PDA

View Full Version : James Wilson decommits from USC

DaKCMan AP
01-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Both rivals.com and scout.com are reporting that five-star James Wilson, perhaps the nation's top offensive lineman, has de-committed from USC and is now committed to the Gators.

:)

KcMizzou
01-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Mecca's gonna hunt you down.

mikey23545
01-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Mecca's gonna hunt you down.

ROFL

Uncle_Ted
01-17-2007, 11:20 PM
DAMMIT CARL !!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Sign him NOW!

Mecca
01-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Eh I was almost expecting it.....When you try to grab the best players out of other states you'll lose more than you win. He was always a "soft" commit, I don't like losing 5 star guys but it happens. It also doesn't help when every 5 minutes a tv show talks about how your coach is leaving for the NFL.

As long as we continue to own Cali recruiting while pulling in some top guys from other states we'll be just fine.

Atleast you didn't post 'Florida is the new dynasty and is gonna whip ya'lls asses" like I read about 42 times today on the USC boards.......I hope all Florida fans aren't that stupid.

88TG88
01-18-2007, 12:43 AM
ya this REALLY sucks. now SC's o line depth for the future is gonna be low. we're gonna have to do something huge next year to reload the o-line

DaKCMan AP
01-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Eh I was almost expecting it.....When you try to grab the best players out of other states you'll lose more than you win. He was always a "soft" commit, I don't like losing 5 star guys but it happens. It also doesn't help when every 5 minutes a tv show talks about how your coach is leaving for the NFL.

As long as we continue to own Cali recruiting while pulling in some top guys from other states we'll be just fine.

Atleast you didn't post 'Florida is the new dynasty and is gonna whip ya'lls asses" like I read about 42 times today on the USC boards.......I hope all Florida fans aren't that stupid.

Eh...no one that I associate with talks like that. People shouldn't have their hopes too high next year. We'll still be great, don't get me wrong, but we're replacing 9 starters on defense and a few on offense. Plus it's going to be a VERY young team. Although, they'll be a more athletic, faster team as well. In 2008, they'll be money.

And about Wilson, what makes the switch less surprising is that he was a high school teammate of Tim Tebow and lives an hour or so away from Gainesville.

kepp
01-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Nice...bandwagon commitment. Would he have committed to OSU if they would have won the national championship?

Infidel Goat
01-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't think any team should feel confident about Wilson until signing day . . .

DaKCMan AP
01-26-2007, 10:11 AM
So, first we stole a 4-star QB commit from Texas. Then we grab a 5-star OL commit from USC. Now we take away a 5-star DL commit from Notre Dame. LMAO

This is shaping up to be Florida's best recruiting class ever with 7 5-star and 14 4-star commits with a few more scholarships left.

Trattou Jumps Aboard Gator Gravy Train

By Bob Redman
GatorCountry.com Associate Editor
Posted Jan 25, 2007

The Gator Gravy Train continues rumbling as yet another five star defensive line prospect jumped aboard. Justin Trattou of Ramsey (NJ) Don Bosco Prep decided Thursday that he would change his commitment from Notre Dame to Florida. The Gators’ mass exodus on the defensive line means Trattou will help fill a huge need for 2007.

It was a tough call for Trattou (6-4, 250) who has been committed to Notre Dame for quite some time. He recently visited Gainesville this past weekend and it certainly was more than he ever anticipated it being. He knew it was a change he had to make.

“I will always appreciate (Notre Dame),” Trattou said. “They were good to me and I can't say anything negative about them. The more I looked at it though, I just figured Florida was the spot for me.

“When I went down there on the official I saw the people, the atmosphere, the way the defense plays, the way the whole team chemistry was, I just wanted to be a part of it. Now, I just want to come in there and contribute and try and make that team better.”

It really wasn’t the National Championship that opened his eyes to the Gators. A bit of bad timing in his recruitment saw the Gators offer Trattou just as he was ready to make a commitment to his former favorite.

“(Florida) offered me back in the beginning of summer,” he said. “It was pretty hectic because that was the week I was committing (to Notre Dame). I pretty much committed early because my high school team prepared to win the state championship and did and I wanted to get (the recruiting) out of the way for the season.. We ended up number one in the state and seven in the country.”

The Gators were on his mind though and he was able to catch them on the television a couple of times. He saw an attacking and hungry defense that played like everything was on the line. So, he took a chance to come to Gainesville and see what else he might like.

