PDA

View Full Version : hotel near airport

bogie
01-30-2007, 12:10 PM
As Jesus is my Lord and Savior, I need your input on a clean, inexpensive hotel close to KC airport and rent-a-car returns. Any help would be appreciated. $50.00 to $75.00 a night? Oh by the way, this is for an Easter trip home and I will be attending a Methodist church with my Jewish daughter.
Love,
bogie

Fish
01-30-2007, 12:13 PM
A clean, inexpensive hotel close to KC airport and rent-a-car returns??

Yeah..... it's right there next to the cold-fusion generator store....

Redrum_69
01-30-2007, 12:18 PM
this has "locked thread" written all over it

bogie
01-30-2007, 12:20 PM
this has "locked thread" written all over it

No, no, no. Come on! It was an attempt at humor. I take it all back. I really am looking for a hotel close to the airport.

tyton75
01-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Probably not going to find anything cheap very close to the airport.. but I think there is like a Motel 6 around I-29 and Barry Road which would only be about 5-10min away from the airport

J Diddy
01-30-2007, 12:36 PM
No, no, no. Come on! It was an attempt at humor. I take it all back. I really am looking for a hotel close to the airport.

www.hotel.com (http://www.hotel.com), www.expedia.com (http://www.expedia.com)

HonestChieffan
01-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Marriott

bogie
01-30-2007, 01:07 PM
www.hotel.com (http://www.hotel.com), www.expedia.com (http://www.expedia.com)

Thanks, this is my second option.

J Diddy
01-30-2007, 01:08 PM

I always find better deals online

BigRedChief
01-30-2007, 01:10 PM
A clean, inexpensive hotel close to KC airport and rent-a-car returns??

Yeah..... it's right there next to the cold-fusion generator store....
You can stay at the Econo lodge for less than $50. It's a straight shot from the airport about 1/2 mile. Car rental return hotels are going to cost you at least $80 but probably closer to $100.

bogie
01-30-2007, 01:12 PM
You can stay at the Econo lodge for less than $50. It's a straight shot from the airport about 1/2 mile. Car rental return hotels are going to cost you at least $80 but probably closer to $100.

Thanks. This is exactly what I'm looking for. I will return the car myself.

Smed1065
01-30-2007, 01:16 PM

I found out you do 'NOT' want to rent a car around KCI because of the fees.

I rented a Nitro in Independence for $16 a day compared to $42 at KCI.

Fish
01-30-2007, 01:30 PM

There really is a cold-fusion generator store? :)

I gotta quit being such a smart ass.....

bogie
01-30-2007, 02:58 PM
I found out you do 'NOT' want to rent a car around KCI because of the fees.

I rented a Nitro in Independence for $16 a day compared to $42 at KCI.

How far is that from the airport?

Smed1065
01-30-2007, 03:09 PM
25 miles I imagine. My family is good for something.

From what I hear CP is in charge of the airport taxes.

I got my deal and it was suppose to be a "compact" car. I checked online and they upgraded me when I mentioned other rates from competitors. The first time I have used Hertz.

American Express insurance is $30 (if signed up and charge on their card)

It is not dependent on length of rental up to 30 days at a time with each rental with no deductible or days of rental (also covers loss of use).

Great deal because there is no charge against your insurance company if a claim has to be made.

Faultless.

Insurance is $30 bucks for each rental on AE up to 30 days.

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2007, 04:06 PM
There is an Amerisuites that I stayed in last year for $40.

Much better than Days Inn, Super 8, Motel 6, Econo Lodge, IMO.

http://www.amerisuites.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=4029

bogie
01-30-2007, 04:37 PM
25 miles I imagine. My family is good for something.

From what I hear CP is in charge of the airport taxes.

I got my deal and it was suppose to be a "compact" car. I checked online and they upgraded me when I mentioned other rates from competitors. The first time I have used Hertz.

American Express insurance is $30 (if signed up and charge on their card)

It is not dependent on length of rental up to 30 days at a time with each rental with no deductible or days of rental (also covers loss of use).

Great deal because there is no charge against your insurance company if a claim has to be made.

Faultless.

Insurance is $30 bucks for each rental on AE up to 30 days.

Good if you're local. I have to get to and from the airport though.

Smed1065
01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Good if you're local. I have to get to and from the airport though.

Oh, I am loco but I live in Atlanta.

I actually went online and found the price differences between the the two. I started to get a rental car upon arriving but KCI cars were to much for my cheap old butt at the airport. (everyone told me it was a tax of some sort)

I would think it would be very possible to save money by getting away from the airport (taxi) depending on how long you are needing the car. Check it out online like I did.

When I decided to get a rental car, I then called around and got the best deal by knowing the going rates in the area and told them I had a better offer from the competition. Enterprise/Hertz/ and a local place (forgot the name)?

I was actually surprised because it was a holiday week but it worked. I spent around $160 with fees and taxes for a rental car for 8 days besides gas and the insurance.