PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Isnt Hermy doing one today? I heard last night he canned the conditioning coaches...that should fix everything.

Coach
01-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Ah, more blame.

Blame, blame, blame!

I was hoping he'd resign.

Bwana
01-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Isnt Hermy doing one today? I heard last night he canned the conditioning coaches...that should fix everything.

Judging from the number of times I saw LJ on the sideline sucking wind after ONE run this season, it sure as hell couldn't hurt.

Zouk
01-11-2007, 11:05 AM

Where did you hear that about the conditioning coaches?

Might John Lott from NFL Network combine coverage fame be coming to town?

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 11:07 AM
On TV News last night...prob ch 5

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 11:47 AM
They just said PRIEST HOLMES is coming back in 2007!!!!!!!!!!

THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 11:51 AM
QB coach is gone too. I guess when your starting qb goes down and the backup comes in and plays ridiculous that it means the qb coach wasnt doing his job. Not the first time shea got hosed.

Zouk
01-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Mike Shula coming to work with Brodie?

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 11:54 AM
is it online

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 11:54 AM
no they replaced shea with dick curl, herm's right hand man, good luck with that one.

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:01 PM
CP: Construction begins in April and will expand practice facility

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:01 PM
3 story building overlooking practice facility

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 12:03 PM
TRENT GREEN TO ANNOUNCE RETIREMENT...but will stay on for conditioning of croyle

DAMON HUARD WANTS TO BE TRADED

CROYLE TO MOVE UP TO STARTING QB IN 2007, PRINTERS WILL BE BACKUP

TONY G REFUSED TO WORK OUT A CONTRACT AND WOULD RATHER BE BENCHED THEN PLAY FOR HERM

more to follow...........

Frosty
QB coach is gone too. I guess when your starting qb goes down and the backup comes in and plays ridiculous that it means the qb coach wasnt doing his job. Not the first time shea got hosed.

Shea was responsible for installing the passing part of the game plan. Either they didn't like what he did or they just aren't going to pass next year.
:)

dirk digler
Tamba Hali is rookie of the year award

LJ Chiefs POY

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 12:05 PM
JORDAN BLACK WILL ATTEND LEFT TACKLE CLASSES DURING THE OFFSEASON AND WILL RETAIN HIS SPOT IN ALL OF 2007...BUT IF HE IS PLAYING BAD...HERM SAYS HE WILL BE REPLACED>>BECAUSE HERM SAYS WINNING IS EVERYTHING IN 2007

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Herm: Doing evaluations now

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 12:07 PM
arent going to pass??? the colts game proves why a running team must be able to pass the ball or else their star rb wont be a star for long.

FAX
TRENT GREEN TO ANNOUNCE RETIREMENT...but will stay on for conditioning of croyle

TONY G REFUSED TO WORK OUT A CONTRACT AND WOULD RATHER BE BENCHED THEN PLAY FOR HERM

Please, Mr. Redrum_69. Don't do that. I'm begging you.

My heart stopped. Really.

FAX

Redrum_69
HERM SAID HIS JOHNSON IS AT ITS BEST WHEN ITS RUNNING INTO TIGHT HOLES

MORE TO FOLLOW>>>>

NewChief
01-11-2007, 12:09 PM

I assume these are joke transcriptions?

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 12:12 PM
GUNTHER IS REQUESTING JORDAN BLACK ALSO TRAIN ON THE DEFENSE FOR A POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT FOR ERIC HICKS.."IF JORDAN CAN ALLOW 13 SACKS...HE MAY BE THE NEXT LAWRENCE TAYLOR IN THE MAKING"

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2007, 12:12 PM
HERM SAID HIS JOHNSON IS AT ITS BEST WHEN ITS RUNNING INTO TIGHT HOLES

MORE TO FOLLOW>>>>
Yes, please stop. Started as funny, getting annoying. Learn when the joke's gone too far.

I've loved most of your posts since you were allowed posting privileges, but this is irritating.

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Trent starter right now but there will be competition

HonestChieffan
Amazing how someone can screw up a thread where you really want to learn something....

FAX
Trent starter right now

Whew.

FAX

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Too many negative plays this year. Very up and down offense and not consistent

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Yes, please stop. Started as funny, getting annoying. Learn when the joke's gone too far.

I've loved most of your posts since you were allowed posting privileges, but this is irritating.

Freedom of Speech...last time I checked I could say what I wanted..just like you have that right..just like everyone else has that right.

I'm not here to win a fu**in fanbase, i dont really care what any of you think of me, so if i irritate...i dont care...if i piss you off because i say shit about your mom being stump broke by every logger in the northwest...i dont care....and if i keep dragging out the herm press conference and you bitch about it...i still wont care.

see a trend here?

FAX
Amazing how someone can screw up a thread where you really want to learn something....

I don't worry about that so much, Mr. HonestChieffan, as I've screwed up many a thread. But, the "Trent Retiring" thing got me. I thought it was true for a second and my heart stopped for a split second. Literally.

It was like shooting a mom joke directly into my left ventricle.

FAX

dirk digler
not concerned about O-Line but they will have to do some things

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't worry about that so much, Mr. HonestChieffan, as I've screwed up many a thread. But, the "Trent Retiring" thing got me. I thought it was true for a second and my heart stopped for a split second. Literally.

It was like shooting a mom joke directly into my left ventricle.

FAX

and thats exactly why i said it

SHOCK VALUE

like if you walked in and seen your mom being the recipient of a cleveland steamer on your kitchen floor

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Freedom of Speech...last time I checked I could say what I wanted..just like you have that right..just like everyone else has that right.

I'm not here to win a fu**in fanbase, i dont really care what any of you think of me, so if i irritate...i dont care...if i piss you off because i say shit about your mom being stump broke by every logger in the northwest...i dont care....and if i keep dragging out the herm press conference and you bitch about it...i still wont care.

see a trend here?
Sure, freedom of speech, but why? Sure you have the choice... I made a polite post to you, so why be a dickhead about it?

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:21 PM
still negotiating with Tony and they could franchise him. They think he still very valuable and still productive.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Sure, freedom of speech, but why? Sure you have the choice... I made a polite post to you, so why be a dickhead about it?

Because if I wasnt saying it..then someone else would have...and it would have been twice as funny

but because i said it...then "omg its irritating" "yeah shuttup" etc

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 12:23 PM
whats going on with the press conference? im out on the east coast and cant see it.

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Youth will be involved in the offense next year. You build your team through the draft

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Because if I wasnt saying it..then someone else would have...and it would have been twice as funny

Disagree... like I said, I've enjoyed most of your posts. If someone else would have done it I would have said the same thing.

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:25 PM
The draft is the key

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Webb will be on the field next year because he is a good football player

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Can you win a championship with the player is the most important criteria

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:27 PM
When things happen you will know if they are a descending player.

They are on the 0-Line right now in terms of evaluations.

