PDA

View Full Version : Do you / Will you Spank your Kids?

SLAG
01-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Simple...

If you are an parent do/did you spank your children

if you plan to be a parent will you spank your children?

What say you?

Coach
01-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Is this a poll?

crazycoffey
01-19-2007, 08:56 AM
about to get personal,

I did/do, but currently going through a custody battle with the ex. She spanks and her new husband uses a belt, but in being the first to cry "foul" to the courts, had me fighting for my rights to visitation because of said spankings and false accusations to child abuse.

I believe the the validity of spanking and feel it does have it's place in parenting, but I will not do it again, now for there is a mixed message that my kids will not understand for sometime, higher road taking here, and hope the kids see who was right later in life.

bkkcoh
01-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Our kids are 17, 15, and 14. It has been a while since we have. But we did when they were younger.

Bowser
01-19-2007, 08:58 AM
I've done it once, and that was just a single swat.

I've found that the right look on your face teamed with the right tone in your voice can bring about change in your kid.

Iowanian
01-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I will when its necessary. I think the fact that a parent proves they WILL do it, makes it less necessary when used as an option for their choice to behave. "would you rather stop doing that, or get a boost?"

I think if a new step-parent touched my child with a belt, I'd ruin his shit.

Saulbadguy
01-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Never out of anger, and not with any kind of force. It shouldn't hurt physically.

Brock
01-19-2007, 09:03 AM
I have, and I wish I never had.

BigRedChief
01-19-2007, 09:04 AM
We have never spanked my son.

But the poll is misleading. I don't think that the parents that chose to spank their kids are "sick" or making an immoral choice. It's just a parenting choice. There is no right or wrong absolute.

Amnorix
01-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Yes, but it's beyond extremely rare. I've spanked my oldest, who is generally just not a tough or bullheaded kid, maybe twice in his 5 years. The youngest, who is 2-1/2 years old and destined to be a middle linebacker, maybe 4 times.

Each time it's only like 3 swats, and not with all of my might (can't imagine doing that). Anybody who needs to pull out a belt to get the message across to little kids is pretty damn pathetic.

Usually when they're bad I put them in the corner. Spankings would occur after a couple trips to the corner haven't worked, or if they did something that was beyond the pale and they knew it was wrong.

And, as Bowser said, the right look/tone works 98% of the time.

Jr_Captain
01-19-2007, 09:07 AM
I let Momma handle that.
I did tell the kids to turn her in but they never have.

Over-Head
01-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Well the wife is 5 dayís over due, so ask me next week. LOL

My mother used to carry a wooden spoon in her purse and WAS NOT SCARED to use it ANYWHERE ANY TIME!(My mother was also a bitch, and should NEVER have had kids, perhaps itís the religious hang upís she faced)
I remember a good many times she would be wailing away at me saying crap like
"Jehovah doesnít tolerate bad children so Iím doing this for your own good"
I SHIT YOU NOT!!!!!!!
My old man would tear off his belt in a hartbeat (at my mothers urging) and swing it 3 times, as long as you cried on the second he stoipped at 3.
Again, utterng some retoric bullcrap of "What do you think the "elders" would say of they knew you did this/that?"

Personally I think that most of to days youth would have faired out better if they would have had a slap on the azz now and then, but unfortunately we live in a society where "do-gooders" like to stick their noise so far into others business that "corporal punishment" doesnít exist without the fear of child abuse charges being dropped on you.

When I was in school, the principle could give you the "Strap", now heíd lose his job, so they just expel you for the rest of the year.
It seems to me that the world has gone from one extreme of "You go out to that tree and break off a switch son!" to "Get out of my school and never come back so I donít have to deal with this"

SLAG
01-19-2007, 09:11 AM
sorry poll was all ready to post but the boss came and sat down for a few min. Poll is up now

rageeumr
01-19-2007, 09:12 AM
I was never spanked, even though I deserved it on a number of occasions. I can't imagine ever doing it.

bkkcoh
01-19-2007, 09:14 AM
I have, and I wish I never had.

Why do you wish you hadn't?

Warrior5
01-19-2007, 09:14 AM
I spanked both of my sons, two times each, between the ages of 2 and 4. Each time was a single bare-handed swat to the butt, hard. After the tears ended, I explained exactly why.

Inspector
01-19-2007, 09:15 AM
My sons range from the ages of 25 to 33 and each is bigger than me.

Um, no. I don't do any spanking. Of them, that is.

King_Chief_Fan
spare the rod and spoil the child.

Be careful how one intereprets that. I don't think that means literally take a stick and smack them. I think it means when their is a childish indiscretion you teach them, when it is willful disobedience you do the same, however, you may need to swat the rear end. A single swat on the rear is more than enough. If you do more than that, I think you are really angry and you shouldn't be smacking their rear.

