PDA

View Full Version : Royals Baseball

God of Thunder
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Anyone here really excited for Royals Baseball season to start? I hope we have a good/decent team this year.

PinkFloyd
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm ready !!! I just hope Buddy doesn't pull a Herm and allow a pitcher to get shelled for 15 runs and 30 hits after the first inning and not pull him !!

:p

Deberg_1990
01-10-2007, 05:44 PM
WHy is Buddy Bell returning? Dude hasnt proven one thing as a major league manager.

PinkFloyd
01-10-2007, 05:50 PM
WHy is Buddy Bell returning? Dude hasnt proven one thing as a major league manager.

The Royals and Chiefs have a binding agreement with the KC city council that all citizens of the metro area must suffer at least 4 years with the same coach... It's kinda like getting elected --- you have 4 years to serve no matter how bad you suck !!!

nychief
01-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Meche
Perez
Hudson
Bannister
Grienke

Deberg_1990
01-10-2007, 06:08 PM
The Royals and Chiefs have a binding agreement with the KC city council that all citizens of the metro area must suffer at least 4 years with the same coach... It's kinda like getting elected --- you have 4 years to serve no matter how bad you suck !!!

Buddy Bell makes me long for the days of Tony Muser..

Cochise
01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Buddy Bell makes me long for the days of Tony Muser..

Did you see the second half of last year? Once the Baird pall was lifted over the organization, things improved in dramatic fashion.

I don't agree with every move he makes but this is a guy being sent into a gunfight without a whole lot of bullets. I didn't agree with everything Pena did. I didn't agree with anything Muser did. But they are the manager. That's why they are in the dugout and I'm in the seats pounding bratwurst.

Bell's record isn't good, but he's never had a glut of talent either. Let's see what he can do with some players. I think the team is headed in the right direction. Why change that now? Team chemistry is a big deal in baseball.

J Diddy
01-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Did you see the second half of last year? Once the Baird pall was lifted over the organization, things improved in dramatic fashion.

I don't agree with every move he makes but this is a guy being sent into a gunfight without a whole lot of bullets. I didn't agree with everything Pena did. I didn't agree with anything Muser did. But they are the manager. That's why they are in the dugout and I'm in the seats pounding bratwurst.

Bell's record isn't good, but he's never had a glut of talent either. Let's see what he can do with some players. I think the team is headed in the right direction. Why change that now? Team chemistry is a big deal in baseball.

he said pounding bratwurst

Deberg_1990
01-10-2007, 06:29 PM

He probably deserves one more year....we shall see.........

One thing that is critical is for this team is to come out of the gates (April,May) sitting at least at .500

It seems we always fall behind so fast so early....

PinkFloyd
01-10-2007, 07:28 PM

I think Buddy will be allowed to see what he can do within 2 more -- maybe 3 years... I believe Moore will try to get Gordon and Butler up to the Royals within a resonable time frame --- possibly and probably this year... I think Moore will let Buddy see what he can accomplish with these two guy's and the others on the team... If they can produce a winning -- or even .500 club with these guys --- Buddy might be here for even a longer time...

There's not alot of other coaches who would want to come here anyway... I think with Moore here --- things are about to change...

Oh yeah --- some people said the Chiefs are closer to winning a Super Bowl than the Royals winning a World Series... I think it's the other way around...

PinkFloyd
01-10-2007, 07:28 PM
He probably deserves one more year....we shall see.........

One thing that is critical is for this team is to come out of the gates (April,May) sitting at least at .500

It seems we always fall behind so fast so early....

Exactly... We can't be 15-20 games out at the end of May...

Cochise
01-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah --- some people said the Chiefs are closer to winning a Super Bowl than the Royals winning a World Series... I think it's the other way around...

If baseball had the competitive balance that football has, definitely.

PinkFloyd
01-10-2007, 07:46 PM
If baseball had the competitive balance that football has, definitely.

Plus; the Royals have Dayton Moore... The Chiefs have Carl Peterson...

Enough said....

homey
01-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Royals will win 80 games.

PinkFloyd
01-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Royals will win 80 games.

I think with the addition of the new pitchers --- and if Gordon and Butler start the year here --- I think we can surprise people and win 85-90...

We HAVE to be 5-10 games above .500 or even better though at the break... WE HAVE TOO !!!

leviw
01-10-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't have high expectations. I'll be ecstatic with 80 wins.

I've been saying since Moore's hiring last year: The Royals win the Central in 2008.

Jenson71
01-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Anyone here really excited for Royals Baseball season to start?

