PDA

View Full Version : Raiders preparing to make run at Vick

cmh6476
01-22-2007, 09:49 AM
he'd fit it nicely with that organization IMO

The Raiders are preparing to make a run at Michael Vick, according to NFL sources. The Raiders package would include receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and the Falcons first round pick (10th overall).
-- foxsports.com

chagrin
01-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Sucks for Jim Mora, maybe with Shaub he'd have a chance in hell of winning, that is if he still had his job

cmh6476
01-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Sucks for Jim Mora, maybe with Shaub he'd have a chance in hell of winning, that is if he still had his job
jim mora does have a job

Jim Mora has reached agreement with the Seahawks to join their defensive staff as assistant head coach/secondary. These discussions apparently began Friday. Mora had been in the mix for the Dolphins' head-coaching vacancy, but Miami went with Cam Cameron.

I emphasized Mora's relationship with Hawks president Tim Ruskell in my analysis yesterday, but it appears Mike Holmgren was leading the way on this one. I get the sense from talking to people in the organization that Holmgren feels some added urgency heading into the final two years of his contract, particularly after coming so close to a second consecutive NFC title game. Mora and Holmgren worked out the details Saturday. The team confirmed the deal moments ago.

"I'm excited to have the opportunity to add someone to the staff with the energy and passion that Jim brings to the game," Holmgren said in a statement. " He is a strong teacher and talented coach who will make us better."

And from Mora: "I'm thrilled to join not only what I believe is a quality organization, but for
the chance to work with one of the finest head coaches in the league. That, coupled with the opportunity for my family to be in the great northwest is extremely exciting."

FringeNC
Vick in a Raiders uniform? Al Davis can print money. Imagine the merchandise sales.

Rooster
If I were the Falcons I would pull the trigger on that trade. Al Davis is getting really desperate.

scott free
Well, theres 1 less team to worry about in the AFCW for several more years.

DO IT AL, i DARE ya!!!

crazycoffey
01-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Fits in nicely with the trade king carl is about to announce;

we're trading LJ to Oakland for Aaron Brooks, Jerry Porter and a third rounder.

Bowser
01-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow. If that's a legit offer, I'd jump on it.

noa
01-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Why on earth would the Falcons want Randy Moss? They already have several unreliable receivers. It sounds like a good deal for the Raiders. They get a franchise QB without having to groom a rookie and they get rid of Moss and Porter, which seems like it was already one of their priorities.

Count Zarth
01-22-2007, 10:33 AM
NO!!! JERRY PORTER BELONGS IN KANSAS CITY!

King_Chief_Fan
01-22-2007, 11:33 AM
NO!!! JERRY PORTER BELONGS IN KANSAS CITY!

The ignorance that you continue to display is alarming.

Extra Point
01-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Good fit. They'd never win anything, so noone would be messin' wit' his cooler.

RedThat
01-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Wow...Thats a crazy trade.

I wouldn't make that trade if I were the Raiders. That's too much.

Dave Lane
01-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Isn't that called "Pass the Trash"? Vick for Moss... Classic

Dave

Cochise
01-22-2007, 12:06 PM
That would tremendously help the Falcons.

They are never going to succeed until the Vick pall is lifted from the organization.

58-4ever
01-22-2007, 12:10 PM
That would tremendously help the Falcons.

They are never going to succeed until the Vick pall is lifted from the organization.

I agree. Then, the question becomes who the Falcons would take with the first pick. Thomas, Branch, or one of the QBs. (not likely since they think so highly of Shaub.)

Cochise
01-22-2007, 12:22 PM
I agree. Then, the question becomes who the Falcons would take with the first pick. Thomas, Branch, or one of the QBs. (not likely since they think so highly of Shaub.)

The Raiders are essentially paying the Falcons to take Moss and Porter off their hands, because Vick hasn't shown he can beat good teams consistently as a QB. If he is good value for moving down from 1 to 10, he's not much more than that. IMO. Wouldn't it probably cost a team a second round pick to move up 10 slots to #1? It seems like that's what they are grading Vick out as.

If Oakland is going to trade the #1 pick overall, they should be getting a package of picks to help them fill holes, since they have about 50 on the roster. And if they want to unload Moss and Porter, they could maybe get a second and third for those two guys respectively in separate deals. Some teams might even give up a first for Moss still, who knows.

