PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Piven on SNL tonight.

Ari Chi3fs
01-20-2007, 09:00 PM
FYI

scott free
01-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm looking forward to it, last week was good too, there werent any real stinkers that i can recall.

My all-time favorite show.

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm looking forward to it, last week was good too, there werent any real stinkers that i can recall.

My all-time favorite show.

1989-95 cast OWNED!!!!!!!!!

scott free
01-20-2007, 09:11 PM

Its hard to argue with that for sure, Hartman, Farley, Sandler, Spade, McDonald & on & on.

I love having been with it from day 1, i remember throwing MAJOR fits to get my way & stay up to watch the original cast.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I liked Piven a hell of a lot more before Entourage started and every poseur from the ages of 20-50 decided "OMFG teh Piven is the most balla shit EVAH!!"

Deberg_1990
01-20-2007, 09:16 PM

I agree....my all time fave period of SNL...

Hartman, Carvey, Meadows, Miller, Jackson, Lovitz, Nealon, Myers, Farley, Sandler, Rock, Spade, Scheinder,

So many great comedians....and the writing was top notch....

Immaculate
01-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Noyce!

Deberg_1990
01-20-2007, 09:19 PM
I liked Piven a hell of a lot more before Entourage started and every poseur from the ages of 20-50 decided "OMFG teh Piven is the most balla shit EVAH!!"

Yea me too......ive loved him all the way back since the late 80's and early 90's when no one knew who he was.

My all time fave of his was "Cupid" Too bad ABC never gave the show a chance in hell. The 15 episodes of it are classics....some of the best writing ive ever seen in a TV show...

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Noyce!

Case in point...:shake:

scott free
01-20-2007, 09:21 PM
I agree....my all time fave period of SNL...

Hartman, Carvey, Meadows, Miller, Jackson, Lovitz, Nealon, Myers, Farley, Sandler, Rock, Spade, Scheinder,

So many great comedians....and the writing was top notch....

I should be smacked with a shovel for forgetting Carvey.

Thig Lyfe
01-20-2007, 09:47 PM
That was the single greatest opening monologue ever. Fun to see something risky on a show that's been so devoid of risk for so many years.

DaKCMan AP
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Anyone know what techno/dance song that was for the "first person to ever dance" skit?

VonneMarie
01-20-2007, 10:00 PM
That first person to ever dance skit was funny as hell. ROFL

Thig Lyfe
01-20-2007, 10:31 PM
The Mike Vick bit on Weekend Update was GREAT!

Good show so far. I really hope SNL is on an upswing. The cast is too good for writing to continue kicking it in the sack.

crazycoffey
01-20-2007, 10:31 PM

Good show so far. I really hope SNL is on an upswing. The cast is too good for writing to continue kicking it in the sack.

yeah, "I know you're a running QB, but THROW the weed away"

crazycoffey
01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
see the picture of the guy stuck in a sack?

Simplex3
01-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Wow, the audio mixing for the band SUCKS.

Rausch
01-20-2007, 11:05 PM
****! Turned the channel just in time to see The Piven sign off and wish the Bears well. ****!

And I can't even begin to describe how much I hate this Emo $#it. It's like every band out now looks like the bastard child of The Cure and Flock of Seagulls...

scott free
01-20-2007, 11:07 PM
MacGruber!!! He's a friggin' genius...

PS - AFI sux the BIG one.

shaneo69
01-21-2007, 12:44 PM

Really!?!?

CoMoChief
01-21-2007, 12:46 PM
More Blizzardman baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ari Chi3fs
01-21-2007, 01:38 PM
This episode was pretty weak overall. Definitely hoping for more from this staff this week.

That First Man to Dance was hilarious... especially when he broke out the glow sticks.

Blizzardman was nice to see again. They REALLY!? Owned Michael Vick...

other than that... eh. not so much.

KCChiefsMan
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
ya the show will be as good as it's writing for the most part. Wasn't Larry David and Conan O'Brien both writers for SNL at one point?

CoMoChief
01-22-2007, 01:18 PM
ya the show will be as good as it's writing for the most part. Wasn't Larry David and Conan O'Brien both writers for SNL at one point?

I know Conan was, I never heard anything about Larry David being a writer for anyone else other than the Seinfeld show.

