PDA

View Full Version : New 2007 Ticket Prices

ChiefsFanInIndy
01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Season ticket holders can view their invoices on line now.

Seats went up $5.00 each.

Gold Parking went from 32.50 to 36.00

Red Parking went from 25.00 to 27.50

Coach
01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Can't say I'm surprised.

On the Gold parking, that's quite a jump. $3.50? Damn.

Deberg_1990
01-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, they did make the playoffs.....what do you expect??

Rain Man
01-17-2007, 08:28 PM
$3.5 x 75,000 x 10 home games = $2.65 million.

It's kind of a Tony Gonzalez signing bonus tax.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-17-2007, 08:28 PM
F#cking 12.50 increase per game.

Those motherf#ckers :cuss:

"Hello?? You play to field mediocre teams. You don't play to just play. If making a huge profit and gashing your paying customers irregardless of results doesn't matter....then retire...GET OUT..."

ChiefsCountry
01-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I got an email saying that upper level prices stayed the same.

Phobia
01-17-2007, 09:00 PM
I wonder how much the increase would have been if the Chiefs hadn't not lucked into the playoffs.

Cochise
01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
We have information coming into the CP newsroom that Jack Harry's bi-annual meltdown is in the mail.

OnTheWarpath58
01-17-2007, 09:05 PM
I got an email saying that upper level prices stayed the same.

I didn't get that e-mail, but my invoice reads $1565 for 2 seats.

****ing $78.25 per ticket for Upper Level seats.

Just guessing, but I could probably have Lowers for the same price or less in over 65% of the stadiums in the NFL.

:cuss:

ChiefsCountry
01-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Email from the Chiefs

The Chiefs are one of a few teams in the NFL that offer a payment plan. Most NFL teams require payments to be made in just two installments, or some require a one time full payment. By placing a $100.00 deposit per seat, you will be guaranteed 2007 Kansas City Chiefs season tickets. The Kansas City Chiefs did not raise ticket prices in the upper reserved ($640) and upper tier ($490) seating areas. This deposit will go toward your final balance. All balances must be paid in full by May 18, 2007. The following is the payment plan for 2007:

OnTheWarpath58
01-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Thought I'd do a quick comparison: My seats at Arrowhead versus comparable seats at other venues. In some cases, the stadium doesn't have upper level corner seats, so I went to the next closest/expensive seating area. The only two AFC teams I couldn't get info for were Pittsburgh and the Jets........

KC - 78.25

San Diego - 74

Cincinatti - 60

New England - 59

Houston - 59

Oakland - 46

Baltimore - 45

Jacksonville - 42

Cleveland - 40

Miami - 39

Denver - 39

Tennessee - 35

Indianapolis - 33

Buffalo - 27 (Most expensive ticket: $47)

Guru
01-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Thought I'd do a quick comparison: My seats at Arrowhead versus comparable seats at other venues. In some cases, the stadium doesn't have upper level corner seats, so I went to the next closest/expensive seating area. The only two AFC teams I couldn't get info for were Pittsburgh and the Jets........

KC - 78.25

San Diego - 74

Cincinatti - 60

New England - 59

Houston - 59

Oakland - 46

Baltimore - 45

Jacksonville - 42

Cleveland - 40

Miami - 39

Denver - 39

Tennessee - 35

Indianapolis - 33

Yet according to Carl, Arrowhead prices are VERY competitive.

Kiss my a$$ Carl.

greg63
01-17-2007, 09:49 PM

KC - 78.25

San Diego - 74

Cincinatti - 60

New England - 59

Houston - 59

Oakland - 46

Baltimore - 45

Jacksonville - 42

Cleveland - 40

Miami - 39

Denver - 39

Tennessee - 35

Indianapolis - 33

San Diego was catching up to us so King Carl had to up the price in order to continue setting the pace.