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:28 PM
CP: We are in a period of transition

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:29 PM
CP: very pleased with herm and coaching staff

burt
01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
like if you walked in and seen your mom being the recipient of a cleveland steamer on your kitchen floor

Who hasn't...

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 12:31 PM
CP: very pleased with herm and coaching staff

how can you be pleased with the coaching staff when you fire the QB coach? doesnt make sense.

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:31 PM
The biggest change on the O was the change in Coordinator and the injury of the QB

luv
01-11-2007, 12:32 PM
dirk seems to be on a roll.

jAZ
01-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Wha?

FAX
01-11-2007, 12:33 PM
dirk seems to be on a roll.

He's doing an awesome job.

FAX

dirk digler
Herm: Doesn't care about a top 5 offense. He would rather go to the playoffs then having a circus offense

SNAFU
http://www.810whb.com/

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:34 PM
What happened against the Colts was being in the playoffs on the road for the first time since 1994

bkkcoh
01-11-2007, 12:35 PM
The biggest change on the O was the change in Coordinator and the injury of the QB

What about the inconsistency of the Offensive line due to Roaf retiring.....

NewChief
01-11-2007, 12:36 PM
What happened against the Colts was being in the playoffs on the road for the first time since 1994

Wow. That is lame.

Chiefnj
Terry Shea was fired? The guy who developed Green and who had Huard, the backup, playing amazingly when forced to start?

Strength and conditioning coach was fired also? His first year on the job? I can't help but wonder if conditioning problems were a result of club-herm and not the lowly coach.

Redcoats58
I'm so pissed they hired this cluckhead of a head coach.

Frankie

see a trend here?
Freeddom of speech, yes. But there's something called respect. This thread is meant to pass on some legit info. You should respect that and allow the rest of us to benefit from it's intent.

NewChief
01-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Terry Shea was fired? The guy who developed Green and who had Huard, the backup, playing amazingly when forced to start?

Strength and conditioning coach was fired also? His first year on the job? I can't help but wonder if conditioning problems were a result of club-herm and not the lowly coach.

I'm not sure if those are accurate or not. There's a bunch of spoof/joke posts about the presser in this thread as well.

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2007, 12:37 PM
High risk, high reward offense out, tough physical football in (obviously).

Control game, big plays in passing game, no turnovers.

Redcoats58
01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Herm is embarrassing this organization.

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
God... flustrated.

Jesus Christ. Flustrated.

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Herm is embarrassing this organization with words like "flustrated".
FYP.

FAX
01-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Is Herm part Japanese?

FAX

Frankie
01-11-2007, 12:40 PM

There are smilies to use. There's also, as previously mentioned, a limit to a joke's repetition.

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:41 PM
CP: Too early to tell on Priest and Ronnie Cruz

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Your Mom ran out of Coa Coa puffs for you this morning?

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Need some more players on D

Frankie
01-11-2007, 12:43 PM
What?! Willie Roaf and the decline of the O-line didn't count?

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Freeddom of speech, yes. But there's something called respect. This thread is meant to pass on some legit info. You should respect that and allow the rest of us to benefit from it's intent.

Respect?

Since when would some of you know about that???

On the other hand...since when did most of you remove me from ignore?

also...youre telling me you can log on here to this site, but cant watch tv or listen to the radio or liten through the 810 and 610 wbsites live radio for live updats on the conference?

terrysheafanclub
The Hunt Family should be ashamed of Herman Edwards...why are we letting go of the one coach who actually made a difference this year...Terry Shea got this team into the playoffs by getting Huard redy to play and know we are letting him go...I'm done being a chiefs fan until Edwards gets fired

FAX
Herm is basically a crazy, full of shit, Japanese guy, I think.

FAX

Redrum_69
Your Mom ran out of Coa Coa puffs for you this morning?

Wtf is that?

do you mean Cocoa?

NewChief
01-11-2007, 12:46 PM

FAX

Must....resist...urge...to...make....seppuku joke.

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
dude just chill. People don't want parady posts in this thread

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Respect?

also...youre telling me you can log on here to this site, but cant watch tv or listen to the radio or liten through the 810 and 610 wbsites live radio for live updats on the conference?
Some people (not me) aren't allowed by company policy to listen to radio streaming or watch TV online.

You've never been on my ignore, and I don't think I've ever treated you with disrespect.

And I'll take this space to thank you for stopping the joke posts in this thread.

FAX
01-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Respect?

It's all good, Mr. Redrum_69. I've done the same thing you did. I just didn't do it as well.

You scared the crap out of me.

FAX

Redrum_69
There are smilies to use. There's also, as previously mentioned, a limit to a joke's repetition.

Smilies? since when the hell are there "hidden" rules on what you are supposed to post?

You want smilies? FINE

I came so many times in your mom last night that she thought she was seeing Old Faithful :rolleyes: :drool: ROFL ROFL STFU

theres your smilies

Fire Me Boy!

FAX
Yeah... and easily flustrated. ****ing retard.

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Wtf is that?

do you mean Cocoa?

You are being an attention whore and ****ing up this thread.

NewChief
01-11-2007, 12:49 PM
I came so many times in your mom last night that she thought she was seeing Old Faithful :rolleyes: :drool: ROFL ROFL STFU

Not that I'm complaining, but I thought I read somewhere that you were tired of the mom schtick and felt it had gotten stale? (good lord, if I didn't leave myself open for a momma joke there).

luv
01-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Some people (not me) aren't allowed by company policy to listen to radio streaming or watch TV online.

You've never been on my ignore, and I don't think I've ever treated you with disrespect.

And I'll take this space to thank you for stopping the joke posts in this thread.
Was a joke made at your expense? I wouldn't know anything about how that must feel.

morphius
01-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Disagree... like I said, I've enjoyed most of your posts. If someone else would have done it I would have said the same thing.
The dreaded redrum complex, where you believe that everyone is going to gang up on you, or your Mom, so you are ready to battle any request as if it was started with tomahawk missile's instead of words.

Woodrow Call
01-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Webb will be on the field next year because he is a good football player

That's good news. Herm seems focused on the draft and younger players; I like that alot.

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 12:52 PM
dirk use the new one that I created. your getting lost in here among all the red rum crap

Fish
01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
That's good news. Herm seems focused on the draft and younger players; I like that alot.

This is about the only thing I like about Herm at this point....

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 12:54 PM

Terry Shea was an awful head coach at Rutgers. He was even worse as the OC for the Bears in 2004 (the worst offense in the league by yards and points). He was Dick Vermeil's old buddy from California, which is why he was hired.

Shea didn't "develop" Trent Green. Green was "developed" by Cam Cameron, Norv Turner and Mike Martz - all disciples of the Coryell/Zampese offense. Shea had nothing to do with it.

Huard was a succesful backup in Miami and NE long before he came to the Chiefs. To put all this "glory" on Terry Shea is misplaced.

FAX
01-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Why would Herm make a big deal out of a guy using his given name?

Is he completely insane? Did anyone else hear that?

