PDA

View Full Version : Ice storm update.

JimNasium
01-18-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm still without power at my house. What's everyone else's status?

Redrum_69
01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh damn

wave two is hitting this weekend

Fairplay
01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Its snowing in L.A.

Nzoner
01-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Does Jenny have enough batteries?

luv
01-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I got mine back Tuesday. I'm out by the southside Library Center. My dad was still without as of last night (haven't talked to him today), and he's over by the Kickapoo soccer fields. The people across the cul de sac from him all have it.

Reerun_KC
01-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Getting better here in OKC, have power, having a hell of a time getting anywhere unless you are on emergency snow routes...

Major Interstates and parkways are clear...

BUT.. 6"-10" of snow on the way tomorrow.

luv
01-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Getting better here in OKC, have power, having a hell of a time getting anywhere unless you are on emergency snow routes...

Major Interstates and parkways are clear...

BUT.. 6"-10" of snow on the way tomorrow.
Yeah. I hear that snow is headed this way this weekend. Ya'all can keep it.

Chiefs_Fan
01-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Might get a little traction on the snow.

Stinger
01-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Neiborhood lost power Friday night got it back Monday have not lost again. The neiborhood tree situation on the hand is no where near done.

Chiefs_Fan
01-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I never lost power, just a lot of tree limbs and one really big tree down. (read as fire wood for next year)

dirk digler
It's supposed to snow in KC tomorrow?

Reerun_KC
Yeah. I hear that snow is headed this way this weekend. Ya'all can keep it.

Not thrilled about it... I would rather is pass then dump it all on you guys...

Nothing personal!

Nzoner
01-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Here's to hoping we don't lose power or satellite signal because I will driving out of my way to find the games on Sunday.

JimNasium
01-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Might get a little traction on the snow.
Our roads never got bad. All of the ice collected on the trees and power lines though.

Bob Dole
01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I never lost power, just a lot of tree limbs and one really big tree down. (read as fire wood for next year)
You're on the east side of the state, so the state government will probably send someone in to clean that all up for you, stack it nicely, and send you a big check to cover the tree's replacement value.

Skip Towne
01-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Our roads never got bad. All of the ice collected on the trees and power lines though.
Pay your electric bill, Nasium, ya bum.

Reerun_KC
01-18-2007, 11:21 AM

Skip your still around? I figured with all this ICE you would of lost your dialup by now...

Skip Towne
01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Skip your still around? I figured with all this ICE you would of lost your dialup by now...
Dialup? I've got DSL.

JimNasium
01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Didn't you guys end up with ice on the roads but not on the trees? I hate ice. :cuss:

Chiefs_Fan
01-18-2007, 11:23 AM
You're on the east side of the state, so the state government will probably send someone in to clean that all up for you, stack it nicely, and send you a big check to cover the tree's replacement value.

I got the check already, but if I want them to clean it up I have to take more money from them. I just don't feel comfortable with that!

luv
01-18-2007, 11:26 AM
That really surprised me. Thankful though. I hate driving in that crap. Hopefully, we don't get too much snow this weekend. It's easier to drive in than ice would have been, but it's still a bitch.

Reerun_KC
01-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Dialup? I've got DSL.
Joke, work with me here!

Redrum_69
01-18-2007, 11:29 AM
DSL....

I been working all these DSL orders all over Kansas, Missouri, Texas, and Oregon..for um..well you know who

Anyways...thats all I do anymore...ordering circuits...setting up all the paperwork for the site techs...and then project management for each line/install until its completed and working in the system..and the customer is satisfied

JimNasium
01-18-2007, 11:30 AM
That really surprised me. Thankful though. I hate driving in that crap. Hopefully, we don't get too much snow this weekend. It's easier to drive in than ice would have been, but it's still a bitch.
I'm pretty sure that the utility is going to have to touch every single backyard in my neighborhood based on the sound of exploding transformers over the weekend. The snow will just slow that down.

Just an FYI, the City will most likely be organizing curbside pickup of debris. The limbs will have to be cut in 6 foot sections or shorter.

