PDA

View Full Version : For next year: Chiefs should take Huard over Green

RedThat
01-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Here is why. It's simple. Huard is younger and probably wont cost as much as Green. But there is no doubt he is the better fit for this organization and the direction it needs to go.

Huard is a better fit for this offense. I observed Huard closely, I noticed there are 2 things he does that bodes well with this offense. He gets rid of the ball quickly. And he doesn't force any throws.

What I also noticed his passes have some nice zip to them, and are accurate.

Trent Green's biggest problem this year was holding onto the ball too long. And he forced a lot of throws this year which led to some mistakes.
And a lot of Trent passes were wobbly and off target. Please pardon me for bashing Green, but i think his best days are behind him. The Bottomline is, Huard gave to this team what Trent couldn't give.

*I look at it this way, our offensive line was a bit of a problem. Mainly because we lost Roaf, but there was some shuffling there this year. Guys getting hurt, a lot of patchworking throughout the season. But regardless, the blocking isn't as good as it used to be. So I think the only way you can work around that, is if you have a QB that can get rid of the ball quickly, or if you have a mobile QB. Trent is neither of that.

If you have a QB that can get rid of the ball quickly isnt that a good solution to help covering up your problems on offense? What if the Chiefs drafted a WR in the 1st round? If you have a guy that can get open quickly, and a QB that can get rid of the ball quickly that kinda helps you on offense, and covers up your blocking problems.

Thats what I hope this team does. Re-sign Huard. Cut Green. Draft a WR in the first round. And focus on building the defense in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft.

Hey, I figure if Herm can build a GOOD defense, and have a QB that you ask to not make you mistakes(which is what Huard did this year)...A solid running game, and a few playmakers on offense. You know what? We could be a good team. Thats the direction I think the Chiefs should go.

crazycoffey
01-20-2007, 12:55 AM
REPOST

??????

I say go for printers

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Chiefs should take Huard over Green

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FDS
01-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Sign Huard so they can double and triple team Tony Gonz. Then Damon will be lost. Take away Tony G and Huard is worthless.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

crazycoffey
01-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Casey, Casey, Casey

Chiefs become the canadian football south conference.

Bob Dole
01-20-2007, 03:46 AM
Then Carl either needs to sign him now or settle in for a bidding war with Dan Snyder.

Rausch
01-20-2007, 03:49 AM
Then Carl either needs to sign him now or settle in for a bidding war with Dan Snyder.

Watch him go to Oakland...

Bob Dole
01-20-2007, 03:54 AM
Watch him go to Oakland...

Damon Huard is no Rich Gannon.

(Proof: He doesn't have a stalker.)

Rausch
01-20-2007, 03:57 AM
Damon Huard is no Rich Gannon.

(Proof: He doesn't have a stalker.)

Yeah he does...

Bob Dole
01-20-2007, 03:58 AM
Yeah he does...

Hootie set up an internet shrine for Huard?

Rausch
01-20-2007, 03:59 AM
Hootie set up an internet shrine for Huard?

I'm sure Gochiefs has one with flash and torrents by now...

Kerberos
01-20-2007, 05:28 AM
I honestly believe that if we had one or two GOOD recievers that could actually get some separation EARLY in a route that Green could release the ball quick as any QB in the League.

Damon did some quick release during the games he played in. Did we play any teams during that time that were actually that good? OK SanDiego was a good game for him. But they didn't light us on fire on thier own turf when trent was in. Seattle was missing thier starter QB and Alexander so that game is a push for either Green or Huard at QB IMO.

Other than that Huard beat some teams that were not that good.

I want the Chiefs to keep the BEST QB for the team.

Will that happen ?? History tells me NO.

I guess we'll find out this off season.

milkman
01-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Wow.
What an original idea!
I mean, no one has even remotely considered this possibility.

One thing.
Huard forced plenty of throws.
He just threw it up to Gonzalez consistently, and Tony usually made plays for him.

That strategy, however, cost Tony an injury against Miami.

Coach
01-20-2007, 07:15 AM
The issue is though, Trent has more money, and I don't think the Chiefs are willing to cut ties with Trent, becuase of the salary hit the Chiefs would absorb if they were to cut Trent.

milkman
01-20-2007, 07:15 AM
I honestly believe that if we had one or two GOOD recievers that could actually get some separation EARLY in a route that Green could release the ball quick as any QB in the League.