Nzoner
01-17-2007, 09:50 PM

New England - 59

Just one more reason that that entire organization gets props from me,I mean if any franchise had a reason for hiking ticket prices.

OnTheWarpath58
01-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Just one more reason that that entire organization gets props from me,I mean if any franchise had a reason for hiking ticket prices.

They make their money on Suites and Lower Level Sidelines. I think in KC they go for $80ish, in NE they go for $125.

NE has the highest AVERAGE ticket cost in the league, IIRC.

tk13
01-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I was pretty sure I've read NE has the highest ticket prices, or top 2-3. I'm sure like a lot of these teams listed, they totally nail the people sitting in the lower level and in premium seats. Especially with the club seats and suites. I would guess if you compared KC's best seats to other places best seats, it'd compare pretty favorably, especially when you add in PSL's and all. A lot of these teams make a killing off the premium seating.

OnTheWarpath58
01-17-2007, 09:57 PM
San Diego was catching up to us so King Carl had to up the price in order to continue setting the pace.

Yeah, apparently CP forgot that it costs 95% more to live in SD than KC.......

But other than that........

Nzoner
01-17-2007, 09:58 PM
They make their money on Suites and Lower Level Sidelines. I think in KC they go for $80ish, in NE they go for $125.

NE has the highest AVERAGE ticket cost in the league, IIRC.

The day Carl can boast 3 out of 5 Championships and still remain competitive I will gladly fork over $125 per ticket,like I'll ever to worry about that.

OnTheWarpath58
01-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I was pretty sure I've read NE has the highest ticket prices. I'm sure like a lot of these teams listed, they totally nail the people sitting in the lower level and in premium seats. Especially with the club seats and suites. I would guess if you compared KC's best seats to other places best seats, it'd compare pretty favorably, especially when you add in PSL's and all.

If our LL seats cost $100+, I would understand.

But there are many LL STH's spending nearly the same or less than what I am in the UL. And mind you, I'm in the freaking EZ. It's not like I'm between the 30's.

OnTheWarpath58
01-17-2007, 10:02 PM
The day Carl can boast 3 out of 5 Championships and still remain competitive I will gladly fork over $125 per ticket,like I'll ever to worry about that.

Just curious, but what did your seats cost last time you renewed?

I remember someone telling me you had similar seats to mine, just on the other corner of the North EZ.

Nzoner
01-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Just curious, but what did your seats cost last time you renewed?

I remember someone telling me you had similar seats to mine, just on the other corner of the North EZ.

As I recall they were $640 per seat or thereabouts

tk13
01-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I don't think Chiefs tickets are cheap. I don't know what the official rankings are, I just meant that in terms of the average ticket buyer, it would be fairly high because the stadium is old and doesn't have as many suites.

Nzoner
01-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I don't think Chiefs tickets are cheap. I don't know what the official rankings are, I just meant that in terms of the average ticket buyer, it would be fairly high because the stadium is old and doesn't have as many suites.

I sincerely mean this but I could really give a rat's ass about the age and look of Arrowhead,the seats etc.None of those things had anything to do with me giving up my seats.Hell,I'd be happy with aluminum bleacher seating,just take our states motto seriously and "SHOW ME" that you're dedicated to winning a championship.

Coach
01-17-2007, 10:16 PM

So is the renovation project that they are doing, are the Chiefs adding any suites?

If so, will that stablize the ticket prices for say a few years, instead of seeing them getting all jacked up every year?

Of course, that'll depend if Carl Peterson is still around here.

tk13
01-17-2007, 10:30 PM
So is the renovation project that they are doing, are the Chiefs adding any suites?

If so, will that stablize the ticket prices for say a few years, instead of seeing them getting all jacked up every year?

Of course, that'll depend if Carl Peterson is still around here.
Haha... well I wouldn't bank on Carl not raising ticket prices. Does Arrowhead really have any big time seating like these other places?