Skip Towne
01-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Didn't you guys end up with ice on the roads but not on the trees? I hate ice. :cuss:
Yeah, we have 4-5 inches of ice on the streets. It looks like snow but it is solid ice. They are using road graders instead of snowplows.

morphius
01-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Joke, work with me here!
Well, there is such a big difference since they both use different lines an... Oh wait... Umm, nevermind.

StcChief
01-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Never lost power. May lose Flowering crab tree.....time will tell.

Just Ice cubes falling now from trees.

luv
01-18-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that the utility is going to have to touch every single backyard in my neighborhood based on the sound of exploding transformers over the weekend. The snow will just slow that down.

Just an FYI, the City will most likely be organizing curbside pickup of debris. The limbs will have to be cut in 6 foot sections or shorter.
What part of town are you in? I figured dad's would be up before mine was with him living so close to the high school. It's back up, but dad's isn't. He said there are about 8-9 houses in his area that are still without. He's thinking it might be due to some of the poles in the back yards as well. There aren't a lot of trees around here, so I'm good in that area. Dad's street has pretty much got their own cleared up. tommykat lost a few trees and had some possible damage done to her roof/guttering due to branches. I don't think she has power yet either, but I'm not for sure. Dad lost one tree.

Redrum_69
01-18-2007, 11:38 AM
The limbs will have to be cut in 6 foot sections or shorter.

IN related news...There has been an influx of Romanian doctors assigned to designated areas across the state to help with the cutting of limbs....

JimNasium
01-18-2007, 11:39 AM
What part of town are you in? I figured dad's would be up before mine was with him living so close to the high school. It's back up, but dad's isn't. He said there are about 8-9 houses in his area that are still without. He's thinking it might be due to some of the poles in the back yards as well. There aren't a lot of trees around here, so I'm good in that area. Dad's street has pretty much got their own cleared up. tommykat lost a few trees and had some possible damage done to her roof/guttering due to branches. I don't think she has power yet either, but I'm not for sure. Dad lost one tree.
I'm in the Southeast part of town in an older neighborhood. Above ground power lines, mature trees and no electricity.

PastorMikH
01-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Never lost power here. Most of the bad stuff hit east of us.

Frazod
01-18-2007, 02:59 PM
In Chicago, we got a dusting of snow. The roads were a bit slick Saturday night, but that was about it.

We had about 6" of snow in the beginning of December. That's been it up here. The shit seems to hit everywhere but here. In fact, we haven't had truly serious snow accumulations in years. And we never get bad ice.

One of these days we're gonna get socked to make up for it, too.

bogie
01-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Man I miss Missouri. Man I'm glad I don't live in Missouri.

Discuss Thrower
01-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Joplin lost power in most parts.. Neosho is apparently getting FEMA folks to drop in for a visit. Small towns like Pineville, Southwest City, Anderson, lost power and our company's generators failed, so they lost phone service. My little neck of the woods never lost power, though the lights dimmed and my surgeprotector/battery whined a bit when the heater kicked on in the house. My annoyance was the fact our wireless internet service went down and stayed down until 11:00pm last night since Sunday.

TinyEvel
01-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I flew from Chicago to L.A. on Tuesday. For the first two hours of the flight, the entire U.S. was a blanket of white.

I slipped on ice walking my dog the other morning (in Los Angeles) Lived here my whole life and that was a first.

bogie
01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I flew from Chicago to L.A. on Tuesday. For the first two hours of the flight, the entire U.S. was a blanket of white.

I slipped on ice walking my dog the other morning (in Los Angeles) Lived here my whole life and that was a first.

I was able to handle the ice on the sidewalks. My dog however, had no idea how to handle it. I had to walk her in the street so she would quit busting her ass.

ChiefsOne
01-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Still no power. Our neighborhood is a mess, lots of mature trees, trees and limbs down everywhere.

bogie
01-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Still no power. Our neighborhood is a mess, lots of mature trees, trees and limbs down everywhere.

It must be VERY frustrating. What's the temperature right now?

ChiefsOne
01-18-2007, 03:51 PM
It must be VERY frustrating. What's the temperature right now?

