PDA

View Full Version : You got what you asked for.........

chiefsfan1963
01-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Our D is no longer ranked in the celler.

Total D were ranked #16. Right in the middle.

Unfortunately our Total O ranking dropped like a stone to #16. Right in the middle.

You got mediocrity! Enjoy it because you going to have it for at least the next 2 years.

Mecca
01-11-2007, 02:19 PM
The O was going to start to have problems anyway......age, losing players. No go to reciever for 2 decades.

Stinger
01-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Thank you Mr. terrysheafanclub

noa
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM
This is exactly what the Chiefs nation was asking for. Thanks for pointing that out Chiefsfan1963.

ck_IN
01-11-2007, 02:39 PM
We've had it for the past 5 years. What's your point?

Wile_E_Coyote
01-11-2007, 02:45 PM
LT retires after draft, FB left in free agency, QB injuried in first game, New OC, RB first full season as a starter(okay, no biggie unless you like his blocking )

why the hell wasn't it the same O?

Chief Nute
01-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey Chiefsfan1963,

Next time you get the dying urge to create your own thread, just take your fingers away from the keyboard.

Thanks for the brand new information, though.... :lame:

noa
01-11-2007, 02:52 PM
LT retires after draft, FB left in free agency, QB injuried in first game, New OC, RB first full season as a starter(okay, no biggie unless you like his blocking )

Its because this is what we asked for. Duh.

ck_IN
01-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh let him be Chief Nute, he has a high school girl crush on DV and he's not handling the breakup well.

petegz28
01-11-2007, 02:53 PM

is this a trick question???? ROFL

chiefsfan1963
01-11-2007, 03:02 PM
beginning of the year not many predict a steep decline on O as far as ranking.

hey maybe I'm wrong about mediocrity.

Herm may take this team to a new direction.

I do see the D continuing to improve, I'm just skeptical about our the O ever being dynamic again with Herm at the helm. He may get us to the playoffs more consistently, but his downfall will always be going the distance b/c of his conservative nature regarding gameplanning.

That's why DV went the distance twice and won it once. No risk no
reward is where I see Herm's legacy here at KC.

We'll see. I'm truly hoping Herm surprises me in the next 2 years.

Baby Lee
01-11-2007, 03:03 PM
You got what you asked for.........

This is a '63 is leaving forever thread???!!!!

noa
01-11-2007, 03:12 PM
beginning of the year not many predict a steep decline on O as far as ranking.

hey maybe I'm wrong about mediocrity.

Herm may take this team to a new direction.

I do see the D continuing to improve, I'm just skeptical about our the O ever being dynamic again with Herm at the helm. He may get us to the playoffs more consistently, but his downfall will always be going the distance b/c of his conservative nature regarding gameplanning.

That's why DV went the distance twice and won it once. No risk no
reward is where I see Herm's legacy here at KC.

We'll see. I'm truly hoping Herm surprises me in the next 2 years.

This begs the question -- Why do you think this is what we asked for? People who were supportive of Herm didn't ask for this. Why don't you just say, "Ha ha I told you so" instead of trying to say we asked for this?

htismaqe
01-11-2007, 03:14 PM
I specifically asked for:

NO MORE THREADS FROM THAT RETARD!

I most certainly DID NOT get what I asked for.

OnTheWarpath58
01-11-2007, 03:16 PM
This is a travashamockery....

chiefsfan1963
01-11-2007, 03:32 PM
This begs the question -- Why do you think this is what we asked for? People who were supportive of Herm didn't ask for this. Why don't you just say, "Ha ha I told you so" instead of trying to say we asked for this?

What I'm saying is everyone asked for improvement on D. They got it.
Unfortunately they also got what they got on O. A steep decline in rankings.

Basically I wanted to keep the O we had and improve the D. I guess that
is too much to ask.

It appeared at the beginning of the season that many on this board believed this was possible. That Herm could leave the O alone and just improve what needed to be improved on D.

Hopefully next year will be better. I'm just not a believer that our O will be anywhere near what it was the prior 5 years.

