucking someone from a coaching tree?

Frazod
01-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Give him at least another year. He inherited our worst problems.

Although God did he f#ck up last Saturday. He really should have yanked Green at halftime.

Of course, I'm sure it's a lot easier for me to type the words "yank Green" than it is for Herm to look the flesh-and-blood Trent Green in the eye and say "Your career's over, pal." I think as fans we tend to overlook the human aspect of decisions like that.

Reaper16
01-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Sean Payton's O-line > Herm Edwards' O-line.

Coach
01-09-2007, 06:28 PM

http://www.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2006/0110/photo/g_kotite_195.jpg

"Wait, what do you mean, nothing?"

Skip Towne
01-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I heard a couple of lengthy radio interviews with Payton this year and really liked him. Apparently, he has some sort of family connection with a local talk show guy who invites him on as a guest occasionally. Very focused, direct, and intelligent. New Orleans should be feel very good about the decision to hire him.

FAX
Does he punt from the opponents 40?

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Sean Payton's O-line > Herm Edwards' O-line.

And then some.....

WilliamTheIrish
01-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Some never wanted him in the first place.

I (heart) you.

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 06:35 PM
I (heart) you.
ROFL

http://jitcrunch.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazozN19GLmpwZ3xsb2FkPUwwLGh0dHA6Ly9pbWFnZXMuY2FmZXByZXNzLmNvbS9pb WFnZS8xMzE4MjMxMV80MDB4NDAwLmpwZ3x8c2NhbGU9TDAsNDk5LDQ1NyxXaGl0ZXxjb21wb3NlPWJsYW5rLEwwLEFkZCwtMTIsM TF8bG9hZD1tYXNrLGJsYW5rOjM3X0ZfbWFzay5qcGd8Y29tcG9zZT1ibGFuayxtYXNrLE1hc2ssMCwwfGNwPXJlc3VsdCxibGFua 3xzY2FsZT1yZXN1bHQsMCw0ODAsV2hpdGV8Y29tcHJlc3Npb249OTV8

Bill Parcells
01-09-2007, 06:39 PM

NOPE..it does have relevance..because everybody is bringing up Herms previous record..and that proves it don't mean shit..;)
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/KotiRi0.htm

Priest4Prez
01-09-2007, 06:51 PM
I didn't want herm, I wanted JoPA

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 07:00 PM
That's quite a list. The Chiefs just haven't been in a position to make that kind of roster turnover.

Yeah, Carl hasn't brought in a ton of defensive players in recent years (Bell, Surtain, Law, Knight, Hall, Reed, Edwards, Hali, DJ, Page, Pollard).

Silock
01-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah, Carl hasn't brought in a ton of defensive players in recent years (Bell, Surtain, Law, Knight, Hall, Reed, Edwards, Hali, DJ, Page, Pollard).

Those were not all in 1 year.

booger
01-09-2007, 07:13 PM
After the death of Derrick Thomas, the glory of the Chiefs defense was destroyed with the hiring of Gunther as head coach.

Hey Geneyass

Just thought I'd point out that Gunther was the HC for his first of two years as HC when DT died.

So to make that a true statement, you could say: We hired Gun as HC and he kept the three stooges around. Then we lost our leader in Derrick Thomas.

Or something of that nature.

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Those were not all in 1 year.
Neither were all of the players originally listed with the Saints.

The Chiefs have been very active bringing in new players in recent years.

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I didn't want herm, I wanted JoPA

He's under a 50 year contract where he is now, isn't he?

Silock
01-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Neither were all of the players originally listed with the Saints.

The Chiefs have been very active bringing in new players in recent years.

No, but when you say roster turnover and bring in over 30 new players that make the final roster, that is not something the Chiefs have ever been in a position to do.

Priest4Prez
01-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Answer to booger: My sig. will be changed by tomorrow. I do realize I have made a mistake.

Answer to Bob Dole: It is a 65 year contract

booger
01-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Answer to booger: My sig. will be changed by tomorrow. I do realize I have made a mistake.

No sweat bud. Not trying to be a smart arse either. Just noticed It and thought I'd point it out. :thumb:

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 07:23 PM

What would it cost to buy out something like that?

Bob Dole is guessing more that tree fiddy.

Priest4Prez
01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
What would it cost to buy out something like that?

Bob Dole is guessing more that tree fiddy.
Who knows? I bet it could be that 500 Million yen that Sosa got to play in the Jappanese league.

Reerun_KC
01-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Never would of Hired him in the first place..

I see people are bagging on Sean Payton from NO.. 10-6 in the NFC is laughable? well Sean equaled herms best ever record in the NFL in his first year.

I would say there are Plenty of current coaches, coordinators and college coaches that have more clue on how to run a football team than herm...

Oh well we are stuck with the ****ing genious. Better get used to this train wreck each year...

FAX
01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm of two minds on this vitally important question.

First, I'm very angry about the playoff performance but even moreso about Herm's propensity to cover his butt and talk down to fans. That part of me wants him to go to work at the mall.

Second, I know that it takes more than one year for any head coach regardless of ability to build a team and, clearly, our past offensive approach didn't suit Herm's long term plans. Given that, he should have a shot at making this work. Plus, he's given us our best draft in a while and that's encouraging.

The first thing is a heart thing. The second thing is a head thing. So, I'm going to vote to keep him because head trumps heart in all matters save amore and picking out a car. May God have mercy on us all.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I would have never hired Herm. I would have gone after Jeff Fischer last year, but hindsight is 20/20. I'm not big on college coaches either....If I brought in a coach, he'd have to be willing to adapt, unlike Cover 2 dipshit Herm. If I was forced to make a choice today, I'd probably go with Singletary, with a Saunders/Vermeil protege heading the O

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Never would of Hired him in the first place..

I see people are bagging on Sean Payton from NO.

Where is anyone bagging on Payton?

Are you just making shit up now?

Reerun_KC
01-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Where is anyone bagging on Payton?

Are you just making shit up now?

Bagging/discussing.. Does it matter?

