PDA

View Full Version : LT i got the answer

Fruit Ninja
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
wont happen, but Think We can somehow snatch Levi Jones?

Cinci would probably Franchise him if anything,but his contract is up.

milkman
01-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Keep searching for the answer.

SNR
01-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Who?

Fruit Ninja
01-10-2007, 10:11 AM
He's a whole hell of alot better then Black.

milkman
01-10-2007, 10:18 AM
He's a whole hell of alot better then Black.

He's a solid LT, but the Bengals aren't going to let him get away, hence the suggestion to keep searching.

crazycoffey
01-10-2007, 10:22 AM
but I like the proactive post, at least trying to open a discussion on who could be available.

Keep up the good work.

el borracho
01-10-2007, 10:44 AM
The Bengals will franchise him and we won't have any trade ammo after Carl sens our 1st and 3rd to the Jets for Pennington.

Stinger
01-10-2007, 10:47 AM
but I like the proactive post, at least trying to open a discussion on who could be available.

Keep up the good work.

BS!!!!! This is a Chiefs Message Board ... we only speculate on who is not available or attainable.

Get with the program..... :p

:D

crazycoffey
01-10-2007, 10:50 AM
The Bengals will franchise him and we won't have any trade ammo after Carl sens our 1st and 3rd to the Jets for Pennington.

D'OH!!
http://images-partners.google.com/images?q=tbn:MmIaTpYSdZTIqM:blog.kir.com/archives/homer-simpson.jpg

Reerun_KC
01-10-2007, 10:51 AM

And or 4th and 5th to the Pats for Vinny T!

Mecca
01-10-2007, 10:58 AM
He's actually really really good but.......I'm 99% sure he signed a new contract during the season.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Found it....

On July 25, 2006, Jones signed a six year, $40 million contract extension with the Bengals.

Fruit Ninja
01-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Thought i heard just a few week sago that he was a unrestricted Free agent. Damn announcers must have lied.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Thought i heard just a few week sago that he was a unrestricted Free agent. Damn announcers must have lied.

Teams just don't let their Tackles get away........that's why when looking back the Tait thing was such a huge blunder.

crazycoffey
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
BS!!!!! This is a Chiefs Message Board ... we only speculate on who is not available or attainable.

Get with the program..... :p

:D

OK, well then i'm feeling spunky;

what about carson palmer, heard we can get him, levi jones and chad johnson (ocho cinco) all for LJ.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
OK, well then i'm feeling spunky;

what about carson palmer, heard we can get him, levi jones and chad johnson (ocho cinco) all for LJ.

We could have had Chad Johnson.......but our genius front office picked Sylvester Morris instead.

Fruit Ninja
01-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Teams just don't let their Tackles get away........that's why when looking back the Tait thing was such a huge blunder.
Well "some" do, thats how we got Roaf. Well not the exact same way, but they ****ed up and let him go.

i mean even if his contract was up, as i first started they probalby wouldn't let him get away anyways. Then again, sometimes you never know.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Well "some" do, thats how we got Roaf. Well not the exact same way, but they ****ed up and let him go.

i mean even if his contract was up, as i first started they probalby wouldn't let him get away anyways. Then again, sometimes you never know.

They took a calculated risk with Roaf....he was a 30 year old lineman that blew out his knee. We gave them a 3rd rounder for him, so they did get something for him.

It wasn't same as us just choosing to not resign a Tackle who wasn't even 30 yet.....

scott free
01-10-2007, 11:13 AM
What is Orlando Pace's current status???

Knows the system, could slide in no questions asked.

Also, his STL line coach is here now.

I like to dream...

crazycoffey
01-10-2007, 11:13 AM
We could have had Chad Johnson.......but our genius front office picked Sylvester Morris instead.

again I have only this to say;

D'OH!!
http://images-partners.google.com/images?q=tbn:MmIaTpYSdZTIqM:blog.kir.com/archives/homer-simpson.jpg

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I admit at the time I probably didn't think anything of it. We needed a WR, and the "Cat" was our guy. Oh, the promise and let down cycle, curses!

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:14 AM

I like to dream...

He signed a new contract 2 years ago that involved close to a 20 million dollar bonus which means.....he's going nowhere.

scott free
01-10-2007, 11:15 AM
He signed a new contract 2 years ago that involved close to a 20 million dollar bonus which means.....he's going nowhere.