Both of my children are now grown. I have had to spank each of them only twice. I hated it, but, I grew as a parent and my children learned.

It worked for us anyway.

Wrasse
I doubt I'll spank my children...a swat on the butt to get them going maybe but time out and the right tone works so much better with my nephew and other children I've been around. I'm not one to judge though...we were spanked as children (my sis and I) and it was just fine...like some have stated...not out of anger and not to injure/hurt the child. It's more a demonstration or something to get their attention/shake them up a bit.

I still wish they took paddles to kids in their teens in grade school...those are the kids who need it. Then again, my wife teaches in one of the more thuggy school districts around Dallas, TX, and she ends up being more of a parent to those kids than their own flesh and blood. Sad.

Back in the day, we got our asses swatted in school by coaches if we weren't doing well in school...they'd line up and all have a shot at you...some would even get a running start. It kept the athletes in line and making decent grades. :)

Simplex3
01-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Amen. They'd find his corpse with a belt shoved up his ass.

Amnorix
01-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Well the wife is 5 dayís over due, so ask me next week. LOL

My mother used to carry a wooden spoon in her purse and WAS NOT SCARED to use it ANYWHERE ANY TIME!(My mother was also a bitch, and should NEVER have had kids, perhaps itís the religious hang upís she faced)
I remember a good many times she would be wailing away at me saying crap like
"Jehovah doesnít tolerate bad children so Iím doing this for your own good"
I SHIT YOU NOT!!!!!!!
My old man would tear off his belt in a hartbeat (at my mothers urging) and swing it 3 times, as long as you cried on the second he stoipped at 3.
Again, utterng some retoric bullcrap of "What do you think the "elders" would say of they knew you did this/that?"

:eek:

I think all of us in our 20s-40s know people that dont', and never will have kids, and they're fine iwth it. For our parent's generation, that was very odd, especially if they had more than two nickels to rub together.

Every once in a while my wife and I will be talking about some couple we know, or just met, and she'll say "it's a shame they don't have kids, they could afford it" blah, blah, blah.

My response is always the same -- if a person doesn't think they should have kids, they're probably right.

Being a parent is far and away the toughest job I've ever had. The most rewarding too, but the toughest. If you're actively opposed to being a parent, but get forced into it by circumstances or by peer pressure, that won't help when you're dealing with the crying baby at 3:00 a.m.

kaplin42
01-19-2007, 09:30 AM
When I do have kids, yes I will spank them. Never full force, and only up to a certain age.

The biggest issue I see today is parents don't discipline their children at all, and I will be damned if I'm gonna be the parent who's kid is running around the resteraunt screaming and yelling, annoying the rest of the customers while I sit their and pretend nothing is going on.

And yes, that look, with a certain tone in your voice will work wonders n a kid.

Simplex3
01-19-2007, 09:35 AM
We swat our kids when we are facing something that we don't have the time to get them to learn it for themselves, like walking out in the street or hanging off the banister 12 feet above a tile floor. Only when it can result in severe injury/death and the kid is demonstrating an unwillingness to listen.

Since we use it so rarely, we don't have to hit them with enough force to even leave a mark. The simple fact that dad just took them by the arm and swatted their little butt is scary enough.

crazycoffey
01-19-2007, 09:41 AM
I will when its necessary. I think the fact that a parent proves they WILL do it, makes it less necessary when used as an option for their choice to behave. "would you rather stop doing that, or get a boost?"

it is part of my counter suit

so is the parts about my ex leaving them at home alone (9 and 7) I had a hard time to prove this, just comments by the youngest and how he is developing a fear of being left alone. but my mom went to visit them last weekend and they answered the door with no one else there. 45 mins later the step-dad showed up. Moms is ready to go to bat on my behalf. there are so many other things going on too. My ex cusses me in front of them, it's getting real disgraceful.

She skipped on a christmas visit, I had plane tickets and everything even went to pick them up, she hid like the cockroach she is. I hope the judge throws the book at her.

Cochise
01-19-2007, 09:43 AM
I got spanked as a kid and I turned out ok.

Most of the people I know who got into trouble with the law or at school or in relationships were people who (a) had absent fathers, or (b) had parents who let them do whatever they wanted.

I'll definitely spank. But I think when a kid gets to a certain age it stops being effective and the better thing is taking away stuff they like rather than physical correction.

wutamess
01-19-2007, 09:45 AM
My 9 yo girl... rarely have to.
My 2 yo girl... maybe 3 times a week.
My 1 yo boy turning 2... Damn near every five minutes. The boy is stubborn and hard headed just like I was when I was a kid. He gets it honest.