Bob Dole
01-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Bagging/discussing.. Does it matter?

Just a little.

But carry on. It's at least entertaining.

Reerun_KC
01-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Just a little.

I appologize Senator Dole for my choice of words. I stand corrected!

Pass the pretzels.....

Reerun_KC
01-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Just a little.

Oh and regardless, I would of hired a blind retarded gorilla before I would of hired hermie to run the Chiefs. The results would of been about the same....

booger
01-09-2007, 07:46 PM
a blind retarded gorilla ....
Leave your poor mother out of this.

Sorry. Very poor timing on my part.

sorry for your loss.

Reerun_KC
01-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Leave your poor mother out of this.

:bravo: Not a problem, She passed away a couple of years ago with Cancer....

dirk digler
01-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Fire his ass. Herm was hired to fix the D and not screw with the O. He semi-fixed the D but destroyed the O. Now we're ****ed.

Priest4Prez
01-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Haven't seen Taco John on this thread. Somehow he would say that firing herm has a link to Darrent William's death. But seriously, why did we trade herm for a 4th round pick? He was going to get fired anyway. Who knows? That pick could have been a left tackle or a wide reciever we deprestely needed. Poor management to aquire him. Should have offered Saunders the HC job.

booger
01-09-2007, 08:20 PM
:bravo: Not a problem, She passed away a couple of years ago with Cancer....
AAAAAAHHH crap. Sorry again. Had you mixed up with the redrum 69 guy who always talks stuff on moms.

Doesn't make it right, but sorry for the mixup.

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 08:21 PM
No, but when you say roster turnover and bring in over 30 new players that make the final roster, that is not something the Chiefs have ever been in a position to do.

99% of the time there is a huge roster turnover the thinking is that it will take time for the players to learn the scheme and get things to gel. That's what makes NO's record even more impressive.

In KC there wasn't much turnover on the roster on offense and Herm wants to try to tell the fans the system is too complex.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 08:26 PM
But seriously, why did we trade herm for a 4th round pick? He was going to get fired anyway.

No, he wasn't.

jspchief
01-09-2007, 08:27 PM
I give him two more years.

This year he did what all the fans wanted him to do. He tried to extend what Vermeil built on offense.

Now it's time to let him build his own football team.

Coach
01-09-2007, 08:27 PM
99% of the time there is a huge roster turnover the thinking is that it will take time for the players to learn the scheme and get things to gel. That's what makes NO's record even more impressive.

In KC there wasn't much turnover on the roster on offense and Herm wants to try to tell the fans the system is too complex.

And that's where I have a problem with this Herm Edwards. Only a freaking moron could take over this team, watch the offense flop, then blame the SYSTEM for it. I mean... the offensive system has always been a problem other than some games, right?

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't think Herm was blaming the system. He was just outlining some changes he wanted to make.

Clearly the offensive line is to blame.

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 08:29 PM
And that's where I have a problem with this Herm Edwards. Only a freaking moron could take over this team, watch the offense flop, then blame the SYSTEM for it. I mean... the offensive system has always been a problem other than some games, right?
This is probably my biggest problem with Sperm. Who does he think he's fooling? It may be true that you can't run this offense and have 20m practices, but I'm thinking the team would be willing to work a little longer each day if it means putting up 30 points a game again.

If he wanted to feed s**t to his fans he should have coached somewhere like Indy or SD where the fans are actually dimwitted.

Simply Red
01-09-2007, 08:32 PM
The trouble is EVERY NFL coach is trained in CYA 101. You'll rarely get a straight answer out of anybody not named Jim Mora. The next guy is gonna piss you off every bit as much as Herm or DV pissed you off. Hopefully Herm will piss us off less next year.

Pretty much exactly how i'd answer the question, I just couldn't assemble the answer quite as well as Phobia did.

But yes I totally agree with what you said.

NaptownChief
01-09-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't think Herm was blaming the system. He was just outlining some changes he wanted to make.

How could you possibly interpret what he meant with his unit in your mouth and his hands over your ears?

Your love affair with Herm Average makes KCJohnny's Gunther fetish look like hatred.

DaneMcCloud
01-09-2007, 08:36 PM
I would have never hired Herm. I would have gone after Jeff Fischer last year, but hindsight is 20/20. I'm not big on college coaches either....If I brought in a coach, he'd have to be willing to adapt, unlike Cover 2 dipshit Herm. If I was forced to make a choice today, I'd probably go with Singletary, with a Saunders/Vermeil protege heading the O

How could you "bring in" Jeff Fisher is he's under contract and doesn't want to leave?

What makes you think that Singletary is prepared to be a successful head coach?

I don't like the Herm Edwards hire either and didn't from the start but you need to be realistic in your expectations. That's like saying "I would have brought in Bill Parcells or Andy Reid", though neither coach is looking to move.

Coach
01-09-2007, 08:37 PM

If he's not blaming the system, then why is he wanting to "simplify it?" How the f**k do you simplify run left, run right and pass on 3rd down? How much more can Edwards simplify his game plan? He has the most predictable playbook in town, now he wants to make it easier? And he wants to simplify it because the younger players can't understand it?

That's f**king brilliant!

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 08:38 PM
If he's not blaming the system, then why is he wanting to "simplify it?" How the f**k do you simplify run left, run right and pass on 3rd down? How much more can Edwards simplify his game plan? He has the most predictable playbook in town, now he wants to make it easier? And he wants to simplify it because the younger players can't understand it?

That's f**king brilliant!

He's simplifying it to make it easier on DC's to defend against. It's a core principal of playing not to lose.

blueballs
01-09-2007, 08:39 PM
strange
4 years of the top 3 offense in the league =1 playoff loss
the year it died still = 1 playoff loss with just an average defense
defense trumps offense

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 08:39 PM
How could you possibly interpret what he meant with his unit in your mouth and his hands over your ears?

Your love affair with Herm Average makes KCJohnny's Gunther fetish look like hatred.
KCHermStalker.

NaptownChief
01-09-2007, 08:40 PM
And he wants to simplify it because the younger players can't understand it?