Today is the highest it has been since last Thursday, it is 31į. Frustrating as hell, I want my house back. Went over last night to feed the dogs, walking into your cold, dark home with flash lights seems surreal, like a deserted home.

Skip Towne
01-18-2007, 04:02 PM
On the news they showed a deer that had gotten stranded on a frozen pond. It was about 40 yards from shore. It would try to stand up but couldn't stay up so it just laid there on the ice. The rescuers were afraid of the damage it would do if they went out to save it. So they got a helicopter and used the propwash to push the deer to the shore. It then got up and ran away. It was cool.

bogie
01-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Today is the highest it has been since last Thursday, it is 31į. Frustrating as hell, I want my house back. Went over last night to feed the dogs, walking into your cold, dark home with flash lights seems surreal, like a deserted home.

I'm sure. Silly question, are your dogs staying in the house?

bogie
01-18-2007, 04:05 PM
On the news they showed a deer that had gotten stranded on a frozen pond. It was about 40 yards from shore. It would try to stand up but couldn't stay up so it just laid there on the ice. The rescuers were afraid of the damage it would do if they went out to save it. So they got a helicopter and used the propwash to push the deer to the shore. It then got up and ran away. It was cool.

propwash? Is that the wind from the helicopter props?

ChiefsOne
01-18-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm sure. Silly question, are your dogs staying in the house?

In the garage, they are outside dogs, but the fence is broken in quite a few places and the backyard has limbs everywhere. My wife or I go over 4-5 times a day to let them out for a little while.

Skip Towne
01-18-2007, 04:18 PM
propwash? Is that the wind from the helicopter props?
Yes.

bogie
01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
In the garage, they are outside dogs, but the fence is broken in quite a few places and the backyard has limbs everywhere. My wife or I go over 4-5 times a day to let them out for a little while.

Must be frustrating for the dogs as well. On the other hand they may love being in the garage.

ChiefsOne
01-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Must be frustrating for the dogs as well. On the other hand they may love being in the garage.

Oh I am sure they do, it looks worse than outside. They have thrashed everything they could get a hold of.

bogie
01-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh I am sure they do, it looks worse than outside. They have thrashed everything they could get a hold of.

:)

Nzoner
01-18-2007, 05:21 PM

Saw that while we having dinner at 54th,good stuff.

Halfcan
01-18-2007, 05:23 PM
I am still without beer-can someone call the Governor?

PastorMikH
01-18-2007, 09:14 PM

Tree trimmers love this kind of weather. Buddy of mine back in KS trims trees. He was always happy when ice storms hit.

PinkFloyd
01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Saw that while we having dinner at 54th,good stuff.

Dinner for me at 54th is usually an appetizer of a Busch Lite... Then; I order a Busch Lite for the main course... I always get plenty of re-fills of Busch Lite while eatting my Busch Lite... Then; for dessert -- it's the famous Busch Lite !!!!!!!

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Skip Towne
01-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Dinner for me at 54th is usually an appetizer of a Busch Lite... Then; I order a Busch Lite for the main course... I always get plenty of re-fills of Busch Lite while eatting my Busch Lite... Then; for dessert -- it's the famous Busch Lite !!!!!!!

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM
You actually drink that swill? That crap will gag a maggot.

PinkFloyd
01-18-2007, 09:26 PM
You actually drink that swill? That crap will gag a maggot.

Usually it's 3/4 gallon fruit punch and a 5th of 190 proof grain....

Just can't find it at most bars.....

luv
01-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Dad finally got power back tonight. Haven't heard anything on tk's house yet.

JimNasium
01-19-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm still in the dark. :shake:

Woodrow Call
01-19-2007, 03:26 PM
My sister lives outside of Fair Grove and hasn't had power since Friday.

bogie
01-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Jesus! What the hell? What about your neighbors, are they also in the dark?

MOhillbilly
01-19-2007, 03:34 PM
no power at home but i did see power trucks & clean up crews.

KC has power though:)

bogie
01-19-2007, 03:36 PM
My sister lives outside of Fair Grove and hasn't had power since Friday.