FAX

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Why would Herm make a big deal out of a guy using his given name?

Is he completely insane? Did anyone else hear that?

FAX

No, please elaborate Mr. Fax.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 12:59 PM
The dreaded redrum complex, where you believe that everyone is going to gang up on you, or your Mom, so you are ready to battle any request as if it was started with tomahawk missile's instead of words.

Tomahawk missles?

your mom loves it when i give her my red rocket..

Chiefnj
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Terry Shea was an awful head coach at Rutgers. He was even worse as the OC for the Bears in 2004 (the worst offense in the league by yards and points). He was Dick Vermeil's old buddy from California, which is why he was hired.

Shea didn't "develop" Trent Green. Green was "developed" by Cam Cameron, Norv Turner and Mike Martz - all disciples of the Coryell/Zampese offense. Shea had nothing to do with it.

Huard was a succesful backup in Miami and NE long before he came to the Chiefs. To put all this "glory" on Terry Shea is misplaced.

Shea may very well be the worst college head coach and OC in the history of football. That isn't relevant to his performance as a QB coach in KC.

Did Green put up numbers and play as well as he did in KC when he was in St. Louis or Washington?

If Huard played as well as he did in his games in KC as he did when he was in Miami and his other stints, someone would have given him a chance to win the starting role on another team.

As far as Shea being Dick Vermeil's buddy, that is probably the part that sealed his fate under Herm and why (if all of this is true) he was one of the first ones to be cut and have the finger pointed at.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM

Oh?

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:01 PM
No, please elaborate Mr. Fax.

I clicked on the 810 link after someone posted it, Mr. HemiEd, and the radio came on during a rant by Herm where he was telling some guy in the audience named "Damon" I believe (a press representative) to use that name or some crap like that. I never heard the poor guy's question, but the answer was "Use the name your mom gave you."

I can't explain it any better than that. It was a twilight zone moment.

FAX

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Oh, And, the first caller into the radio show after the presser made a big deal out of making sure that his name "John" was the one his mom gave him.

FAX

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 01:04 PM
I clicked on the 810 link after someone posted it, Mr. HemiEd, and the radio came on during a rant by Herm where he was telling some guy in the audience named "Damon" I believe (a press representative) to use that name or some crap like that. I never heard the poor guy's question, but the answer was "Use the name your mom gave you."

I can't explain it any better than that. It was a twilight zone moment.

FAX

Herm's japaneese upbringing. He does not like the nickname "Damon"

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
I guess being big east coach of the year in 98' means he was awful and then dealing with multiple injuries at rutgers and with the bears which led to his termination at each program. if anyone should be thrown under the bus it shouldnt be shea who helped save the chiefs season by making sure huard was ready to step in and lead the chiefs through the middle part of the season. DANEMCCLOUD just stay in hollywood and worry about the trojans rather than stepping into this forum and pretending to be a chiefs fan.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 01:05 PM

If your mom gave up on being an attention whore at the sperm bank...there would be no you atm

terrysheafanclub
01-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Dane

First of all you are an idiot. Shea was the Big East Coach of the Year while at Rutgers and was named the National Head Coach of the Year two times while in the collegiate ranks.

Second while he was at the Bears he had a top ten NFL offense in the NFL while Grossman was healthy.

No one would disagree that Green had other coaches prior to Shea, but Shea coached Green to a couple of All-Pro appearances.

Why would you let go of one of your best coaches...a guy that brought Damon Huard from being a 10 year back up to a quarterback that helped turn around the Chiefs season. This decision made no sense. Herman Edwards probably just wanted to bring on one of his buddies...It seems to me that Herman Edwards is still the same loser he was in New York.

Stop rationalizing a stupid decision by Herman Edwards it only makes you look like a fool.

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Shea left, and was immediately brought back after getting fired in Chicago. My guess is Green felt really comfortable with the guy...

As for him getting fired, my guess is that he let it be known that he thought the game-plan going into Indy was shit. And it turned out he was right. You can't have people like that around, and Herm shit-canned him.

Herm is one smarmy dude.

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 01:08 PM
If your mom gave up on being an attention whore at the sperm bank...there would be no you atm
ROFL she is 82 and in a care home.

Fire Me Boy!
Was a joke made at your expense? I wouldn't know anything about how that must feel.
No. Just responding to his post.

HonestChieffan
ohh boy Noob fight

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Man, these 810 guys are hammering Herm.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 01:10 PM
That's unfortunate. Shea and Warpaint Illustrated were on good terms. He'd let us do interivews at the drop of a hat.

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:11 PM

FAX

Quotes please...

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:11 PM

FAX

Well they have a point....

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 01:13 PM

FAX

Yep Petro is ripping him for saying "I" about 10000 times.

Herm maybe worse than Gun when it comes to Press Conferences and Interviews

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Quotes please...

Herm says we were consistent for a while, then we weren't ... "that's the definition of inconsistency!"

They just called him an idiot.

Herm didn't have them thinking, he had them laughing.

We need a drinking game and listen to the presser again. Chug, when he says "mama".

Herm managed to tick off CP, Romeo Crenell (sp?), Vermeil, Saunders all in the same conference.

What ring does Herm wear his SB ring on?

FAX

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 01:14 PM
810 is saying you can make a drinking game out of herm's press conference and saying he is an "idiot" and claiming herm edwards basically called saunders and vermeil "stooges"

RedThat
01-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, at least Herm has the "right" idea. Get younger, and build this team through the draft. I like that idea. We better draft well for a change.

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Keep in mind that Shea was more than QB coach. He was in charge of drawing up pass plays. Our passing offense sucked, but it's hard to be effective passing the ball when you only throw it on 3rd and long.

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Herm said that Cleveland is the joke of the league.

Never coached a team to the SB and firing off at Romeo.

Herm took indirect shots at Parcells and Marty, too.

Blasting him about Jets tenure.

O put up record numbers and now being told by Herm that winning terms don't score points.

Herm called the O a "circus". Same team that whizzed on his Jets team.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
01-11-2007, 01:17 PM
It's up on kcchiefs.com if anyone wants to watch it....

aircoryell77
quote from 810..."winning teams dont score points, they win 2-0" haha good point HERM

dirk digler
It's up on kcchiefs.com if anyone wants to watch it....

Thanks I bet they take out all the good stuff

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Keep in mind that Shea was more than QB coach. He was in charge of drawing up pass plays. Our passing offense sucked, but it's hard to be effective passing the ball when you only throw it on 3rd and long.

last time i checked, shea wasnt calling the plays. so i guess that justifies the fact that they threw shea under the bus.

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:18 PM

I wouldn't be surprised.

FAX

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Herm said that Cleveland is the joke of the league.

Never coached a team to the SB and firing off at Romeo.

Herm took indirect shots at Parcells and Marty, too.

Blasting him about Jets tenure.

O put up record numbers and now being told by Herm that winning terms don't score points.

Herm called the O a "circus". Same team that whizzed on his Jets team.