DRAT!!!

el borracho
01-10-2007, 11:16 AM
And or 4th and 5th to the Pats for Vinny T!
I think Peterless already gave away our 4th for Bennet.

crazycoffey
01-10-2007, 11:19 AM

I like to dream...
http://search.aol.com/aolcom/redir?src=image&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trevwilliams.co.uk%2Fmetips%2Fimages%2Fcartoons%2Fsleep.jpg&moduleId=stgD_image_details.jsp.M&clickedItemDescription=Image Details

me too, dream on, dream on

Oh hey mr pace, you sure look good in red, you sweet sweet big man......lZZZZZZZZZ

milkman
01-10-2007, 11:22 AM

Sly is a perfect example of Carl's overall draft strategy.

Rather than selecting the best player available based on the scouting department's evaluation, he selects the player that the head coach (in this case, Gunt at the time) has a hard on for.

It's a failed draft strategy.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Sly is a perfect example of Carl's overall draft strategy.

Rather than selecting the best player available based on the scouting department's evaluation, he selects the player that the head coach (in this case, Gunt at the time) has a hard on for.

It's a failed draft strategy.

I was really really pissed that year, I saw a ton of Oregon State being a USC fan and I knew both those WR's CJ and Housh would be good NFL guys and Cincy picked them both and we didn't pick either when we had a shot at Chad and TJ was a 7th rounder........

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2007, 12:19 PM

Morris was a 2000 pick, Johnson in 2001.

El Jefe
01-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Levi Jones isnt available, he signed a contract earlier this year. It was a huge day in Ohio when they had Jones and Big Willie signed to long deals.

Warrior5
01-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Anyone have any info on Leonard Davis (Cards)?

TrickyNicky
01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Anyone have any info on Leonard Davis (Cards)?
Underskilled and overpaid? I think his contract this year was something like 8 mill. and the cards are going to have to unload him. I wouldn't mind signing him as a RT if he took a huge paycut, but paying him anything close to his current numbers is like giving Ryan Sims a huge new contract this year.

scott free
01-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Underskilled and overpaid? I think his contract this year was something like 8 mill. and the cards are going to have to unload him. I wouldn't mind signing him as a RT if he took a huge paycut, but paying him anything close to his current numbers is like giving Ryan Sims a huge new contract this year.

I agree, he could possibly be great for a power attack at RT, but he's just too darn big to stay with top pass rushers.

I certainly wouldnt complain to see him at RT, that would let us give Terry a look at LT. He's more the proper size & has far quicker feet.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I agree, he could possibly be great for a power attack at RT, but he's just too darn big to stay with top pass rushers.

I certainly wouldnt complain to see him at RT, that would let us give Terry a look at LT. He's more the proper size & has far quicker feet.

That sounds like a pretty good plan, bc the draft isnt stacked with offensive tackle position.

scott free
01-10-2007, 12:53 PM
That sounds like a pretty good plan, bc the draft isnt stacked with offensive tackle position.

Yep, the more i think about it, the more i like it. Him & Welbourn on the right side would create a Wall of Maul.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Yep, the more i think about it, the more i like it. Him & Welbourn on the right side would create a Wall of Maul.

It doesn't sound too bad, I want to get younger but the options are pretty limted, the draft is loaded with WR's and that would be a good route to go IMO.

KC Jones
01-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Leonard Davis hasn't lived up to his billing, but he's not a bad tackle. He has untapped potential, but I don't know enough about him to say if he's another Sims/Siavii, or if he'll continue to develop and become the dominant tackle he has the potential to be. He's the top OT available in FA IMO.

scott free
01-10-2007, 01:09 PM
It doesn't sound too bad, I want to get younger but the options are pretty limted, the draft is loaded with WR's and that would be a good route to go IMO.

Agreed, Davis isnt getting any younger but he's got awhile before he's over the hill. Its gonna take some real creativity to upgrade the line this year & with proper coaching (which i doubt he got in Az) he could be a solid pick-up.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Davis is more suited to be a guard than a tackle...

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Davis is more suited to be a guard than a tackle...

True, but who out in free agency or the draft could we get for OT? WR or DT or even LB is a better bet in the draft.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Morris was a 2000 pick, Johnson in 2001.

