PDA

View Full Version : Polling the ChiefsPlanet Parents... Is 7 too young for a Gun?

Ari Chi3fs
01-20-2007, 09:37 PM
OK, so one of my friends that lives in Arkansas... took his 7 year old son to a shooting range today.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEg0XOdaefo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEg0XOdaefo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

He then bought his son a gun that works as three guns, 20 gauge, 243, and 22.

I called him a ****ing idiot, and good luck with Columbine Arkansas in the future... he called me a pussy idiot.

This dude is a white dude who has never hunted Deer or anything. Said he went bird hunting a couple of times...

His son is now eager to go hunting, which probably won't occur.

So, is this guy a total dumbass, or am I just a suburban pussy idiot?

KCFalcon59
01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
What a dumb****!!!

Easy 6
01-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Unless he's living on the 1800's frontier, i would say that 7 is too young.

Dark Horse
01-20-2007, 09:43 PM
7 is too young, but as long as the gun is locked up and the kid only gets to use or handle it under supervision there is probably no harm done.

Ari Chi3fs
01-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Ill be sending him the results of this poll, so please vote ****ers.

cheefer
01-20-2007, 09:48 PM
A great father.

Ari Chi3fs
01-20-2007, 09:48 PM
A great father.

are you being serious, or sarcastic?

cheefer
01-20-2007, 09:50 PM
are you being serious, or sarcastic?

sarcastically serious.

Ari Chi3fs
01-20-2007, 09:50 PM
sarcastically serious.

wow, you are no help.

morphius
01-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Well, you are a pussy idiot and 7 is probably a bit young. The only issue I have is why buy the gun if the Dad doesn't shoot much. It is a gun, not a nuke. I remember a bunch of my cousins shot guns pretty young, we just had a lot of supervision when doing it. None of the 25 of us have ever killed a person or attacked a school.

The key is really the Dad here, if he lets the kid play with it like a toy when it is unloaded, then yeah, he is a stupid idiot. But if he locks it away, makes the boy clean it, and respect it, shouldn't be a big deal.

cheefer
01-20-2007, 09:52 PM
wow, you are no help.

Why not buy the kid a gun? I wouldn't buy my kid a gun but I can't judge someone else with a total different mindset based on guidelines I have set for myself.

Ari Chi3fs
01-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Well, you are a pussy idiot and 7 is probably a bit young. The only issue I have is why buy the gun if the Dad doesn't shoot much. It is a gun, not a nuke. I remember a bunch of my cousins shot guns pretty young, we just had a lot of supervision when doing it. None of the 25 of us have ever killed a person or attacked a school.

The key is really the Dad here, if he lets the kid play with it like a toy when it is unloaded, then yeah, he is a stupid idiot. But if he locks it away, makes the boy clean it, and respect it, shouldn't be a big deal.

Nice dig there, Morphiass. You were way cooler when you weren't a mod.

HMc
01-20-2007, 09:57 PM
the fact that you have to ask this shows that you're all messed up.

Ari Chi3fs
01-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I guess he is gonna use the gun to shoot neighborhood squirrels. Brilliant.

morphius
01-20-2007, 09:58 PM
eh, your just saying that, I know I was never cool ;)

LV Tim
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
I haven't seen too many seven year olds with enough responsibility to take care of a puppy. Kids can do some very stupid things without thinking . . . like shooting the gun off in the house, putting a hole in the refrigerator. Then blaming it on my (er his) sister.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 10:03 PM
This ranks up there with telling your seven year old to drink Bleach instead of apple juice and shut himself in the dryer for an hour instead of the amusement park on levels of intelligence.

(FWIW I'm not anti-gun, but considering his dad isn't much of a hunter and the kid's age as well as the weight of the gun and the lack of dexterity and strength that a 7 year old is going to have, it's an absof*ckinglutely retarded idea.)

Skip Towne
01-20-2007, 10:04 PM
He wasn't cool then either. He said so himself.

Bowser
01-20-2007, 10:05 PM
He'll shoot his eye out. Right out the back of his head.

Bill Parcells
01-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Way too young....my friend started having his son use a bow and gun at 10 years old..and he's an avid hunter..so it's not like he's a novice..

morphius
01-20-2007, 10:07 PM
He wasn't cool then either. He said so himself.
Just some of us realize it without being told...

morphius
01-20-2007, 10:09 PM
I guess he is gonna use the gun to shoot neighborhood squirrels. Brilliant.
Is that what the guy is actually saying? Does the guy shoot at a range a lot?