Denver:

Football-crazed Denver has made every Broncos game a sell-out since 1970. The team has struggled in recent years to sell all of the 8,400 club seat inventory where prices top out at $368 a seat. But for general seating, with prices averaging $64, there is a 24,000 person waiting list.

Philly:

But the Eagles keep all revenue, including the 8,500 club seats and 172 suites, many of which are locked up into the next decade. The team also gets to cash $140 million worth of checks from stadium sponsor Lincoln Financial over 20 years.

Houston:

But owner Bob McNair's stadium is a gold mine, with $40 million in annual premium seating revenue and the biggest naming rights deal in US sportsó a 30-year, $300 million deal with Reliant Energy.

Washington

Since buying the Redskins in 1999, owner Dan Snyder has added 10,000 seats and now has the biggest stadium in the NFL by far. He's not adding cheap seats either. Roughly 800 of the seats are deemed loge or "dream" seats, costing about $400 a game. Fresh off the team's first playoff appearance since 1999, the 'Skins are raising general admission ticket prices for the first time in four years. Seat prices jumped 39 percent for the 2006 season, and parking went up to $35 from $25.

That's all from Forbes... which according to them, Washington's average ticket price is only $2 above the Chiefs average ticket price, yet the Skins bring in over $300 million in revenue, and the Chiefs only $186 million... because of suites and other "premium seating".

Mecca
01-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Here's the thing most other teams offer a cheap section......the Chiefs don't.

This is why I don't go to games anymore it's atleast 100 bucks and well it's not worth that to me with the job CP has done.

OnTheWarpath58
01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Here's the NFC, minus Philly, Washinton and New York.....

Chicago - 60

Dallas - 53

Minnesota - 57

Green Bay - 54

San Francisco - 49

Tampa - 47

St. Louis - 44

Detroit - 40

Carolina - 36

New Orleans - 32

Seattle - 29

Atlanta - 25

Arizona - 10

OnTheWarpath58
01-17-2007, 10:54 PM
So.....

Not including the Giants, Jets, Steelers, Redskins and Eagles.....

The Chiefs have the most expensive tickets to sit within the first 10 rows of the Upper Level Endzones/Corner.

By far.

The average for the 27 teams listed: $44.88

KC is $33.37 over the average for comparable seats.......

ChiefsCountry
01-17-2007, 10:58 PM
The Chiefs probally will double the lower level when the renovations are done and slash the upper level tickets is my guess.

Skip Towne
01-17-2007, 10:58 PM
F#cking 12.50 increase per game.

Those motherf#ckers :cuss:

"Hello?? You play to field mediocre teams. You don't play to just play. If making a huge profit and gashing your paying customers irregardless of results doesn't matter....then retire...GET OUT..."
There is no such word as irregardless. You should know that.

OnTheWarpath58
01-17-2007, 11:00 PM
The Chiefs probally will double the lower level when the renovations are done and slash the upper level tickets is my guess.

While you may be right about the LL, there's no way in hell the UL gets reduced........

ChiefsCountry
01-17-2007, 11:02 PM
While you may be right about the LL, there's no way in hell the UL gets reduced........

I heard from a good source they will.

Mecca
01-17-2007, 11:03 PM
I believe the only way the Chiefs ever cut prices is when people stop buying them......as long as you still sell out your market is dictating to you that you aren't overpriced.

greg63
01-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah, apparently CP forgot that it costs 95% more to live in SD than KC.......

But other than that........

True.

madshaw16
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Thank God my tickets didn't go up this year, I bet that King Carl will find it in the goodness of his heart to drop ticket prices next year though.

BigRedChief
01-18-2007, 07:24 AM
My bill is.....
3 tickets in LL section 111 = $2,535.00
Per Seat Per Game (including exibition games) = $84.10

I'm thinking of selling part of mine.
We are not going to be very good.
I don't see King Carl really improving the team this off season enough to make a run at the playoffs.
It's getting harder to justify spending $3,000 of the families entertaiment $'s to attend football games.