Brock
01-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Why do you wish you hadn't?

Because looking back on it, I think it was unnecessary. For MY kids, I can't speak as to anyone else's.

Chiefnj
01-19-2007, 09:46 AM
The simple fact that dad just took them by the arm and swatted their little butt is scary enough.

Therein lies the difference. There is a difference between spanking to cause pain and spanking as more of a "scare" tactic.

HolyHandgernade
01-19-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't think its a one answer fits all type of thing. I have a 16 year old daughter and a 7 year old son and we have never had to spank either one. Maybe that's just lucky, but we like to think it has a bit to do with the nature of the child and some damn fine parenting techniques!

We lay out our expectations, discuss proper ettiquette, reward with privilages, punish with restricting or removing them, and most behavioral problems are shot down with nothing more than a warning glance meant to convey that if they continue on this line, reprecussions will follow. As long as we're consistant, they know wherer the line is. We have had very little of the teenage rebellion, in fact, we get along great with her. Our son seems to be following the same path, but we are no so naive as to think nothing will trip up our happy little paradise. We just believe as long as we remain consistant and teach them how to think for themselves, the better prepared they will be to do so when such dilemas arise.

So, our philosophy has been never to spank, but it is just our philosophy. I've seen some other kids who if they were mine, I would have spanked them for their behavior. So, is that the hyper nature of the child, or some bad initial techniques by the parents which led to the more difficult to control behavior now? Always probably somewhere in between, I just believe by setting the proper expectations and rewards/punishment for disciplined behavior early often relieves the need to spank later. Just my experience.

-HH

DJ_is_the_realdeal
01-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Thats what is wrong with these kids now. The power is taking away from the parent and kids have to much control. Kids should get their ass whooped that way they no their boundries. When I look back at all the beatings I got, I deserved them.

bkkcoh
01-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Because looking back on it, I think it was unnecessary. For MY kids, I can't speak as to anyone else's.

How old where they at the time that you did spank them?

Do you think the spanking had any impact on thier behavior after and is that why you didn't think it was needed?

MichaelH
01-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Hell Yes! But only when utterly necessary which is almost everday for 9 and 3 year old boys.

wutamess
01-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Thats what is wrong with these kids now. The power is taking away from the parent and kids have to much control. Kids should get their ass whooped that way they know their boundries. When I look back at all the beatings I got, I deserved them.

I agree but you're going to lose credibility with people by mispelling "know". I deserved every beating I got and I appreciate them to this day. I remember my mother telling me one day when I was little that she was proud of me because I dind't get a whooping that day. Boy did that make my life. I remember it as if if was yesterday and that must've been over 25 years ago.

It's things like that you remember. Hell 2nd grade I was in the principles office everyday standing in the corner (no exxageration). 2nd grade teacher died of a heart attack. 4th grade teacher had a stroke. Not bragging but I think I had something to do with those. So I KNOW I deserved those beatings and probably more.

Iowanian
01-19-2007, 10:04 AM
My mother invented Time Out a LONG time before it was cool.

It was called "Sit on that step until your dad gets home to spank you".

I could take a spanking at an early age. I remember trying to flex my butt thinking it would "hurt" their hands.

I deserved most of them, and they probably were good for me in the big picture. I had chores that were far worse punishment though.

I was paddled in elementary school a couple of times, and went through a spell in Jr High where a dickhole science teacher thought it was pretty funny to whack myself and another kid with a paddle pretty regularly in the front of the class.....that was pretty funny for him, until he did it to the daughter of someone "important" and hit her in the kidneys and left a bruise.

Brock
01-19-2007, 10:07 AM
How old where they at the time that you did spank them?

Do you think the spanking had any impact on thier behavior after and is that why you didn't think it was needed?

Probably under the age of 5, I would guess. I think now, as a very experienced parent, I can see now that my kids were very well-behaved and spanking them or the fear of a spanking really didn't have anything to do with it. Also, seeing a lot of very much not-well-behaved kids who I know are spanked regularly leads me to believe it's not an effective parenting tool.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-19-2007, 10:14 AM
No, by all means do not spank your child, so I can hear them whine & cry in public.

BigRedChief
01-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Hell Yes! But only when utterly necessary which is almost everday for 9 and 3 year old boys.
UH. Everyday but its utterly necessary. I don't think your plan is working.

