PDA

View Full Version : New TV advice

Deberg_1990
01-20-2007, 10:52 AM
SO my 5 year old "47 inch Samsung appears to be going out. Its a rear projection HD model. I havent looked at TV's all that closely in quite some time obviously......

Any advice would be appreaciated.....should i go DLP, LCD, Plasma, or projection again???

Im wanting to stay in the 40" - 50" range....

Stewie
01-20-2007, 10:55 AM
After measuring all the pros/cons of various TVs I went with a 42" plasma. It's awesome. Keep your eyes peeled for sales because you can get a good plasma for a little over $1000.

Bill Lundberg
01-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I have a 56" Samsung DLP 1080p and I absolutely love it.

Deberg_1990
01-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Im wanting to stay around the $1000 line.....

I saw a nice 42" DLP Toshiba at Sears last night.....picture looked great....i just dont know all that much about DLP or how reliable it is...

suds79
01-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I think you should wait until laser TVs come out at the end of this year.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/10/laser-tvs-launching-christmas-2007/

Stewie
01-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Im wanting to stay around the $1000 line.....

I saw a nice 42" DLP Toshiba at Sears last night.....picture looked great....i just dont know all that much about DLP or how reliable it is...

If you're budget conscious remember that DLP sets require new bulbs every 5,000 hours (about 2 years of use on avg.) at a cost of $200, $400 if you pay someone else to install it.

Fairplay
01-20-2007, 11:18 AM

Thats interesting. I will have to wait and read the pros and cons of these when they come out.

Stewie
01-20-2007, 11:21 AM

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/19/laser-tv-no-plasma-killer/

Cave Johnson
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
If you're budget conscious remember that DLP sets require new bulbs every 5,000 hours (about 2 years of use on avg.) at a cost of $200, $400 if you pay someone else to install it.

Amen. When my friend was shopping for a new set, the sales monkey at BB tried to say the bulb life was 60K hours. Which of course is the half-life on plasmas.

He still bought a 61" DLP anyway, mainly because his ex (who bought a loft one floor above him) had a 56".

Deberg_1990
01-20-2007, 11:33 AM

Damn, that sucks....i might just go with projection again......seems like less hassle...

DaFace
01-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Someone posted a pretty good article comparing all the different technologies in the Media Center a while back:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154463

And for what it's worth, I just bought a Westinghouse 42" LCD from Best Buy for $880 (pre-tax). That was with a coupon, but watch sites like FatWallet.com and Slickdeals.net for good deals like that if you've got some time to shop around.

Fairplay
01-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Damn, that sucks....i might just go with projection again......seems like less hassle...

I've read on here that some people like the projection tv.

I never cared for it myself. I prefer Plasma. But thats just me.

Cave Johnson
01-20-2007, 11:45 AM

If you can swing $300 more for a decent brand, I'd highly recommend a 42" plasma over a projection. Light years better picture quality.

DaFace
01-20-2007, 11:49 AM
If you can swing $300 more for a decent brand, I'd highly recommend a 42" plasma over a projection. Light years better picture quality.

Agreed. If you just look at the projection TV's in stores, you can immediately see the difference. Direct-view TV's are the way to go, no matter what technology they're using.

AndChiefs
01-20-2007, 12:19 PM
I've got a Panasonic 42" plasma which I got for 1k...pictures great and the viewing angle is amazing. I'd go with it over the DLP personally.

rocks
01-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I have a HD 42" LCD and the picture is really good but I just bought a 55" Hitachi HD Plasma and the picture is just outstanding. I would favor the plasma.

Stewie
01-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I have a HD 42" LCD and the picture is really good but I just bought a 55" Hitachi HD Plasma and the picture is just outstanding. I would favor the plasma.

Wow! You have some moola wrapped up in TVs. I hope you have an alarm system or at least have the plasma wall-mounted with a mount that needs a special tool to secure/remove the set.