Chiefs_Fan
01-18-2007, 07:39 AM
No way they reduce the prices. EVER!

Chiefs_Fan
01-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Mine stayed the same in 302. $1285.00 for two seats.

Skip Towne
01-18-2007, 07:54 AM
I should have bought an NFL franchise when they were cheap.

morphius
01-18-2007, 07:56 AM
$5 a seat? That is nuts.

I really wonder how long before we have our first game blacked out.

kc rush
01-18-2007, 08:21 AM
$5 a seat? That is nuts.

I really wonder how long before we have our first game blacked out.

Won't happen for a long time. The Chiefs have huge ratings so the broadcasting station (usually channel 5) will buy up unused seats and still make money on the advertising.

StcChief
01-18-2007, 08:22 AM
My bill is.....
3 tickets in LL section 111 = $2,535.00
Per Seat Per Game (including exibition games) = $84.10

I'm thinking of selling part of mine.
We are not going to be very good.
I don't see King Carl really improving the team this off season enough to make a run at the playoffs.
It's getting harder to justify spending $3,000 of the families entertaiment $'s to attend football games.

I'm also considering just letting my seats in Section 122 R22 go. I have no rights they belong to the Chiefs.

I would consider buying some games or split season with another ticket holder in LL.

shaneo69
01-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I gave up my season tickets in Section 323 last year after Herm was hired and bought Cardinals baseball season tickets for the first year at the new Busch.

Best decision I ever made.

Rick
01-18-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't have season tickets but still go to MOST of the games. I travel from Wichita so it gets very expensive. I went to one game this year because it's just too expensive to watch a poor product. I will always be a fan, but just from a distance until there is PROOF of a good team. Damn, where does the cost end? As long as fans pay it, the players will ask for it.

Chiefs_Fan
01-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I drive about 3 hours to get to the games and I make it to most of them every year.

htismaqe
01-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's the thing most other teams offer a cheap section......the Chiefs don't.

This is why I don't go to games anymore it's atleast 100 bucks and well it's not worth that to me with the job CP has done.

Most other teams also offer expensive seats/luxury boxes...the Chiefs don't.

Nzoner
01-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't have season tickets but still go to MOST of the games. I travel from Wichita so it gets very expensive. I went to one game this year because it's just too expensive to watch a poor product. I will always be a fan, but just from a distance until there is PROOF of a good team. Damn, where does the cost end? As long as fans pay it, the players will ask for it.

Yep,I finally did the math

Sunday ticket=$219(16 games in the comfort of my gameroom)

8 cases of Blvd Wheat=$152(12 pack per game)

16 large pizzas=$160(1 pie per weekend)

Total=$531

Chiefs ticket in UL=$640

Parking for 8 games=$160

Gas to get to game

Aw hell you get the idea

Chiefs_Fan
01-18-2007, 11:13 AM

Total=$531

Chiefs ticket in UL=$640

Parking for 8 games=$160

Gas to get to game

Aw hell you get the idea

You forgot:

Arrowhead in person on game day = Priceless!

Nzoner
01-18-2007, 11:15 AM
You forgot:

Uh no,I didn't,my gameroom with a few buddies works fine.

BigRedChief
01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
You forgot:

Yep, I'm a sucker for the gameday experience. If there was no tailgating allowed that would probably push me over the edge and not renew but alas I've already sent the first part of the renewal to King Carl

Chiefs_Fan
01-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Uh no,I didn't,my gameroom with a few buddies works fine.

I understand, I just couldn't resist!

Reerun_KC
01-18-2007, 11:18 AM

Total=$531

Chiefs ticket in UL=$640

Parking for 8 games=$160

Gas to get to game

Aw hell you get the idea

I would consider going to games, but as long as Carl and Herm are there, forget it...

I spend about the same as you per season on the Chiefs. No need to go to Arrowhead.

