PDA

View Full Version : How it should have ended

Guru
01-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Don't know how many of you may have discovered this site but I found these shorts to be pretty amusing.

http://www.howitshouldhaveended.com/movie%20list.html

Star Wars, LoTR and Superman were the most amusing.

suds79
01-10-2007, 08:27 PM
lol. The Star Wars was priceless.

I love to they improvised to get the rebel base in range. lol

Deberg_1990
01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
The ending to Se7en was pretty good too. I really dig the animation style.

FAX
01-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Dang. I can't get this one to work either.

How unfortunate.

FAX

Count Alex's Wins
01-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Someone really needs to put all these into a feature-length film.

Count Alex's Wins
01-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Holy shit...the Matrix one is hilarious.

The voice acting on these is great, too.

FAX
01-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I have an idea.

1. We charge advertisers like Pepsi, IBM, Dell, Wolferman's English Muffins, etc. to pay us money.

2. We take the money and purchase vanity license plates all over the country like "BUYIBMPCS" and "ILUVPEPSI" and things like that.

3. We put these license plates on the web.

4. We allow people on a first come, first serve basis to secure the rights to the plates at no charge whatsoever. This ensures that the plates get visibility.

5. We pocket the profits and hire lots of young, nubile, blonde Planet Cheerleaders with green eyes and perky breasts to post pictures of themselves on the board.

It will work great if we charge enough to pay for the plates and ample profits based on calculated impressions as people drive their cars. Plus, the people who get the plates will save 100s of dollars on their licenses!

FAX

KC Jones
01-10-2007, 10:31 PM
gee... and I only have to agree to spyware, banners, toolbars, etc to view the videos using the divX plugin. Gee, I think I'll pass on installing that just to watch those videos. Thanks anyway.

Guru
01-10-2007, 10:44 PM
gee... and I only have to agree to spyware, banners, toolbars, etc to view the videos using the divX plugin. Gee, I think I'll pass on installing that just to watch those videos. Thanks anyway.
I use Divx all the time and have never had a problem with any of that. Of course, I have plenty of protection on my computer network too.

KC Jones
01-11-2007, 05:17 AM
I use Divx all the time and have never had a problem with any of that. Of course, I have plenty of protection on my computer network too.

Did you read the EULA when you installed divx? It would also depend how you got it. If it was part of a third party driver it might come with an entirely different agreement.

What I found interesting is that I already have divx codecs, but those movies wouldn't play for me. Instead I was prompted to install another divx player plug-in, and the Eula listed for that one clearly indicated they have the right to use banner ads, track your web browsing, and send you new unnamed software. That's really not my cup of tea.

Here's the agreement sections I found objectionable:

VERSION CHECKING: the Software will perform version checking. During version, checking a list of potential updates will be downloaded from our servers. No personal information will be communicated to Licensor or its affiliates during this process.

BANNERS: the Software will download product banners and/or similar marketing devices from our servers and display them within the Software GUI. A message will be sent to our servers indicating that a banner or similar marketing device has been served. No personal information will be communicated to DivX, Inc. or its affiliates during this process.

SOFTWARE INSTALLATION: Components bundled with the Software may report to Licensor and/or its affiliates the installation status of certain marketing offers, such as toolbars, and also generalized installation information, such as language preference and operating system version, to assist Licensor in its product development. No personal information will be communicated to DivX, Inc. or its affiliates during this process. Licensor may in the future offer additional components (such as a toolbar) through our version checking/update system.

DIVX PLAYER INSTALLATION: During the installation of the DivX Player you may elect the option to send information about your computer system configuration to Licensor. This information is not personally identifiable and is used only to enhance the performance of the DivX Player on typical "DivX user" systems.

For me, these are too permissive and pretty much give them carte blanche to do whatever they want with my system.

Guru
01-11-2007, 05:41 AM
Did you read the EULA when you installed divx? It would also depend how you got it. If it was part of a third party driver it might come with an entirely different agreement.

What I found interesting is that I already have divx codecs, but those movies wouldn't play for me. Instead I was prompted to install another divx player plug-in, and the Eula listed for that one clearly indicated they have the right to use banner ads, track your web browsing, and send you new unnamed software. That's really not my cup of tea.

Here's the agreement sections I found objectionable:

VERSION CHECKING: the Software will perform version checking. During version, checking a list of potential updates will be downloaded from our servers. No personal information will be communicated to Licensor or its affiliates during this process.

BANNERS: the Software will download product banners and/or similar marketing devices from our servers and display them within the Software GUI. A message will be sent to our servers indicating that a banner or similar marketing device has been served. No personal information will be communicated to DivX, Inc. or its affiliates during this process.

SOFTWARE INSTALLATION: Components bundled with the Software may report to Licensor and/or its affiliates the installation status of certain marketing offers, such as toolbars, and also generalized installation information, such as language preference and operating system version, to assist Licensor in its product development. No personal information will be communicated to DivX, Inc. or its affiliates during this process. Licensor may in the future offer additional components (such as a toolbar) through our version checking/update system.

DIVX PLAYER INSTALLATION: During the installation of the DivX Player you may elect the option to send information about your computer system configuration to Licensor. This information is not personally identifiable and is used only to enhance the performance of the DivX Player on typical "DivX user" systems.

For me, these are too permissive and pretty much give them carte blanche to do whatever they want with my system.

sorry you feel that way about it. I was just passing on my experience that it has been seamless and created ZERO problems. I have never even noticed a banner ad on it. Version checking does not bother me at all since it asks you if you want to upgrade and gives me the option to say no. It gives you the option to not install any of the bundled software and ONLY install the codec.

I would say you are missing out on a very good product. But to each their own.