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2007, 12:53 PM
It depends on how natural light hits your room. If you have too much natural light, go with an LCD, preferably a Sharp Aquos. If you don't have much natural light, go you can plasma.

The plasma televisions have a much truer "black" but the Sharp Aquos line is almost as good. The problem with plasmas and rear-projection is glare on the screen. That's a non-issue with an LCD.

I've got a 57" Hitachi rear-projection, a 2005 32" Sharp Aquos and a 2007 46" Sharp Aquos. The 46" completely blows away the Hitachi and is much more responsive and "quicker" than the 2005 model.

As a side note, try to buy your television at Costco (if they have them where you live). They'll back it up for 3 years without an extended warranty. That will save you $300!

Good luck.

rocks
01-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Wow! You have some moola wrapped up in TVs. I hope you have an alarm system or at least have the plasma wall-mounted with a mount that needs a special tool to secure/remove the set.

The wife calls me nuts, but bigger is better. I just want to watch the Chiefs in a superbowl on them. Other than 1970!

stevieray
01-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm pretty damn pleased with my Sony 55" LCD/HDTV.

Mojo Rising
01-20-2007, 04:32 PM
It depends on how natural light hits your room. If you have too much natural light, go with an LCD, preferably a Sharp Aquos. If you don't have much natural light, go you can plasma.

The plasma televisions have a much truer "black" but the Sharp Aquos line is almost as good. The problem with plasmas and rear-projection is glare on the screen. That's a non-issue with an LCD.

I've got a 57" Hitachi rear-projection, a 2005 32" Sharp Aquos and a 2007 46" Sharp Aquos. The 46" completely blows away the Hitachi and is much more responsive and "quicker" than the 2005 model.

As a side note, try to buy your television at Costco (if they have them where you live). They'll back it up for 3 years without an extended warranty. That will save you $300!

Good luck.

My living room is pretty bright. Even with the blinds lowered. It seems like you get more bang for your buck at the 42" range which is what I am looking at (as far as contrast, response time) is concerned.

How big of a difference is there with the glares between LCD and Plasma?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm pretty damn pleased with my Sony 55" LCD/HDTV.

Are you sure that isn't an LCoS or LCD RP?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Whatever size you get, make sure you get LCD 1080p.

DLP isn't as good and pretty soon everything will be broadcasted in 1080p.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 05:20 PM
SO my 5 year old "47 inch Samsung appears to be going out. Its a rear projection HD model. I havent looked at TV's all that closely in quite some time obviously......

Any advice would be appreaciated.....should i go DLP, LCD, Plasma, or projection again???

Im wanting to stay in the 40" - 50" range....

The 5000 hours range for DLP is only if you are an unmitigated f*cktard. Spend 20 bucks on Ebay for a DVD called Avia or Digital Video Essentials. It will show you how to properly calibrate your TV to maximize both picture quality and the life of the light device....You'll get much closer to 8000 hours.

Buy an extended warranty...and if you get it from a big box store, like say BB, get it in writing that you'll pay the CC X-warranty price, which is higher, if they allow you to get the same number of bulb changes (BB offers only 1, CC offers 2)

In the 40" range, LCD will give you a much, much better PQ than plasma, and it will last longer. Unfortunately, it will be out of your price range (1000 dollars).

I'd go with a 42" DLP in all honestly. If it lasts you another 5-7 years, by then, you will have TV displays that are far superior to current (the new ones: OLED, SED, FED) direct view technologies (like plasma) in both PQ and set life.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Whatever size you get, make sure you get LCD 1080p.

DLP isn't as good and pretty soon everything will be broadcasted in 1080p.

Pretty soon (1080p) as in 5 years. No one broadcasts anything in 1080p, and TV stations are notoriously cheap. They are going to stick with lower rezzes as long as possible to save bandwidth. Furthermore, nearly all 1080p sets natively upscale the content anyway, so the odds of you being able to tell the difference at this point is very, very low. Furthermore, he's going to pay more than twice his budget for an LCD 1080p in the size he wants

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2007, 05:31 PM
My living room is pretty bright. Even with the blinds lowered. It seems like you get more bang for your buck at the 42" range which is what I am looking at (as far as contrast, response time) is concerned.