Que Card QB
01-19-2007, 10:19 AM
I always thought I would but after seeing the results of raising a puppy with the "positive reinforcement" method, I don't think I will. I now believe you can more effectively discipline children with praise for the good things they do, than punishment for the bad things they do.
And some will say, "Well a child is not a dog" and they're correct, yet I think it's fair to take from Pavlov a thing or two about conditioning, no? *Ring, ring*

crazycoffey
01-19-2007, 10:21 AM
I always thought I would but after seeing the results of raising a puppy with the "positive reinforcement" method, I don't think I will. I now believe you can more effectively discipline children with praise for the good things they do, than punishment for the bad things they do.
And some will say, "Well a child is not a dog" and they're correct, yet I think it's fair to take from Pavlov a thing or two about conditioning, no? *Ring, ring*

Good luck, I hope it works for you, I really do.

BigRedChief
01-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Probably under the age of 5, I would guess. I think now, as a very experienced parent, I can see now that my kids were very well-behaved and spanking them or the fear of a spanking really didn't have anything to do with it. Also, seeing a lot of very much not-well-behaved kids who I know are spanked regularly leads me to believe it's not an effective parenting tool.
I don't think spanking or not to spank will work the same for everyone. I have one of the most strong willed, stubborn 14 years old on the face of the planet. He is not a problem child at school or at home and he was never spanked. But the results may be different for the next kid.

crazycoffey
01-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Children are closer to "animal instincts" than they are to "social behavior". I just think there is a balance to raising my children. I don't want to be an animal with them, but just talking and that isn't always going to work either. So you sometimes have to call into play the alpha dog rule, which has extisted longer than Pavlov's theorey.

Mr. Plow
01-19-2007, 10:28 AM
My 1 yo boy turning 2... Damn near every five minutes. The boy is stubborn and hard headed just like I was when I was a kid. He gets it honest.

I've got one of those too.

MichaelH
01-19-2007, 10:28 AM
UH. Everyday but its utterly necessary. I don't think your plan is working.

Your definition of spanking and mine may be different. I by no means hit hard or attempt to inflict pain nor do I beat my children. But I will and do get their attention when their behavior isn't acceptable.

StcChief
01-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I did when needed.

kc rush
01-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I haven't had to yet, but I will if "the crime" warrants it. I look at it as a last resort.

wutamess
Your definition of spanking and mine may be different. I by no means hit hard or attempt to inflict pain nor do I beat my children. But I will and do get their attention when their behavior isn't acceptable.

I agree... My 9 yo... all out belt beating I can count on one hand how many times I've whooped w/belt.

My 2yo... Prolly once.

My 1yo... Prolly never.

Mr. Plow
I have an 8 year old, 2 year old, 1 year old - all boys. I apparently have another one on the way - damn New Year's Eve.

When the 8 year old was young, I did have to spank him. Not often, but enough that he knew what it was.

My 2 year old (well, soon to be 2 on Feb. 16th), I just started spanking him. He's as hard headed of child as I have ever seen. Tell him no, he does it again with you watching. Make the "I'll spank your butt" threat, he smiles, does it again. That's when he gets a swat.

The 1 year old: Only once thus far. There's only so many times he can try to put his hand in the fire place before he actually gets burned. He's shaping up to be the hard headed type.

Thus far, I think I have given less than 10 "diaper free" spanks - all to the 8 year old. The diaper provides extra padding, plus, if you pop it just right, it makes a sound like you just hit them with a piece of wood and puts a little fear into them. Now, the 8 year old immediately pops into shape with the "Do I need to come in there and swat your butt?" Plus, my wife has the threat "I'm going to tell your dad when he gets home". Works out well for everyone.

BigRedChief
01-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Your definition of spanking and mine may be different.
Spanking = physically striking your child as a form of parental discipline and or punishment

How's that?

crazycoffey
01-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Spanking = physically striking your child as a form of parental discipline and or punishment

How's that?

Dammit, don't ruin my thoughts about spanking. I think about spanking everytime I see your Avitar. Now I'm getting confused.

KCFalcon59
01-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I have 2 kids. I have spanked my daughter (11) maybe twice in her life. She is a very good kid. I have spanked my son (8) more often. Though it has been a few years since his last spanking. I spanked them only when they truly needed to be spanked. They both learned early that I mean what I say. They are both really well behaved kids.

Jenson71
01-19-2007, 11:37 AM
That would be weird spanking your daughter. Really, it would be weird having a daughter. If I had one, I don't think I'd ever do anything to it. Not even talk to it.

Groves
01-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm curious about those people that think a spanking can exist without inflicting pain? Isn't that the whole point?

HolyHandgernade
01-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Do you think that the need to spank rises in correlation with number of children in the same general age range (under five years of separation). I just noticed from the replies that seemed to be true. Perhaps with the availability of co-conspirators the propensity to boldly challenge the line increases?

