PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Solari should be fired?

Logical
01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I think at a minimum this should occur.

KurtCobain
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
yes

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cpMTOqKOcMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
He was not success...he should be execute.

Fish
01-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I couldn't say yes till I knew his replacement....

KurtCobain
01-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I couldn't say yes till I knew his replacement....

Damon Huard

crazycoffey
01-09-2007, 08:05 PM
not fired, demoted to line coach again.

Fish
01-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Damon Huard

:bong:

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5324/dudewhatnl0.jpg

Priest4Prez
01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Fire his ass. He is a coach pleaser, not a fan pleaser. He shouldn't have listened to herm, but his heart. Shame on him. Get me a coach who has balls to get a first down in the first half

CoMoChief
01-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Demote to Oline coach.

CoMoChief
01-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Fire his ass. He is a coach pleaser, not a fan pleaser. He shouldn't have listened to herm, but his heart. Shame on him. Get me a coach who has balls to get a first down in the first half

Who says you have to be a fan pleaser to be an OC??? :rolleyes:

jspchief
01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Isn't this his first year ever as a OC?

I don't think any coach in the league should be fired after only 1 year, let alone one that's been put in a position he's never been in before.

FAX
01-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I agree with Mr. jspchief.

Except that, no matter who the OC is, they'll be taking their cues from Herm and the entire simplified playbook will consist of about 6 runs and a slant pass. That means we might be able to move Solari back to line coach, hire Mr. Rain Man's one-legged homeless guy for a lot less, and pass the savings along in the form of lower beer costs at Arrowhead.

FAX

CoMoChief
01-09-2007, 08:22 PM

I don't think any coach in the league should be fired after only 1 year, let alone one that's been put in a position he's never been in before.

I can think of one coach who completely lost his team's trust who should be fired. He actually coaches in our division.

Chiefnj
01-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Fire Solari??

Are you crazy?? You want Herm to fire his 2007 scapegoat? If he brings in a new OC this year and the Chiefs have the same atrocious offense, Herm would be the the common denominator. Herm can't have that.

Logical
01-09-2007, 08:40 PM

I don't think any coach in the league should be fired after only 1 year, let alone one that's been put in a position he's never been in before.Why do you think most employers use a probationary period. To make it easy to fire all those early failures. You never struck me as an appeaser.

Halfcan
01-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Is the sun hot?

morphius
01-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't want to ponder this as we are talking about the same Herm Edwards that instead of firing Hackett with all of his ineptness decided to bring in Jimmy Raye as a co-OC. Then I believe he kept Hackett the next year when Raye left to go to the Raiders, only firing him a year later under huge amounts of pressure.

Brock
01-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I think most teams would fire a guy for a performance like that.

TEX
01-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Solari is one hell of an O-Line coach. IMO he failed at OC this season because of Herm's input. I remember back in preseason when Herm called him out for throwing to the endzone in the redzone - saying that allot of bad things could happen becasue of it. I wonder how much more of this went on throughout the saeson? IMO, Herm is more to blame for the failure of the offense and the abomination it evolved into.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Demote Solari to OL line coach and hire Mike Shula as the offensive coordinator.

crazycoffey
01-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Demote Solari to OL line coach and hire Mike Shula as the offensive coordinator.

Interesting

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Interesting

They ran the Coryell offense at Alabama, and Croyle thrieved under him plus he has NFL experience.

Manila-Chief
01-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree with Mr. jspchief.

Except that, no matter who the OC is, they'll be taking their cues from Herm and the entire simplified playbook will consist of about 6 runs and a slant pass. That means we might be able to move Solari back to line coach, hire Mr. Rain Man's one-legged homeless guy for a lot less, and pass the savings along in the form of lower beer costs at Arrowhead.

FAX

Well said!!!! It's not likely that we will do much in the near future with Herm's dumbed down offense.

I, too, was very unhappy with the O on Sat. but that was not Solari's fault ... it was Herm. So, if you are angry demand that the one responsible be fired!!!! Well, I gues even that will mean we get a new OC because the new coach will bring in his on guy!!!! So, yea, fire him but do it in a different way.

mcan
01-10-2007, 12:31 AM
If Herm goes, than we go after Saunders. Screw an offensive coordinator, give Gun the reins on defense, and have Saunders call the plays from the sidelines. Saunders will have NO say what happens on defense, he will simply manage the game and gameplan for the next drive.