Many on the board believe it doesn't have to be. To get to the playoffs I would agree with them to win it all I would disagree. Maybe not as good but close to it.

Chief Nute
01-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I would like to be number one in offense and number 1 in defense.

If that were to happen, I believe that mathematically we would be the best team in the NFL.

If we were the best team in the NFL, we should win the Super Bowl.

Yes, yes, this is what I want.

Why cant I have what I want, dammit!

Damn you Carl! :cuss:

This thread is just plain worthless. Make it stop.

|Zach|
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
He has accomplished as much as DV's whole tenure here.

Brock
01-11-2007, 04:29 PM
There is nothing, repeat nothing, as embarrassing as having the worst defense in the league. Own it, bitch.

Woodrow Call
01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
There is nothing, repeat nothing, as embarrassing as having the worst defense in the league. Own it, bitch.

That's correct sir.

Baby Lee
01-11-2007, 04:56 PM
You need to master your use of the active and passive voice.

DV's failures were 'things we wanted that somehow just didn't happen."
Herm's failures are "things he does to destroy the core of the team."

dirk digler
01-11-2007, 04:59 PM

I don't see any difference between having an embarrassing O performance or an embarrassing D performance. :shrug:

To me going 3 1/2 quarters with no first downs is alot worse than what happened against the Colts in 2003.

Baby Lee
01-11-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't see any difference between having an embarrassing O performance or an embarrassing D performance. :shrug:

To me going 3 1/2 quarters with no first downs is alot worse than what happened against the Colts in 2003.
Antelope alert!! ;)

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Basically I wanted to keep the O we had and improve the D. I guess that is too much to ask.

We didn't have the talent on offense to be #1 again, let alone in the top 10.

Bob Dole
01-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Why don't you just say, "Ha ha I told you so" instead of trying to say we asked for this?
Because that's the topic of his other 75 threads.

el borracho
01-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Actually, I asked for a threesome with Laetitia Casta and Shakira.

Silock
01-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I liek pei.

Calcountry
01-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey Chiefsfan1963,

Next time you get the dying urge to create your own thread, just take your fingers away from the keyboard.

Thanks for the brand new information, though.... :lame:You want to talk about lame? How about your Avvy after that thorough and disgusting beat down your boys took?

Chief Nute
01-11-2007, 08:19 PM
You want to talk about lame? How about your Avvy after that thorough and disgusting beat down your boys took?

Unless you are a Florida fan......dont talk to me. Every other team in America besides Florida would trade places with us.

Brock
01-11-2007, 08:21 PM

What do you mean AN embarrassing D performance? It was an every week occurence. Playing against that defense assured a career day for whatever scrub QB, RB, or WR they were facing. The playoff loss against Indy was just a big old dog turd on top of the crap sundae.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Because that's the topic of his other 75 threads.

Between this guy's threads and reading the grammatical cerebral palsy that is Reerun, it makes me think of the freedom that death will one day bring.

htismaqe
01-11-2007, 09:16 PM
You need to master your use of the active and passive voice.

DV's failures were 'things we wanted that somehow just didn't happen."
Herm's failures are "things he does to destroy the core of the team."

ROFL

milkman
01-11-2007, 09:27 PM
I didn't ask for mediocrity when Carl was hired.
I didn't ask for playoff heartbreak year after year, after year under Marty's leadership.
I didn't ask for a team full of pussies that quit under Gunt.
I didn't ask for a team that couldn't stop my dead grandmother from scoring 30 points under Dick.
I didn't ask for an unimaginitive offensive gameplan that your dead grandmother could predict.

But I got all of that.

What I did ask for is for you to shut the hell up for once in your miserable life.

It's pretty obvious I didn't get what I asked for.

Nzoner
01-11-2007, 09:59 PM
He has accomplished as much as DV's whole tenure here.

Sorry but 13-3 and going toe to toe with Indy until the final round does not even come close to equaling 9-7 and making a focking embarrassment out of this team on national tv.

|Zach|
01-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry but 13-3 and going toe to toe with Indy until the final round does not even come close to equaling 9-7 and making a focking embarrassment out of this team on national tv.
At the end of the day one playoff appearance is one playoff appearance.