Clearly the team understood it and ran it well in previous years so it is pretty clear which individual needs it simplified so that they can understand it.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Yawn. Let's all hate on Herm! It's his fault we couldn't block for shit!

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
What makes you think that Singletary is prepared to be a successful head coach?
The same could be said for Reid, Shanahan, Belichick, and Billick.

They've done alright for their teams. Some might say they've done better than Sperm.

NaptownChief
01-09-2007, 08:45 PM

It is probably the fans fault cause they are responsible for drafting players, recruiting free agents and coaching them. Clearly that isn't Herm's job. I guess he is just around to collect a paycheck from his buddy Carl eh? How silly of us to hold him accountable.

Coach
01-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Clearly the team understood it and ran it well in previous years so it is pretty clear which individual needs it simplified so that they can understand it.

Well, whoever those individuals are that needed it simplified, must be mentally retarded or something.

It sounds to me like Herm thinks his players aren't all that bright. I mean these are (most of them) college educated men who have been playing football for years...They have learned new schemes and terminology at every level [popwarner, high school, college] along the way...They obviously can't be a dumb as he makes them sound, could they?

It's possible that it's Herm who can't learn the offense, not the players. I mean, how much simpler could he possibly make it?

Simply Red
01-09-2007, 08:47 PM

I never really hated on Herm. I'm not crazy about him, but I don't hate him either. I say, let him get his teeth sunk in and he may prove more, hell, imo he is at least partially(at a bare minimum) responsible for the turnaround regarding the performance of the "D" this year.

WilliamTheIrish
01-09-2007, 08:48 PM
It is probably the fans fault cause they are responsible for drafting players, recruiting free agents and coaching them. Clearly that isn't Herm's job. I guess he is just around to collect a paycheck from his buddy Carl eh? How silly of us to hold him accountable.

Even though I hated to see him hired, I hate Carl with heat of a 1,000 suns.

How's the golf game?

NaptownChief
01-09-2007, 08:49 PM
It's possible that it's Herm who can't learn the offense, not the players.

That is exactly who I was implying that needed it dumbed down.

NaptownChief
01-09-2007, 08:53 PM
How's the golf game?

I'm hopeful it will be good soon. I'm four months removed from a two level fusion in my lower back that spiraled into a total of three surgeries. After a few complications it is now doing really well and just got permission from my surgeon to pick up a club and start taking some light practice swings. My goal is to be back on the course by March 1st. I finished last season with my handi at 7.9...I'm hoping that this summer with a much better back I can take it a couple points lower.

Coach
01-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I never really hated on Herm. I'm not crazy about him, but I don't hate him either. I say, let him get his teeth sunk in and he may prove more, hell, imo he is at least partially(at a bare minimum) responsible for the turnaround regarding the performance of the "D" this year.

If you followed Herm during his years in NY and then this year with the Chiefs, it's clear as day that all he will ever be is good enough to produce a mediocre team. Too often his teams just don't show up for games and look completely unprepared. Maybe every few years he'll luck into a playoff win, but never will you say "Wow, I'm sure glad Herm was our coach today!".

Mediocrity. Learn it, love it, get used to it.

NaptownChief
01-09-2007, 08:56 PM
If you followed Herm during his years in NY and then this year with the Chiefs, it's clear as day that all he will ever be is good enough to produce a mediocre team. Too often his teams just don't show up for games and look completely unprepared. Maybe every few years he'll luck into a playoff win, but never will you say "Wow, I'm sure glad Herm was our coach today!".

Hence why I dubbed him Herm Average.

Halfcan
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I would dump Herm just like I dumped the Taco Bell I ate for lunch.

Halfcan
01-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Herm is less popular than Michael Jackson or Bush right now.

Coach
01-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Hence why I dubbed him Herm Average.

Heh. Looks like your fan club of Kris Wilson has been slowly increasing, eh? :)

Simply Red
01-09-2007, 09:00 PM

I respect your opinion and certainly you're intitled to it, I just feel there are always a lot of variables while measuring/blaming the success/failures of a hc. Clearly Jordan Black was a large reason we never really had a shot this year. I will give Edwards another full year before completely bashing him.

Just how I happen to see it...

NaptownChief
01-09-2007, 09:00 PM
As to the question...I would dump Herm in a second if we had a new GM that was going to hire the best available....But assuming CeePee is still running the show then I probably wouldn't because we all know he is only going to hire those that are buddies of his and won't challenge him in any way. Considering that is the required criteria Herm is probably as good as or better than any other turd he would drag in.

NaptownChief
01-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Heh. Looks like your fan club of Kris Wilson has been slowly increasing, eh? :)

yeah I might have to sell my ownership while the market is high.

dirk digler
01-09-2007, 09:04 PM
We have already lived through the Marty years and as much as I loved it I really don't care to re-live again and that is what Herm is going to bring. I can't wait until we go back to Paul Hackett and check downs to FB's in the flat.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't think people realize how rare it is for a first-year head coach to go to the playoffs.

Simply Red
01-09-2007, 09:06 PM
It's comical to me how everybody cheered and rallied around Herm's comments to the media when he defended our getting into the playoffs and now that we are out most everybody insults his dignity. Which is fine if one wants to do that. But I won't be joining in the bashing. Give the guy a chance.

JMO...

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't think people realize how rare it is for a first-year head coach to go to the playoffs.
So what flavor is the Kool-aide?

The Chiefs snuck in and then got hammered by quite possibly the second worst team in there. That's not a f**king achievement.

dirk digler
01-09-2007, 09:07 PM

:rolleyes:

This team was 10-6 last year for crying out loud. It is not like he inherited a 4-12 team like Mangini did.

Coach
01-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I respect your opinion and certainly you're intitled to it, I just feel there are always a lot of variables while measuring/blaming the success/failures of a hc. Clearly Jordan Black was a large reason we never really had a shot this year. I will give Edwards another full year before completely bashing him.

Just how I happen to see it...

I understand and respect your opinion as well. Maybe he could deftinaly need one more year, who knows?