How big of a difference is there with the glares between LCD and Plasma?

There is no glare at all with LCD. The glare for plasma can be at much as a rear-projection. If you turn on a lamp in your room and see the lamp in the plasma/projection reflection or light coming in and the screen almost becomes like a mirror, then you'll want an LCD for sure.

There are great deals out there on good LCD HDTV's, especially at Costco. That's where I'd buy, hands down. They keep records of purchases and will replace for up to three years without purchasing an extended warranty.

Rain Man
01-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I never thought of this before, but I'll bet in places like Tucson and El Paso and McAllen, you can hire illegal aliens to act out the TV scripts at a lower cost than buying a big-screen TV.

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I never thought of this before, but I'll bet in places like Tucson and El Paso and McAllen, you can hire illegal aliens to act out the TV scripts at a lower cost than buying a big-screen TV.

I'd need subtitles, though. The cost of paper and markers would be cost-prohibitive.

Silock
01-20-2007, 05:40 PM
If you REALLY want a good deal on a tv, try shopping here:

www.outlet.philips.com

Some really, really good deals on refurbished TVs. And no, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with refurbished TVs. Just like brand new, half the cost.

As far as what TV, it really depends. LCDs just don't have the same color depth of a plasma, but the difference isn't too bad. Don't feel like you have to run out and buy the best 1080p TV out there, either. If you're watching a TV larger than 42", chances are you're not even going to be able to see the difference in detail between 1080p and 720p. And you're not going to be watching anything in 1080p right now unless you are playing PS3/Xbox or watching Blue-Ray/HD-DVD. The best resolution for cable and satellite right now is 1080i, and most companies are still broadcasting in 720p. Now, if you're going smaller than 42", you're probably going to be able to see the difference between 720p and 1080p, but that's only because you'll be sitting closer to the TV. The reason you don't see it on the larger TVs is because you're simply sitting further away, generally. If you sit closer than about 7 feet, I'd recommend a 1080p set. If you sit further away than that, 720p is for you, IMO.

The big thing, though, is just make sure it looks good to YOU. Don't listen to what other people say. It's going to be sitting in YOUR house and you will be the one watching it. Also, make sure you get it calibrated correctly, as that makes a HUGE difference in how a TV looks.

I'm about to buy a TV myself, and I'm definitely going to save some money by buying a refurbished 720p set. And no one that comes over and watches my TV will ever know that I didn't spend $2000 on it.

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2007, 05:47 PM

www.outlet.philips.com

LCDs just don't have the same color depth of a plasma, but the difference isn't too bad.

The Sharp Aquos do have the same black and color as the plasma televisions and this was confirmed last week at CES by USA Today and others. FWIW, I saw the same 42" Phillips plasma models at Costco last week for $1,199.99. I'd rather spend $200 more to purchase a non-refurb, but that's just me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 05:51 PM
If you really want a good deal, use froogle, and do your research. Shopping should require some work... the good deal fairy isn't required to drop out of the sky and shove a gold nugget up your asshole. People need to realize that consumerism is based in large part on deception and as a consumer, you need to see through that deception.

stevieray
01-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Are you sure that isn't an LCoS or LCD RP?

it is LCD RP, but HDTV ready.

3LCD panels, 1 lens projection system..

1,280 x 720..

Silock
01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
The Sharp Aquos do have the same black and color as the plasma televisions and this was confirmed last week at CES by USA Today and others. FWIW, I saw the same 42" Phillips plasma models at Costco last week for $1,199.99. I'd rather spend $200 more to purchase a non-refurb, but that's just me.

Maybe. I've yet to see an LCD that matches a plasma, but if it's true, that's going to be good for the market.

Still, though, those Aquos TVs are very, very expensive. You're looking at nearly 4 grand for the 52". No thanks.