I agree.
Trent got the ball out quickly against the Chiefs when he subbed in for Warner with the Rams.

Warrior5
01-20-2007, 08:08 AM
The issue is though, Trent has more money, and I don't think the Chiefs are willing to cut ties with Trent, becuase of the salary hit the Chiefs would absorb if they were to cut Trent.

Yep.

Facts:
1. Green is 36, had a bad season, has obviously lost some of his performance due to _________, and is under an expensive contract.
2. Huard is 33, performed very well, and is not under any contract.

Assumptions:
1. Carl & Herm view 2007 as a rebuilding year.
1. Green won't retire; IOW, he's staying and the Chiefs have to pay his expensive contract, regardless of whether or not he starts.
2. Several teams will want Huard as a potential starter and will offer him more $.
3. The Chiefs can't afford to keep both.

Carry on.

chiefforlife
01-20-2007, 08:15 AM
I agree.
Trent got the ball out quickly against the Chiefs when he subbed in for Warner with the Rams.

Yeah, he had an even quicker release in college. BUT now he is 37 and doesnt!

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Why in the hell would anyone want Brock Huard...???

Wasn't that the other ones name...?

Reerun_KC
01-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Okay so we need an emotioncon that for a REPOST WHORE..

If the Chiefs what to be successful. Neither QB should be on the roster.

Trent is a has been and Huard is a never will be...

NewChief
01-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Yep.

Facts:
1. Green is 36, had a bad season, has obviously lost some of his performance due to _________, and is under an expensive contract.

Assumptions:
1. Green won't retire; IOW, he's staying and the Chiefs have to pay his expensive contract, regardless of whether or not he starts.
2. Several teams will want Huard as a potential starter and will offer him more $.

Carry on.

This is my understanding as well. My question: how can the Chiefs "get rid" (bad word choice, but anyway) of Trent without it costing them a bundle? I know nothing about the way the cap works, but I'm assuming the only way would be to trade him and get someone else to pay out his contract? Or would that also end up costing them? Also, I'm not sure that they can get anyone to buy out Trent's heavily backloaded contract. My guess is that Trent will do a renegotiation and stay with the team, but that is a complete guess. I'm not sure it's best for Trent at this point because so many fans have turned on him, but I think it's probably consistent with the thinking of the front office.

milkman
01-20-2007, 09:23 AM
This is my understanding as well. My question: how can the Chiefs "get rid" (bad word choice, but anyway) of Trent without it costing them a bundle? I know nothing about the way the cap works, but I'm assuming the only way would be to trade him and get someone else to pay out his contract? Or would that also end up costing them? Also, I'm not sure that they can get anyone to buy out Trent's heavily backloaded contract. My guess is that Trent will do a renegotiation and stay with the team, but that is a complete guess. I'm not sure it's best for Trent at this point because so many fans have turned on him, but I think it's probably consistent with the thinking of the front office.

If Trent retires, is traded, or released, all of his remaining pro-rated signing bonus accellerates to the 2007 cap.

Short Leash Hootie
01-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Huard forced a lot of throws...but he forced them to the right player to force throws to (Gonzalez)...

Green forced throws to Samie Parker...

Huard > Green

(and everyone realizes it now...)

boogblaster
01-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Just say NO too Huard, we'd have to take-out a hit on Hootie, if Huard started....

Short Leash Hootie
01-20-2007, 09:34 AM
I just want what's best for the Chiefs...and that's Huard next year.

No QB on our roster or in the NFL Draft this year would win more games for us next year than Damon Huard.

I know a lot of people are all set and ready to rebuild and suck ass for the next few years, but I am not. We are a playoff caliber team with Huard at QB, a new offensive tackle or two, and maybe an upgrade at DT and WR...

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Yep.

Facts:
3. Brodie Croyle is in his early twenties and is hungary. (you forgot something!)
Assumptions:

Carry on.
Do the math. We draft a reciever high in the first round and address our oline issues, LJ gets 2,000 yards and Croyle has a breakout year. We could possibly resign Huard and trade him for the skins on draft day. I don't think the skins want him that much. Campbell proved himself a worthy started this year, Carry On

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Huard forced a lot of throws...but he forced them to the right player to force throws to (Gonzalez)...

