PDA

View Full Version : AMBER ALERT! Missouri Teenager abducted!

Dartgod
01-10-2007, 09:43 AM
This was sent to me by my wife. Since it is a Missouri boy (Franklin County) that was abducted, I thought I should post it here. You never know, someone might have seen him.

http://www.missingkids.com/photographs/NCMC1061222c1.jpg

WILLIAM BENJAMIN OWNBY
Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Dec 6, 1993
Sex: Male
Missing Date: Jan 8, 2007
Race: White
Age Now: 13
Height: 4'10" (147 cm)
Missing City: BEAUFORT
Weight: 100 lbs (45 kg)
Missing State : MO
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC1061222
Circumstances: William was last seen getting off his school bus at 3:30 p.m. A white Nissan pick-up truck with Missouri plates was seen in the area at the time. The truck, a 1992-2000 model with Nissan written on the upper right side of the rear tail gate, had rust and damage on the right rear passenger side, a camper shell, no hubcaps and a trailer hitch with no ball. It may have a ladder rack. William was last seen wearing blue jeans, a Saint Louis Rams windbreaker and carrying a backpack. He may go by Ben.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&LanguageCountry=en_US&searchLang=en_US&caseLang=en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1061222&seqNum=1

Redrum_69
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Why did you wait for two days to post this?

crazycoffey
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Yeah, they've been broadcasting this all day yesterday, wish I could find the twisted bastard that would do something like this.

Well, just hope someone does.

ChiefButthurt
01-10-2007, 09:48 AM
This was sent to me by my wife. Since it is a Missouri boy (Franklin County) that was abducted, I thought I should post it here. You never know, someone might have seen him.

http://www.missingkids.com/photographs/NCMC1061222c1.jpg

WILLIAM BENJAMIN OWNBY
Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Dec 6, 1993
Sex: Male
Missing Date: Jan 8, 2007
Race: White
Age Now: 13
Height: 4'10" (147 cm)
Missing City: BEAUFORT
Weight: 100 lbs (45 kg)
Missing State : MO
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC1061222
Circumstances: William was last seen getting off his school bus at 3:30 p.m. A white Nissan pick-up truck with Missouri plates was seen in the area at the time. The truck, a 1992-2000 model with Nissan written on the upper right side of the rear tail gate, had rust and damage on the right rear passenger side, a camper shell, no hubcaps and a trailer hitch with no ball. It may have a ladder rack. William was last seen wearing blue jeans, a Saint Louis Rams windbreaker and carrying a backpack. He may go by Ben.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&LanguageCountry=en_US&searchLang=en_US&caseLang=en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1061222&seqNum=1

Damn, they have all that information and NO license plate number? :hmmm:

Dartgod
01-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Why did you wait for two days to post this?
I just heard about it.

Shouldn't you be off abusing someone's mother?

Redrum_69
01-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I just heard about it.

Shouldn't you be off abusing someone's mother?

No...not when I'm busy with yours under my cubicle like a stuffed sock monkey

StcChief
01-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Wondering about his friend the 15 yo. that drives?

Scorp
01-10-2007, 10:33 AM
That reminds me of a joke I just heard.

What do you get when you staple a dead baby to a tree?

A boner!
Yeah it is a sick twisted joke........my friends are such.

StcChief
01-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Just announced on FOX STL.... Boys found ALIVE in Kirkwood.MO

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/

DMAC
01-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Whoa, the FBI stormed a house up there and found Ownby plus another kid missing since 02...crazy!

RJ
01-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Great that they found him. I can't imagine how messed up the other boy must be after 5 years. You know this story will be sick when the details come out.

Baby Lee
01-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Process server serving a subpoena on an unrelated matter in the apartment complex saw the Nissan p/u. Started knocking on doors.
What a relief. Great start to the weekend.

Simply Red
01-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Whoa, the FBI stormed a house up there and found Ownby plus another kid missing since 02...crazy!

Excellent work Dartgod!

siberian khatru
01-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Thank God.

That story was really bothering me. I've got an 11-year-old, this kid kinda reminds me of my son.

Donger
01-12-2007, 04:15 PM
That's great news. Hopefully the perp was shot multiple times trying to evade capture?

Skip Towne
01-12-2007, 04:17 PM
No...not when I'm busy with yours under my cubicle like a stuffed sock monkey
So you're a cube dweller?

Dartgod
01-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Excellent work Dartgod!
Heh. I can't take credit for anything. I just saw this on the news and was going to bump this thread.

The parents of the 13 year old have got to be relieved, but can you imagine what the parents of the other boy are going through? You know after 4 years they probably assumed he was dead and now this. It's just unimaginable.

FAX
01-12-2007, 04:24 PM
So, they're saying they found another boy who was abducted 4 years ago!

Good god. I think that's the strangest story I've ever heard. Kudos to the process server. Amazing.

