PDA

View Full Version : What do you use XP Media Center for?

Chiefs_Fan
01-22-2007, 08:21 AM
I just got a new PC with Windows XP media center on it. It has Viiv and a TV tuner. I didn't really buy it for those two options, more for the dual core, memory, graphics card and clearance price.

Any way I have it set up except for the viiv stuff. Clicked on it and wanted to ask a bunch of question to set up media center. Any negitives to doing this?

I have Direct TV with Tivos, so I really don't need the recording stuff. What else you use use media center for?

SLAG
01-22-2007, 09:11 AM
nothing

IMHO

its nothing but a even MORE bloated version of windows

Psyko Tek
01-27-2007, 06:36 PM
a coaster

the Talking Can
01-27-2007, 06:46 PM
nothing

listopencil
01-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I've got the Media Center version. It came with my E-Machines PC. I haven't noticed any substantial difference between it and my laptop other than certain things that are specific to the two types of computers involved.

Baby Lee
02-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't use it near as much, now that I have my Dishnet DVR. But the Media Center is a rock-solid DVR engine, as reliable as any TiVO.
I have an HDTV card, so I can record OTA HD with a single click.
You can also mount DVDs, music and photos on your HD and have pretty much all of your HT functionality run through your computer. All you need is an appropriate HD interface between your computer and TV and you can pull up any movie, TV show, song, or photo up on your TV with your MCE remote.