The reason why there are alot of variables while measuring/blaming the success/failures of the HC is, that's his job description. Vermeil was good at accepting responsibility, even when he stepped in the gun becuase of our shitty defense awhile back go. His problem was just blind loyality.

I have never seen Herm, thus far this season, accept any kind of blame. Same thing happened when he was in NY. Edwards will never take resposability when things go wrong. Oh yeah, he'll keep Solari alright.... and keep one hand tied behind his back with a mandate to be overly conserative in both scheme and playbook, not to mention play calling.

Then when it doesn't work, he'll fire Solari. Herm is a chameleon that way. He bought himself more time in NY like that.... he did the same thing with Hackett. Then, he fired Hackett and brought in a more dynamic OC in Hiemerdinger. But, the offense didn't change at all. Hiemerdinger didn't change much at all.

Anyone notice how Herm's support of Solari was also a blame pointing statement? He talked about how Solari has a lot to learn about the passing game..... he's only in his first year, yada yada.... nothing is ever Edwards' fault.... even though it in fact, is. Herm left a field full of dead coaches in his wake as a HC so far. He'll keep Solari around for next year, so he can fire him, and buy another year.

And he'll keep doing that until the management finally catches on, and cans his ass.

Simply Red
01-09-2007, 09:10 PM

The Chiefs snuck in and then got hammered by quite possibly the second worst team in there. That's not a f**king achievement.

Funny, last time I checked we had to win to get into the playoffs. What exactly do you mean by "snuck in?"

PastorMikH
With what I'm reading about what he wants to do with the O, I'm so dissapointed that I wouldn't be upset if there were a more qualified canidate available and we made a push for them.

Coach

Luck.

The way the Chiefs played, they didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs. They should had just stayed the **** home.

NaptownChief
01-09-2007, 09:11 PM

They probably don't realize how rare it is for a 10-6 team to come available either.

I'm guessing it isn't so rare for first year head coaches to come in and make the team a game worse however.

HemiEd
01-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Funny, last time I checked we had to win to get into the playoffs. What exactly do you mean by "snuck in?"
Herm? Is that you? Got Gunther with you?

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Three home favorites had to lose for our win to matter. That's sneaking in, Herm Lite.

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 09:13 PM

You apparently haven't watched a Jets, Cowboys, Seahawks or Giants game this year.......

morphius
01-09-2007, 09:15 PM
You apparently haven't watched a Jets, Cowboys, Seahawks or Giants game this year.......
Or any team in the NFC... ick.

Simply Red
01-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I understand and respect your opinion as well. Maybe he could deftinaly need one more year, who knows?

The reason why there are alot of variables while measuring/blaming the success/failures of the HC is, that's his job description. Vermeil was good at accepting responsibility, even when he stepped in the gun becuase of our shitty defense awhile back go. His problem was just blind loyality.

I have never seen Herm, thus far this season, accept any kind of blame. Same thing happened when he was in NY. Edwards will never take resposability when things go wrong. Oh yeah, he'll keep Solari alright.... and keep one hand tied behind his back with a mandate to be overly conserative in both scheme and playbook, not to mention play calling.

Then when it doesn't work, he'll fire Solari. Herm is a chameleon that way. He bought himself more time in NY like that.... he did the same thing with Hackett. Then, he fired Hackett and brought in a more dynamic OC in Hiemerdinger. But, the offense didn't change at all. Hiemerdinger didn't change much at all.

Anyone notice how Herm's support of Solari was also a blame pointing statement? He talked about how Solari has a lot to learn about the passing game..... he's only in his first year, yada yada.... nothing is ever Edwards' fault.... even though it in fact, is. Herm left a field full of dead coaches in his wake as a HC so far. He'll keep Solari around for next year, so he can fire him, and buy another year.

And he'll keep doing that until the management finally catches on, and cans his ass.

Perhaps a good portion of what you said is true. That being said: Our biggest liability that prevents us from going deeper in the playoffs is without a doubt the offensive-line. Before scheme & before coaching.

Again:
Everybody can and will have a slight difference of opinion of the flaws, I'm just displaying mine.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm guessing it isn't so rare for first year head coaches to come in and make the team a game worse however.

Give me a break. Herm lost his quarterback for half the year!

When I was railing against Herm after he was hired, people told me to give him a chance.

After his great offseason, I decided to GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

Now we lose a playoff game and people want to throw him under the bus because of the offense.

I say GIVE HIM A CHANCE to build an offense. DV's dregs didn't get the job done this year. The wide receivers sucked and the line sucked worse.

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 09:16 PM
32nd ranked D. No first downs in the first half. Enough said.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 09:17 PM

Yep. Time to rebuild the offensive line that SUCKED BALLS.

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Yep. Time to rebuild the offensive line that SUCKED BALLS.
You'd better find a RB while you're at it because the wheels are going to fall off of LJ. It's like Herm looked at the contract expiration date and thought it might as well be LJ's retirement date as well.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 09:20 PM
You'd better find a RB while you're at it because the wheels are going to fall off of LJ.

So tired of hearing this.

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 09:22 PM
So tired of hearing this.
Show me the evidence that it won't happen, because there's a mountain suggesting it will.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Show me the evidence that it won't happen, because there's a mountain suggesting it will.

Those other running backs all had a shit-ton of miles on them. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

LJ is a completely different situation.

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM

Wrong.

21st in Total D

23rd in Scoring D

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

Simply Red
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM
At this point, in all honesty, I'll be happy if LJ stays. While I'm patiently waiting on Herm to build an "O" line, something tells me LJ will not be.

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Those other running backs all had a shit-ton of miles on them. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

LJ is a completely different situation.
ROFL

Keep telling yourself that.

Simply Red
01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
ROFL

Keep telling yourself that.

Well we all hope he'll hold up. Obviously you have to be a little concerned about his workload.

-wishing for the best...

Coach
01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Wrong.

21st in Total D

23rd in Scoring D

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

I'm assuming Simplex is referring to their rush defense.

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Give me a break. Herm lost his quarterback for half the year!