Anyways heres the new Blizzard Man clip. Enjoy. I hope they keep doing Blizzard Man. IMO Andy Sandberg is the only thing going on SNL. Blizzardman and Dick in a box with Justin Timberlake are classics. I can't stand the Weekend Update now, especially because I dont think women can be good comedians. Sarah Silverman is the only one who's ever made me laugh and only on a few occasions while being on some sort of green herbal substance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjYMb5HT-o

crazycoffey
01-22-2007, 03:48 PM
hug it out Biatch

jidar
01-22-2007, 03:59 PM
so it was the 85-95 cast that was good?

I remember during that time period my friends complaining that the show had gone downhill.

The grass is always greener I guess. Either that or people get old and think new stuff sucks.

Raiderhader
01-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Yea me too......ive loved him all the way back since the late 80's and early 90's when no one knew who he was.

My all time fave of his was "Cupid" Too bad ABC never gave the show a chance in hell. The 15 episodes of it are classics....some of the best writing ive ever seen in a TV show...

"Cupid" was great. Not really a show I would typically find myself watching, but Piven cracked me up.

Thig Lyfe
01-22-2007, 04:07 PM

Yes. Larry David was there for about a season but I don't think he ever got a sketch on the air.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2007, 04:09 PM
"Cupid" was great. Not really a show I would typically find myself watching, but Piven cracked me up.

Yea, he was awesume on that show and hilarious.....

The chemistry between him and smokin hot Paula Marshall was top notch. All the episodes are on youtube now:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ZiggyBecket&page=8

KcMizzou
01-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Yea, he was awesume on that show and hilarious.....

The chemistry between him and smokin hot Paula Marshall was top notch. All the episodes are on youtube now:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ZiggyBecket&page=8That was one of the few series where I caught the premeir and watched it all the way through. It was much better than it sounds.

Honestly, until I saw you mention it, I didnt think anyone else remembered it.

siberian khatru
01-22-2007, 04:23 PM
That was one of the few series where I caught the premeir and watched it all the way through. It was much better than it sounds.

Yeah, it sounds like a chick show. But I loved it. Mostly for Piven.

That and "Now and Again," the offbeat sci-fi/action/romance show with Dennis Haysbert, Eric Close and MILF Margaret Colin.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah, it sounds like a chick show. But I loved it. Mostly for Piven.

That and "Now and Again," the offbeat sci-fi/action/romance show with Dennis Haysbert, Eric Close and MILF Margaret Colin.

"Cupid" and "Now and Again" were two shows never given a chance and both could have been huge hits.

I dont watch many shows religiously, but when i see something quality ill watch...those two shows deserved better.

siberian khatru
01-22-2007, 04:29 PM
"Cupid" and "Now and Again" were two shows never given a chance and both could have been huge hits.

I dont watch many shows religiously, but when i see something quality ill watch...those two shows deserved better.

Those two shows were why I was late picking up "Arrested Development." I watched the first episode of "AD" and figured it was way too good and way too loopy to succeed, so I abandoned it rather than commit only to have it yanked out from under me like "Cupid" and "Now and Again."

I returned to "AD" only after a friend raved about it and lent me the Season 1 DVDs. Of course, shortly after I picked it up again, they cancelled it.

Sully
01-22-2007, 04:29 PM

I fuggin LOVED that show. Paula Marshall was hot as hell.
Of course, she was on some show last year, and she has lost all of her hotness.

In related news, I just bought the DVDs of the entire series, "Sports Night," and I can't wait to get to the episodes she was on.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2007, 04:31 PM
I fuggin LOVED that show. Paula Marshall was hot as hell.
Of course, she was on some show last year, and she has lost all of her hotness.

In related news, I just bought the DVDs of the entire series, "Sports Night," and I can't wait to get to the episodes she was on.

Yea, i havent seen Paula Marshall in anything lately?? Kind of curious as to what she looks like now....

siberian khatru
01-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Then there's a quirky show I watched religiously from the start -- "Ed" -- but then the writers couldn't figure out what to do with it and drove it straight into the ground. That time, it wasn't the network's fault.

Raiderhader
01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Then there's a quirky show I watched religiously from the start -- "Ed" -- but then the writers couldn't figure out what to do with it and drove it straight into the ground. That time, it wasn't the network's fault.

Yep, Ed was initially a fun show. Shame they weren't able to keep it up to par.