FAX

Good stuff. Herm is such an embarrassment.

OnTheWarpath58
01-11-2007, 01:19 PM

Nope...all 49 minutes and change....

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:21 PM
last time i checked, shea wasnt calling the plays. so i guess that justifies the fact that they threw shea under the bus.

Yep. Shea didn't call the plays, but he did suggest what passing plays to use to Solari. What a very odd choice of the staff to throw under the bus...

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:25 PM
More 810 guy stuff.

Herm doesn't even know what's coming out of his mouth

Does he say the same things on the sidelines?

Calling Herm a liar. But gets free pass.

Called him an idiot again.

Herm can't tell time.

Ted (caller) Herm has a problem. Everybody else's fault except his. If Solari can't do the job first year, why put him in that position? TG, Kawika, LJ, Trent all don't like Herm. Losing the players. Chip on shoulder, arrogant, covering weaknesses as coach.

Herm says "I" more than pirates do. Carl in background with weak laugh.

FAX

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow. Jimm Raye to be brought in as offensive "quality control" coach?

KCTitus
01-11-2007, 01:27 PM

Tell me this is a FUGGING joke!!! OMG, it's going to be a long 3 years.

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:28 PM
More 810 stuff.

Herm talks about how he works for NFL. Herm thinks he's going to work somewhere whether it's at the Chiefs or elsewhere.

Herm is condescending.

Commercial break.

FAX

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 01:29 PM

You're joking right?

Mecca
This might be enough to make people quit going to games....

FringeNC
Tell me this is a FUGGING joke!!! OMG, it's going to be a long 3 years.

Yeah, I just made that up for laughs.

Mecca

Be careful it might happen....

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm amazed at how hard these guys are coming down on the Hermster.

There is trouble in river city.

FAX

FringeNC
Be careful it might happen....

Actually, it's probably likely.

dirk digler
I think it is safe to say Herm's honeymoon is over

KCTitus
01-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Well...at least we wont have to worry about being embarrassed in the playoffs in the near future...ok next decade.

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm amazed at how hard these guys are coming down on the Hermster.

There is trouble in river city.

FAX

Evidently, his honeymoon didn't last as long as it did in NY.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Dane

First of all you are an idiot. Shea was the Big East Coach of the Year while at Rutgers and was named the National Head Coach of the Year two times while in the collegiate ranks.

Second while he was at the Bears he had a top ten NFL offense in the NFL while Grossman was healthy.

No one would disagree that Green had other coaches prior to Shea, but Shea coached Green to a couple of All-Pro appearances.

Why would you let go of one of your best coaches...a guy that brought Damon Huard from being a 10 year back up to a quarterback that helped turn around the Chiefs season. This decision made no sense. Herman Edwards probably just wanted to bring on one of his buddies...It seems to me that Herman Edwards is still the same loser he was in New York.

Stop rationalizing a stupid decision by Herman Edwards it only makes you look like a fool.

I think you should change your name to TerryShea'sTool.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if Shea had a "top ten offense" when Grossman was heathly - the Bears finished LAST in total offense and LAST in scoring. Lovie Smith fired his ass! That's all I need to know.

How many games did Shea win at Rutgers? Two time coach of the year? Where? Mars? You're freakin' moron.

From 1990 to 1991, he was the head football coach at San Jose State, where he compiled a 15-6-2 record. From 1992 to 1994, he coached at Stanford, and in 1995, he coached the British Columbia Lions. From 1996 to 2000, he was the head football coach at Rutgers. At Rutgers, he compiled an 11-44 record.

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Bill (caller) thought I was doing good until I listened to that conference. Most embarrassing presser I've every heard. Offensive to organization. Would have loved to hear woodshead whippin' going on in Carl's office right about now.

To have Herm challenge organization and Cleveland as being boobs, and compare the two is a slap in the face to the Chiefs.

(caller) If he (Solari) is such a good guy, why did the offense get so pathetic? Was Herm calling the plays?

FAX

Zouk
01-11-2007, 01:38 PM
What did Herm say about Romeo Crennel, Vermeil, and Parcells?

Why is everyone freaking out over a press conference?

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Herm scheduled another press conference tomorrow morning

why didnt any of you bring that up yet

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:40 PM

awaiting Jets' fans "I told ya so".

Mecca
What did Herm say about Romeo Crennel, Vermeil, and Parcells?

Why is everyone freaking out over a press conference?

He basically called them Boobs in a round about way.......well other than Cleveland, someone compared the Chiefs to Cleveland and he basically called them the worst team in the league and a big joke.

FAX
Carl admits mistakes (even as bad as he his) so one would hope Herm could too.

Terry (caller) When you make your point, shut up. Let your student breathe and take a breath yourself. Give Herm a brown bag when he starts to hyperventilate. Sounds like Herm is still applying for the job. Herm is insecure.

Eddie Murphy said "there's a new sheriff in town" but just once. Herm says it hundreds of times. Tired and worn out. Sorry 810 guys have to analyze this. Like covering Fidel Castro.

FAX

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 01:41 PM
coach of the year 1990 at san jose st. So get your facts straight. Forget about his past though, why the F did they fire him. makes no sense...Herm held a meeting and let all coaches know that they were being retained and then he comes around and fires the one coach whose players, especially huard, performed above expectations. last time i checked shea wasnt blocking dwight freeney or putting the chiefs in the position of 3rd and long every series.

FAX
01-11-2007, 01:42 PM
810 guys:

Fibs are cool, lies wear you out.

Telling me that players are cool with all this? Is Brian Waters tired of explaining why Herm says stuff?

FAX

Mecca
You could probably fire every offensive coach....

FringeNC
Sounds like Herm is still applying for the job. Herm is insecure.

Eddie Murphy said "there's a new sheriff in town" but just once. Herm says it hundreds of times. Tired and worn out. Sorry 810 guys have to analyze this. Like covering Fidel Castro.

FAX

Sounds like Herm knows he's aready lost the team.

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:43 PM
810 guys:

Fibs are cool, lies wear you out.

Telling me that players are cool with all this? Is Brian Waters tired of explaining why Herm says stuff?

FAX

I'd like to hear Brian Waters explain why he's half the player he use to be....

Redrum_69
You all were happy to get Herm last year...thought the trade was great

but now...everyone is doubting herm

aircoryell77
Herm scheduled another press conference tomorrow morning

why didnt any of you bring that up yet

why? so he can backpedal on his ridiculous remarks. he is an embarrassing representative of the kansas city area and the chiefs organization.

Woodrow Call
01-11-2007, 01:44 PM

Me too

Fire Me Boy!
coach of the year 1990 at san jose st. So get your facts straight. Forget about his past though, why the F did they fire him. makes no sense...Herm held a meeting and let all coaches know that they were being retained and then he comes around and fires the one coach whose players, especially huard, performed above expectations. last time i checked shea wasnt blocking dwight freeney or putting the chiefs in the position of 3rd and long every series.
You owe Herm Edwards $.25 for usage of the phrase "last time I checked"...

siberian khatru
someone compared the Chiefs to Cleveland and he basically called them the worst team in the league and a big joke.