When I was railing against Herm after he was hired, people told me to give him a chance.

After his great offseason, I decided to GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

Now we lose a playoff game and people want to throw him under the bus because of the offense.

I say GIVE HIM A CHANCE to build an offense. DV's dregs didn't get the job done this year. The wide receivers sucked and the line sucked worse.

What I don't understand GC is why people feel there's a difference between the Defense sucking ass for the last 5 years, and now the O takes a dive, primarily due to injuries and an untimely retirement. But bring DV back so we score 30/game and lose 33-30. What's the difference?

This years Defense kept us in, or flat out won us 5 games.

Did that happen last year? The year before?

Nope.

We were lucky to go 9-7. That's the bottom line. And the Defense had a HUGE part in that......

Coach
01-09-2007, 09:36 PM
What I don't understand GC is why people feel there's a difference between the Defense sucking ass for the last 5 years, and now the O takes a dive, primarily due to injuries and an untimely retirement. But bring DV back so we score 30/game and lose 33-30. What's the difference?

Nope.

We were lucky to go 9-7. That's the bottom line. And the Defense had a HUGE part in that......

That offense we saw this year, does it really resemble Vermeil's type of a offense? I mean, there was by far, less reverses, less mis-direction plays, invisible screens, invisible quick screens to the TE at the slot, etc.

That offense we saw, IMHO, did not represent a Coryall offense at all.

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2007, 09:50 PM
That offense we saw this year, does it really resemble Vermeil's type of a offense? I mean, there was by far, less reverses, less mis-direction plays, invisible screens, invisible quick screens to the TE at the slot, etc.

I'm not arguing that, Coach. I agree. Anyone who's gone to a game with me this year can attest to the fact that I've screamed to holy hell about the playcalling. Part of it is personnel. We can't run the stretch play like we used to because of who's playing Tackle. We used to run screens all the time, and were damn good at it Did we quit calling those for the same reason? (Tackles struggle to get outside?) I don't know.

What I do know is that I can go into pretty much any game and know we're probably not gonna need 35 points to win anymore. Sure, the Defense had it's poor games, it's gonna happen. Just like it did on Offense on occasion when DV was here. (Buffalo, etc.)

Defense all but won the Arizona game this year. Shut 'em out for last 25:00, allowing the comeback.

Shut out SF.

Gave up points to SD at home, but gave the offense 14 points from 3 first quarter turnovers.

Held STL to 17 points on their fast track. Also 3 1st half TO's

Kept us in the Miami game, and had a chance to win thanks to Allen.

Held Denver to 19 points in 2 games.

Herm may or may not have "neutered" the offense, that's a matter of opinion.

He did, however drastically improve the defense. He deserves credit for it.....

KCChiefsMan
01-09-2007, 09:53 PM
only if we get Ditka to replace him

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 09:53 PM

Nope.

Thankyou. The defense was responsible for getting us into the playoffs this year. Shitty O-line play almost screwed it up!

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 09:57 PM

They couldn't run that offense. We didn't have the offensive line.

It showed in the season opener.

Silock
01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm not arguing that, Coach. I agree. Anyone who's gone to a game with me this year can attest to the fact that I've screamed to holy hell about the playcalling. Part of it is personnel. We can't run the stretch play like we used to because of who's playing Tackle. We used to run screens all the time, and were damn good at it Did we quit calling those for the same reason? (Tackles struggle to get outside?) I don't know.

What I do know is that I can go into pretty much any game and know we're probably not gonna need 35 points to win anymore. Sure, the Defense had it's poor games, it's gonna happen. Just like it did on Offense on occasion when DV was here. (Buffalo, etc.)

Defense all but won the Arizona game this year. Shut 'em out for last 25:00, allowing the comeback.

Shut out SF.

Gave up points to SD at home, but gave the offense 14 points from 3 first quarter turnovers.

Excellent stuff!

Fish
01-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Before the season started, would anyone have believed me if I told you we'd go to the playoffs with Trent Green having a QB rating of 74.1 for the year, Willie Roaf not playing a single down, AND half of CP would call for the first year HC's firing?

Ohh Planet, you are a peculiar place....

ChiefsLV
01-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, whoever those individuals are that needed it simplified, must be mentally retarded or something.

It sounds to me like Herm thinks his players aren't all that bright. I mean these are (most of them) college educated men who have been playing football for years...They have learned new schemes and terminology at every level [popwarner, high school, college] along the way...They obviously can't be a dumb as he makes them sound, could they?

It's possible that it's Herm who can't learn the offense, not the players. I mean, how much simpler could he possibly make it?

Exactly. Herm actslike his players are ****ing idiots. They're calling him out in being too predictable and conservative and he's dodging it left and right. "We knew what was going to happen." "We didn't have a plan B." "They were expecting us to come out running b/c that's what the media was talking about all week." When anything a player says is brought up, Herm dodges it by saying "well he didn't say that to me". It's on film you ****ing #%#$%! He takes fans, the media, and players for complete idiots I guess. He's smarter than all of us.

TEX
01-09-2007, 10:56 PM

Shut out SF.

Credit? Hardly. One came at the expense of the other. Did the defense improve as much as he killed the offense?

Redcoats58
01-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Although I know I said you have to give a coach more than one year with a team, this playoff loss really rubbed me the wrong way. We as fans should not have to feel embarrassed and that always seems to be the theme for the Chiefs. Herm can get the f*ck out!

RedThat
01-09-2007, 11:04 PM
I can't understand why this thread was created to begin with?

This is absolutely unfair and dumb. No you can't fire a coach after his 1st year here. Herm has done a good job considering the amount of animousity and adversity the Chiefs went through this year.

Think of all what happened this year. Willie Roaf retires. Al Saunders left. Trent Green got hurt. He was forced to go with Damon Huard, and we still won games and were still in the playoff hunt. The team was banged up all year. He had a team decimated with injuries, and was forced to go with a patchy offensive line. Lamar Hunt passes away.
On top of that he was forced to rebuild a defense because lets face it this defense is still in transition.