Ari Chi3fs
01-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Is that what the guy is actually saying? Does the guy shoot at a range a lot?

Yeah, he said deer hunting was boring, but shooting squirrels is fun.

Uh, he also said that he got his kid the "Kid Size" gun. I guess this must be all the rage in Arkansas.

I have no idea why they have the reputation for being dumbasses down there. None at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 10:15 PM
"Seven year old accidently kills suburban mother when he misses squirrel"

morphius
01-20-2007, 10:20 PM

Uh, he also said that he got his kid the "Kid Size" gun. I guess this must be all the rage in Arkansas.

I have no idea why they have the reputation for being dumbasses down there. None at all.
Okay, I'm glad I didn't vote yet. He is a dumbass, though I think 7 could be okay if the parent is mature enough, but this guy doesn't fit that in any sense.

KChiefer
01-20-2007, 10:22 PM
I just don't see what good can come from giving a 7 year old a real gun. Does he want him to be the next lone ranger? What the hell did he get him a gun for if he himself isn't even an enthusiast? I got a bb gun when I was 10 or 12 and that was good enough by me.

I also remember being a kid and having my drunk dad decide to teach me about guns. We drove to the country and he when he shot the rifle, it recoiled into his eye and he started bleeding. Nice going Dad.

Last 4th of July I went camping. My friends brought guns to shoot. So my one buddy was drinking all day and decided to try his hand at shooting. I then went to the other side of the property. No lie...he shot himself in the foot with a revolver. He was the luckiest SoB ever, because the bullet went between his toes only tearing off some skin.

Ask your buddy if he thinks little arabs shooting guns looks crazy. I'm not saying he's training his kid to kill, but those images disturb me.

Guns in the hands of 7 year olds... :shake:

Bowser
01-20-2007, 10:22 PM
"Seven year old accidently kills suburban mother when he misses squirrel"

You KNOW it's coming. If not this dipshit, then one of his neighbors.

Cochise
01-20-2007, 10:39 PM
If the gun is kept locked up and he takes his son to the shooting range with it, what's the problem?

I don't see an issue with kids learning about guns and how to use and enjoy them safely from an early age. If anything it will probably make them take guns more seriously when they are older. (Provided the dad is a responsible adult and knows all this himself)

Obviously the kid shouldn't be toting it around the neighborhood like it's a Red Ryder or whatever.

Smoke
01-20-2007, 10:42 PM
I was shooting around 7 or 8, but only 22's and I had to deer hunt with someone till I was 12. I had to use a 20 gauge with slugs till I learned just how far a bullet would travel and to check the background.

I didn't own a gun till my 15th birthday. Noway in hell I'd let my kid even fire a pistol at 7. Or own a 243.

The Dad is really rushing things and I hope he rethinks just how dangerous a toy he's setting his kid up with.

Bowser
01-20-2007, 10:43 PM
If the gun is kept locked up and he takes his son to the shooting range with it, what's the problem?

I don't see an issue with kids learning about guns and how to use and enjoy them safely from an early age. If anything it will probably make them take guns more seriously when they are older.

Obviously the kid shouldn't be toting it around the neighborhood like it's a Red Ryder or whatever.

The kid is in second grade, nothing good can come of it.

Take the kid to a range and let him learn all he could ever want to about guns there (I'm assuming here that you can rent guns there?), just don't let Timmy go around popping caps at squirrels running around. If ever there was a potential recipe for disaster, there you have it.

Thig Lyfe
01-20-2007, 10:50 PM
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Christmas-Story-Ralphie.jpg

PastorMikH
01-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Two of my girls weren't much older than that when they started shooting my guns.

First off, whether the gun is the kids or the dads, the ONLY time he should have it when dad is with him and the ONLY time he should have ammo is when there is a shooting situation and then he should be handed one cartridge at a time.

Now, as for buying the kid a gun. The problem most people don't realize is that a kid will struggle trying to shoot a rifle that is made for an adult. A firearm of proper legnth would be better for him to learn with (And it would be safer as well since the kid can better control the gun).

Would I hand a 7 year old a gun and wish him luck on his hike? No. But I would, with a parent's consent if it wasn't my own kid, teach him or her about shooting and then, when I think they are ready, let them shoot with my strict supervision.

morphius
01-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Two of my girls weren't much older than that when they started shooting my guns.