Every year, baby, every year. When's JoPo's "I may be crazy, but I just have a feeling this is going to be our year" article coming out? I love it.

beavis
01-10-2007, 08:10 PM
I think with the addition of the new pitchers --- and if Gordon and Butler start the year here --- I think we can surprise people and win 85-90...
Seriously... there comes a point where recreational drug use becomes an addiction.

tk13
01-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm excited for the season. It should be fun, I have no idea what to expect because the pitching staff is 180 degrees different than even 6 months ago. If we can just start working back to a respectable ERA we can win some games.

DeezNutz
01-10-2007, 08:31 PM
One of the things I'm most interested to see, beyond the anticipated arrival of Gordon, is whether Teahen is able to maintain his second-half form. Dude was a stud, wasn't he? Is he the next victim of the sophomore jinx?

I realize he's not a true sophomore, but the Royals have a recurring theme of players going from great to terrible in a matter of micro-seconds. Look no further than our SS.

Coach
01-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Royals trade away Keppinger get Russ Haltiwanger - 22 years old.

Royals.com (http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070110&content_id=1776683&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc)Infielder Jeff Keppinger was traded Wednesday to the Cincinnati Reds. In return, the Royals received Minor League pitcher Russ Haltiwanger.
Keppinger was designated for assignment by the Royals on Jan. 2.

Haltiwanger, 22, is a right-hander who pitched in Class A last season. He appeared in 40 games for Dayton in the Midwest League and was 0-4 with a 4.15 ERA. Finishing the season with Sarasota, he made one start in the Florida State League.

Cochise
01-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Royals trade away Keppinger get Russ Haltiwanger - 22 years old.

Royals.com (http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070110&content_id=1776683&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc)

turning Ruben Gotay into a 22 year old pitcher sounds good, even if he is a longshot.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Somewhere Allard Baird cries and speaks of Gotays potential.

Coach
01-10-2007, 08:57 PM
turning Ruben Gotay into a 22 year old pitcher sounds good, even if he is a longshot.

Heh, if the Royals hadn't dealt Keppinger by the 13th, he would have become a free agent.

So at least they got something in return.

wilas101
01-10-2007, 09:02 PM
He appeared in 40 games for Dayton in the Midwest League

This is rather off topic but I'm wondering if anyone here has seen any games in Dayton. I saw one a couple years ago... thats a damned nice ballpark they have.

Deberg_1990
01-10-2007, 09:11 PM
TheRoyals have a recurring theme of players going from great to terrible in a matter of micro-seconds. Look no further than our SS.

Jose Rosado, Bob Hamlein, Carlos Febles....the list is endless...

DeezNutz
01-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Jose Rosado, Bob Hamlein, Carlos Febles....the list is endless...

and painful. :shake:

DeezNutz
01-10-2007, 09:17 PM
But I will say this. Teahen's approach at the plate suggests that he might break this cycle. He's not the Hammer or Harvey. These fatties had huge holes in their swings. Teahen's swing, however, is quick and compact, and this makes me hopeful...

tk13
01-10-2007, 09:22 PM
But I will say this. Teahen's approach at the plate suggests that he might break this cycle. He's not the Hammer or Harvey. These fatties had huge holes in their swings. Teahen's swing, however, is quick and compact, and this makes me hopeful...
He also has much, much better plate discipline.

DeezNutz
01-10-2007, 09:26 PM
He also has much, much better plate discipline.

Agreed. And this point can't be stressed enough. The lack of plate discipline is the single biggest reason why I can't stand Berroa. Breaking balls low and off the plate = out. Every single F'ing time. :cuss:

BWillie
01-10-2007, 09:27 PM

Buddy Bell is just here until we develop into a real team, then it's the Frank White dynasty. Buddy should be around for another year, before he gets the boot when Greinke, Teahen, Gordon, Butler, and all those guys come into their own.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I don't mind Bell back at all. The team played alot better the 2nd half. I think this year will be alot of fun and you def. dont know what will happen. I am real hopeful to see Gordon and Butler up sometime.

cookster50
01-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Bell's record isn't good, but he's never had a glut of talent either. Let's see what he can do with some players.

So you are saying he now has the players to win? I don't care who you are, that there is funny!

petegz28
01-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I think Bell is just fine and couldn't stand Muser.

Cochise
01-11-2007, 12:19 PM
So you are saying he now has the players to win? I don't care who you are, that there is funny!

Well, no, I didn't say that at all.

I mean, WHEN he does. I didn't say he does right now.

petegz28
01-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Well, no, I didn't say that at all.

I mean, WHEN he does. I didn't say he does right now.

I'll say it. No one was going to win with Affeldt and Grienke as their star ptichers

petegz28
01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
What is the story on Redman? Are we not bringing him back?

Pitt Gorilla
01-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I am ready for some Royals baseball. I'll probably purchase the mlb radio thing again this year.

petegz28
01-11-2007, 01:45 PM
I am ready for some Royals baseball. I'll probably purchase the mlb radio thing again this year.

I will too. Plus got a 21 game packe....section 106 should be a fun season