-HH

fan4ever
01-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I've spanked my boy probably about 8 times his whole life (he's 13 now) and not for years. What I've noticed about parents I've seen who do not believe in spanking because "they're civilized", is that they suck at discipline in general. I know about 4 couples who've never spanked their kids, and I'm amazed at the length they have to go to get their children to obey them, if they obey them at all.

88TG88
01-19-2007, 11:59 AM
i got spanked when i was a kid. with all kinds of things to cords, hangers, sticks, and those fancy belts with all the little metal crap on it. i look back and i know i deserved every one of those i was bad when i was a kid. if my kids turn out like me i know im gonna have to give a couple of whoppins to.

im curious about the guy who started this thread. did u start it because u heard about the new law in california ? for ppl who don't know in california there is a new law that says if ur child is under 3 u can't spank them for any reason. punishment i think is they charge u with child abuse.

luv
01-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm curious about those people that think a spanking can exist without inflicting pain? Isn't that the whole point?
Not in my opinion. The point in spanking is to break their will.

I only think spanking is necessary whenever a child knowingly and intentionally is defiant. They do something wrong, yo let them know what they did is wrong, and that, if they do that again, they will get a spanking. The ball's in their court. They know the consequences if they do it again.

The thing I hate is, when in public, hearing a parent count to three. Problem is, nothing ever happens once they hit three. The just start counting again, only louder. Hello. It's not that they didn't hear you the first time. Think about it.

fan4ever
01-19-2007, 12:07 PM
I think the first spanking my boy got was when he bolted from me in the mall, after he'd been warned the first time. I got quite a few nasty looks, but I couldn't have cared less. I'm not going to let some bleeding heart onlookers give my boy a chance to pull that stunt a third time and possibly have some perv smuggle him out of the store, all because I didn't want to look bad . . . and I too deserved every ass-whoopin I got. My mom was ironing once and I back-talked her and she pulled the iron cord out of the wall and whipped my ass with it. Talk about surprised . . . now that's multi-tasking!

wutamess
01-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Well you might hit the pamper (which doesn't hurt at all).
You might lightly swat just to let you know that you mean business and they're going to really get it if they don't do as you say.

My 1yo son, he has a fetich with pushing buttons. That's what most of his spankings are. He'll turn the knob on the receiver. Turn the T.V. off. play with the computer. Stand up in chairs. Pull my 2yo hair. Hit 2yo. Plays with water in toilet. Goes in shower by himself and get socks wet. That's the short list.

Some I handle. Some I tell the 2yo to handle (It builds character if they work it out themselves. He needs to learn how to respect things/people).

Mostly he gets swats to make him stop pushing the buttons, playing in refrigerator, being in room he's not supposed to be in. He gets whoopings for playing in toilet and stuff you really wouldn't want him doing while you weren't around and he could possibly get injured doing.

stevieray
01-19-2007, 12:16 PM
"Do you want me to get the belt?"

"we had never seen the belt. we had only heard about it...

...the belt was eight feet wide...nine feet long...
and had hooks on it that would rip the meat off your body when it hit you...."

Groves
01-19-2007, 12:16 PM
I agree that breaking the will is the underlying goal. I'm just not sure how taps on pampers or other non-pain spankings actually break a child's will.

Perhaps the underlying question of the whole thread is, "Are you willing to take it to the wall" with your defiant kid?

wutamess
01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm just not sure how taps on pampers or other non-pain spankings actually break a child's will.

It's an incentive that says there's more where that came from without having to totally "kill an ant with a sledge hammer" unless they don't get the "tickle the whale with a grain of salt warning".

Warrior5
01-19-2007, 12:22 PM
"Do you want me to get the belt?"

"we had never seen the belt. we had only heard about it...

...the belt was eight feet wide...nine feet long...
and had hooks on it that would rip the meat off your body when it hit you...."

Classic Bill Cosby! "Russell, My Brother, Who I Slept With".

Groves
01-19-2007, 12:25 PM
It's an incentive that says there's more where that came from without having to totally "kill an ant with a sledge hammer" unless they don't get the "tickle the whale with a grain of salt warning".

Ah. Yes. Totally agree. Great point.

I think what a lot of us are pondering when we see a lot of parenting is.....IS there more where that came from, or is the tap tap all they'll ever get. I don't need to know. For sure the kids will figure it out on their own.

Pants
01-19-2007, 12:26 PM
I got spanked as a kid and I turned out ok.

Most of the people I know who got into trouble with the law or at school or in relationships were people who (a) had absent fathers, or (b) had parents who let them do whatever they wanted.

I'll definitely spank. But I think when a kid gets to a certain age it stops being effective and the better thing is taking away stuff they like rather than physical correction.

Ditto. Except I think my parents utilized the guilt trip more than the taking things away part as I got older and it seemed to work. I was never really a troublemaker.