First off, whether the gun is the kids or the dads, the ONLY time he should have it when dad is with him and the ONLY time he should have ammo is when there is a shooting situation and then he should be handed one cartridge at a time.

Now, as for buying the kid a gun. The problem most people don't realize is that a kid will struggle trying to shoot a rifle that is made for an adult. A firearm of proper legnth would be better for him to learn with (And it would be safer as well since the kid can better control the gun).

Would I hand a 7 year old a gun and wish him luck on his hike? No. But I would, with a parent's consent if it wasn't my own kid, teach him or her about shooting and then, when I think they are ready, let them shoot with my strict supervision.
That was my thinking as well, sadly this guy does not sound like have that level of common sense.

Frazod
01-21-2007, 12:47 AM
So, is this guy a total dumbass, or am I just a suburban pussy idiot?

He's not a dumbass if he trains the kid correctly.

And you're not a suburban pussy idiot so much as a total and complete tool and a victim of years of liberal media programming.

Yes, all guns are evil, and any child who is taught to shoot will grow up to be a murdering bastard serial killer. Never mind the fact that you can count these horrible shooting incidents on one hand, and that even on the most violent day in high school history, perhaps 99.99999% of all American high school children actually went to school and didn't get killed. Yep, sounds like the end of the world to me. God help us all. :whackit:

I suppose you think breathing in a whiff of cigarette smoke will instantly give you cancer, too.

Take a bow; you're Dan Rather's love child.

:shake:

Logical
01-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Is it possible a 7 year old could handle a gun with supervision yes. But to give a 7 year old a gun is insane.

BWillie
01-21-2007, 01:15 AM
This is pretty ****in' stupid. If you gave a gun to me when I was a seven year old I would of shot someone in the leg to see what it would do. Like I would of known better. When you are seven, nothing makes sense to you. This guy should get his guardian privilages taken away for a while IMO.

Cochise
01-21-2007, 02:11 AM
It would be interesting to follow this kid through his life versus any other randomly selected kid. Of course that all depends on whether his parents are retards or not, if they keep it locked up and don't let him near it without supervision in an appropriate setting. 7 is young, but I don't see why 10 or 12 would be too young.

I bet the kid whose parents teach him about gun safety is less likely to end up committing a crime with a gun than the kid whose parents tell him that guns are evil and should be outlawed and never allow him near one.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 02:19 AM
now now children, as an idiot suburban pussy liberal will do, aries has tried to weigh the argument in his favor by giving incorrect facts. lets clear up some of the other incorrect assumptions here that idiot liberals always make to justify their asinine opinions. 1st, i have many guns in my house, this gun will not be a new concept here. i have pistols, rifles, and shotguns..........so a tiny childs model 3-in-1 gun will hardly be what causes a school shooting. 2nd, everybody has guns here, everybody i know has more guns than people in their house, from black ghetto thugs, to redneck trailer trash, i fall somewhere in the middle. so what actually made me purchase this for my sons birthday was the fact that 2 of my coworkers bought their children/nephews child size model guns for their kids around the same age. if there are going to be numerous guns in every friends house my son visits, he needs to learn to respect the power of the gun and he will know how to handle them. 3rd, i am not some newbie to hunting, i just hate deer hunting, sitting there all day motionless for the chance at maybe seeing a couple deer and maybe one getting close enough to hit. i like hunting squirrel and different fowl. 4th, he will not walk around the neighborhood with this gun strapped to his back, he will have the same access to this gun as he has to my guns. but when my son wants to go shooting with me next time, and we see some squirrel or whatever moving, i dont want to let my 60 lb son try and handle the power of my 12-guage, ill let him shoot this 24inch model made specifically for kids his size. here in arkansas we have deer run in the streets of little rock, so it is a different place, im sure if yall had more than toto to shoot at yall would see it in a different light. in closing i am sorry if your kids dont have the maturity that my son has, chalk it up to bad parenting i guess, but guns are here to stay, and if the whiny liberals want to force feed our kids sex education in school because "they are going to have sex anyway" then i will take the same approach in teaching my kids about guns. PiMpALiZe out................heh

HMc
01-21-2007, 02:28 AM
you take your 7 yr old to titty bars aswell im assuming?

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 02:29 AM
uh, huh?

Baconeater
01-21-2007, 02:37 AM
uh, huh?
Your username is teh ghey.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 02:40 AM
been my username for 10 yrs bro, thanks for adding your carefully thought out valuable input though, heh.