Nzoner
01-11-2007, 10:05 PM
What do you mean AN embarrassing D performance? It was an every week occurence. Playing against that defense assured a career day for whatever scrub QB, RB, or WR they were facing. The playoff loss against Indy was just a big old dog turd on top of the crap sundae.

Still,that 13-3 and that play-off game was a much better ride than this season,at least for my money.

Nzoner
01-11-2007, 10:07 PM
At the end of the day one playoff appearance is one playoff appearance.

Well everybody has their own views and if you see last Saturday as an appearance more power to you,personally,I'd call it an MIA.

|Zach|
01-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Well everybody has their own views and if you see last Saturday as an appearance more power to you,personally,I'd call it an MIA.
I'm not happy with it all...theres no doubt about that.

I also wasn't happy with the no punt 2003. No doubt it was a closer and more exciting game. But moral victories ended for me after 2005.

I was beyond disgusted at the celebration of this team in Arrowhead in that game against the Bengals. Acting like they won the Superbowl when they were another team sitting at home in the playoffs.

Another 1 and out is another

1 and out. In this case I see Herm working to do some different things and change the house...I look forward to some of the things he does...

Nzoner
01-11-2007, 10:17 PM
In this case I see Herm working to do some different things and change the house...I look forward to some of the things he does...

and that is your right and I respect that,I just hope that you and others respect my right to say I didn't want Herm here in the first place and he's done absolutely nothing to change my mind.

I guess I'm just becoming a cynical old bastard.

Rausch
01-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Our D is no longer ranked in the celler.

Total D were ranked #16. Right in the middle.

Unfortunately our Total O ranking dropped like a stone to #16. Right in the middle.

You got mediocrity! Enjoy it because you going to have it for at least the next 2 years.

I wish you'd get what I asked for...

chiefsfan1963
01-12-2007, 10:31 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Brock
01-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Still,that 13-3 and that play-off game was a much better ride than this season,at least for my money.

And the other 4 seasons? It still adds up to 5 seasons of FAILURE.

htismaqe
01-12-2007, 10:35 AM

I much prefer the feeling of being 9-0 and then HITTING A BRICK WALL and realizing that your GUTS HAD BEEN RIPPED OUT to the realization that the team was 9-7 and virtually no shot to win in the playoffs under a 1st-year head coach.

Inspector
01-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Well...It's about time.

We've been asking for this for like...forever.

Skip Towne
01-12-2007, 10:42 AM
and that is your right and I respect that,I just hope that you and others respect my right to say I didn't want Herm here in the first place and he's done absolutely nothing to change my mind.

I guess I'm just becoming a cynical old bastard.
I'm another one.

chiefsfan1963
01-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm not happy with it all...theres no doubt about that.

I also wasn't happy with the no punt 2003. No doubt it was a closer and more exciting game. But moral victories ended for me after 2005.

I was beyond disgusted at the celebration of this team in Arrowhead in that game against the Bengals. Acting like they won the Superbowl when they were another team sitting at home in the playoffs.

Another 1 and out is another

1 and out. In this case I see Herm working to do some different things and change the house...I look forward to some of the things he does...

the fact is both DV and Marty were close to putting it all together all they needed was GM like Smith of the Chargers to help them focus on not letting their shortcoming get the better of them.

It was a true shame to watch the most exciting O this franchise has ever had not get the help from their D. All they needed was a Top 20 D and the Chiefs would have at least 1 Championship during DV's tenure as our HC.

With the right GM Marty would have had at least 2 Championships during his 10 year career here. Our D was as dynamic as our O during DV's tenure. All it needed was a Top 20 O.

Mr. Plow
01-12-2007, 10:44 AM

I don't know. The Raiders offense was something to laugh at this year.

Brock
01-12-2007, 10:50 AM
With the right GM Marty would have had at least 2 Championships during his 10 year career here. Our D was as dynamic as our O during DV's tenure. All it needed was a Top 20 O.

Marty had a top 20 O every year he was here except 1. Next excuse.