Green forced throws to Samie Parker...

Huard > Green

(and everyone realizes it now...)

How??????????????????????/

suds79
01-20-2007, 10:12 AM

No QB on our roster or in the NFL Draft this year would win more games for us next year than Damon Huard.

I know a lot of people are all set and ready to rebuild and suck ass for the next few years, but I am not. We are a playoff caliber team with Huard at QB, a new offensive tackle or two, and maybe an upgrade at DT and WR...

Well I guess it depends how you look at it. Yeah if you're thinking we have a shot next year, then yeah you go with Huard.

I personally think those things you mentioned 2 OTs, DT & WR is a lot of things. Furthermore, Will is probably going to retire.

If you think we're rebuilding, I think you go with Croyle. Time to stop babying this guy. If he can play, lets find out. If he can't, then we need to keep looking.

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Damon is 33 and isn't that much younger than green. Croyle is the future.

milkman
01-20-2007, 10:16 AM

This same kind of short-sighted thinking has led to this team to be one of only 6 teams in Carl's 18 years to fail to advance to the SB, excluding teams that joined the league after Carl was hired.

If NO and Indy advance, that will make KC one of only 4, joining the likes of the Lions, Cards, and Jets.

Easy 6
01-20-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm not going to claim to have the answers, but Trent did force some throws to Parker that were very boneheaded & in general seemed a step slow in getting rid of the ball most of the time & that cant be blamed on O line play.

If the WR's arent getting open then force the ball to TG & nobody else, none of our 06 starting WR's were physical enough to outmuscle anybody for the ball.

Trents a smart guy & i think he can adjust to a new philosophy in 07, but i also think we would be just fine with Huard in there.

crazycoffey
01-20-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm calling for printers

Warrior5
01-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Do the math. We draft a reciever high in the first round and address our oline issues, LJ gets 2,000 yards and Croyle has a breakout year. We could possibly resign Huard and trade him for the skins on draft day. I don't think the skins want him that much. Campbell proved himself a worthy started this year, Carry On

P4P,
I avoided the rampant sarcasm, and merely laid out some facts and valid assumptions. I suggest you do the same.

Since you've determined that I'm unable to "Do the math", please do it for me...specifically:

1. How "We draft a reciever high in the first round..." Re-sign Huard and trade for a higher pick? Which team do we trade with? You suggested trading Huard to the Skins on draft day, then immediately followed with, "I don't think the skins want him that much." Please clarify.

2. Croyle is "...young and 'hungary'". I didn't forget him; I simply don't think "young and hungry" = ability to start. A fact is that he'll have the opportunity to challenge as the starter next year. Your assumption is that Croyle will start and "have a breakout year." What's your basis for this assumption?

3. Please "do the math" on how the Chiefs will "...address our oline issues," along with acquiring a quality DT, in one off-season. Possible, but improbable. Fact: we need a LT. Assumption: Shields will retire, and Sampson or Terry will start at RT. Your take on this?

Since the phrase "Carry on" evidently rubs you the wrong way, I'll try, "Please continue to discuss".

Easy 6
01-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm calling for printers

Then you must be imbibing some TRULY crazycoffey, Printers has 1 throw...a rocket-ball without a LICK of touch. Until he proves otherwise he can sit his azz on the bench.

FAX
01-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Somebody was on acid when they signed Printers.

Which surprises me. I would have thought Carl was more of an absinthe sort of guy.

FAX

FringeNC
01-20-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't know how Trent will perform next year in this Herminated offense that only throws on third and long. I'm just not confident at all that Damon Huard is good. He should have had a ton more picks. He played terrible against two of the three good defenses he faced.

Huard may be back, though. It seems that Trent has been thrown under the bus. If Huard is a starting QB next year, the only place it will be is here. If Brian Griese can't find a starting QB job, you think Damon Huard can? No team is going to sign Huard as a starter, other than perhaps us.

chiefforlife
01-20-2007, 11:25 AM
trINT is done, Huard isnt going to do anything but get us by. Brodie is supposedly the future, lets get the future started. Realisticly we are going to suck next year anyway, get Brodie some experience and some more draft picks around him.
Lets build a team and quit patching this old leaky ship.

FAX
01-20-2007, 11:26 AM
The FO campaign against Trent is one of the most shameful things I've ever witnessed.