HMc
01-21-2007, 02:41 AM
rom black ghetto thugs, to redneck trailer trash, i fall somewhere in the middle.

this disturbs me more than the foetus packing heat thing

|Zach|
01-21-2007, 02:42 AM
http://www.ephemera-inc.com/store/product_images/1670.gif

Bob Dole
01-21-2007, 02:43 AM
Bob Dole took his first hunter safety course sometime around 2nd grade, and was already familiar with firearms.

If the guy intends to educate the kid about safely using a firearm, and doesn't just turn him loose unsupervised with the weapon and a box of ammo, Bob Dole doesn't see a problem with it.

|Zach|
01-21-2007, 02:44 AM
Some liberal must have had his way with this guys girl. Thats the only reason someone would go that far out of their way running their life just be contrary to someone else's beliefs.

crazycoffey
01-21-2007, 02:44 AM
you take your 7 yr old to titty bars aswell im assuming?

gotta learn somehow

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 02:50 AM
Some liberal must have had his way with this guys girl. Thats the only reason someone would go that far out of their way running their life just be contrary to someone else's beliefs.

i see you missed the whole point, but i thought it was laid out in simpleton terms enough so i really dont feel like dumbing it down any more for you only, maybe if a few more people need help i will reconsider, so stay tuned..........

HMc
01-21-2007, 02:54 AM
you're a retard with a small penis, so you compensate with an arsenal that you'll never have the manpower to exploit nor the balls to use.

thats what i got out of it.

|Zach|
01-21-2007, 02:56 AM
i see you missed the whole point, but i thought it was laid out in simpleton terms enough so i really dont feel like dumbing it down any more for you only, maybe if a few more people need help i will reconsider, so stay tuned..........
Don't get mad at us because liberals ran a train on your slut.

|Zach|
01-21-2007, 02:58 AM
Bob Dole took his first hunter safety course sometime around 2nd grade, and was already familiar with firearms.

If the guy intends to educate the kid about safely using a firearm, and doesn't just turn him loose unsupervised with the weapon and a box of ammo, Bob Dole doesn't see a problem with it.
Agreed.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 02:58 AM
you're a retard with a small penis, so you compensate with an arsenal that you'll never have the manpower to exploit nor the balls to use.

thats what i got out of it.

heh, go google the size of greek penises on the internet, i dont think they come in small sizes, i could be wrong though. and who says i havent already exploited my arsenal?

HMc
01-21-2007, 02:59 AM
i notice you didn't address me calling you retarded.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 03:00 AM

come on dude, what a weak retort, dont make me come back and check on the replies that i am notified of if it isnt going to be some jaw dropping shit. mmkay, thanks.

Logical
01-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Maybe we have a terminology issue here. If he has bought an age appropriate weapon for his son to learn with and not actually given him the gun. Then he only allows use under training and supervision of his own or another responsible adult then that is a different story. The impression he has handed over a weapon to a seven year old is what is ill advised. I am hoping it is the former and not the latter.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 03:02 AM
i notice you didn't address me calling you retarded.

thanks for pointing that out, since my iq barely clears 80 (which seems to be the standard), then i cant be considered retarded according to the government, although some in washington are trying to change that, lets cross our fingers.

|Zach|
01-21-2007, 03:03 AM
come on dude, what a weak retort, dont make me come back and check on the replies that i am notified of if it isnt going to be some jaw dropping shit. mmkay, thanks.
Could someone translate this for me? Reading this post out loud is pretty funny.

Bob Dole
01-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Maybe we have a terminology issue here. If he has bought an age appropriate weapon for his son to learn with and not actually given him the gun. Then he only allows use under training and supervision of his own or another responsible adult then that is a different story. The impression he has handed over a weapon to a seven year old is what is ill advised. I am hoping it is the former and not the latter.

If he really wanted to give the kid his own firearm, something manufactured by Daisy would probably have been more appropriate for a 7 year old.

Surely he's not stupid enough to just turn the little bugger loose on his own with it.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Could someone translate this for me? Reading this post out loud is pretty funny.

awesome, yes someone help him out please

HMc
01-21-2007, 03:06 AM
thanks for pointing that out, since my iq barely clears 80 (which seems to be the standard), then i cant be considered retarded according to the government, although some in washington are trying to change that, lets cross our fingers.

Wow. the standard is 100. well done though.

|Zach|
01-21-2007, 03:06 AM
Surely he's not stupid enough to just turn the little bugger loose on his own with it.
Don't ever assume anything Bobo.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Wow. the standard is 100. well done though.

no, the standard for being mentally retarded is 80 idiot, heh, but thanks for incorrectly correcting me.