DaWolf
01-10-2007, 12:36 AM
If Herm goes, than we go after Saunders. Screw an offensive coordinator, give Gun the reins on defense, and have Saunders call the plays from the sidelines. Saunders will have NO say what happens on defense, he will simply manage the game and gameplan for the next drive.
So you just want to go back to the same formula we had in the very successful Dick Vermeil era :rolleyes: except without Vermeil.

Exactly what good would that do?

And need I remind you that Larry Johnson hates Al Saunders and Tony Gonzalez has complained about his playcalling too (some things never change)?

Also when Al took over an aging San Diego team he did real well there didn't he?

Exactly why would Al Saunders be the best choice for this franchise? He wasn't even that great this year in Washington. There isn't anyone better out there?

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2007, 12:58 AM

So in your opinion, Terry Shea shouldn't have been fired after one year as Chicago's offensive coordinator, even though the Bears were last in the league in almost every statistical category, including scoring only 14.4 points a game? Nonsense. He should have been and was fired.

There are definitely reasons why coaches and coordinators should be fired after one year. But I don't think that Solari fits into that category.

chagrin
01-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Dude shouldn't have been hired in the first place. You don't bring in a "never did" to an older team. That was a stupid move and we paid for it.

Saggysack
01-10-2007, 05:45 AM
Why not. I hear Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett are looking for a step up in jobs.

HemiEd
01-10-2007, 06:00 AM
No I do not. I think Herm tied his hands.

patteeu
01-10-2007, 06:54 AM
I think it's a silly idea. This is an offensive line problem, not a playcalling or coordination problem. I lean toward placing the majority of the blame on the players although I acknowledge that the change in offensive line coaching may have contributed.

Losing Willie Roaf (for the season) and John Welbourne (for several games), Will Shields getting closer to the end, no stability at RT, and an undersized Weigman (at a time when we were forced into abandoning the stretch in favor of power running) were all bigger factors than Solari, IMO.

And in addition to the line problems, Solari had to deal with losing his starting QB for over half the season. Sheesh, given all of that, I think the dropoff in offensive performance is pretty understandable. How many of you would have thought the Chiefs would have a winning record, place higher than Denver in the division, and make the playoffs if you were told that Willie Roaf and John Welbourne were going to retire (or be suspended), Brian Waters would miss a couple of games, Cruz, Svitek, Sampson, Turley, and Dunn would end the season on IR, and Damon Huard was going to be your QB for over half the season? I know I wouldn't have.

Skip Towne
01-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Solari is a product of the Peter Principle

King_Chief_Fan
01-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Herm hamstrung Solari. If we want to can someone after one year, my vote is Herm.

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Solari did what he was told. He learned this offense from Jesus Saunders himself.

HERM screwed up this offense, not Solari.

FringeNC
01-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Solari did what he was told. He learned this offense from Jesus Saunders himself.

Yep. If Solari were fired, the replacement would be worse, possibly much worse.

Redrum_69
01-10-2007, 08:25 AM
FIRE THEM ALL

Iowanian
01-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Would a Shoe store manager who's finanical production dropped from the year before as much as this offensive production be kept for another year?

Cormac
01-10-2007, 08:39 AM
I can't believe this is even a question. Solari was about the best thing about the Chiefs this year. Damon Huard is a marginal back-up and look what Solari was able to do with him, behind a shell of an O-line. It was remarkable. The problem with the offense is that Herm started stripping it down in the pre-season. What we saw in the playoffs was the culmination of Herm's offensive input. All week he spoke about how the "playoffs are different, everything is magnified, blah blah blah". All he achieved was he scared an entire team and it's coaches into not gaining a first down in their first SEVEN possessions. And now he'll probably cite the 3 turnovers as evidence that we were not conservative enough. The guy is a ****stick.

Chiefnj
01-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Solari and Herm should have pulled out the Damon Huard short leash playbook and used it in the second half of the Colts game. Green was getting pressured mercilessly in the first half. It was obvious you couldn't have him taking 5 or 7 step drops because he was getting hit before he could plant his feet.

Fairplay
01-10-2007, 08:43 AM
I can't believe this is even a question. Solari was about the best thing about the Chiefs this year. enough.

If Solari was the best thing to happen to the Chiefs this year that shows what kind of shape we are in. :(

Iowanian
01-10-2007, 08:44 AM
I hope next year, Herman stays the hell out of the offense, regardless of who the OC is...and it Will be Solari.