Refurbs aren't for everyone, but like I said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, and it's a great way to save a few bucks. It's like buy a new car that's got 6,000 dealer driven miles on it. Great way to save money, and you're still getting the same product.

Silock
01-20-2007, 05:54 PM
If you really want a good deal, use froogle, and do your research. Shopping should require some work... the good deal fairy isn't required to drop out of the sky and shove a gold nugget up your asshole. People need to realize that consumerism is based in large part on deception and as a consumer, you need to see through that deception.

Froogle is a great way to find deals.

Rain Man
01-20-2007, 05:56 PM
I'd need subtitles, though. The cost of paper and markers would be cost-prohibitive.

And admittedly, it would take up more space in the living room. On the other hand, it would be really entertaining to channel surf.

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Maybe. I've yet to see an LCD that matches a plasma, but if it's true, that's going to be good for the market.

Still, though, those Aquos TVs are very, very expensive. You're looking at nearly 4 grand for the 52". No thanks.

$3,299.00 at Costco.com and the prices will only come down from there. My 32" was $1899.99 in November 2005 and now those can be found for $1,000 or less.

FWIW, I wouldn't recommend buying a "budget" plasma or LCD for the family room. Bedroom? Maybe. But not for the primary television. I'd wait, save some more money and watch the prices drop.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 06:01 PM
$3,299.00 at Costco.com and the prices will only come down from there. My 37" was $1899.99 in November 2005 and now those can be found for $1,000 or less.

FWIW, I wouldn't recommend buying a "budget" plasma or LCD for the family room. Bedroom? Maybe. But not for the primary television. I'd wait, save some more money and watch the prices drop.

Yes and No.

Olevia LCDs are phenomenal for their price, nearly as good as Samsungs....they use LG and Phillips screens and can be had VERY cheap....I got a 32" 720P for $599.

Silock
01-20-2007, 06:01 PM
$3,299.00 at Costco.com and the prices will only come down from there. My 37" was $1899.99 in November 2005 and now those can be found for $1,000 or less.

$3299 + tax = nearly 4,000

And yeah, they'll come down in the future, but I think the OP was wanting to buy now, which the future really doesn't help him with ;) ;) ;)

Silock
01-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes and No.

Olevia LCDs are phenomenal for their price, nearly as good as Samsungs....they use LG and Phillips screens and can be had VERY cheap....I got a 32" 720P for $599.

I agree, but the screen is only half the equation. Part of the reason the major brands cost more is because of the signal processing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 06:12 PM
I agree, but the screen is only half the equation. Part of the reason the major brands cost more is because of the signal processing.

This is true...but most Olevias have a really nice ATI chip in them...

Silock
01-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Also true.

Mojo Rising
01-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Be careful with the re-furbed Philips. It is not like buying a car with 6k miles on it. The reason they are re-furbed is that they have already broken once, used cars haven't already broken.

Plus, you only get a 90 day warranty (instead of a year.) I have read reviews and the Phiilips TV's had a lot of tech problems. Plus, their customer service is apparently deficient.

I almost bought one last summer and didn't.My brother did (early Aug.) and hasn't had any problems with it.

I am using gift cards from Citi's Thank You Network to get a new set in March. My choices are BB, CC Off Depo Off Max and Amazon. Any recommendations?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Amazon. If you can afford it, go w/ the Samsung.

Mojo Rising
01-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I was looking at the 40" Samsung LCD and it was $50 cheaper at CC than Amazon. I think the Amazon gift cards are also only good on Amazon products...not re-sellers.

They also include J&R Music. How are J&R?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 07:05 PM
I was looking at the 40" Samsung LCD and it was $50 cheaper at CC than Amazon. I think the Amazon gift cards are also only good on Amazon products...not re-sellers.

Well, what you can do (and what I would tell you to do) is have CC match the resellers price + S&H. This will enable you to use the gift cards at a B&M store where you will get better service and a lower price...the best of both worlds.