HMc
01-21-2007, 03:09 AM
God i hope this is around for the morning crew

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 03:15 AM
God i hope this is around for the morning crew

Profound mental retardation Below 20
Severe mental retardation 2034
Moderate mental retardation 3549
Mild mental retardation 5069
Borderline mental retardation 7079

i looked it up for you billy, thought you may want to know for the next time you come to a battle of wits unarmed.......and on a side note, is the kangaroo ass any good down there? or is that just a stereotype?

Bob Dole
01-21-2007, 03:17 AM
On a related note: Phuqtard is IQ independent.

Bob Dole just felt like someone should point that out.

boogblaster
01-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Boog Jr. was taught to shoot at 7..he was responsible, even unloaded and cleaned after usage...

CHIEF4EVER
01-21-2007, 07:54 AM
My son got his first gun around 8 years old. He has never harmed anyone or wanted to. He is always safe with firearms. Of course, this had a lot to do with DAD teaching him properly at an early age.

Bwana
01-21-2007, 07:56 AM
He's not a dumbass if he trains the kid correctly.

And you're not a suburban pussy idiot so much as a total and complete tool and a victim of years of liberal media programming.

Yes, all guns are evil, and any child who is taught to shoot will grow up to be a murdering bastard serial killer. Never mind the fact that you can count these horrible shooting incidents on one hand, and that even on the most violent day in high school history, perhaps 99.99999% of all American high school children actually went to school and didn't get killed. Yep, sounds like the end of the world to me. God help us all. :whackit:

I suppose you think breathing in a whiff of cigarette smoke will instantly give you cancer, too.

Take a bow; you're Dan Rather's love child.

ROFL That is golden right there.

Good Post

rad
01-21-2007, 10:22 AM
When my son was 4 or 5, he took an interest to my gun cabinet. He asked if he could hold one, and I went over the rules with him (those who have taken the course are familiar with the 10 rules) and let him hold my .22 rifle. He asked me if it was loaded, and I said yes (it wasn't), and reminded him of rule #1. When he was 6, I got him a Daisy BB gun and keep it in my gun cabinet. He's not allowed to use it without me being there.

When he was 8, I got him a bow, which is stored in my gun cabinet. He has friends over on occasion that have bows, and they shoot in the backyard at a bag target, again while I or my wife are around.

He's 10 now and a couple months ago, I got him a Cricket .22, which he's not allowed to use without me, and stays locked in my gun cabinet.

I think it's safe to say he understands that guns are not toys, and I see no reason why a young boy who has an interest in firearms (and responsible parents) can't enjoy the right to target shoot and hunt. I think a young person who is equipped with a little knowledge on the subject will make better decisions later in life when situations arise that parents don't want their children involved in.

mlyonsd
01-21-2007, 10:26 AM
When my son was 4 or 5, he took an interest to my gun cabinet. He asked if he could hold one, and I went over the rules with him (those who have taken the course are familiar with the 10 rules) and let him hold my .22 rifle. He asked me if it was loaded, and I said yes (it wasn't), and reminded him of rule #1. When he was 6, I got him a Daisy BB gun and keep it in my gun cabinet. He's not allowed to use it without me being there.

When he was 8, I got him a bow, which is stored in my gun cabinet. He has friends over on occasion that have bows, and they shoot in the backyard at a bag target, again while I or my wife are around.

He's 10 now and a couple months ago, I got him a Cricket .22, which he's not allowed to use without me, and stays locked in my gun cabinet.

I think it's safe to say he understands that guns are not toys, and I see no reason why a young boy who has an interest in firearms (and responsible parents) can't enjoy the right to target shoot and hunt. I think a young person who is equipped with a little knowledge on the subject will make better decisions later in life when situations arise that parents don't want their children involved in.

This is a perfect example of how a good parent teaches their kids to respect guns. Nice job.

HMc
01-21-2007, 10:29 AM
i've never even seen a genuine gun. well, the cops carry em but i'm pretty sure i've never held one

alanm
01-21-2007, 10:36 AM
I was shooting around 7 or 8, but only 22's and I had to deer hunt with someone till I was 12. I had to use a 20 gauge with slugs till I learned just how far a bullet would travel and to check the background.

I didn't own a gun till my 15th birthday. Noway in hell I'd let my kid even fire a pistol at 7. Or own a 243.