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Would a Shoe store manager who's finanical production dropped from the year before as much as this offensive production be kept for another year?

Probably not.

But then again, did the district manager tell him at the beginning of the sales year "Whatever you do, DON'T SELL ANY SHOES. It's too risky."

Cormac
01-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Probably not.

But then again, did the district manager tell him at the beginning of the sales year "Whatever you do, DON'T SELL ANY SHOES. It's too risky."

:D

Iowanian
01-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Well, the day after he took the Job, the supplier of the cornerstone shoe stopped distributing to them.

Lzen
01-10-2007, 08:54 AM
This is a tough question. Frankly, I'm not sure how much of the predictable play calling was Solari's doing and how much was Herm's directives. Things better change next season, though. Or I'll be ready to see them both driven off a freakin' cliff. :mad:

milkman
01-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Solari and Herm should have pulled out the Damon Huard short leash playbook and used it in the second half of the Colts game. Green was getting pressured mercilessly in the first half. It was obvious you couldn't have him taking 5 or 7 step drops because he was getting hit before he could plant his feet.

I agree with the overall idea here.

But had the Chiefs actually attempted a few first down PA passes early in the game, that might have relieved some of that pressure.

Dropping back to pass on 3rd and long series after series is beging to get the QB killed, unless you're playing against the Gunt coached Chiefs defense.

Herman ****ing Edwards in the dumb muther ****er that needs his ass canned, and if Solari gets the boot along with him, so be it.

But firing Solari and keeping Herman ****ing Edwards in charge is like pissing on a forest fire.

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Well, the day after he took the Job, the supplier of the cornerstone shoe stopped distributing to them.

True.

Delano
01-10-2007, 09:08 AM

But had the Chiefs actually attempted a few first down PA passes early in the game, that might have relieved some of that pressure.

Dropping back to pass on 3rd and long series after series is beging to get the QB killed, unless you're playing against the Gunt coached Chiefs defense.

Herman ****ing Edwards in the dumb muther ****er that needs his ass canned, and if Solari gets the boot along with him, so be it.

But firing Solari and keeping Herman ****ing Edwards in charge is like pissing on a forest fire.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 09:14 AM

I'd prefer to keep Solari no matter what. Sometimes you have to recognize that a young football mind is being squashed by ineptitude above him...

HemiEd
01-10-2007, 09:14 AM

I agree 100%, see post 29.

milkman
01-10-2007, 09:21 AM
I'd prefer to keep Solari no matter what. Sometimes you have to recognize that a young football mind is being squashed by ineptitude above him...

I would actually like to see how Solari develops, but I'd willingly sacrifice him in the interest of getting Herman ****ing Edwards out of KC.

Of course, in the big picture of things, Herman ****ing Edwards is just another symptom of the real sickness.

FAX
01-10-2007, 09:25 AM
I would actually like to see how Solari develops, but I'd willingly sacrifice him in the interest of getting Herman ****ing Edwards out of KC.

Of course, in the big picture of things, Herman ****ing Edwards is just another symptom of the real sickness.

You're right, Mr. milkman. This demented conspiracy goes all the way to the top.

In fact, as I think about it, this whole situation is a lot like that movie where the two guys wake up in the warehouse chained to the wall and don't remember how they got there and everytime they try something things just keep getting worse until one guy cuts off his own foot.

FAX

patteeu
01-10-2007, 09:39 AM

Apparently Solari isn't THAT predictable since even after the fact, some people have trouble "predicting" what kind of first down plays he called.

In the first 7 series, all of which were 3 and out, Solari called 4 run plays and 3 pass plays. The Chiefs passed on their 2nd, 5th, and 6th first downs of the game. First down was NOT a predictable down for the Chiefs and Solari.

If there was anything that was predictable, in retrospect (ironically), it was that the Chiefs ran the ball on 7 out of 7 of those 2nd down plays. They also passed on 7 out of 7 of the 3rd downs, but since most of those were clear passing downs, the predictability isn't so disturbing, at least to me.

patteeu
01-10-2007, 09:41 AM
You're right, Mr. milkman. This demented conspiracy goes all the way to the top.

In fact, as I think about it, this whole situation is a lot like that movie where the two guys wake up in the warehouse chained to the wall and don't remember how they got there and everytime they try something things just keep getting worse until one guy cuts off his own foot.