But yet what you guys fail to realize is, he kept this team together. And we won the games we had to. And got this team to still stand, and made it to the playoffs. Yeah but people still want to bash him? Thats not too bright.

Count Zarth
01-09-2007, 11:10 PM

Because I've sensed that people are turning on Herm since the playoff loss. I'm a keen observer of human activity. :D

ChiefsLV
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Thats not too bright.

You are exactly the kind of Chiefs fan Herm takes us all for. :D

milkman
01-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Herman ****ing Edwards was hired on Jan. 6, 2006.
I wanted him gone on Jan. 6, 2006.

I watched the season unfold, and kept my negative feelings about him in check, but over the course of the season, that feeling never changed.

I still want him gone.

Redcoats58
01-09-2007, 11:52 PM

I watched the season unfold, and kept my negative feelings about him in check, but over the course of the season, that feeling never changed.

I still want him gone.
This is pretty much my feeling also. I didn't want him here when they hired him and after the Indy abortion, it only confirmed it.

WilliamTheIrish
01-10-2007, 12:06 AM

I still want him gone.

You and me, brother.

Bob Dole
01-10-2007, 12:22 AM

Isn't that what we were all saying about Marty by the time he was pushed out the door?

Maybe our Chiefs are just a farm team for everyone else.

mcan
01-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Obviously it isn't up to me, or else Saunders would have been my coach from the start. But alas, my opinion means squat.

That said, you did ask, so: If Herm wants to get some horses that can run a simple offense effectively and then stack up on defense, I'm fairly certain I can live with that. I do long for some good ole' fashioned defense, ala the Derrick Thomas/Neil Smith days. So, even if it were up to me, I'd give Herm another year to show some progress and prove his worth. If there isn't some significant improvement here next year, than I'm going after Saunders and throwing Herm to the curb.

DaWolf
01-10-2007, 12:30 AM

This is absolutely unfair and dumb. No you can't fire a coach after his 1st year here. Herm has done a good job considering the amount of animousity and adversity the Chiefs went through this year.

Think of all what happened this year. Willie Roaf retires. Al Saunders left. Trent Green got hurt. He was forced to go with Damon Huard, and we still won games and were still in the playoff hunt. The team was banged up all year. He had a team decimated with injuries, and was forced to go with a patchy offensive line. Lamar Hunt passes away.
On top of that he was forced to rebuild a defense because lets face it this defense is still in transition.

But yet what you guys fail to realize is, he kept this team together. And we won the games we had to. And got this team to still stand, and made it to the playoffs. Yeah but people still want to bash him? Thats not too bright.

Welcome to the Planet...

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2007, 12:40 AM

Wouldn't that imply that the Chiefs drafted well and developed outstanding players? :fire:

milkman
01-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Isn't that what we were all saying about Marty by the time he was pushed out the door?

Herman ****ing Edwards makes (pre Cam Cameron) Marty look like Mike Martz by comparison.

Taco John
01-10-2007, 01:02 AM
After Trent Green's first year, there were a lot of calls for his head... and then you signed Willie Roaf and Trent became a KC legend.

I don't personally have a lot of respect for Herm as a coach, as I see him as a player manager/motivator, and not so much a game manager, X and O's kind of guy, which I prefer. I'll take the Shanahans, Holmgrens, and Belichicks over the Denny Greens, Parcells, and Herm types. "Motivator" coaches don't do much for me.

That said, I think you've got to give any coach time to work his system and get his program in place. Within reason, of course. Had Herm taken your 10-6 team and turned them into a 4-12 team, I think that you fire the guy with an email, and a full page ad in the paper. But to take a 10-6 team who hadn't been to the playoffs in two years and turn them into a 9-7 team who actually made it in... That's not grounds for a firing.

Your team is at a cross roads, and your fans should be optimistic about what the team can accomplish in 2007. For all anybody here knows, you're just one or two more players away from turning the Chiefs into next year's Lamar Trophy recipients.

...or hopefully turned away by the Broncos... But you get the point.

RedThat
01-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Because I've sensed that people are turning on Herm since the playoff loss. I'm a keen observer of human activity. :D

Yeah well I dont understand it. He made it to the playoffs his first year here. Thats pretty successful. Not a lot of coaches in this league take their team to the playoffs in their 1st year coaching a new team.

What do people expect? A SB?

Fruit Ninja
01-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Credit? Hardly. One came at the expense of the other. Did the defense improve as much as he killed the offense?
If we had DV this year, we would have NOT faired much better on offense. We just do NOT have the Offensive line to run the kind of system that takes a few seconds to develop. By the time the WR's get open Trent Green is long gone outta the pocket or on his back in the pocket.

Just like Gretz said during the game on Saturday. The offense looks OLD and SLOW. How do you become old and slow? Old Number 1 wide out. Old Center, Old Gaurd, Old Quarterback with a Way below average arm now. Thats why DV got out, the window on the Offense had closed, and he knew it.

MichaelH
01-10-2007, 04:41 AM
YES! Normally I'd say it takes two to three years for a new coach to work out. But after seeing how much better the Jets were without him, I say fire him now before it's too late.

CupidStunt
01-10-2007, 05:11 AM
No, I'm one of last on Herm's bandwagon.

I like what he has done with the D, I like his drafts, and I believe the offenses decline was caused more by age, injuries, and lack of skill.

Once youth is served and he gets his players in place, I expect good things.

Concur.

boogblaster
01-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Just think, we used to bitch about Marty-ball ....

Saggysack
01-10-2007, 05:38 AM
Dump the chump before it's too late.

It's only a matter of time that Herm finds a way to bring back his good buddies Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett.

FringeNC
01-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Why give Herm more time? His play-not-to-lose philosophy simply cannot work in the playoffs.

I think a perfect analogy can be found at the blackjack table in Vegas. Herm is standing watching others play. He notices that players only do well for the most part when the dealer gets on a busting streak. So Herm sits down and starts playing. He never hits if he has 12 or higher -- just hopes the dealer busts. Now for short periods of time, this strategy can appear to work, but if Chris Peterson is sitting next to Herm, playing exactly as he should, they won't have to play that long before it's next to impossible for Herm to be up more (okay, down less) than Chris Peterson.