And blowing a 14-point lead in the 4th quarter to said team makes us ...?

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2007, 01:46 PM
"Inconsistent".

terrysheafanclub
01-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Dane,

Don't get mad because you made a foolish post...Shea was the Sporting News National Coach of the Year at San Jose State in 1990...he actually left San Jose State because one of the Greatest Football Coaches in the history of the game, Bill Walsh, told him that the only way he would take the job at Stanford was if Terry Shea was his offensive coordinator.

Shea led the 2nd biggest turnaround in NCAA history while at Rutgers in 1998 and was named Big-East Coach of the Year. Please note that this was the old Big-East with Miami, BC, and V-Tech.

And next time when you take 30 minutes to conduct research so you can come back and make a post, come back with something stronger than that. Once again stop trying to rationalize Edward's stupid decision because it makes you look like a fool.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if Shea had a "top ten offense" when Grossman was heathly - the Bears finished LAST in total offense and LAST in scoring. Lovie Smith fired his ass! That's all I need to know.

How many games did Shea win at Rutgers? Two time coach of the year? Where? Mars? You're freakin' moron.

From 1990 to 1991, he was the head football coach at San Jose State, where he compiled a 15-6-2 record. From 1992 to 1994, he coached at Stanford, and in 1995, he coached the British Columbia Lions. From 1996 to 2000, he was the head football coach at Rutgers. At Rutgers, he compiled an 11-44 record.

Zouk
01-11-2007, 01:47 PM
I love this.

Now he's the worst coach ever - becuase of a press conference.

4 playoffs in 6 years.

Mecca

Of course he didn't touch on that.

Frazod

Shea was thrown to the crows in Chicago. He was brought in to basically install the Chiefs offense, only he was given no talent at any skill position and a horrible line. Did you actually watch any Bears games? Their offensive line that year was so bad that it made the piece of shit line we had this year look all-pro. I'm surprised that Quinn survived the season. It was horrible.

I'm not saying he's the greatest QB coach of all time or anything, but he was absolutely thrown under a bus by the Bears. Lombardi couldn't have won with those retards.

And in case you haven't noticed, the Bears offense still sucks - just not quite as bad now.

PastorMikH
01-11-2007, 01:50 PM
GUNTHER IS REQUESTING JORDAN BLACK ALSO TRAIN ON THE DEFENSE FOR A POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT FOR ERIC HICKS.."IF JORDAN CAN ALLOW 13 SACKS...HE MAY BE THE NEXT LAWRENCE TAYLOR IN THE MAKING"

This begs the question, If Eric Hicks were to line up accross from Jordan Black on the LOS, and the ball is snapped - what happens?

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Dane,

Don't get mad because you made a foolish post...Shea was the Sporting News National Coach of the Year at San Jose State in 1990...he actually left San Jose State because one of the Greatest Football Coaches in the history of the game, Bill Walsh, told him that the only way he would take the job at Stanford was if Terry Shea was his offensive coordinator.

Shea led the 2nd biggest turnaround in NCAA history while at Rutgers in 1998 and was named Big-East Coach of the Year. Please note that this was the old Big-East with Miami, BC, and V-Tech.

And next time when you take 30 minutes to conduct research so you can come back and make a post, come back with something stronger than that. Once again stop trying to rationalize Edward's stupid decision because it makes you look like a fool.

Either you're Terry Shea, which is pathetic or you're a Shea family memeber. I've NEVER seen anyone defend a member of the Chiefs coaching staff so vigorously on this BB, especially after a firing.

I couldn't give a crap about Shea's Big East turnaround. Obviously, it was a one year thing because he was 11-44 during his tenure there. If he was so great, why did they fire him? Huh? Come on big boy, WHY?

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Does anyone have a link on the Shea thing? It hasn't been confirmed.

siberian khatru
01-11-2007, 01:52 PM
This begs the question, If Eric Hicks were to line up accross from Jordan Black on the LOS, and the ball is snapped - what happens?

The space/time continuum collapses and we all die -- or wind up in that weird world of midgets like in "Phantasm."

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 01:52 PM

which people didnt think about and they got all bent out of shape for nothing.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Shea was thrown to the crows in Chicago. He was brought in to basically install the Chiefs offense, only he was given no talent at any skill position and a horrible line. Did you actually watch any Bears games? Their offensive line that year was so bad that it made the piece of shit line we had this year look all-pro. I'm surprised that Quinn survived the season. It was horrible.

I'm not saying he's the greatest QB coach of all time or anything, but he was absolutely thrown under a bus by the Bears. Lombardi couldn't have won with those retards.

And in case you haven't noticed, the Bears offense still sucks - just not quite as bad now.

Actually, I did watch some of the Bears games because a good friend is a fan. The offense was pathetic. Obviously, he wasn't accountable for the personnel but if Lovie Smith felt like he could turn it around, he wouldn't have fired him.

Ron Turner's done a much better job (running the same system, BTW) but Grossman's still their Achille's Heel. If they can solve their QB problem soon, they could be at least an NFC Championship team. That defense is incredible.

Fire Me Boy!
01-11-2007, 01:53 PM
A tree in the forest falls.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
01-11-2007, 01:54 PM

Because he has a chump on his left side that he has to help just about every play. When Roaf was there Waters was free to pull and get into the linebackers. With Black in there Waters has to sit and cover Black's ass when someone decides to take the inside route to the QB. Thats why Black seldom gets beat on the inside; Waters is there to cover his ass. Most of the sacks Black gives up is D-ends coming off the edge.

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Either you're Terry Shea, which is pathetic or you're a Shea family memeber. I've NEVER seen anyone defend a member of the Chiefs coaching staff so vigorously on this BB, especially after a firing.

I couldn't give a crap about Shea's Big East turnaround. Obviously, it was a one year thing because he was 11-44 during his tenure there. If he was so great, why did they fire him? Huh? Come on big boy, WHY?

Come on. There are a lot of successful position coaches and coordinators that are shitty head coaches. Shea's record at Rutgers is irrelevant.

Bill Walsh, who knows a thing about quarterbacks, has heaped tons of praise on Shea, and is actually the reason Shea was a QB coach to begin with. Vermeil called Walsh, and Walsh told him Shea was the guy to hire.

Baby Lee
01-11-2007, 01:55 PM
http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=1880

Redrum_69
You guys are the biggest whiners EVER

Bitch for Vermeil to retire cuz hes old

Overjoyed that Herm is to be the coach

after one season...FIRE HERM

Just one...not two or three or EIGHTEEN....but ONE

I think half you asshats are Raiders fans disguised as Chiefs fans

aircoryell77
Dane,

Forget Shea's past, all that matters is that he got a raw deal. It wasnt because of his past failures or any of that crap. The reason for letting him go was to place blame on someone and deflect the blame from other coaches or players who did not perform. Thats as cut and dry as I can make it. Oh well, I'm sure shea will find something but the big news about him being fired is the direction of the passing offense. Is there going to be a passing offense? or are they just going to try to run the ball like the did in the colts game bc OBVIOUSLY that philosophy worked.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
A tree in the forest falls.