Ok you're right.......I however do remember going balistic than we picked him instead of Keith Bulluck and Darren Howard. Got my years confused there.

2001 is when we traded our entire draft for Green and Vermiel so those years tend to run together on me sometimes.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 01:21 PM
True, but who out in free agency or the draft could we get for OT? WR or DT or even LB is a better bet in the draft.

I think we're gonna be stuck at Tackle.......I just don't see any quick fixes out there this year.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Ok you're right.......I however do remember going balistic than we picked him instead of Keith Bulluck and Darren Howard. Got my years confused there.

2001 is when we traded our entire draft for Green and Vermiel so those years tend to run together on me sometimes.

I was more ticked in 2001, when I found out Detroit traded there 3rd and 4th to move up in the 2nd and got Shaun Rogers. We had 2 third rounders and 2 fourths. Then we took the dud Eric Downing.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 01:23 PM
I was more ticked in 2001, when I found out Detroit traded there 3rd and 4th to move up in the 2nd and got Shaun Rogers. We had 2 third rounders and 2 fourths. Then we took the dud Eric Downing.

I wanted Chris Chambers that year....when he started dropping and got out of the 1st I was like move up you tools.......but no we take Snoop Minnis.

TrickyNicky
01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
So is Svitek legit or what? I know his bio says so, but did anyone see him play in Europe?

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Ahh what could have been, my trade in 01 combined with John Henderson in 02, who I wanted really bad. Dang. Rogers and Henderson as our DTs. I guarantee we would not have had the worst defense in the NFL.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2007, 01:29 PM
So is Svitek legit or what? I know his bio says so, but did anyone see him play in Europe?

I watched him in NFLE he played well, but he struggled in preseason here. He is still a project but I dont think he is a longterm answer at LT.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Ahh what could have been, my trade in 01 combined with John Henderson in 02, who I wanted really bad. Dang. Rogers and Henderson as our DTs. I guarantee we would not have had the worst defense in the NFL.

I've come to the realization......alot of us could have outdrafted the Chiefs, If I made a list of the guys I would have picked it's better than what we have.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2007, 01:31 PM
I've come to the realization......alot of us could have outdrafted the Chiefs, If I made a list of the guys I would have picked it's better than what we have.

Thats true, but you could say that for about every NFL team as well.

FAX
01-10-2007, 01:31 PM
The takeaway I've gotten is that Svitek basically got worn down due to playing the the NFLE then coming into camp.

You want to keep your ass down when you're blocking, but you don't want it to drag.

FAX

Mecca
01-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Thats true, but you could say that for about every NFL team as well.

I don't know if I could have outdrafted most teams......if that were true these people with jobs are really stupid.

The Chiefs just have a really crappy draft record.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't know if I could have outdrafted most teams......if that were true these people with jobs are really stupid.

Its not that they are stupid, draft is just a big crap shoot.

Eric
01-10-2007, 02:25 PM
What about Pitt. Stark's ?

RFA.

Coach
01-10-2007, 02:29 PM

Yeah, but I don't think Tait wanted to be in KC. I think he was buying time, and that big money that he signed when he went to Chicago.

Funny though, after the signing, he restructured his contract after that.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah, but I don't think Tait wanted to be in KC. I think he was buying time, and that big money that he signed when he went to Chicago.

Funny though, after the signing, he restructured his contract after that.

And once again that comes back to Carl Peterson and the way he deals with things........

Coach
01-10-2007, 02:37 PM
And once again that comes back to Carl Peterson and the way he deals with things........

You don't have to remind me, my friend.

scott free
01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
What about Pitt. Stark's ?

RFA.

He's a RT.

KC Jones
01-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Tait didn't want to be in KC from day one. Then, after the :$2500: incident, it was a no brainer that he was leaving.

LJ also didn't want to be in KC, and maybe Herm can repair the relationship but I think he can't wait to hit the open market and go to a bigger metro area where he can live out his 'supasta' dream. He wants to be in the limelight in some place like NY and be an NFL hip hop icon.

Chris Meck
01-10-2007, 05:08 PM
we probably need two tackles, unless the team thinks Terry is the answer at RT.

Black may still be a guard, but I don't think he's very good in space.