Seriously.

FAX

chiefforlife
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
The FO campaign against Trent is one of the most shameful things I've ever witnessed.

Seriously.

FAX

All good things come to an end. Hanging on to long has been a problem for this team.

StcChief
01-20-2007, 11:39 AM
With the offseason and Trent rebuilding his mind/body does he have another year in the tank? His contract says so....chiefs will honor it or attempt to negotiate it down....

Competition in camp for QB job. seems likely Green/Croyle/Printers/Huard

Still say we see Croyle by mid season, ala Denver 2006.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-20-2007, 11:48 AM
If this team wants to accomplish anything, they would be best to NOT start either Huard or Green. They should go with Croyle. If they really intend on building and developing their young players, they will start Croyle. If not...they will be 8-8, 9-7 again. Until this team rebuilds, they'll be stuck in mediocrity neutral, which is why Herm and Carl WILL go with either Huard or Green for this year. They don't want to take the time to rebuild. And even if we do rebuild, we don't have the right people in charge to make it successful.

This team will see success when Carl, Herm and the rest of the coaches and front office ride off into the sunset.

crazycoffey
01-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm watching the drive on NFL network now, poor Marty. The network has been just killing him this month.

FDS
01-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Trent is under contract. Don't waste that money play him. KC Chiefs new LT Trent Green!!!! Or the Chiefs new center Trent Green!!!! Perhaps the Chiefs new full back...

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

FDS
01-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Long snapper Trent Green!!!

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

crazycoffey
01-20-2007, 12:02 PM
I hope gochiefs is seeing this....

....shouldn't hear too much more about my stupid posts.

L.A. Chieffan
01-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Anybody but Trent.

FDS
01-20-2007, 12:09 PM
The meek shall inherit the earth. The whiney bitch meek get New Jersey.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Extra Point
01-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Sign Huard so they can double and triple team Tony Gonz. Then Damon will be lost. Take away Tony G and Huard is worthless.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Except for the minor detail about the check down to LJ.

RedThat
01-20-2007, 12:38 PM
If this team wants to accomplish anything, they would be best to NOT start either Huard or Green. They should go with Croyle. If they really intend on building and developing their young players, they will start Croyle. If not...they will be 8-8, 9-7 again. Until this team rebuilds, they'll be stuck in mediocrity neutral, which is why Herm and Carl WILL go with either Huard or Green for this year. They don't want to take the time to rebuild. And even if we do rebuild, we don't have the right people in charge to make it successful.

This team will see success when Carl, Herm and the rest of the coaches and front office ride off into the sunset.

I can't disagree with your point there on Peterson. Im a firm believer success all starts from the top, we don't have the FO to build a team. All those guys Peterson, Stiles, Thum should all be fired. Im not a Carl Peterson fan myself, I think after so many years of seeing this team being in a state of mediocrity its time for a change. I wish this organization could see that?

As far as Herm goes, Im not gonna judge him. I think it's too early for that. From what I saw this year, I think he did a good job. Overall.

I think Herm can build a good defense. I really do. And from what I saw this past off-season the additions of Hali, Law, Page, Pollard has me convinced that Herm accomplished more in building this defense in 1 season than DV did in his 5 years here. We also made the playoffs, and that is always a good start for a new head coach. Plus, I think he has the right idea of building this team through the draft. Which is the way it should be. And is what we shoulda done in the past years. Because you and I know, what killed this team was FA. It was the stupid signings the Chiefs made in the past. Signing nothing but underachievers...ala Hicks, Warfield, Bartee, Wesley, Woods, Holliday, Barber, McCleon, Bell, Knight, etc, etc...If we can avoid those mistakes, and be willing to draft and develop players the way Herm wants to see this team, Im willing to give him a chance. It's a change for this organization if they were to do something like that.

So im holding back on that panic button, Im willing to give Herm a chance.

*Im all for going younger. Even if the Chiefs go with Croyle, thats cool too. The main reason I would like to see this team retain the services of Huard, is because it gives them a veteran. Some decent competition in camp. Possibly some security at the QB position? I just think last year the numbers Huard put up were too good to pass, or let go I should say. Some may think it was just a wonder, or maybe a fluke. But I don't think so. Not when a backup comes in and performs like that. i think he is for real. Also, i just dont think it would be a good idea to throw a young QB into the mix right away. Its not like we have an established defense or anything. Say Croyle ends up not being any good? then what? Its always good to have a veteran there.