Is she hot? j/k, is the majority of Fair Grove still without power? Have schools been out all week? I remember when I was a kid, this crap made it so we had to make up missed school days at the end of the year. I hated that.

boogblaster
01-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Well look out sw mozu theres another big snow storm headed your way...

Rain Man
01-19-2007, 05:56 PM

You're welcome to stay at my house, but you'll have to make your own commuting arrangements.

I think my parents in Springfield are also still without power. That gets old fast.

|Zach|
01-19-2007, 10:45 PM
I am going into day 8 of no power. I actually drove to KC this evening after getting some things at work switched up. I am coming back to Springtown Tuesday. I am sure it won't be on by then...I have been told it could be...

Wait for it...

6-10 more days of no power.

I have been staying with a friend since it gone out...as nice as she has been about it you hate to inconvenience someone for that amount of time...this little trip back to KC is perfect...

Frazod
01-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Eight days? :eek: Jesus, that's unbelievable. Do you live out the sticks somewhere, or is it that bad in town?

|Zach|
01-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Eight days? :eek: Jesus, that's unbelievable. Do you live out the sticks somewhere, or is it that bad in town?
8 days is what is has been and 6-10 is what im looking forward too.

I am in midtown...directly south of Missouri State's campus. It is just the make up of the area...lots of foliage. The trees are so ****ed up...the big stuff power wise is fixed...what is left is house to house to house bullshit...getting trees and fixing power.

Frazod
01-19-2007, 11:04 PM

I am in midtown...directly south of Missouri State's campus. It is just the make up of the area...lots of foliage. The trees are so ****ed up...the big stuff power wise is fixed...what is left is house to house to house bullshit...getting trees and fixing power.

Well, I sure hope you don't have wait that long. Can't imagine how bad its going to be for people way out in the country.

Damn I didn't realize it was that bad.

|Zach|
01-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, I sure hope you don't have wait that long. Can't imagine how bad its going to be for people way out in the country.

It hasn't been too bad...just one long pain in the ass...an annoyance. I have great friends here who are really good to me. It is just rough bc there are a lot of people who are a lot less fortunate than I am. It is easy to relocate a bunch of college aged guys but I feel for some of these families around here.

I have been doing a lot of reading...which is good.

Bob Dole
01-19-2007, 11:29 PM

You live in Phelps Grove Park?

|Zach|
01-19-2007, 11:30 PM
You live in Phelps Grove Park?
Loren St. Phelps Grove Neighborhood.

Bob Dole
01-20-2007, 03:42 AM
Loren St. Phelps Grove Neighborhood.

Bob Dole was just exercising the somewhat shocking ability to recall landmarks from a place he hasn't lived for more than 20 years.

stumppy
01-20-2007, 09:23 AM
I lost heat and power 8 days ago. After the first 4 days I figured enough was enough and bought a generator. I got one big enough to run most everything at the same time except the hot water heater. Anytime I wanted hot water I had to shut most everything down then hook up the water heater. Kind of a pain but it beat the hell out of no power at all.
Finally got the power,phone, and cable back on yesterday morning.
I had a couple of keroseen heaters that helped but the coldest days last week really suckedBoth of those days the temperature in my bedroom, in the mornings was in the mid 20's.
One thing is for sure. I will always have a generator in the future. That going without power crap is for the birds.

Bowser
01-20-2007, 09:39 AM

3-5 weeks for folks out in the sticks. And that is a conservative estimate, from what I'm told.

On a related note, apparently Nebraska got blasted real bad a week or two ago with an ice storm. Aparently, mains were down all the way from Grand Island to Kearney. Sucks for all.

|Zach|
01-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Bob Dole was just exercising the somewhat shocking ability to recall landmarks from a place he hasn't lived for more than 20 years.
Total respect.

