PDA

View Full Version : New Herm and CP Presser Thread

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Post your "real" input here. Redrum please behave

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Did they announce the shea firing? bc i know for a fact it happened. But i didnt hear the beginning of the PC. If anyone has answers please let me know and let me know how you feel about the change.

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Peterson says construction will begin in April at Arrowhead.

Enclosing Club Level, confirmed.

Mack Lee Hill award - Hali

DT MVP - Larry Johnson

Iron Man - K C Wiggman

We lead NFL in attendence this year.

He wants to sign #88 to long term contract. May fravchise him

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Sorry I missed this thread it would have been better here than battling reddrum

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Sorry I missed this thread it would have been better here than battling reddrum
JEEEZZZ trying to get good presser info out of that thread is useless. People posting parady info. Posters getting into smack downs, Shea arguments. :shake:

OnTheWarpath58
01-11-2007, 01:19 PM
What really happened:

No mention of Shea being fired.

No shots taken at Cleveland, Romeo Crennel, DV, CP or anyone else, with the possible exception of some moron media members.... :)

The offense isn't going to get blown up over one game. We had scored 35 on a better defense the week before.

Happy with improvement on Defense but still not enough.

The dead weight and bad attitudes will be gone one way or another.

Pretty normal PC.....

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 01:21 PM
What really happened:

No mention of Shea being fired.

No shots taken at Cleveland, Romeo Crennel, DV, CP or anyone else, with the possible exception of some moron media members.... :)

The offense isn't going to get blown up over one game. We had scored 35 on a better defense the week before.

Happy with improvement on Defense but still not enough.

The dead weight and bad attitudes will be gone one way or another.

Pretty normal PC.....
We are great. We are on the right path. Get rid of a few individuals and we will be back for a Super bowl run because we have the best fans in the NFL!

That about sum it up?

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 01:23 PM
We are great. We are on the right path. Get rid of a few individuals and we will be back for a Super bowl run because we have the best fans in the NFL!

That about sum it up?

Except for the whole problem you guys have with freedom of speech

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Except for the whole problem you guys have with freedom of speech
freedom of speech does not equal freedom to be an asshat. You wern't stating an opinion. You were just trying to tick people off. And in that thread at that time you were wrong.

King_Chief_Fan
01-11-2007, 01:30 PM
who is the dick jockey that reported Shea was fired?
anyone have a link? It wasn't mentioned in the press conference.
NOt posted on any news site.

The Bad Guy
01-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Enclosing the Club Level flat out sucks.

I've been to AH 6 times, and I've sat in the club level each time. I enjoyed sitting there, despite the fact that some of the people had sticks up their ass.

OnTheWarpath58
01-11-2007, 01:37 PM

It's because it didn't happen.

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Enclosing the Club Level flat out sucks.

I've been to AH 6 times, and I've sat in the club level each time. I enjoyed sitting there, despite the fact that some of the people had sticks up their ass.

Chiefs are enclosing it bc they can keep the revenue that way since it would be luxury seating.

dave0320
01-11-2007, 02:07 PM

Prior to the press conference, Whonda Moss reported it as a runor.

Baby Lee
01-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Prior to the pree conference, Whonda Moss reported it as a runor.
http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/nell/nell-poster01.jpg

Fish
01-11-2007, 02:22 PM
http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/nell/nell-poster01.jpg

ROFL

InChiefsHell
01-11-2007, 02:28 PM
I thought that there was some serious over-reaction to the PC. I thought it was pretty honest. Herm did spend alot of time talking about what he did with the Jets, for no apparent reason because it wasn't answering the question, but I heard that we will be evaluating players, who is ascending, who is declining and hard decision will be made. WE are moving towards youth because teams are built through the draft. We want to keep Tony. Priest may still be a possiblilty, but nothing really new there.

WHat I got out of it: Herm knows we can't be the offense we used to be. There is little point in trying, because of the player differences and the philosophy difference. He wants to score points, but most importantly, he wants to keep teams from scoring on us. THe circus Offense comment was funny because it was true. GReat offense. GOt the team nowhere...

FAX
01-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I thought that there was some serious over-reaction to the PC. I thought it was pretty honest. Herm did spend alot of time talking about what he did with the Jets, for no apparent reason because it wasn't answering the question, but I heard that we will be evaluating players, who is ascending, who is declining and hard decision will be made. WE are moving towards youth because teams are built through the draft. We want to keep Tony. Priest may still be a possiblilty, but nothing really new there.