Plus Driving from OKC to KC = $$$$$

Nzoner
01-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Yep, I'm a sucker for the gameday experience. If there was no tailgating allowed that would probably push me over the edge and not renew but alas I've already sent the first part of the renewal to King Carl

Sucker

Seriously,props to you BRC,I'm sure I'll be attending at least one game next season,I'll use the money I save on buying pre-season to pay for it.

Dartgod
01-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Ours went up from $79/game to $84/game. And of course we have the parking increase.

Honestly, I just don't know if we can do it anymore. I wonder if we send in our $100 deposit while we think about it, if we can get that back later if we decide to forego them?

shaneo69
01-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Seriously,props to you BRC,I'm sure I'll be attending at least one game next season,I'll use the money I save on buying pre-season to pay for it.

I'll try to get tickets to the Indy and Chicago games, but I'm not going back to Arrowhead this year.

Anyone who goes to the games just for the tailgating should try going to a couple college games. I've been to games at Mizzou, Illinois, Tennessee, Vandy, Notre Dame, and Kentucky, and the gameday experience is just as good as Arrowhead's IMO. More coeds/less Carl Peterson.

htismaqe
01-18-2007, 11:52 AM
I'll try to get tickets to the Indy and Chicago games, but I'm not going back to Arrowhead this year.

Anyone who goes to the games just for the tailgating should try going to a couple college games. I've been to games at Mizzou, Illinois, Tennessee, Vandy, Notre Dame, and Kentucky, and the gameday experience is just as good as Arrowhead's IMO. More coeds/less Carl Peterson.

If it wasn't for my unhealthy addiction to the Chiefs that I want to kick but can't, I probably wouldn't follow pro football. I LOVE college football.

Nzoner
01-18-2007, 12:03 PM
If it wasn't for my unhealthy addiction to the Chiefs that I want to kick but can't, I probably wouldn't follow pro football. I LOVE college football.

I had to make a decision sometime back and opted for pro football,it's the one thing I truly love about the gameroom,no matter how bad the Chiefs are I can still keep up with the other games.

Fish
01-18-2007, 12:05 PM
And here I am considering season tickets for the first time...

:banghead: Dammit Carl!

BIG_DADDY
01-18-2007, 12:06 PM

You have attorney fee's mister.

Seriously, I wouldn't get tickets if I lived there as long as Herm is pulling the strings.

Nzoner
01-18-2007, 12:07 PM

Sounds like you should have no problems getting them.

Fish
01-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Sounds like you should have no problems getting them.

But with the general consensus from this thread.... I may be tailgating alone.... :sulk:

StcChief
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
I gave up my season tickets in Section 323 last year after Herm was hired and bought Cardinals baseball season tickets for the first year at the new Busch.

Best decision I ever made.

I didn't make it down to Busch last year. First time since moving to STL in 1978 that I didn't get to a Cardinal game.

I will be going this year.

BIG_DADDY
01-18-2007, 12:42 PM
But with the general consensus from this thread.... I may be tailgating alone.... :sulk:

Bring your sister, I'm sure others might show up then. :bong:

BigRedChief
01-18-2007, 01:05 PM
I didn't make it down to Busch last year. First time since moving to STL in 1978 that I didn't get to a Cardinal game.

I will be going this year.
I went to a game in a suite and another one late in the season out in the bleachers. And of course one in the World Series.PBJ

BigRedChief
01-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I'll be there for every game.

Cochise
01-18-2007, 01:40 PM
It's easier just to go to single games. I never have a problem finding a ticket at face value or within $10 or so, and this way I can just pay for the 3-4-5 games that I go to and not get stuck paying for all 10.

stevieray
01-18-2007, 01:52 PM
This is disheartening. I can totally understand why some have and would give up their tickets...

I haven't received my email yet, so I don't know if mine has gone up, though I'm sure it has.

madshaw16
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I'll be there for every game too, I'm just to addicted to the tailgating.