YOur mom thought I was a lumberjack...after all the logs I pile into her..

Your mom thought I was a forest ranger...I tagged her beaver and released it back into the wild

:p :deevee: :p

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Shea may very well be the worst college head coach and OC in the history of football. That isn't relevant to his performance as a QB coach in KC.

Did Green put up numbers and play as well as he did in KC when he was in St. Louis or Washington?

1998 - 15 Games (14 Starts) 3,441 yards, 23TD's 11 Int's 81.8 QB rating

2001 - 8 games (5 Starts) 2,063 yards, 16TD's, 5 Int's, 101.8 rating

Pretty much answers that, eh?

If Huard played as well as he did in his games in KC as he did when he was in Miami and his other stints, someone would have given him a chance to win the starting role on another team.

Pure speculation on your part. He was backing Dan Marino in Miami, then on to Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady. Who are you gonna give the first shot - the HOF'er or the no name?

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Anyone got a confirmation on Shea? Where did this info come from?

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Dane,

Forget Shea's past, all that matters is that he got a raw deal. It wasnt because of his past failures or any of that crap. The reason for letting him go was to place blame on someone and deflect the blame from other coaches or players who did not perform. Thats as cut and dry as I can make it. Oh well, I'm sure shea will find something but the big news about him being fired is the direction of the passing offense. Is there going to be a passing offense? or are they just going to try to run the ball like the did in the colts game bc OBVIOUSLY that philosophy worked.

Explain to me how "he got a raw deal?" Are coaches not accountable now for success or failure? The passing game STUNK this year and by all indication, it was Shea's job to help Solari with that aspect of the game. It obviously wasn't working, so he was FIRED.

I'm happy he was fired. I'm sick of freakin' complaceny on the Chiefs staff.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Anyone got a confirmation on Shea? Where did this info come from?

Someone copied a WPI link..........

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Come on. There are a lot of successful position coaches and coordinators that are shitty head coaches. Shea's record at Rutgers is irrelevant.

Bill Walsh, who knows a thing about quarterbacks, has heaped tons of praise on Shea, and is actually the reason Shea was a QB coach to begin with. Vermeil called Walsh, and Walsh told him Shea was the guy to hire.

Joe Montana once said that Paul Hackett was the best QB coach he'd ever had.

Do you buy that, too?

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM

Do you buy that, too?

Actually, yes. Gannon said the same thing. Hackett was a terrible head coach, a very mediocre OC, and an absolutely great QB coach.

Mecca
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Because he has a chump on his left side that he has to help just about every play. When Roaf was there Waters was free to pull and get into the linebackers. With Black in there Waters has to sit and cover Black's ass when someone decides to take the inside route to the QB. Thats why Black seldom gets beat on the inside; Waters is there to cover his ass. Most of the sacks Black gives up is D-ends coming off the edge.

If he needs a HOF player next to him to be good that speaks of his talent also..Waters declined in every aspect of the game this year.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Actually, yes. Gannon said the same thing. Hackett was a terrible head coach, a very mediocre OC, and an absolutely great QB coach.

That's cool. I guess that answers an earlier thread as to how he keeps getting jobs in the NFL.

I just can't think of an average/below average talented QB that he's turned into a superstar. I think it would be fairly easy to work with Joe Montana and Rich Gannon. That didn't work out so well with Bono, Alex Van Pelt and to this point, Chris Simms. But I digress...

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Explain to me how "he got a raw deal?" Are coaches not accountable now for success or failure? The passing game STUNK this year and by all indication, it was Shea's job to help Solari with that aspect of the game. It obviously wasn't working, so he was FIRED.

I'm happy he was fired. I'm sick of freakin' complaceny on the Chiefs staff.

How can you be happy about someone getting fired??? You have the same level of character as herm edwards. You arent even a chiefs fan. go F yourself

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Firing Shea was the best thing that Herm could have done

Shea is the reason that Trent stayed in the Colts game....otherwise Damon could have came in, won the game, and his glory would last forever

terrysheafanclub
Dane,

I just hate people like you. Those who rationalize stupid decisions by their team's head coach. Yeah I'm pissed off, because Herm thinks that he is going to fix our offense's issues by changing a passing game that made us one of the top offenses in the NFL. He defends the OC but he slams the QB coach because he is a Vermeil guy...I'm tired of Herm's obvious hatred for Vermeil. Coach Vermeil is 10 times the man Herm will ever be.

I dislike you because, you sit there and blindly support him...like a complete fool. I have accepted the fact that we are going to suck next year, because we will run the ball to death, we'll get LJ hurt because no RB in the NFL can take that many carries and then will have some stale passing offense...Herm let Shea go because he didn't want the Coryell/Vermeil/Saunders passing attack. I'm pissed off because we're going to be the most boring team in the NFL next year. And by the way the best part of the Coryell offense is the run game...not many people know that one...and I guarantee Edwards doesn't realize that...So we'll see how well this offense does without the Coryell passing attack...And your lucky I didn't make any comments that you'll have to go spend 30 minutes researching...Once AGAIN YOUR A FOOL!

Actually, I did watch some of the Bears games because a good friend is a fan. The offense was pathetic. Obviously, he wasn't accountable for the personnel but if Lovie Smith felt like he could turn it around, he wouldn't have fired him.

Ron Turner's done a much better job (running the same system, BTW) but Grossman's still their Achille's Heel. If they can solve their QB problem soon, they could be at least an NFC Championship team. That defense is incredible.

DaneMcCloud
How can you be happy about someone getting fired??? You have the same level of character as herm edwards. You arent even a chiefs fan. go F yourself

Are you 14? THESE PEOPLE ARE PAID TO PERFORM! If they don't perform, they're FIRED. Period. There is accountability. Something that's been lacking in the Chiefs organization for, oh, more than 10 YEARS! Marty went through several offensive and defensive coordinators throughout the years and I don't remember anyone publicly questioning him or crying about!

Man up, pussyboy.

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 02:09 PM

What? I'd be ecstatic if Carl and Herm got fired. That makes me a bad person?

FAX
01-11-2007, 02:11 PM
This is absolutely hilarious.

If anyone can link onto 810 and listen to these guys, you really should. There's more great stuff than I can transcribe in a thousand days.

FAX

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Are you 14? THESE PEOPLE ARE PAID TO PERFORM! If they don't perform, they're FIRED. Period. There is accountability. Something that's been lacking in the Chiefs organization for, oh, more than 10 YEARS! Marty went through several offensive and defensive coordinators throughout the years and I don't remember anyone publicly questioning him or crying about!

Man up, pussyboy.

