PDA

View Full Version : David Carr....do you want him?

Marco Polo
01-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Per Rotoworld:

Talk of a Jake Plummer-to-Houston trade is reportedly "heating up."
He'd reportedly be viewed as an immediate replacement for David Carr with the Texans, who are considered the favorites to get him. Tampa and Jacksonville are also mentioned as possible landing spots. Plummer and new Jags OC Dirk Koetter are considered mutual admirers.

I'd take a flyer on Carr.

the Talking Can
01-21-2007, 11:19 AM
wow...Houston fan's might as well kill themselves now

with the league's help, I'm sure Denver will get a 1st rounder for that piece of trash...

rad
The last thing this organization needs right now is to "take a flyer"

Adept Havelock
Carr? No thanks. I've had several years to watch how he handles being behind a weak O-Line.

Is Kubiak really dumb enough to trade for Jake the Fake? Well, he did take Mario Williams as the first pick overall... ROFL

Easy 6
01-21-2007, 11:26 AM
He had a chance to be very good, but i think his confidence has been shot to pieces. If Boselli had actually played for Houston, Carrs whole story would be totally different.

Without a decent O line like Plummet had in dinveer, he (plummet) will stink it up like rotten chicken.

Go ahead Tejans, mire yourselves in mediocrity for several more years.

jAZ
01-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Pass on Vince Young so that you can pay David Carr to backup Jake Plummer?

ROFL

the Talking Can
01-21-2007, 11:33 AM

ROFL

brilliant!

Hydrae
01-21-2007, 11:56 AM

ROFL

They signed Carr to an extension last off season rather than draft Vince. I doubt they would take the cap hit to release him in any fashion. I also doubt they would want to pay that much for a backup by getting Jake.

NaptownChief
01-21-2007, 12:12 PM

ROFL

Pass on Young, Leinart or Cutler to pay Carr to back up Plummer...Any of those three would have been smarter than this.

Sure-Oz
01-21-2007, 12:13 PM
I'd just wait till Plummer's cut if I were them. He isn't worth wasting a pick on.

Frankie
01-21-2007, 12:25 PM
I'd let him stay on the bench in Houston until his release is not a big cap hit. Then sign him. A change of venue might help his career. Ala Jim Plunkett. By then we will know what we have in Croyle too.

shaneo69
01-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Carr contract info from last year...

Texans exercise 'buy back' to keep Carr through '08
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

HONOLULU -- In a move that could augur the selection of Southern California tailback Reggie Bush as the first overall pick in the 2006 draft, league sources here for the Pro Bowl confirmed late Thursday that the Houston Texans have exercised a "buy back" clause in quarterback David Carr's contract, paying him an $8 million bonus to secure his services for three more seasons.

The Texans announced the extension Friday in a news release.

Retaining the four-year veteran quarterback, who would have become eligible for unrestricted free agency had the Texans not exercised the option, makes it highly unlikely that Houston will choose Texas quarterback Vince Young with the top pick in the draft April 29.

Under the terms of the complicated seven-year, $46.75 million contract Carr signed as a rookie, the final three seasons of the deal were voidable. Early in his career, Carr reached sufficient performance levels to cancel those three years, and technically, his contract would have expired on March 3, the first day of free agency.

But the Texans had the right to "buy back" the voidable years and had two options for doing so. The first would have involved paying Carr a bonus of $5.5 million to buy back two seasons, at base salaries of $5 million for 2006 and $5.25 million for 2007. The second, the deal for which Houston opted, included the $8 million bonus, which bought back three seasons, at base salaries of $5.25 million each in 2006 and 2007 and of $6 million in 2008.

At one point during the season, Houston officials considered the possibility of exercising the two-year option. The Texans also reviewed which NFL franchises might need a quarterback of starting caliber in the next few years, in the event they decided to trade Carr.

They have never come close, however, to putting Carr on the market.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

stevieray
01-21-2007, 12:57 PM
wow...Houston fan's might as well kill themselves now

with the league's help, I'm sure Denver will get a 1st rounder for that piece of trash...

oh, I'm sure that the Rat and Kubiak are still hand in hand, in fact , it wouldn't surprise me if this has been planned for awhile.

UteChief
01-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I would sign him for a moderate contract. I wouldn't trade any draft picks for him. The Chiefs have to many holes to fill.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2007, 01:22 PM
No, hes nothing special....If he hasnt blossemed by now, hes never going to do it. The last thing this organization needs is another "stopgap" QB

Easy 6
01-21-2007, 01:29 PM
No, hes nothing special....If he hasnt blossemed by now, hes never going to do it. The last thing this organization needs is another "stopgap" QB

I think he could have been special, but anyone going to Houston didnt have a chance. Manning, Palmer, anyone would look bad, thats one of the most poorly run franchises in pro sports.

Permanently bereft of any kind of talent, HORRIBLE personnel decisions from day 1.

crazycoffey
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm thinking capital N and capital NO

L.A. Chieffan
01-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Plummer and new Jags OC Dirk Koetter are considered mutual admirers.

:hmmm: Is there something about Jake we should know about?

KCChiefsFan88
01-21-2007, 03:47 PM
David Carr > Brodie Blundin-Barnes

milkman
01-21-2007, 03:56 PM

Yeah, that freakin Carr has just lit up the league, and you are the greatest talent evaluator ever, cause you know, without any real chance to make any evaluation, that Croyle is a bust.

Frankie
01-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Sorru dude. But this is an uninformed opinion. (1) because we still don't know how Croyle is gonna turn out, and (2) because the talents of Blundin, Barnes and another one (2nd rounder) whose name escapes me rotted on the bench thanks to Marty's stubbornness not to let them see any action even in games with outcome allready decided in the 4th quarter. Odds are at least one of them would have blossomed under a more forward thinking coach.