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 01:30 PM
P4P,
I avoided the rampant sarcasm, and merely laid out some facts and valid assumptions. I suggest you do the same.

Since you've determined that I'm unable to "Do the math", please do it for me...specifically:

1. How "We draft a reciever high in the first round..." Re-sign Huard and trade for a higher pick? Which team do we trade with? You suggested trading Huard to the Skins on draft day, then immediately followed with, "I don't think the skins want him that much." Please clarify.

2. Croyle is "...young and 'hungary'". I didn't forget him; I simply don't think "young and hungry" = ability to start. A fact is that he'll have the opportunity to challenge as the starter next year. Your assumption is that Croyle will start and "have a breakout year." What's your basis for this assumption?

3. Please "do the math" on how the Chiefs will "...address our oline issues," along with acquiring a quality DT, in one off-season. Possible, but improbable. Fact: we need a LT. Assumption: Shields will retire, and Sampson or Terry will start at RT. Your take on this?

Since the phrase "Carry on" evidently rubs you the wrong way, I'll try, "Please continue to discuss".
1. Huard is useless to the chiefs. I feel that he will go back-up somebody else in the NFL. Probably the Lions. With Jarrett earning himself the "Mike Williams II" nickname, he will drop like a rock. The chiefs can be in reasonable range to pick him up. Croyle has chemistry with Parker, using TG as a decoy. Samie is more of an impact player.
2. So, does old and lucky= starter to you? He played some bad teams and barely squeaked out a win against SD. Green still hasn't recovered from the hit he took in week one, so he will get one more shot.
3. DT isn't that big of an issue right now. You may think this sounds stupid, but I feel that Edwards can improve in camp and will be better in the future. LT can be addressed thru FA. Long will be a great addition next season. Somebody said that recievers made green better. Well, if Croyle has his recievers run quick routes, the line won't be an issue.

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 01:31 PM
I can't disagree with your point there on Peterson. Im a firm believer success all starts from the top, we don't have the FO to build a team. All those guys Peterson, Stiles, Thum should all be fired. Im not a Carl Peterson fan myself, I think after so many years of seeing this team being in a state of mediocrity its time for a change. I wish this organization could see that?

As far as Herm goes, Im not gonna judge him. I think it's too early for that. From what I saw this year, I think he did a good job. Overall.

I think Herm can build a good defense. I really do. And from what I saw this past off-season the additions of Hali, Law, Page, Pollard has me convinced that Herm accomplished more in building this defense in 1 season than DV did in his 5 years here. We also made the playoffs, and that is always a good start for a new head coach. Plus, I think he has the right idea of building this team through the draft. Which is the way it should be. And is what we shoulda done in the past years. Because you and I know, what killed this team was FA. It was the stupid signings the Chiefs made in the past. Signing nothing but underachievers...ala Hicks, Warfield, Bartee, Wesley, Woods, Holliday, Barber, McCleon, Bell, Knight, etc, etc...If we can avoid those mistakes, and be willing to draft and develop players the way Herm wants to see this team, Im willing to give him a chance. It's a change for this organization if they were to do something like that.

So im holding back on that panic button, Im willing to give Herm a chance.

*Im all for going younger. Even if the Chiefs go with Croyle, thats cool too. The main reason I would like to see this team retain the services of Huard, is because it gives them a veteran. Some decent competition in camp. Possibly some security at the QB position? I just think last year the numbers Huard put up were too good to pass, or let go I should say. Some may think it was just a wonder, or maybe a fluke. But I don't think so. Not when a backup comes in and performs like that. i think he is for real. Also, i just dont think it would be a good idea to throw a young QB into the mix right away. Its not like we have an established defense or anything. Say Croyle ends up not being any good? then what? Its always good to have a veteran there.
Bring in Sage Rosnefels as the #2 QB. He is a solid back-up. Proven in Miami and Houston.

chiefforlife
01-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Huard is useless but you want to bring in Sage?? WTF? How could you say Huard is useless? He proved his value to the team this year, what has changed? trINT is useless, Huard could either start this year and groom Croyle or even better back up Croyle.