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2007, 12:27 PM
That would be weird spanking your daughter. Really, it would be weird having a daughter. If I had one, I don't think I'd ever do anything to it. Not even talk to it.

So it wouldn't be any different than the relationship you have with any other women.

Jenson71
01-19-2007, 12:29 PM
So it wouldn't be any different than the relationship you have with any other women.
LMAO

I don't have any comeback for that.

RJ
01-19-2007, 05:57 PM
My experience has been that most people are experts in how to raise other people's children.

"If that were my child, I'd......"

Something else I find amusing is that people will always say that unruly kids need a spanking but you also always hear people shocked when they see a kid actually get one. "She gave that little girl a spanking, right there in the store. I almost called the cops".

Parenting is a tough job. As parents, all we can do is use our best judgement. As I once told my sons, it's like being the President. You try to make the right decisions but you probably won't know how you did until about 20 years later.....if you live that long.

Phobia
01-19-2007, 07:03 PM
I've spanked my 14 year old maybe twice in her life, she aims to please her parents. The 13 year old is a slow and defiant learner. She's been whooped more times than I can count. They're both pretty good teenagers now so both methods are obviously effective.

My wife (different mother) didn't want to spank our 3 year old daughter, in fact she made it a point to fight against it. I agreed to refrain and re-evaluate at the age of two. Two came and went without a need to re-evaluate - she's done pretty well. When she turned 3 she started throwing pretty ridiculous fits. It was then that I started popping her butt without discussing it with Mom - Mom saw what was happening and a discussion wasn't even necessary. She knew a butt smacking was. So, my youngest has been spanked probably <5x but it has been a pretty effective tool in the arsenal of parenting techniques.

bogie
01-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I was spanked as a kid. I remember one specifically which was done with a yard stick rather than the hand. My Dad was piiiiiiiiissed off. I was burning the trash and didn't make sure the fire was completely out before I left to play football with my friends. I lived in a small town, I heard sirens going off and thought nothing of it. Then my Mom came to the field we were playing in and I knew I was in trouble. It seemed the wind blew some embers onto my Dads compost pile that he had been building for years. It turned the whole thing in to a pile of ashes, along with about 2 acres of land.

I've never spanked my 8 year old daughter because she's never given me reason to. If she does, we'll discuss it once and she'll be fully aware that the next time, she gets a spanking rather that a conversation. However, I have a perfect child so I can't imagine her ever needing a spanking. :)

KCinNY
01-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't care if other parents spank their kids, but I haven't spanked my kid and chances are, I won't.

CoMoChief
01-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I will. I got spanked when I ****ed up, but it was never overboard. Doesn't the bible say something like its okay to spank your kids or something similar to that? I know it sounds dumb and I'm not a religous buff by any means but I thought I heard that from someone.

MadMax
01-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Classic Bill Cosby! "Russell, My Brother, Who I Slept With".

ROFL!! I had that album :)

MadMax
01-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Years ago i spanked my then 11 year old son at my Grandma's house, Christmas..He told me that didn't hurt dad. I almost lost it,but instead took him aside and told him he was being a lttle prick and he had 2 choices.. If you don't respect me I will NEVER respect you and I won't stoop to your level and kick the living **** outta you...He has been respectfull ever since.Right or wrong it worked and he is a very good son to this day, he is 22 and a father himself now :) BTW I got beat as a child, I don't hold it against my dad I feel I deserved some of it

trndobrd
01-19-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't have kids yet, but when I do, I expect they will be too tired after their 14 hour shifts in the mines to cause much trouble.

RJ
01-19-2007, 10:51 PM
I don't have kids yet, but when I do, I expect they will be too tired after their 14 hour shifts in the mines to cause much trouble.

Hah, that shows what you know. The mines won't even hire kids under five unless they're Mexican.

boogblaster
01-19-2007, 10:56 PM
I spanked Boog Jr about 3 or 4 times...once when he was 2 for getting into the hog-pen with some 400 lb. hogs...one time when he was about 3 he ran off to our pond, his pony kept coming to the back-door raising hell and looking back at the pond...once for getting 2 Fs on his report-card...and last for running off with another kid on a 4-wheeler when he was 9 till about 11:30 at nite in the middle of the winter..they claimed they were trying to put the neighbors cows back in a pasture that they'd left the gate open on..Boogette got 1 spanking in her entire life, for running her mouth for 4 hours after she was told to shut-up for about 3 hours....yes sometimes kids need their asses spanked....