Phobia
01-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I lost heat and power 8 days ago. After the first 4 days I figured enough was enough and bought a generator. I got one big enough to run most everything at the same time except the hot water heater. Anytime I wanted hot water I had to shut most everything down then hook up the water heater. Kind of a pain but it beat the hell out of no power at all.
Finally got the power,phone, and cable back on yesterday morning.
I had a couple of keroseen heaters that helped but the coldest days last week really suckedBoth of those days the temperature in my bedroom, in the mornings was in the mid 20's.
One thing is for sure. I will always have a generator in the future. That going without power crap is for the birds.
Like we should be impressed that you can provide electricity for a van down by the river.

boogblaster
01-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Snowing like hell here in se kansas, probably 2 inches and no sign of stopping..already had 2 inches of ice on the ground.....

L.A. Chieffan
01-20-2007, 12:20 PM
This is all one big joke thread...right? :eek:

Reerun_KC
01-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Raining like hell in OKC... sleet and rain mix.. no signs of snow though...

BoogBlaster? Where in SE Kansas are you?

boogblaster
01-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Quincy 19 miles east of Eureka ...

Reerun_KC
01-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Quincy 19 miles east of Eureka ...
Where in relation to Parsons or Pittsburg?

Reerun_KC
01-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Check that, Snow/Sleet/Rain Mix here in Edmond, north of OKC....

luv
01-20-2007, 12:25 PM
It snowing. :(

boogblaster
01-20-2007, 12:30 PM
North and east of Parsons about 70 miles as the crow flies...

Reerun_KC
01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Got ya... I was born and raise in Parsons. What a shit hole....

Over-Head
01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Bit of a warm day up here in the "land of the flyng snow flake".
It warmed up to -29 got me kinda scared that the roof of the igloo might get weak. :eek:
And what with the light snow fall warning predicted of 35" you can understand my fear.

Hopefully the wind dies down soon, these 135mph gusts make it a living hell going to the outhouse, and lord knows thereís only so much heat you can get from a Sears catalog and a candle in the shitter..

Nearly lost the lead dog from the sled team last night in the "so called blizzard".
Hell we only got 9ft dumped on us inside 12 hours, canít understand what the forecasters were talking about. :hmmm:
If it werenít for the 9minís of sun were up to now every day I might not even be able to re-charge the solar battery panel I built out of 13,644 used every ready batteries.

Can't totally complain though, the snow snakes are finally hibernating, and there's plenty of wild Balgonieís to trap and eat.

All in all, canít wait for the worst of the winter season to come and go so I can get outside again. :thumb:

boogblaster
01-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Yea not much there..used to drive thru there when my son played football against Chetopta...

Reerun_KC
01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Ah good ol Chetopa... My Grandparents live there....

I played a few football games on that 8 man field in Chetopa...

morphius
01-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Snowing in KC now

J Diddy
01-20-2007, 01:23 PM
It snowing. :(

snowing, sleeting and cold in joplin, mo

Skip Towne
01-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Got ya... I was born and raise in Parsons. What a shit hole....
I agree. When Kansas shits it comes out in Parsons. Do you know any of the La Forge boys?

JimNasium
01-22-2007, 07:24 AM
As of this morning at 7:30 I am still without power. Tree crews have been through the neighborhood (on Saturday) and power crews are working this way. I don't think people outside of the area comprehend the level of destruction that we had. I live in an older neighborhood (my house was built in 1971) with huge trees. The crews are literally forced to go yard by yard to restore power. Thank God for homebrew.

MOhillbilly
01-22-2007, 07:37 AM
i got power.

DMAC
01-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Still out...and have been living in Branson. My office just got on yesterday on E. Sunshine.

I haven't shaved since it went out that first night. I have nice "protest beard" going on.

deadbabyseal
01-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Got my power back Saturday. I went almost exactly one week without it. Good God in heaven I was bored.

Redrum_69
01-22-2007, 08:49 AM
You ever been having sex and just say something off the wall crazy?

Last night the wife and I were going at it....and right when I got close I said:

"Dont forget to do the laundry after this.."

The expression on her face was priceless...and I beat her to the finish line...and didnt let her finish. She asked why I did that...all I said was..

"that way you'll be ready to go again later on tonight..."

ChiefsOne
01-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Got power back at 8:30 last night. 9 long ass days.