So if you think that they could pick up a second rounder to move down from 1 to 10, they could have something in the draft in neighborhood of the #10 pick overall, 2 (or maybe 3) picks in the 2nd round, 2 picks in the third round, have dumped a lot of salary weight and distraction weight so they could be aggressive in the free agent market.

But they'll trade all that for Vick. :rolleyes:

No wonder they are working on a nearly-uninterrupted 20 year run of futility.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Wow...the Raiders have to be absof*ckinglutely retarded to offer that much for Vick...

Cochise is right, you get a 2nd for Moss, a 3rd for Porter, and build for the future.

#1 Overall, 2 2nd's and 2 3rds could fill a hell of a lot of holes. Of course, if they were smart, they'd draft Thomas #1 and move Gallery's fat ass to RT where he can't inflict as much damage.

JBucc
01-22-2007, 12:37 PM
I'd do it in a second if I were the Falcons. I can't wait to face Vick twice a year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-22-2007, 12:40 PM
I'd do it in a second if I were the Falcons. I can't wait to face Vick twice a year.

If you're the Falcons, who do you take @ #1?? Personally, I'd go with Thomas, but I could see a definite argument for Branch.

CoMoChief
01-22-2007, 12:41 PM
So ATL WR's are gonna be Moss, Porter, Lelie, White? Does Peerless Price still play for ATL?

KCChiefsFan88
01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Who is going to FCK up their respective franchise worse... Carl Peterson or Al Davis.

cmh6476
01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
So ATL WR's are gonna be Moss, Porter, Lelie, White? Does Peerless Price still play for ATL?
hes back in Buf I believe

Mr. Laz
01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
it will cost Atlanta about 22 million in cap room to trade Vick .... i just don't see it happening.

Brock
01-22-2007, 01:21 PM
it will cost Atlanta about 22 million in cap room to trade Vick .... i just don't see it happening.

If you only have to take that hit one year, it might be worth it.

Basileus777
01-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I can't see how this is possible, the cap consequences for Atlanta would be enormous. Michael Vick's cap hit is 22 Million. The Falcons only have 12$ Million free.....

They wouldn't be able to afford trading Vick let alone take on Moss' salary and pay the #1 overall pick....

chagrin
01-22-2007, 01:27 PM
jim mora does have a job

I wrote HAD HIS JOB, meaning the Head Coaching position of the Atlanta Falcons

DJJasonp
01-22-2007, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE='Hummus' Jenkins]Wow...the Raiders have to be absof*ckinglutely retarded to offer that much for Vick...

QUOTE]

What exactly in your sentence do you find so hard to believe???

:)

dj56dt58
01-22-2007, 01:51 PM
wait..quick have Sims go rob a bank and shoot an old lady while shooting up heroin and offer him to the Raiders for that Porter, the draft pick, and that corner...whatever his name is

mikey23545
01-22-2007, 01:56 PM
It sounds like a good deal for the Raiders. They get a <b>franchise QB</b> without having to groom a rookie...

Are we talking about Michael Vick?

Buck
01-22-2007, 02:00 PM
YES!!!!!PLEASE RUIN BOTH FRANCHISES!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!

Chiefnj
01-22-2007, 02:09 PM
They don't even have a head coach yet, and they are supposedly trying to pull off a trade of this magnitude? I doubt it.

Brock
01-22-2007, 02:13 PM
I doubt any head coach of that team has any say whatsoever in personnel moves.

sedated
01-22-2007, 02:23 PM
the raiders continue to bail out other organizations for their f*ck-ups.

but, I wouldn't mind a few more 56-10's on the scoreboard

Chiefnj
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I doubt any head coach of that team has any say whatsoever in personnel moves.

Maybe, maybe not. Al may be old and half senile, but he's brought the Raiders to the Super Bowl within the last 5 years. He knows you don't go trading away the #1 pick in the draft plus two #1 WR's for an average QB; especially when you don't have a new head coach yet.

crazycoffey
01-22-2007, 03:19 PM
and we know vick doesn't make good passes, he'll be a raider next year

Adept Havelock
01-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Al may be old and half senile, but he's brought the Raiders to the Super Bowl within the last 5 years. He knows you don't go trading away the #1 pick in the draft plus two #1 WR's for an average QB; especially when you don't have a new head coach yet.

True, I also doubt he trades the #1 pick and two #1 receivers for a glorified scatback who happens to have a strong, but not terribly accurate, arm.

ROYC75
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
and we know vick doesn't make good passes, he'll be a raider next year

Hell, he couldn't even make a pass thru the airport security........