listopencil
01-19-2007, 11:01 PM
I did at a certain age range. It's different for each kid but it seems to be from about three years old to about six years old. Never with a belt, almost always used my hand. I would occasionally use a spatula because it makes a great sound when you whack it against your palm. It's all in the build up. If you build up the drama right you barely have to swat at them to make your point. My kids are 9, 11, 20 and 22. It's been a few years since I spanked any of them.

listopencil
01-19-2007, 11:03 PM
bad girl

That pic is probably against the rules of this website.

kregger
01-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Yeah, my seven year old daughter has been spanked 4 times by me and twice by her mother(who had said she would never spank). It's been extreme behavior on the kid's part that warranted such action. She spit in my wife's face once(she was 5) and got the immediate knee-jerk spank from Mom. From me, it's when she refuses to obey and pretends she doesn't have to listen.
Thankfully, it's been about a year since she has deserved any corporal punishment. It did make me feel rather shitty immediately following the whacking. On later reflection, it got the point across. I have never spanked to hurt, simply to shock.
My 17 mo old boy has yet to really get into anything that even makes me consider spanking.

ChiefaRoo
01-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Simple...

If you are an parent do/did you spank your children

if you plan to be a parent will you spank your children?

What say you?

Learn to spell or I will spank the shite outta ya'

BWillie
01-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I don't have kids, but if I did I think I'd use my good friend Louey. "Wahh I want that new toy wahhhh" *Swoosh*, DING. Plop. "WAHHHHHHHHH"

There are multiple uses for aluminum Louisville Slugger bats.

Phobia
01-20-2007, 12:47 PM
ttp://dadswhospank.com/bdsm-gallery46/dir16Mar1223/004.jpg

bad girl

Have you ever seen a vagina posted on this website before? I mean, what gave you the idea to post a bare vagina here? Seriously?

ImmodiumAD
01-20-2007, 12:49 PM
bad girl
Are you nuts??? :shake:

Reerun_KC
01-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey CrazyCoffey. Thank for that picture! I am sitting here reading this with my wife, 14 year old daughter and 9 year old son. We thought it was interesting read for the family and then you post that crap...

Dude, not very cool....

I vote you have your posting privelages removed for a while....

J Diddy
01-20-2007, 01:19 PM
yes but never mad

J Diddy
01-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey CrazyCoffey. Thank for that picture! I am sitting here reading this with my wife, 14 year old daughter and 9 year old son. We thought it was interesting read for the family and then you post that crap...

Dude, not very cool....

I vote you have your posting privelages removed for a while....

i second that motion

memyselfI
01-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Yep, I've spanked them before. Luckily it wasn't often because they are good kids.

Phobia
01-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Yep, I've spanked them before. Luckily it wasn't often because they are good kids.

REPUBLICAN!!!!

jjchieffan
01-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Yes, I believe in it whole heartedly. Not to be abusive, just for proper correction. It was the way I was raised. I had many spankings, and I believe I am better for it. The bible also states:
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
-- Proverbs 13: 24 (KJV)
My daughter is 21 months old, and she has been spanked a few times, and it makes a difference. She is one of the best behaved children her age I have seen. Tantrums are what got her spanked, after a couple of spankings, I now have to simply tell her with a stern voice to dry ir up, and it stops. Every time I see a kid throw a tantrum, I just think to myself, a good spanking would stop that.

crazycoffey
01-20-2007, 03:46 PM
deepest apologies for the picture, didn't notice you could see her religion, was trying to be funny and was two or three sheets to the wind.

I was trying for the spanking aspect only, and not to be another Redrum69 (ie sick twisted SOB)

crazycoffey
01-20-2007, 04:16 PM
That pic is probably against the rules of this website.

It is, I did something stupid, I'm very sorry.

thehead
01-20-2007, 04:29 PM
I have two sons 15 12 ,never gave me any reason to :clap: I clap because I used to get the crap beat outta me .

BWillie
01-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Here is an exerpt from Maddox Mission, the best page in the universe. Funny as hell

"How come everyone today is too much of a pussy to smack their kids around? That's what I want to know: why are parents afraid to beat their kids? When I was a kid and I screwed up, my parents beat my ass. We didn't have a conversation about it. I didn't have a "time out." In fact, I've never even once been grounded in my life. What's the point? Send your kid to his room and make him play video games and read comic books all day? Great idea, why don't you take him to a psychiatrist while you're at it so she can pull some disorder out of her ass to hide the fact that you're a bad parent?

Kids today need a good beating every now and then. If you don't beat your kids when they fall out of line, the next thing you know your son will go off and bang some dude in the ass just out of spite. You tell them to clean their room, they say "no," you smack them. It's simple; it works. Don't listen to these assholes on TV with their bullshit hippy psycho babble; if they had it their way, every child would be raised in a pastel colored room with Philip Glass pumped through the speakers 24 hours a day. Then again, it might not be all that bad because it will make your kids complacent, so it won't be as hard for them to swallow when they realize that they'll be spending the rest of their lives chained to a desk in a cubicle writing reports to make someone else rich.