The Dad is really rushing things and I hope he rethinks just how dangerous a toy he's setting his kid up with.
Your experience sounds a lot like mine. Me and the dogs used to scare up a lot of birds for my Dad and brothers. :)

Fairplay
01-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Have him bring the gun to school for show and tell.

Leave the clip in.

HMc
01-21-2007, 10:43 AM
look what daddy gave me mummy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Desert-Eagle-chrome-p1030142.jpg/800px-Desert-Eagle-chrome-p1030142.jpg

Phobia
01-21-2007, 10:43 AM
The only gun I've ever owned was an M16A2 and I wasn't given that until I was 18.

I don't have a problem with responsible parents teaching their kids gun safety and shooting skills at a young age.

ChiefButthurt
01-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Wow...I still contend that there should be test for anybody that plans to conceive children. If you fail this test, you should be spayed or neutered. Okay, okay, if you fail the same test twice.

I watched the video, I would guess that the child thinks he's playing a video game while shooting. He's sure that everyone will be alive to play the next game.

Mr. Plow
01-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I think some are missing the real point to this. They live in Arkansas. They have to kill to eat. He is just teaching this kid how to provide for the family.

crazycoffey
01-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I thought I was pushing the limit by getting my 8 year old a BB gun last year.

crazycoffey
01-21-2007, 10:54 AM
I think some are missing the real point to this. They live in Arkansas. They have to kill to eat. He is just teaching this kid how to provide for the family.

yeah and down there it's probably a pre wedding present too.

the kid is about marry his 6 year old cousin....

Ari Chi3fs
01-21-2007, 11:05 AM

oh man, that is wrong on so many levels, but funny, nonetheless.

Mr. Laz
01-21-2007, 11:29 AM
hopefully one day the kid will shoot his dad in the face with that gun.

some serious karma action going then

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 11:30 AM
oh man, that is wrong on so many levels, but funny, nonetheless.

so ari cheifs, i think i proved my point once again bro, heh, all this entire thing did was prove exactly what i told you last night, and that is golden. there are the feminized girly men of america such as yourself, and then there are the manly men of america such as me. even if you wanted to get your son a gun, your wife would beat you for even bringing up the idea. so next time you and your son have a father/son menstruation bonding ritual, me and the boy will be blasting some critters in the woods together, heh. go do some work on timecheeze chode.

Phobia

Dude, you have mental problems.

Ari Chi3fs

Hopefully one day your kid will shoot you in the face.

What kind of shit is that to say?

ChiefButthurt
01-21-2007, 11:34 AM

Ouch...sounds like you may get the bad karma.

freestater
01-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Wow. Some serious delusion going on in this thread. By the time my nephew was 10, he could completely field-strip a ruger mini-14, ak-47, a Mossberg 500series, and a Remington. Teaching youngsters proper respect and handling of firearms is absolutely fine. The dipshits who are talking about some kid tear-assin' around the neighborhood with his gun strapped to his bike are the ones that ought to be neutered. Somebody with a gun scare you one time, pussies? Let the kid learn, we'll need him to help shoot all the collectivist sheep.

Mr. Laz
01-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Dude, you have mental problems.
should fit right in around here then

Mr. Laz
01-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Ouch...sounds like you may get the bad karma.
I'm ready

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/6716/karmaguardshield5np.jpg

rad
01-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Wow. Some serious delusion going on in this thread. By the time my nephew was 10, he could completely field-strip a ruger mini-14, ak-47, a Mossberg 500series, and a Remington. Teaching youngsters proper respect and handling of firearms is absolutely fine. The dipshits who are talking about some kid tear-assin' around the neighborhood with his gun strapped to his bike are the ones that ought to be neutered. Somebody with a gun scare you one time, pussies? Let the kid learn, we'll need him to help shoot all the collectivist sheep.

It's my belief that a kid that tears ass through the neighborhood with a gun strapped to his bike 9 times out of 10 never handled a gun before in his/her life, or never was exposed to them and taught the rules by a mother or father.

freestater
01-21-2007, 11:58 AM
It's my belief that a kid that tears ass through the neighborhood with a gun strapped to his bike 9 times out of 10 never handled a gun before in his/her life, or never was exposed to them and taught the rules by a mother or father.
exactly. It's too bad that so many Americans nowadays have no respect or understanding for the rich tradition of firearms in this country. The only thing they know about guns is what a bunch of hollywood actors portray them as. They're completely seperated from reality.

trndobrd
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I got my first gun the day I was born. My Dad and my uncle had a bet on whether I would be a boy or a girl. So my uncle had to get me a .410/22 overunder. Some of my fondest memories as a child where when my Dad took me out to my Uncle's farm to go shooting.