ChiefButthurt
01-22-2007, 11:00 AM
A good generator and a full house connection would be in order folks. Like mine... :p

JimNasium
01-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I got power today at 4:00 p.m. Wow, what a crappy week that was. :shake:

SLQ
01-22-2007, 08:29 PM
6" of ice and underground power hookups = sustained power.

JimNasium
01-22-2007, 08:32 PM
6" of ice and underground power hookups = sustained power.
Hopefully the City will put in place a capital program to bury utilities. In the meantime I would just settle for an aggressive tree trimming campaign.

papasmurf
01-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Hopefully the City will put in place a capital program to bury utilities. In the meantime I would just settle for an agressive tree trimming campaign.

The people that I know that have underground utilities were the last to be restored.

JimNasium
01-22-2007, 08:37 PM
The people that I know that have underground utilities were the last to be restored.
That might be true but I think in general those with buried utilities got off easier than those of us in older neighborhoods. My parents have buried utilities as well but their feeder comes through an older neighborhood. Once the feeder was up they were good to go. Ravenwood was not that lucky. They had to go yard to yard to get us back online.

DMAC
01-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Still out. No signs of anything coming soon. Getting pissed. Want to stick my steel toe boot up John Twitty's ass.

JimNasium
01-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Still out. No signs of anything coming soon. Getting pissed. Want to stick my steel toe boot up John Twitty's ass.
That sucks. What neighborhood do you live in?

Redrum_69
01-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Arent we supposed to be getting another round of storms..ice/snow...on Saturday night?

luv
01-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Just think of the money you'll be saving on your utility bill. Mine, however, was about double what is usually is. Weird. All joking aside, I hope you get it back soon.

luv
01-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Arent we supposed to be getting another round of storms..ice/snow...on Saturday night?
Don't even joke about such things.

DMAC
01-23-2007, 02:04 PM
That sucks. What neighborhood do you live in?North of Battlefield Mall.

ChiefsOne
01-23-2007, 02:14 PM
front yard

ChiefsOne
01-23-2007, 02:16 PM
backyard

ChiefsOne
01-23-2007, 02:19 PM
these are limbs off a big ass tree in my backyard

ChiefsOne
01-23-2007, 02:22 PM
this is the stack of limbs I pickup out of my yard Sunday, the pile was 30' long X 9' high X 7' deep

Cave Johnson
01-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Cable was restored yesterday, right in the middle of PTI.

It was a long 10 days.

bogie
01-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I really am sorry for all the BS you folks have been experiencing. You seem to be handling it well though. Hang in there the best you can.

JimNasium
01-23-2007, 03:11 PM
North of Battlefield Mall.
I've got one of my staff in that same area who's still in the dark too. Hang in there. If you need a cold beer and electric lights for a while drop me a PM. I'm only a 10 minute drive away.

JimNasium
01-23-2007, 03:12 PM
this is the stack of limbs I pickup out of my yard Sunday, the pile was 30' long X 9' high X 7' deep
Good Lord. You got hammered. :shake:

DMAC
01-23-2007, 03:39 PM
I've got one of my staff in that same area who's still in the dark too. Hang in there. If you need a cold beer and electric lights for a while drop me a PM. I'm only a 10 minute drive away.My office was out all last week too.

We were lucky that our timeshare up in Branson let any refugees stay without penalizing us or using up our time. So that was nice.

Now the office is back on in Springfield so we are having to go to in-laws because they are closer to my office than Branson is.

...I'll tell ya, power better get back on pretty soon, or my mother-in-law will convince my wife to divorce me.

ChiefsOne
01-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Good Lord. You got hammered. :shake:

Yeah that was a fun 2 days of yard work for 4 of us.

DMAC
01-23-2007, 04:16 PM
If you want to see something crazy go drive on E. Sunshine, and across from the fire station and the Enterprise area, on the south side of the road, there is a little mini forest that was just ripped to shreds.

I don't know what kind of trees they all were, but, they were all the same kind, and they are all DEMOLISHED.

It's wild lookin.

J Diddy
01-23-2007, 04:20 PM
I had to drive through springfield today, man that' crazy

I've never seen so many trees down in my life

hope it gets better for you folks here soon