WHat I got out of it: Herm knows we can't be the offense we used to be. There is little point in trying, because of the player differences and the philosophy difference. He wants to score points, but most importantly, he wants to keep teams from scoring on us. THe circus Offense comment was funny because it was true. GReat offense. GOt the team nowhere...

This post is just too well thought out and logical for my taste, Mr. InChiefsHell.

Here's the problem as I see it. If we focus on the substance of the conference rather than the style, a darn good public lynching may be cancelled.

FAX

Iowanian
01-11-2007, 02:46 PM
I wish just once, one of the media would mention to herm, the next time he talks about the "circus offense" and the "ball control" and remind him that last year's offense not only put up more yards, better numbers and more points....they held the ball 2! more! minutes! per! game!

King_Chief_Fan
01-11-2007, 02:49 PM
This post is just too well thought out and logical for my taste, Mr. InChiefsHell.

Here's the problem as I see it. If we focus on the substance of the conference rather than the style, a darn good public lynching may be cancelled.

FAX

It is posts like this that makes you might favorite poster

Chiefnj
01-11-2007, 02:51 PM
THe circus Offense comment was funny because it was true. GReat offense. GOt the team nowhere...

The great offense was offset by an atrocious defense. People, such as Herm, point the finger at the offense as if it was a problem. It wasn't the problem. It wasn't close to being a problem.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Hey, all i was doing was fanning the flames...so to speak

rumors turn boring afternoons into a hurricane of insults

but you gotta pick the right time and the right thread for it...

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 03:54 PM
The great offense was offset by an atrocious defense. People, such as Herm, point the finger at the offense as if it was a problem. It wasn't the problem. It wasn't close to being a problem.

He is trying to build a case. When we score 12ppg and only lose by three in the future, he can claim he was successful.

Calcountry
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
The great offense was offset by an atrocious defense. People, such as Herm, point the finger at the offense as if it was a problem. It wasn't the problem. It wasn't close to being a problem.Well, he certainly fixed the problem.

FAX
01-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey, all i was doing was fanning the flames...so to speak...

And, an excellent job of it, Mr. Redrum_69, if I may say so.

FAX

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 04:33 PM
So....other than redrum proving he is as asshat and this other dude with a man love thing for Shea...the PC summary is we basically learned nothing....

FAX
01-11-2007, 04:56 PM
So....other than redrum proving he is as asshat and this other dude with a man love thing for Shea...the PC summary is we basically learned nothing....

Not true, Mr. HonestChieffan. Which surprises me, coming from you.

We learned that the Browns suck as much as we do 'cause Herm says so.

FAX

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I missed that. Speed reading sucks when poorly implemented. Or I may not become aware I saw it till later.

InChiefsHell
01-12-2007, 07:35 AM

I don't see that he was pointing to the offense as a problem, rather it was not the solution. I don't see how any Chiefs fan can argue with that.

Nobody fields a number one O and a number one D at the same time. Herm seems to be shooting for a mediocre offense and a killer defense, ala the Ravens. We've seen that having the "circus" offense doesn't cut it, especially in the playoffs. But a smart, ground pounding Offense mixed with a stout killer D does indeed make a recipe for success in the post season.

Just watch the impending Colts meltdown...

Extra Point
01-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Asking questions to the reporters makes for good entertainment/filler.

Chiefnj
01-12-2007, 07:55 AM
I don't see that he was pointing to the offense as a problem, rather it was not the solution. I don't see how any Chiefs fan can argue with that.

Nobody fields a number one O and a number one D at the same time. Herm seems to be shooting for a mediocre offense and a killer defense, ala the Ravens. We've seen that having the "circus" offense doesn't cut it, especially in the playoffs. But a smart, ground pounding Offense mixed with a stout killer D does indeed make a recipe for success in the post season.

Just watch the impending Colts meltdown...

Nobody is saying a great offense is the be all, end all.

Why does Herm consider a high scoring offense to be a "circus" offense? That circus offense he pokes fun at had a greater TOP than Herm's ball control offense. That circus offense put 30+ points up against Indy in the playoffs, not a measly 8 points. That circus offense did its part of the job.

Nobody fields a #1 O and #1 D, but it is possible to have both in the top 10 (scoring) and win championships - DV and the Rams, NE in 2001 and 2004.

What builds success in the postseason is good coaching, defense and having the ability to score when you need to.

Simply Red
01-12-2007, 08:46 AM
And, an excellent job of it, Mr. Redrum_69, if I may say so.

FAX

Did I miss something?