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Huard is useless but you want to bring in Sage?? WTF? How could you say Huard is useless? He proved his value to the team this year, what has changed? trINT is useless, Huard could either start this year and groom Croyle or even better back up Croyle.
Huard isn't the shit. Green should be the new QB coach. This year isn't about going 10-6 or 9-7. This year is about rebuilding a team. Huard isn't valuable because he is 33 and doesn't have that much left. Teams now have film on him and he will not have the same success. Huard is a solid #2. We can't afford to keep him. We are in a process of rebuilding a franchise. Bring in the guy that I have idolized since I was very little and he (Sage) could and has done the same exact things Huard did this year.

TRR
01-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Huard isn't the shit. Green should be the new QB coach. This year isn't about going 10-6 or 9-7. This year is about rebuilding a team. Huard isn't valuable because he is 33 and doesn't have that much left. Teams now have film on him and he will not have the same success. Huard is a solid #2. We can't afford to keep him. We are in a process of rebuilding a franchise. Bring in the guy that I have idolized since I was very little and he (Sage) could and has done the same exact things Huard did this year.

That's pretty sad if you idolized Sage Rosenfels. He wasn't even that good at Iowa State, let alone the pro's.

Easy 6
01-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Samie is more of an impact player.

DT isn't that big of an issue right now.

if Croyle has his recievers run quick routes, the line won't be an issue.

P4P, dont you know that your life is in danger when you go to those neighborhoods to buy crack???

chiefforlife
01-20-2007, 02:01 PM
First you say Huard is useless and then you say he is a solid #2. Every team needs a solid #2.

milkman
01-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Sage Rosenfels?

LMAO

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 02:19 PM
That's pretty sad if you idolized Sage Rosenfels. He wasn't even that good at Iowa State, let alone the pro's.
That hurts

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 02:19 PM
First you say Huard is useless and then you say he is a solid #2. Every team needs a solid #2.
Sage is that guy

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Sage Rosenfels?

LMAO
How dare you mock the best QB in ISU history.

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2007, 02:28 PM

I guess this should be a sticky: TRENT GREEN WILL NEVER COACH IN THE NFL. PERIOD.

His future is in broadcasting. The guy's already made over $25 million dollars in the NFL. He has three kids and a hot wife. Why the hell would he want to work 80 hours a week as an NFL assistant coach? HE DOESN'T. He's said it publicly that he'll go into broadcasting. End of story.

Hopefully, he'll do what's right for the Chiefs, himself and his family this offseason.

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 02:59 PM
His wife is hot. When they showed her in the stands during the game, if made me forget about how shitty our offense was up to that point.

Priest4Prez
01-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Here is why. It's simple. Huard is younger and probably wont cost as much as Green. But there is no doubt he is the better fit for this organization and the direction it needs to go.

Huard is a better fit for this offense. I observed Huard closely, I noticed there are 2 things he does that bodes well with this offense. He gets rid of the ball quickly. And he doesn't force any throws.

What I also noticed his passes have some nice zip to them, and are accurate.

Trent Green's biggest problem this year was holding onto the ball too long. And he forced a lot of throws this year which led to some mistakes.
And a lot of Trent passes were wobbly and off target. Please pardon me for bashing Green, but i think his best days are behind him. The Bottomline is, Huard gave to this team what Trent couldn't give.

*I look at it this way, our offensive line was a bit of a problem. Mainly because we lost Roaf, but there was some shuffling there this year. Guys getting hurt, a lot of patchworking throughout the season. But regardless, the blocking isn't as good as it used to be. So I think the only way you can work around that, is if you have a QB that can get rid of the ball quickly, or if you have a mobile QB. Trent is neither of that.

If you have a QB that can get rid of the ball quickly isnt that a good solution to help covering up your problems on offense? What if the Chiefs drafted a WR in the 1st round? If you have a guy that can get open quickly, and a QB that can get rid of the ball quickly that kinda helps you on offense, and covers up your blocking problems.

Thats what I hope this team does. Re-sign Huard. Cut Green. Draft a WR in the first round. And focus on building the defense in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft.

Hey, I figure if Herm can build a GOOD defense, and have a QB that you ask to not make you mistakes(which is what Huard did this year)...A solid running game, and a few playmakers on offense. You know what? We could be a good team. Thats the direction I think the Chiefs should go.
I made a thread two days ago about this same topic. Weird.