Last time i checked coaches dont perform. They prepare their players and then the players are accountable. Huard: 11tds, 1 int. 98.1 rating, then green came back and shouldnt have been thrown into the mix. That problem falls on the people higher up and those people didnt take accountability for that horrible decision. Watch the names you are throwing around bc you do not know who you are talking to.

King_Chief_Fan
01-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Just finished listening to that bag of wind. How effin embarrassing to be a Chiefs fan with that loon at the helm.

DaneMcCloud
Dane,

I just hate people like you. Those who rationalize stupid decisions by their team's head coach. Yeah I'm pissed off, because Herm thinks that he is going to fix our offense's issues by changing a passing game that made us one of the top offenses in the NFL. He defends the OC but he slams the QB coach because he is a Vermeil guy...I'm tired of Herm's obvious hatred for Vermeil. Coach Vermeil is 10 times the man Herm will ever be.

I dislike you because, you sit there and blindly support him...like a complete fool. I have accepted the fact that we are going to suck next year, because we will run the ball to death, we'll get LJ hurt because no RB in the NFL can take that many carries and then will have some stale passing offense...Herm let Shea go because he didn't want the Coryell/Vermeil/Saunders passing attack. I'm pissed off because we're going to be the most boring team in the NFL next year. And by the way the best part of the Coryell offense is the run game...not many people know that one...and I guarantee Edwards doesn't realize that...So we'll see how well this offense does without the Coryell passing attack...And your lucky I didn't make any comments that you'll have to go spend 30 minutes researching...Once AGAIN YOUR A FOOL!

Listen, Jerkoff N00B, I'm not rationalizing anything. This offense was not up to the level established by Vermeil. PERIOD. Herm obviously felt more comfortable with Solari than Shea, hence Shea is gone. Big deal? If you think that retaining Shea would have solved all the offensive problems, good for you. I don't.

Thanks for the hate.

Frazod
Damn, Dane, did Shea shoot your dog or something?

Our offense sucked because our offensive line sucked. This meant our mediocre receivers needed to get open quickly, which they generally couldn't, and our best downfield threat, Gonzalez, generally had to block instead of run routes. These factors, combined with Green's obvious discomfort or downright fear of playing behind said ghastly line, and Herm's reluctance to pull Green in favor of Huard (who didn't seem to have problem with it) did us in.

None of these key areas of failure was Shea's responsibility.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Damn, Dane, did Shea shoot your dog or something?

None of these key areas of failure were Shea's responsibility.

No, Man! I just think it's stupid to point at Terry Shea's firing as some sort of apocalyptic decision. Maybe he was looking over Solari's shoulder to much. Maybe there was a chemistry problem with he and Herm. Who knows? But we're not talking about Andy Reid or Steve Mariucci or Mike Holmgren here or even Mike McCarthy (all former QB coaches). We're talking about Terry Shea! If he was sooooo freakin' great, he wouldn't have been fired. And his overall coaching record wouldn't be so poor.

crazycoffey
01-11-2007, 02:17 PM
I didn't read them all, but I see some saying herm was negative.

I liked that he said they wouldn't make emotional desicions but only those that are good for the team.

I also don't think he was being negative, just not as die hard optomisitic as he normally is. which is understandable, he's not trying to win a game this week, he's trying to be realistic, IMO.

Otter
01-11-2007, 02:18 PM
This is pure gold, maybe they've accepted that their losers and are going for the Jerry Springer angle in rounding up reasons for people to watch them embarrass themselves.

I'll bet that Gunther sat him down and coached him for this press conference.

ROFL

On a serious note however, this really makes me question this mans intellegence and common sense.

sigh

Chiefnj
01-11-2007, 02:18 PM
I love watching Herm's expressions as a reporter is asking him a question. If you turn off the volume and watch Herm, by his reaction you'd think Rhonda Moss dropped trou and began to take a dump on the floor.

Otter
01-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I love watching Herm's expressions as a reporter is asking him a question. If you turn off the volume and watch Herm, by his reaction you'd think Rhonda Moss dropped trou and began to take a dump on the floor.

Could you post the link where you're watching this please?

FAX
01-11-2007, 02:19 PM

ROFL

FAX

Chiefnj
01-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Could you post the link where you're watching this please?

kcchiefs.com

crazycoffey
01-11-2007, 02:22 PM

haha, yeah it does.

But to be fair, some of the questions were already answered.

He started the conference with telling the reporters that they were starting the evaluation process, then one of the first questions out of the box, was about green not being the starter next year.

I'm getting frustrated hearing some of the same questions reworded to sound different, I can't imagine how that sounds coming right at me.

Well, yeah I can, I'm married.... insert your own wife joke here.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Last time i checked coaches dont perform. They prepare their players and then the players are accountable. Huard: 11tds, 1 int. 98.1 rating, then green came back and shouldnt have been thrown into the mix. That problem falls on the people higher up and those people didnt take accountability for that horrible decision.

So I guess your opinion, a coach should never be fired because they aren't accountable for their team's performance? Only players perform? I guess that explains why you'd chose to defend Terry Shea's 11-44 record at Rutgers? :rolleyes:

Watch the names you are throwing around bc you do not know who you are talking to.

Huh? You got a case of internet muscles? ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
01-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Forget Hall of Classics, this thread should go in the Hall of Shame.....

Chiefnj
01-11-2007, 02:30 PM
ROFL

FAX

I'm serious - fast forward to 29:20 and turn down the volume. Watch Herm, it's great.

wutamess
01-11-2007, 02:35 PM
This has to be the worst thread in the history of CP.
Don't know what to believe and people are actually calling each out over Terry Shea.

Who gives a shit. I now feel 20 minutes dumber by having read this thread.

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Don't know what to believe and people are actually calling each out over Terry Shea.

Dont feel alone

tk13
01-11-2007, 02:37 PM
This might be the most confusing thread ever.

Frankie
01-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Smilies? since when the hell are there "hidden" rules on what you are supposed to post?

You want smilies? FINE

theres your smilies
rReal classy. Keep this up. You're the one who'll get banned.

htismaqe
01-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Dane,

BOTH Shea AND Solari are "Vermeil guys"...your premise is flawed.

jAZ
01-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I read this thread first, then watched the press conference.

I think this thread (and from the quotes, the discussion on 810) sounds like a bunch of hyperventilating and talk-radio induced outrage.

Nothing about the press conference seemed to warrant reaction I've read here.

Herm at least came closer to admitting publicly that he's tossing out the offense.

He said a bunch of really good things, IMO.

I say that still believing that he's stupid for thinking that you can't have a #5 ranked offense (points) and a #5 ranked defense (points).

But I think most of this is a dramatic over-reaction.

Iowanian
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM
You tell me Sport...you and your boyfriend are the ones people are paying for "INSIDE" information.

Does anyone have a link on the Shea thing? It hasn't been confirmed.

BLAM!