Silock
01-20-2007, 07:06 PM
The reason they are re-furbed is that they have already broken once, used cars haven't already broken.

Not necessarily. They also sell discontinued models on the refurb site. And the ones that are cleared have to meet the same standards as the brand new items that leave the factory.

Plus, their customer service is apparently deficient.

I hadn't heard this. Got a link?

Miles
01-20-2007, 07:08 PM

I haven't ordered anything from J&R in a few years but have always had a good experience with them. They are one of the larger and more reputable electronics dealers around.

Mojo Rising
01-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Not necessarily. They also sell discontinued models on the refurb site. And the ones that are cleared have to meet the same standards as the brand new items that leave the factory.

You are right. My brother hasn't had any problems with the one he has purchased. For me, it was the damaged goods idea. Once broken...always broken.

I hadn't heard this. Got a link?

Couldn't pull a link. Mouse over the Refurbished Icon and it will explain the policy. 90 days on a broken item is a red flag to me.

Well, what you can do (and what I would tell you to do) is have CC match the resellers price + S&H. This will enable you to use the gift cards at a B&M store where you will get better service and a lower price...the best of both worlds.

CC abd BB won't price match web prices.

Mojo Rising
02-15-2007, 10:39 PM

www.outlet.philips.com

Some really, really good deals on refurbished TVs. And no, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with refurbished TVs. Just like brand new, half the cost.

As far as what TV, it really depends. LCDs just don't have the same color depth of a plasma, but the difference isn't too bad. Don't feel like you have to run out and buy the best 1080p TV out there, either. If you're watching a TV larger than 42", chances are you're not even going to be able to see the difference in detail between 1080p and 720p. And you're not going to be watching anything in 1080p right now unless you are playing PS3/Xbox or watching Blue-Ray/HD-DVD. The best resolution for cable and satellite right now is 1080i, and most companies are still broadcasting in 720p. Now, if you're going smaller than 42", you're probably going to be able to see the difference between 720p and 1080p, but that's only because you'll be sitting closer to the TV. The reason you don't see it on the larger TVs is because you're simply sitting further away, generally. If you sit closer than about 7 feet, I'd recommend a 1080p set. If you sit further away than that, 720p is for you, IMO.

The big thing, though, is just make sure it looks good to YOU. Don't listen to what other people say. It's going to be sitting in YOUR house and you will be the one watching it. Also, make sure you get it calibrated correctly, as that makes a HUGE difference in how a TV looks.

I'm about to buy a TV myself, and I'm definitely going to save some money by buying a refurbished 720p set. And no one that comes over and watches my TV will ever know that I didn't spend $2000 on it.

I posted a warning about the Philips refurbed. I just bought 1 though. They have a 50" for $999 delivered. It comes with a 90 day warranty, however, Amex will extend the warranty by a year. Their service will probable be better than Philips. If the TV dies after 15 months then I guess I'm out of $999.

dtebbe
02-15-2007, 10:52 PM
To me the best bang for the buck is still the 50" Sony SXRD $1800 or so at Best Buy. It's 1080p and IMHO the SXRD technology looks better than DLP.

Link to SXRD (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7932623&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050031&id=1149208956900)

DT

recxjake
02-15-2007, 11:28 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7705897&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050039&id=1138085317167

Any thougts??? My dad is getting this one... so if I understand... he will have to repalce the bulb in this one in 5 years or so

Miles
02-15-2007, 11:31 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7705897&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050039&id=1138085317167

Any thougts??? My dad is getting this one... so if I understand... he will have to repalce the bulb in this one in 5 years or so

Hard to go wrong with a Samsung DLP. The bulb will eventually go out and need to be replaced after a few years. Not really sure how much they are but I think around $150.

recxjake
02-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Hard to go wrong with a Samsung DLP. The bulb will eventually go out and need to be replaced after a few years. Not really sure how much they are but I think around $150.

It looks so good at the store, and he belongs to direct buy, so it's VERY cheap... but I just don't like the fact that you have to replace a bulb.