Herm is simply too risk-averse to be an effective coach in the playoffs. His strategy will not work against teams that don't bust. Again, why give Herm more time when his strategy is fundamentally flawed?

Herm#1
01-10-2007, 07:15 AM
HERM IS THE BEST COACH IN THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!!

He will prove that next year..

King_Chief_Fan
01-10-2007, 07:20 AM
DUMP NOW!

I don't care for a coach who thinks that you don't try to outscore your opponent on the road.

Simplex3
01-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Yeah well I dont understand it. He made it to the playoffs his first year here. Thats pretty successful. Not a lot of coaches in this league take their team to the playoffs in their 1st year coaching a new team.

What do people expect? A SB?
I expect him to not be so blatantly out-coached in the playoffs by a coach with a piss poor playoff pedigree.

Mainejet
01-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Seems like alot of people have kicked Herm off the bandwagon and want to bury him. What say you?

Hello KC....Jets fan here. I saw this thread and thought it would be a good idea to post my own personal thoughts on Herm as we had him as our coach for 5 seasons, not 1.

I personally think Herm is an above average coach. He's certainly not the world beater and awe inspiring guy he was touted to be when he came to NY. But still a coach who got us to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years and the only time he didn't is when we lost our starting QB for the season.

My honest and objective thoughts on Herm are as follows:

1) The guy is a master motivator. You have to give credit where credit is due. For the disaster of a season the Jets had last year losing TWO QB's in the span of 7 plays for the season, a pro bowl center, a HOF running back, and most of our best defensive players, he STILL kept the team motivated. They STILL went out and played hard and actually TRIED to beat the team in front of them. They could have packed it in very easily, but Herm would not allow it.

That's a great credit to Herm. Personally IMO, he is as good at motivating players as I've ever seen. For that aspect, I would put him up against BB, Parcells, Vermeil, or anyone else.

2) He's a nice guy. There are so many ****** in football today and Herm is a refreshing change. There's something to be said for that. Coaching football in the NFL is a very cut throat business today and to have a guy whose not like that only makes you want to root for him.

Now the criticism........

3) He's not an X's and O's guy. We would get our A$$es handed to us each and every time we would play the Patsies because our coach just DIDN'T know how to strategize. He couldn't coach schemes and I don't think he ever encouraged his assistants to do that. Sometimes showing a different look and a funny blitzing scheme can change the game in your favor. Herm never seemed to realize that. He just went out there and showed the same old format that had been shellacked so many times before. It would piss me off to no end.

4) He has no idea how to manage a clock. I can honestly tell you I don't think he ever actually managed the clock correctly. It was laughable. A 3rd grader could have gotten it right and Herm will never have any idea. I'm convinced of that. It was downright embarrassing. At one point, he hired that old guy Dick Curl to help him with clock management. About the only thing that Dick Curl ever did was take up space on the sideline. If that guy was supposed to know how to manage a clock, my A$$ is a banjo.

So in summary, I voted to give him one more year. For better or worse, he's the HC of the Chiefs now and I think you should give him a chance. Making the playoffs in your first year in a different city than what you are familiar with is some sort of feat.

However, I strangely doubt he is ever going to get the Chiefs to a SB. He's too conservative with the offense. He doesn't take any chances. When he does take chances they are at the worst possible times and usually comes back to bite the team in the A$$. If you are in a tight game with a couple of minutes left to play, you may want to cover your eyes, as Herm will find a way to **** it up royally.

He lacks that killer instinct that Vermeil had with the Rams. he also lacks some of the more subtle, behind the scenes type of things that are necessary for any coach to have.

The Jets owner Woody Johnson had more than enough patience with Herm. He gave him 5 years. That's a lifetime in the NFL. NOBODY gets 5 years to win a championship in the NFL any more.

I also believe giving the ball to Larry Johnson over 400 times isn't a very wise decision. LJ is great player. One of the best running backs in the NFL today. Giving him the ball over 400 times will ONLY serve to DECREASE his career time. Running backs have a short lifespan in the NFL now. I think about 6 seasons is the cutoff time. LJ carrying the ball so much will only render him useless to you in LESS than 6 seasons. That's not using a balanced approach.......

Fish
01-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Keep f*cking doubting Dick Curl....

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Hello KC....Jets fan here. I saw this thread and thought it would be a good idea to post my own personal thoughts on Herm as we had him as our coach for 5 seasons, not 1.

No matter how bad Herm turns out to be, nothing has changed since the summer.

We don't care what Jets fans think.

Mainejet
01-10-2007, 09:15 AM
No matter how bad Herm turns out to be, nothing has changed since the summer.

We don't care what Jets fans think.

I guess your still somewhat angry about the playoff loss? Understandable........

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 09:17 AM
I guess your still somewhat angry about the playoff loss? Understandable........

The playoff loss has nothing to do with it.

Nothing has changed since Herm was hired, we don't care what Jets fans think.

There's no reason to come here and pat us on the head like your red-headed stepbrother and tell us "I told you so."

We don't care what you think.

Nzoner
01-10-2007, 09:18 AM
1) The guy is a master motivator. You have to give credit where credit is due.

Yeah,I could tell by that shot of LJ on the sideline Saturday.

Mainejet
01-10-2007, 09:19 AM
The playoff loss has nothing to do with it.

Nothing has changed since Herm was hired, we don't care what Jets fans think.

There's no reason to come here and pat us on the head like your red-headed stepbrother and tell us "I told you so."

We don't care what you think.

So where is it that I said, "I told you so"? I don't see it anywhere. I came here to have a football conversation. Nothing more........

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 09:20 AM
So where is it that I said, "I told you so"? I don't see it anywhere. I came here to have a football conversation. Nothing more........

It doesn't matter why you came here. Jets fans have created a perception here. That's just the way it is.

FAX
01-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Jets fans are like listening to the girl who gave you herpes tell you how to treat outbreaks.