Mr. Kotter
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM

Thanks. I'll just skip reading it then.....:hmmm:

FAX
01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Wise words, Mr. jaZ. Still, a good firestorm is hard to come by.

Let us not douse this conflagration of disaffection so soon. Rather, let us fan the flames of discontent that they might scortch the hairy nutsacks of our leaders.

FAX

crazycoffey
01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I read this thread first, then watched the press conference.

I think this thread (and from the quotes, the discussion on 810) sounds like a bunch of hyperventilating and talk-radio induced outrage.

Herm at least came closer to admitting publicly that he's tossing out the offense.

He said a bunch of really good things, IMO.

I say that still believing that he's stupid for thinking that you can't have a #5 ranked offense (points) and a #5 ranked defense (points).

But I think most of this is a dramatic over-reaction.

I agree, just finished listening and to be fair, some of the questions were already answered.

He started the conference with telling the reporters that they were starting the evaluation process, then one of the first questions out of the box, was about green not being the starter next year.

I'd be getting frustrated hearing some of the same questions reworded to sound different, I can't imagine how that sounds coming right at me, if I was Herm.

Well, yeah I can, I'm married.... insert your own wife joke here.

Woodrow Call
01-11-2007, 03:47 PM

SHOCKING

CoMoChief
01-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Rippin on DA, that was funny.

Herm's a bullshitter though. BIG TIME.

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 03:50 PM
SHOCKING

This place is king of the knee-jerk reactions. It's comical.

CoMoChief
01-11-2007, 03:54 PM
This place is king of the knee-jerk reactions. It's comical.

Thats funny coming from the guy that flip flops more than anyone on this board.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Need some more players on D

lol, Herm is going to neglect the O like DV did the D.

Why can't we get a head coach that believes in balance, and not just says it, but builds it on the field?

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Thats funny coming from the guy that flip flops more than anyone on this board.

Gochiefs inherits that from his mom....

and 99% of the shit he posts here is a cut and paste from WPI..

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 04:49 PM
and 99% of the shit he posts here is a cut and paste from WPI..

How do you figure?

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
How do you figure?

You use this board as a cut and paste playground....whatever is posted here...you cut and paste over there and vice versa.

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 04:54 PM
You use this board as a cut and paste playground....whatever is posted here...you cut and paste over there and vice versa.

That's not really accurate at all. I barely post on the WPI message boards at all.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 04:57 PM
That's not really accurate at all. I barely post on the WPI message boards at all.

Define Barely...

are we talking about the same post count...or are you not counting the SPAM?

Frankie
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM

Do you buy that, too?
If Montana said it, I'd believe it. Hackett is a terrible OC. But maybe a very good QB coach.

Frankie
01-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I now feel 20 minutes dumber by having read this thread.
Any more gas left in the tank? :p

Frankie
01-11-2007, 05:44 PM
BOTH Shea AND Solari are "Vermeil guys"...your premise is flawed.
Didn't DV inherit Solari? :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Define Barely...

are we talking about the same post count...or are you not counting the SPAM?

Are you kidding me? I don't even have 1,000 posts over there and most of those are in the staff or editing forum.

Frankie
01-11-2007, 05:48 PM
lol, Herm is going to neglect the O like DV did the D.

Why can't we get a head coach that believes in balance, and not just says it, but builds it on the field?
I wish he did. I actually think he forces his archaic Martyball philosophy on the 'O' too much.

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 05:49 PM
I wish he did. I actually think he forces his archaic Martyball philosophy on the 'O' too much.

I think Herm just uses the talent to the best of it's ability. We scaled back the passing game this year and still gave up 41 sacks. Imagine if we had tried to run DV's offense. We probably would have allowed 55-60 sacks!!!

FAX
01-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Neanderball is Herm's bread and butter, Mr. Frankie.

I can see his point though. Why use your intellect when a club will do?

FAX

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Didn't DV inherit Solari? :hmmm:

Solari came to the Chiefs in 1997 (with Grbac) because he was the assistant TE/Offensive line coach for the 49ers. IMO, he was an outstanding offensive line coach.

The jury's still out on his OC abilities.

KCJohnny
01-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Herm said he didn't care about having a top 5 offense. He said pretty stats are great to have something to talk about after you miss the playoffs (jab at DV?). He wants playoffs, and a championship.

I think he's feeling the pressure for squandering the NFL's top offense. I think without at least 1 offensive mind running things, they just didn't have the vision or wisdom to run AS's flying circus. Herm + rookie OC = dropping 15 places in NFL ranking. I still can't get over Herm saying Solari was still learning the passing game this season. Ouch.

Frankie
01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I think Herm just uses the talent to the best of it's ability. We scaled back the passing game this year and still gave up 41 sacks. Imagine if we had tried to run DV's offense. We probably would have allowed 55-60 sacks!!!
Good point.

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Herm was raised by the Japaneese.

FAX
01-11-2007, 06:20 PM

I absolutely and completely disagree 100%.

I think I do, anyway.

You have the stats, Mr. GoChiefs. What were the total number of run/pass plays in 2005 compared to 2006? I'll bet they were pretty close.

If so, it wasn't the number of passing plays that were run, it was WHEN they were run. Herm's "known down" drum took a beating this year, because "known downs" work against us when we're in the damnedable things. This leads to sackage.

FAX

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 06:20 PM

Just think if we'd thrown some screen passes, and thrown on downs other than 3rd and long.

Mecca
01-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Just think if we'd thrown some screen passes, and thrown on downs other than 3rd and long.

Larry Johnson has to know how to run a pass route for that......and Trent Green looked awful throwing passes to RB's this year.

ROYC75
01-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I absolutely and completely disagree 100%.

I think I do, anyway.

You have the stats, Mr. GoChiefs. What were the total number of run/pass plays in 2005 compared to 2006? I'll bet they were pretty close.

If so, it wasn't the number of passing plays that were run, it was WHEN they were run. Herm's "known down" drum took a beating this year, because "known downs" work against us when we're in the damnedable things. This leads to sackage.

FAX

Which ultimately lead to suckage ..........

FAX
01-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Which ultimately lead to suckage ..........

Exactly.

And where are the stats, oh high and mighty Mr. GoChiefs? Huh?

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 06:43 PM
What were the total number of run/pass plays in 2005 compared to 2006? I'll bet they were pretty close.

2005 -

507 pass attempts
520 rush attempts

2006 -

450 pass attempts
513 rush attempts

We gave up 9 more sacks in 57 fewer pass attempts. It's no wonder we weren't as agressive on offense...we didn't have the offensive line to do it.

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Just think if we'd thrown some screen passes.

We threw screen passes this year. They weren't nearly as effective in years past.

FAX
01-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Looks like my theory can't be proved with actual numbers, Mr. GoChiefs. I would have thought pass attempts would have been closer because we played from behind so much. Thanks for the stats, though.

You're right about the line. I just wonder that, if we had scaled back on the Neanderball, it would have helped keep enemy defenses more off balance.

FAX