Even though this was "my" gun. I did not get to touch it, look at it, or breathe on it unless my Dad got it out and closely supervised me. Same way with the single shot pellet gun my Dad got me when I was 6.

It is not a question of who "owns" the gun. It is a of the level of control and supervision the parent provides.

If he gives Billy the gun and lets the kid keep it under his bed, the guy is a dumbass. If he buys the kid a gun and keeps it secured in the gun cabinet with the other firearms (without giving Billy the combination) and closely supervises Billy when shooting, I think it's great for a father and son to spend time together.

freestater
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I got my first gun the day I was born. My Dad and my uncle had a bet on whether I would be a boy or a girl. So my uncle had to get me a .410/22 overunder. Some of my fondest memories as a child where when my Dad took me out to my Uncle's farm to go shooting.

Even though this was "my" gun. I did not get to touch it, look at it, or breathe on it unless my Dad got it out and closely supervised me. Same way with the single shot pellet gun my Dad got me when I was 6.

It is not a question of who "owns" the gun. It is a of the level of control and supervision the parent provides.

If he gives Billy the gun and lets the kid keep it under his bed, the guy is a dumbass. If he buys the kid a gun and keeps it secured in the gun cabinet with the other firearms (without giving Billy the combination) and closely supervises Billy when shooting, I think it's great for a father and son to spend time together.
Thank you.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 12:05 PM
i just want to say all you real men posting your support make me want to shed a tear. working with ari chiefs all day for so many years i had started to maybe think that the men of this country were taking estrogen supplements. you guys have started the restoration of my faith in this great country.

NewChief
01-21-2007, 12:43 PM

Pretty much mirrors my experience growing up and expresses my opinion about the original question.

morphius
01-21-2007, 12:47 PM
i just want to say all you real men posting your support make me want to shed a tear. working with ari chiefs all day for so many years i had started to maybe think that the men of this country were taking estrogen supplements. you guys have started the restoration of my faith in this great country.
Don't let his man boobs fool ya, he does like his internet porn...

NewChief
01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
but when my son wants to go shooting with me next time, and we see some squirrel or whatever moving

I hope you're not one of those people that just blasts away at any living critter they run across in the woods, just for the hell of it.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 01:42 PM
I hope you're not one of those people that just blasts away at any living critter they run across in the woods, just for the hell of it.

naw man, the gunshots from shooting worthless shit scares away the good shit. i guess crows are the only thing i shoot just for the hell of it................and good to see a fellow arkansan here, how bout them hawgs? :-(

Fairplay
01-21-2007, 01:46 PM
i just want to say all you real men posting your support make me want to shed a tear. working with ari chiefs all day for so many years i had started to maybe think that the men of this country were taking estrogen supplements.

We're shedding tears because you have to work with Ari chiefs.

NewChief
01-21-2007, 01:53 PM
naw man, the gunshots from shooting worthless shit scares away the good shit. i guess crows are the only thing i shoot just for the hell of it................and good to see a fellow arkansan here, how bout them hawgs? :-(

Gotcha.

As for the hawgs, I'm about fed up with it all. Looks like we'll be going back to three runs up the gut and a punt.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 01:55 PM
We're shedding tears because you have to work with Ari chiefs.

heh, well he is really good at the aesthetics shit, a perfect compliment to my angelic programming skills. hell i credit him with me learning so many languages so i guess i give alot of credit to him when it comes to my business success in my non-existent non-internet life. and in my real life, everyone thinks like me, all 100% logical manly men, good to have a feminine dreamer in the midst like ari chiefs to give the womens point of view.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Gotcha.

As for the hawgs, I'm about fed up with it all. Looks like we'll be going back to three runs up the gut and a punt.

well dude, i think after this season, (which was pretty good, got us all back excited right?), they will work with the quarterback nonstop to get his passing game going. that pussy mustain wasnt that good so good riddance, and malzahn was just a front man for nutt, so i think it will fall into place next year, at least i am hoping so..........

NewChief
01-21-2007, 02:04 PM
well dude, i think after this season, (which was pretty good, got us all back excited right?), they will work with the quarterback nonstop to get his passing game going. that pussy mustain wasnt that good so good riddance, and malzahn was just a front man for nutt, so i think it will fall into place next year, at least i am hoping so..........

