PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks add Jim Mora to coaching staff..

Joe Seahawk
01-21-2007, 11:28 AM
This kinda suprises me..
Jim Mora has reached agreement with the Seahawks to join their defensive staff as assistant head coach/secondary. These discussions apparently began Friday. Mora had been in the mix for the Dolphins' head-coaching vacancy, but Miami went with Cam Cameron.

I emphasized Mora's relationship with Hawks president Tim Ruskell in my analysis yesterday, but it appears Mike Holmgren was leading the way on this one. I get the sense from talking to people in the organization that Holmgren feels some added urgency heading into the final two years of his contract, particularly after coming so close to a second consecutive NFC title game. Mora and Holmgren worked out the details Saturday. The team confirmed the deal moments ago.

"I'm excited to have the opportunity to add someone to the staff with the energy and passion that Jim brings to the game," Holmgren said in a statement. " He is a strong teacher and talented coach who will make us better."

And from Mora: "I'm thrilled to join not only what I believe is a quality organization, but for
the chance to work with one of the finest head coaches in the league. That, coupled with the opportunity for my family to be in the great northwest is extremely exciting."

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/

FDS
01-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Daddy was right. Vick is a coach killer.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Woodrow Call
01-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey Joe do you think he will take over when Holmgren retires?

Fruit Ninja
01-21-2007, 11:55 AM
i would really like to have known what Mora and Mora jr said to one another behind close doors about Vick. I bet that would be a fun conversation to listen too. lol

Brock
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
That's Jim Mora Jr.

Thig Lyfe
01-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Seattle, WASHINGTON.

He was serious about taking Ty Willingham's job.

Joe Seahawk
01-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey Joe do you think he will take over when Holmgren retires?

The Seahawks haven't said that, but there sure is a lot of speculation about it.. It would make sense..

When I heard he got canned I thought about him coming here but figured there is no way he would accept a position coach job..

Have the Raiders found a HC yet? I'm suprised they didn't try to hire him, or maybe they did?

Frankie
01-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Have the Raiders found a HC yet? I'm suprised they didn't try to hire him, or maybe they did?
Sarkisian rejected their offer and stayed with USC! ROFL

UteChief
01-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Hey Joe, did you get my PM?

Joe Seahawk
01-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey Joe, did you get my PM?

Yeah, sorry UteChief.. try www.seahawks.net or www.seahawksal.com

If you find one like Chiefsplanet let me know... ;)

John_Locke
01-21-2007, 03:58 PM
playoffs...don't talk about playoffs