I would rather put the girl in a bag with 4 cats and a badger and throw her in the river than listen to her advice.

FAX

Mainejet
01-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Jets fans are like listening to the girl who gave you herpes tell you how to treat outbreaks.

I would rather put the girl in a bag with 4 cats and a badger and throw her in the river than listen to her advice.

FAX

So who pissed in your wheaties this morning?

FAX
01-10-2007, 09:38 AM

God. Not this again. I have been an idiot magnet since last weekend.

Look Mr. Mainejet, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but my Wheaties have tested 100% urine free.

It's just a fact. Jetskis have been on here incessantly advising we of diminished hope how to think. I, for one, don't care because it doesn't matter. Mr. Baby Lee tells me what to think and that's it.

FAX

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 09:39 AM

You have to understand, we've been enduring this for MONTHS. We're sick of it.

Mainejet
01-10-2007, 09:50 AM
God. Not this again. I have been an idiot magnet since last weekend.

Look Mr. Mainejet, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but my Wheaties have tested 100% urine free.

It's just a fact. Jetskis have been on here incessantly advising we of diminished hope how to think. I, for one, don't care because it doesn't matter. Mr. Baby Lee tells me what to think and that's it.

FAX

I'm sorry guys. I REALLY am. Just trust me, I am not here to push buttons.

BTW, you guys created the thread. I didn't.

Also, I have no illusions about the possibility that maybe Herm learned to be a better coach while in NY. Shanahan became a better coach in a different city, so did Bill Bellichick. So it can happen.

Honestly, I didn't watch a lot of Chiefs this year, so I wonder have things changed for the better when it comes to Herm? One poster seems to think Dick Curl is a better coach now. Maybe that's a start in the right direction.........

P.S. Actually, NO ****ING way am I sorry. Your blaming me for things I had nothing to do with posting. I'm not these other posters.....

ChiefButthurt
01-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I vote to keep Herm.

There should be secret handshake in order to vote on a Chiefs thread.

Fish
01-10-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm sorry guys. I REALLY am. Just trust me, I am not here to push buttons.

Yeah... and every "helpful" Jets fans spews that line as well....

Honestly, I didn't watch a lot of Chiefs this year, so I wonder have things changed for the better when it comes to Herm? One poster seems to think Dick Curl is a better coach now. Maybe that's a start in the right direction.........

If you didn't watch any Chiefs football this year then why the hell are you here telling us how you think Herm is and what he did to our team?

ck_IN
01-10-2007, 10:03 AM
I'd give him another year. It took an amazing series of events but he did get the team to the playoffs in his first year. That's not bad.

He needs some time to de-DV this team and mold it his way. He should be given another year or two to make that happen.

Redrum_69
01-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Is this a rhetorical question?

Mainejet
01-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Have I been strangely thrust into the defendant's role in DIVORCE COURT??

Did you guys get gang raped recently? That's about the only way you could understand the hostility.......

Inspector
01-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Would Herm take a dump right now???

For heaven's sake, who knows. None of us are privy to that kind of personal information.

And why would you want to know? Sheesh!

Oh wait...I just went back and read the thread starter again. Never mind.

FAX
01-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Have I been strangely thrust into the defendant's role in DIVORCE COURT??...

ROFL

FAX

Reerun_KC
01-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Have I been strangely thrust into the defendant's role in DIVORCE COURT??

Did you guys get gang raped recently? That's about the only way you could understand the hostility.......

Um Herm did the raping with alittle KY, but mostly sand... So yeah alot of people have sand up their assess right now...

Seeing what unfolded this season, playoffs, etc, has left a sour taste in our mouths...

It wouldnt of been so bad, but Jets fans came on here and told how and what Herm would do to this team.. Well it was the truth and unfolded right infront of our eyes...

So basically we are eating crow and not in the best of mood to put up with Jets fans...

So run along back to jetsnation and let us be depressed in the lack of Hope Herm brings to KC....

milkman
01-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Would Herm take a dump right now???

None of us know the answer to this question, but we do know he sure as hell won't pass gas.

Woodrow Call
01-10-2007, 10:29 AM
None of us know the answer to this question, but we do know he sure as hell won't pass gas.
ROFL

FAX
01-10-2007, 10:30 AM

ROFL

FAX

HemiEd
01-10-2007, 10:30 AM

ROFL
Yep, that would alter the time of posession in a positive manner.

Mainejet
01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Um Herm did the raping with alittle KY, but mostly sand... So yeah alot of people have sand up their assess right now.

ROFL

FAX
01-10-2007, 10:33 AM

I guess we can't expect a blowout, then.

FAX

milkman
01-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I guess we can't expect a blowout, then.

FAX

LMAO

Reerun_KC
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Herm could use some colon blow on his offensive playbook...

MahiMike
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Hell, I wanted him fired last September when he was hired!

EAST COAST CHIEF
01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Is it too late to give him back to the Jets for Leon Washington??

Count Zarth
01-10-2007, 11:08 AM
After Trent Green's first year, there were a lot of calls for his head... and then you signed Willie Roaf and Trent became a KC legend.

I don't personally have a lot of respect for Herm as a coach, as I see him as a player manager/motivator, and not so much a game manager, X and O's kind of guy, which I prefer. I'll take the Shanahans, Holmgrens, and Belichicks over the Denny Greens, Parcells, and Herm types. "Motivator" coaches don't do much for me.

That said, I think you've got to give any coach time to work his system and get his program in place. Within reason, of course. Had Herm taken your 10-6 team and turned them into a 4-12 team, I think that you fire the guy with an email, and a full page ad in the paper. But to take a 10-6 team who hadn't been to the playoffs in two years and turn them into a 9-7 team who actually made it in... That's not grounds for a firing.

Your team is at a cross roads, and your fans should be optimistic about what the team can accomplish in 2007. For all anybody here knows, you're just one or two more players away from turning the Chiefs into next year's Lamar Trophy recipients.

...or hopefully turned away by the Broncos... But you get the point.

Amazing that Taco gets it and half the people here don't.