I was just pretty excited about us eventually running Malzahn's offense. We'll see how it goes this season, though. Mustain wasn't as big of a loss, but Malzahn probably would have never gotten to implement the full hurry up, no huddle anyway. It's funny, though. Not sure if you follow the Chiefs, but the two organizations are a lot alike, imo. Broyles=Carl Peterson in so many ways. Great businessman. Great money guy. Bad football sense.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I was just pretty excited about us eventually running Malzahn's offense. We'll see how it goes this season, though. Mustain wasn't as big of a loss, but Malzahn probably would have never gotten to implement the full hurry up, no huddle anyway. It's funny, though. Not sure if you follow the Chiefs, but the two organizations are a lot alike, imo. Broyles=Carl Peterson in so many ways. Great businessman. Great money guy. Bad football sense.

no i dont, i am a california transplant so the raiders were my team, everyone is big into the cowboys here, but i have hated them since aikman/smith, but i am starting to get back into them with their bledsoe/parcells/owens crew. i cant ever like the chiefs because then i wouldnt be able to revel in ari chiefs misery when they lose.....

WilliamTheIrish
01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I've seen more kids injured and/or killed by parents being too stupid and lazy to strap them in car seats than I'll ever see from kids and firearms.

Proper introduction and training to firearms should start early. Those are the kids who are the most responsible firearm owners.

And Ari, why does your post and your co-workers post of this story conflict so much? Were you trying to skew the story?

WilliamTheIrish
01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
And for the record ari, you're a suburban citizen. Not a pussy or an idiot. You just haven't had experience with firearms. (I'm guessing)

Ari Chi3fs
01-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I've seen more kids injured and/or killed by parents being too stupid and lazy to strap them in car seats than I'll ever see from kids and firearms.

Proper introduction and training to firearms should start early. Those are the kids who are the most responsible firearm owners.

And Ari, why does your post and your co-workers post of this story conflict so much? Were you trying to skew the story?

He clarified his thoughts after I started the thread a bit. He didnt make it look all bright and rosy at first.

Since, its a kid sized gun... that is gonna be used with his supervision... the kid turns 8 in March... It makes it sound better.

When he first showed me the video, I thought he was a total ****ing idiot, although I have known him for over five years, so this had been confirmed long ago.

Excuse me for a second... I need to get my estrogen shot real quick. And get back to knitting.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 02:39 PM

i dont know if he was trying to skew the story as much as he was just ignorant to all the aspects of it, and let his imagination fill in the blanks. in his family, when he purchased a gun, it would probably be a big event, he would make numerous diary entries on the subject, and ask for everybodys approval in the decision he made. to me, it is no big thing, i was just excited my son took an interest yesterday and wanted to go with me instead of being scared. i came home, all giggly like a bitch, cuz my son was taking an interest in something else i did, we already tackled the fishing thing a couple summers ago. what i think is hilarious, is that i am a city slicker, being from southern california and all, and all my buddies make fun of me the way i am making fun of ari chiefs.

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
He clarified his thoughts after I started the thread a bit. He didnt make it look all bright and rosy at first.

Since, its a kid sized gun... that is gonna be used with his supervision... the kid turns 8 in March... It makes it sound better.

When he first showed me the video, I thought he was a total ****ing idiot, although I have known him for over five years, so this had been confirmed long ago.

Excuse me for a second... I need to get my estrogen shot real quick. And get back to knitting.

haha, youre a good sport homeboy, and yeah to be honest, i gave you just enough facts to enrage you, heh, and let your overly colorful imagination do the rest. come on man, you should know me by now.............

WilliamTheIrish
01-21-2007, 02:43 PM

heh. Don't be so tough on yourself, ari.

KCBOSS1
01-21-2007, 04:24 PM

I love how you just take a whole state and sum it up, as if you know....retard.

I Don't approve of this at all (either the boy getting a gun at 7 or this lame-brain comment)

Phobia
01-21-2007, 04:26 PM

It sure took you long enough to roll off your sister and post this.

KCBOSS1
01-21-2007, 04:27 PM
It sure took you long enough to roll off your sister and post this.

So I read a little slow....what of it?

PiMpALiZe
01-21-2007, 04:30 PM

I Don't approve of this at all (either the boy getting a gun at 7 or this lame-brain comment)

see, we have pansies here in arkansas too ari chiefs, so you are not alone....................