FAX

Fried Meat Ball!
01-12-2007, 04:59 PM
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/kshb/nw_local_news/article/0,1925,KSHB_9424_5276103,00.html

BEAUFORT, Mo. (AP) Authorities on Friday found a 13-year-old boy who has been missing since Monday and another boy who has been missing since 2002 alive in a suburban St. Louis home.

Sheriff Gary Toelke said Ben Ownby and Shawn Hornbeck, 15, were found in a Kirkwood home belonging to Michael Devlin, 41. Devlin has been charged with one count of first-degree kidnapping.

Franklin County Prosecutor Robert Parks said more charges are likely to follow.

Toelke said Hornbeck identified himself to authorities when found at the home in Kirkwood.

Ben was last seen Monday, when he stepped off his school bus. The straight-A student and Boy Scout was last seen running the few hundred feet down a gravel road to his home.

Hornbeck disappeared from his home in rural Washington County in 2002, when he was 11. He went for a bike ride and never returned.

Toelke said both boys appeared unharmed. Ownby has been reunited with his family, and the Hornbeck's parents were coming to meet their son in Union, the Franklin County seat, Toelke said.

OnTheWarpath58
01-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Here's a longer story.......unbelievable.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/missouristatenews/story/EED72841D131FE0A86257261001214F9?OpenDocument

Phobia
01-12-2007, 05:40 PM
That's more information that you guys had on your 6:00 newscast, FMB.

FWIW, he does not appear on the Missouri Sex Offenders list. Hopefully he simply took the boys because he likes to have somebody inhouse mow his lawn.

crazycoffey
01-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Scary and it was in my neighborhood, you never know what sicko you live by, work with, see at the store, marry, post your picture to on the chief planet BB...etc.

RJ
01-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I can't imagine it's going to be like for the Hoernbeck boy and his family to be reunited. This is a very strange story. it will probably be a long time before they achieve anything approaching normalcy.

crazycoffey
01-12-2007, 05:55 PM
I can't imagine it's going to be like for the Hoernbeck boy and his family to be reunited. This is a very strange story. it will probably be a long time before they achieve anything approaching normalcy.

oh man, you think you acted crazy or stupid in college, this kid is never going to be normal

DaFace
01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Scary and it was in my neighborhood, you never know what sicko you live by, work with, see at the store, marry, post your picture to on the chief planet BB...etc.

I truly don't mean for this to be a downer, but I hadn't posted anything yet about this, and I just have to agree with what CC said. Some of you may have heard about Jodi Sanderholm. She was a 19-year old in my home town. She came up missing a week ago, and the news wasn't uplifting in the end. I graduated with her brother and went to elementary school with her killer. It's a little mind numbing.

Cochise
01-12-2007, 06:30 PM
This is great news. It seems so rare that these stories have a happy ending.

Phobia
01-12-2007, 06:37 PM
I truly don't mean for this to be a downer, but I hadn't posted anything yet about this, and I just have to agree with what CC said. Some of you may have heard about Jodi Sanderholm. She was a 19-year old in my home town. She came up missing a week ago, and the news wasn't uplifting in the end. I graduated with her brother and went to elementary school with her killer. It's a little mind numbing.
Sorry to hear it, dude. That would blow my mind.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-12-2007, 08:58 PM
That's more information that you guys had on your 6:00 newscast, FMB.

FWIW, he does not appear on the Missouri Sex Offenders list. Hopefully he simply took the boys because he likes to have somebody inhouse mow his lawn.
That's the beauty of the internet... the print versions always get to have more information than you can fit into a 30-second VOSOT.

Halfcan
01-12-2007, 09:06 PM
That's great news. Hopefully the perp was shot multiple times in the nuts trying to evade capture?

fixed your post

RP_McMurphy
01-12-2007, 09:14 PM
This is why I think all child molesters should recieve life sentences. They do it once and they will do it over and over again. We will find out many horrible things that happened to these poor children.

Halfcan
01-12-2007, 09:16 PM

Yep that is why I take and pick up my kids from the bus stop everyday.

Nightwish
01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
I just saw this story on the news. Amazing! They're also talking to Devlin about a couple other missing kids from this area. Although this guy wasn't a cultist, as far as I know, I can't help but think about the Elizabeth Smart case, especially wrt to how the Hornbeck boy is going to have to readjust to life again.

KCFalcon59
01-12-2007, 10:47 PM
This is why I think all child molesters should recieve life sentences. They do it once and they will do it over and over again. We will find out many horrible things that happened to these poor children.

**** that. He deserves the death penalty.

boogblaster
01-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Nut-hooks..log-chain..Boog's pick-up..50 mile drag..case closed....

Easy 6
01-13-2007, 07:38 AM
**** that. He deserves the death penalty.

Yep, scrambling some kids mind for life is almost as bad as killing them. In a way, i'm sure what happened to them did kill them inside in many ways.

I hope the gaurds at the prison he goes to give the other inmates cart blanche with this guy, there is simply nothing worse than abusing kids.