The problem is that kids today think their opinions matter. By not beating your kids, they get a skewed perspective of reality where they start thinking that they have it rough and that they can get away with dying their hair and listening to Insane Clown Posse. That's where you need to come in and put the law down. To help you, the negligent parent, I've put together a guide to smacking your kids for your convenience (hint: you may want to even print this guide up and hang it on your fridge as a reminder to both you and your kids). Here are some useful techniques:

Five across the eyes. This is a very basic maneuver and usually enough to cover most situations when your child is out of line. Simply put four fingers tightly together and either leave the thumb off to the side or fold it behind the other four fingers. Then smack your kid across the face with the back of your hand. Now this is the tricky part: make sure to snap your wrist just before contact otherwise you won't get a stinging effect. Very important because you don't want to risk letting your kid think you're a pussy.

The sucker punch. Just ask the question "hey, what's that on your shirt?" and when they look down, bust their lip. You need to do this every now and then to keep them guessing. Don't ever let them off the hook. Just because they're not doing anything wrong doesn't mean that they didn't do something wrong earlier that you weren't aware of.

The yard stick. Or for those of you who don't use the arbitrary American system, this is also known as "the meter stick." This is a good general purpose beating because the stick usually doesn't last beyond three or four good whacks--usually enough to send the message.

The one-two shut-the-hell-up. This is priceless when you're shopping and your kid won't shut the hell up: "I'm hungry, I want toys, I need my Insulin..." etc. First smack your kid (the 5 across the eyes technique works). Wait a few seconds for your kid to start crying, then smack your kid again to let him know that you mean business. This usually shuts them up because they see that the amount of crying is proportional to the amount of beatings.

The 2 x 4 / PVC pipe. If you do your job as a parent, this should never have to be administered. This is for heavy duty jobs only (ie. any time your kid comes home and begins a sentence with "she might be pregnant..." or "I can _____ if I want to..." where the blank can be any of the following: smoke, have sex, experiment with drugs, watch Oprah, etc). Usually the threat of this beating is enough to keep your kid from screwing up.

The Dragon Kick. If you're interested in a permanent solution to your child giving you lip about washing the dishes, cleaning his or her room or filing your tax return, then the Dragon kick might be the technique for you. I guarantee that you will only have to ask once after the Dragon kick has been administered.

The skull thump. A quick blow usually dealt to the side or back of the head. Simply flick them in the head with your finger. An alternative is to smack your child up side the head with your palm. Very useful for teaching your child to read when he or she makes a mistake. Hitting your child when he or she is learning builds confidence, or undermines confidence--I can't remember which.

The one-handed chauffeur reach around. A quick reach around while you're driving to smack your kid and his friends too if they disrespect. Swerve the car back and forth for the full effect.

The cane intercept. If you're too old to chase your kid around the house, use the handle of your cane to trip him if he tries to get away. When he gets up, poke him in the head a few times to let him know who's boss.

There you have it. Use these basic techniques to discipline your child if you want him or her to turn out to be a success story like me. Here's how to tell if you've fulfilled your obligations as a parent: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/beatkid4.jpg

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

boogblaster
01-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Spanky always told Alfalpha too run....

BucEyedPea
01-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I beat mine black & blue until blood draws! I enjoy every minute of it too! :thumb: :evil:

BucEyedPea
01-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Just in case, my above post is misconstrued....I hardly ever have hit my kid. Maybe 3 times, never under age 6 either. I always got: "That didn't hurt! That didn't hurt!" I found taking things away or in the room worked better anyway. With that I've hardly had to discipline my kid either. I try to use more rewards.

cheefer
01-20-2007, 06:42 PM
no

jjchieffan
01-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Just in case, my above post is misconstrued....I hardly ever have hit my kid. Maybe 3 times, never under age 6 either. I always got: "That didn't hurt! That didn't hurt!" I found taking things away or in the room worked better anyway. With that I've hardly had to discipline my kid either. I try to use more rewards.

If you wait until they are 6, what is the point? If you don't do it early, a pattern has already been set. My 21 month old already knows what a spanking is, and what behavior will get her a spanking. She is also very well behaved for her age.

Thig Lyfe
01-20-2007, 08:23 PM
I spank other people's kids.

This makes me something of a pariah around here.

BigRedChief
01-20-2007, 11:33 PM
by the way most scientific studies published these days say that the years 12 - 25 shape our life long behaviour more than any other set of years.