FAX

I blame ChiefsPlanet. Last week, the general consensus here seemed to be that we should run the ball down the Colts throats and refuse to give up on the run. Obviously, the Chiefs were listening to all of us keyboard experts. :)

milkman
01-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Apparently Solari isn't THAT predictable since even after the fact, some people have trouble "predicting" what kind of first down plays he called.

In the first 7 series, all of which were 3 and out, Solari called 4 run plays and 3 pass plays. The Chiefs passed on their 2nd, 5th, and 6th first downs of the game. First down was NOT a predictable down for the Chiefs and Solari.

If there was anything that was predictable, in retrospect (ironically), it was that the Chiefs ran the ball on 7 out of 7 of those 2nd down plays. They also passed on 7 out of 7 of the 3rd downs, but since most of those were clear passing downs, the predictability isn't so disturbing, at least to me.

I know, as I'm sure most do, that there were actually some dink passes thrown on first down.

The point is, first down is a down he should have used to stretch the defense to loosen them up.

Little dinks don't accomplish that.

FAX
01-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I blame ChiefsPlanet. Last week, the general consensus here seemed to be that we should run the ball down the Colts throats and refuse to give up on the run. Obviously, the Chiefs were listening to all of us keyboard experts. :)

Point, Mr. patteeu. I, too, feel a sense of responsibility. I wish I could have done more better.

FAX

Chiefnj
01-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Solari should step down and find a job as an OL coach for a different team.

He's being set up as the fall guy. There is either one of two things happening: (a) Herm has kept his hands off the offense and Solari is a complete idiot, or (b) Herm has mandated certain plays from the playbook and Solari is handcuffed. In either case, the Chiefs offense is going to suffer and fail and the finger will be pointed at Solari and he will be the scapegoat.

If Herm is telling the truth that it's the same offense and he hasn't touched it, then next year we are set up for a collosal failure. That means Solari was a failure this year with his own system. Herm wants a new system next year which means Solari has to work with something completely foreign to him. Talk about growing pains.

patteeu
01-10-2007, 10:04 AM
I know, as I'm sure most do, that there were actually some dink passes thrown on first down.

The point is, first down is a down he should have used to stretch the defense to loosen them up.

Little dinks don't accomplish that.

Were there a lot of people around here last week saying we should open up the offense and go downfield early in that game because I don't remember many of those suggestions?

BIG_DADDY
01-10-2007, 10:05 AM
They should both be fired.

Mr. Laz
01-10-2007, 10:07 AM
not unless you gonna fire Herman Edwards too.

remember the beginning of the year when we came out throwing and got a late turnover that hurt our chance to win?

Herman bitched about it in a new conference ... since then we went into martyball mode.

Solari was doing what Herm wanted him to do.

Brock
01-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Were there a lot of people around here last week saying we should open up the offense and go downfield early in that game because I don't remember many of those suggestions?

I think it pretty much goes without saying that 9 men in the box means you are being invited to throw downfield.

FAX
01-10-2007, 10:15 AM

Prior to the big game, I believed that, because of all the hype around "LJ vs. The Worst Run D In History" thing, that we should come out slinging the ball. Then again, I like slinging the ball so I would probably say that anyway.

Nevertheless, Sun Tzu was right when he said, "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." These are wise words from a long-dead Chinese guy. We did the opposite which is a little disconcerting.

By the way, it should be remembered that there is the pass ... and then there is the pass. 3 yard dinks on 3rd and 7 have a completely different effect on a defense than passes where you stretch the field a little. And, since our oline can't block a dress pattern, the time to do that is when the enemy is least expecting it. I guess this doesn't fit our new mold, though.

FAX

milkman
01-10-2007, 10:16 AM

There were a few posts that said we should use the PA pass because the Colts were going to stack the box.

The gameplan should have been to run LJ right at them, but that doesn't mean you don't throw in a few passes to keep them honest.

And when they put everyone in the box but the defnsive staff, then you have to take a shot or three.

J Diddy
01-10-2007, 10:22 AM
They should both be fired.

I should be fired too

wutamess
01-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Hell NO!

1st year from lineman coach to OC.
Big step.
Who else you gonna get to come in here and produce results.

HERM is the one that got mad at Solari for passing too much. What else do you expect to see out of Solari if the Head coach has a leash on him?

Not Solari's fault. This one's on Herm.