Miles
02-15-2007, 11:37 PM
It looks so good at the store, and he belongs to direct buy, so it's VERY cheap... but I just don't like the fact that you have to replace a bulb.

Bulb replacement is a minor cost over the life of a TV. Its one of the downsides of the technology.

ChiefFan31
02-16-2007, 01:15 AM
To me the best bang for the buck is still the 50" Sony SXRD $1800 or so at Best Buy. It's 1080p and IMHO the SXRD technology looks better than DLP.

Link to SXRD (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7932623&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050031&id=1149208956900)

DT

Agreed. I have zero complaints with this TV. I bought it about 4-5 months back now. I was just at Best Buy on my dinner break, they had it for 1,849. Picture is amazing + 2 1080p HDMI inputs for PS3.

Fruit Ninja
02-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Not if you have the full warrenty, go go circuit city.

i have a 65inch Mitsubishi DKP 1080P, and its bad ass, i totally love it.

ChiefFan31
02-16-2007, 02:44 AM

I really don't see how he is going to be disappointed if he purchases this television.

I humbly recommend the extended warranty on it, even though BB's track record pretty much blows. You will get a free bulb and some piece of mind on a fairly expensive purchase.

HonestChieffan
02-16-2007, 08:19 AM
I have a Magnavox TV that wife and I believe is a 1988 model. Dont laugh..its been a great old TV and it still works. But it has issues...getting slower and slower to warm up..TVs that old dont come on instantly...and we cannot hook any more "stuff" to it.

Imagine the confusion for a non techno person who bought the last TV in 1988 looking to buy a TV today.

I would love to have a new TV but my life doesnt revolve around TV and where my TV is I do get glare in late afternoon, and if I have people over and we watch something it si from a lot of angles in the room.

I get so confused by all this I just want to scream.

Thank you for listening. Ill go back to my cave and pretend nothing has changed since 88.

Manila-Chief
02-16-2007, 09:20 AM
I have a Magnavox TV that wife and I believe is a 1988 model. Dont laugh..its been a great old TV and it still works. But it has issues...getting slower and slower to warm up..TVs that old dont come on instantly...and we cannot hook any more "stuff" to it.

Imagine the confusion for a non techno person who bought the last TV in 1988 looking to buy a TV today.

I would love to have a new TV but my life doesnt revolve around TV and where my TV is I do get glare in late afternoon, and if I have people over and we watch something it si from a lot of angles in the room.

I get so confused by all this I just want to scream.

Thank you for listening. Ill go back to my cave and pretend nothing has changed since 88.

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself ... or at least you have company in the next cave ... been overseas for 31 years ... you talking about change... and in all areas of life Yeah, spent 6 months or so here every 3.5 years but that is not enough to stay into the culture.

I did some research and bought a 27" Sony 6 months or so ago... that I thought was ready for the HD switch over only to discover that it probably is not. I paid way too much ... my brother bought one the same size and not a Sony but at a 1/3 of the price I paid ... I thought he wasn't aware of the coming doom .... turns out the last laugh is on me. :banghead:

Does anyone have any updates on when the laser format TVs will be released? I hear that it is a much better picture/TV and about 1/2 price??? We actually need to buy our main TV so we can move the smaller ones down to masterbed room, kitchen.

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 09:22 AM
44" Samsung DLP HDTV

you wont be disappointed....

kepp
02-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Be careful with the re-furbed Philips. It is not like buying a car with 6k miles on it. The reason they are re-furbed is that they have already broken once, used cars haven't already broken.

Plus, you only get a 90 day warranty (instead of a year.) I have read reviews and the Phiilips TV's had a lot of tech problems. Plus, their customer service is apparently deficient.
This is true from my experience. I bought a new 32" from them like 6 years ago (so it was the "old" style) and, when it died just over a year later, their service/warranty/etc. was absolutely worthless. I ended up throwing it in a dumpster. Because of that, I won't buy another Philips TV.