“After watching how that defensive line played, I saw them a couple of times,” he said. “I always wanted to check them out and got the opportunity. It was more than I expected and I am really looking forward to getting down there.

“Coach Mattison is a great coach and his players play well. He showed me how good his guys were, how athletic they were and the passion they played with. I wanted to be a part of that.”

The plan during the week was to give Notre Dame one more chance to talk him out of what was an inevitable decision by making a trip to South Bend and talking things over with the staff and players there.. After thinking about it, he knew his mind wasn’t going to change and decided the best thing to do was getting the decision over with now.

“I was thinking about doing it (making the trip), but in the back of my mind I knew I was going to go to Florida,” he said. “Out of respect to them I let them know so they could get out there and do what they have to do.”

So, the Gator staff got to celebrate maybe a little earlier than they expected. Trattou let them know Thursday on their in-home visit that he would be coming to Gainesville in the fall and donning the Orange and Blue.

“I had Coach Meyer, Coach Mattison, and Coach Addazio at my house,” Trattou said. “When I told them I was going to be a Gator, they all jumped up and we started hugging, it was a special time.”

Woodrow Call
01-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Leave MU's 2 star recruits alone. :cuss:

:p

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Another 5-star commit :D

Major Wright Says He's A Gator
Gator Country Staff
GatorCountry.com Jan 30, 2007

The hits just keep on coming for the Florida Gators, both literally and figuratively. The national champion Gators added Major Wright to the fold Tuesday morning, another five-star (by Scout.com) addition to the nation's top recruiting class. With Wright the Gators add the nation's hardest hitting safety. He's Florida's eighth five-star commitment to the class of 2007.

The 6-1, 205-pounder from St. Thomas Aquinas was going to announce at a press conference at the school in Fort Lauderdale Tuesday morning but due to some unforeseen circumstances the conference was cancelled. He called Florida's coaching staff to confirm that he's going to be a Gator.

Wright chose the Gators over Ohio State, Miami and Notre Dame. He made his official visit to Florida the weekend of the national championship celebration and the reaction of the crowd of some 70,000 diehard Gator fans helped to make the decision easier.

"It was fun to see how all the fans reacted and enjoyed that championship," Wright told the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel. "It felt pretty good to see how it will go if we win another national championship. And it's nice that my parents will be able to see me play."

Wright intercepted three passes and blocked three punts for the Raiders, who lost to eventual national champion Lakeland in the Florida 5A championship game.

Scout.com rates Wright the number four safety prospect in the nation.

http://florida.scout.com/2/614243.html

Ultra Peanut
01-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Damnit, Wilson!

http://imgred.com/http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Robertseanleonard.jpg

Bowser
01-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I saw the St. Thomas Aquinas part and thought "does KC really have 5 star recruits?"

And who the hell names their kid "Major"? What, the kid wasn't good enough for Lt. Colonel?

Iowanian
01-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Florida must have upped the Salary cap for thier team. UCS must have been penalized from overspending their budget the past few years.

If the guy wants to be a Great Olineman...he should go to Iowa. With what Ferentz does with walkons and 2 stars.......He could turn that guy into Willie Roaf.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2007, 02:43 PM
If the guy wants to be a Great Olineman...he should go to Iowa. With what Ferentz does with walkons and 2 stars.......He could turn that guy into Willie Roaf.

Yeah, unless they want to win championships and/or not suck when they get to the NFL.

Iowanian
01-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Florida probably spends more money on players than the Broncos.....

An entire "1 in a row"....I can see why you're so cocky.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
An entire "1 in a row"....I can see why you're so cocky.

2 in 10 years as opposed to.....never. :hmmm:

Mecca
01-30-2007, 04:53 PM
2 in 10 years as opposed to.....never. :hmmm:

Have you noticed how as soon as your team is winning while no one elses is they all make jokes about your team cheating.......Welcome to my world.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Have you noticed how as soon as your team is winning while no one elses is they all make jokes about your team cheating.......Welcome to my world.

It's expected. However, I don't have to deal with the "bandwagon fan" accusations. ;)

DaKCMan AP
02-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Another 5-star commit, DT John Brown. Although, it's not a sure thing that he'll qualify academically.

Nevertheless, 9 5-star recruits and possibly a couple more to add in the coming days.