PDA

View Full Version : become an ordained minister

bushmaster
01-30-2007, 10:04 PM
almost instantly. start a church, marry folks, bury folks.

http://www.themonastery.org/

Reaper16
01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
It's legal, and it works. I certainly have been ordained via Universal Life Church for many years. I know people who have been married by ULC ministers.

bushmaster
01-30-2007, 10:18 PM
i'm going on my 2nd year.

BWillie
01-30-2007, 10:21 PM
I almost had my friend do this so I could get out of a housing contract. I was a sophomore at the University of Iowa, and I didn't know you had to tell them by a certain date that you didn't want to live in the dorms your second year. Well, I told them two days late, and they wouldn't let me out of my contract so I had TWO housing contracts. I would of been financially screwed. So basically, I read the contract and if you got married it opts you out of the housing contract. I was literally planning on having one of my buddies get ordained online, and then marry me to some chick, then we would get divorced after it voided my housing contract. Luckily they let me out of it, I seriously would of done it though

BWillie
01-30-2007, 10:22 PM
By the way, I'm changing my sig right now, thanks for whoever gave it back to me. It won't be that big very long, one second.

bushmaster
01-30-2007, 10:23 PM
I'll almost had my friend to this so I could get out of a housing contract. I was a sophomore at the University of Iowa, and I didn't know you had to tell them by a certain date that you didn't want to live in the dorms your second year. Well, I told them two days late, and they wouldn't let me out of my contract so I had TWO housing contracts. I would of been financially screwed. So basically, I read the contract and if you got married it opts you out of the housing contract. I was literally planning on having one of my buddies get ordained online, and then marry me to some chick, then we would get divorced after it voided my housing contract. Luckily they let me out of it, I seriously would of done it though

holy smokes.

Reaper16
01-30-2007, 10:33 PM
I almost had my friend do this so I could get out of a housing contract. I was a sophomore at the University of Iowa, and I didn't know you had to tell them by a certain date that you didn't want to live in the dorms your second year. Well, I told them two days late, and they wouldn't let me out of my contract so I had TWO housing contracts. I would of been financially screwed. So basically, I read the contract and if you got married it opts you out of the housing contract. I was literally planning on having one of my buddies get ordained online, and then marry me to some chick, then we would get divorced after it voided my housing contract. Luckily they let me out of it, I seriously would of done it though
That's dedication.

BWillie
01-30-2007, 10:39 PM
That's dedication.

Yeah, it would of been like 2500 a month if I didn't. It's alot cheaper to get married for like 50 dollars or something, the divorce is what gets ya. I read up on it, and it's like 700-800 bucks or some shit isn't it? I now know why guys say, ah screw it. I'll just cheat on her.

listopencil
01-31-2007, 02:00 AM
I've been ordained since the Spring of 2000.

kepp
01-31-2007, 07:52 AM
That's dedication.
That's not really the word I was thinking of.

Fire Me Boy!
01-31-2007, 09:04 AM
For $30 you can get your Dr. of Divinity. Or Dr. of Metaphysics....

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Fire Me Boy!
01-31-2007, 09:05 AM
For $10, I can be a Wizard!!!

Or any one of these: http://www.themonastery.org/catalog/receiveareligioustitle-p-65.html

listopencil
01-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Abbe , Abbess, Abbot, Ananda, Angel, Apostle of Humility, Apostolic Scribe, Arch Deacon, Arch Priest, Archbishop, Arch cardinal, Ascetic Gnostic, Bible Historian, Bishop, Brahman, Brother, Canon, Cantor, Cardinal, Channel, Chaplain, Colonel, Cure', Deacon, Dervish, Directress, Disciple, Druid, Elder, Emissary, Evangelist, Faith Healer, Father, Field Missionary, Flying Missionary, Free Thinker, Friar, Goddess, Guru, Hadji, Healing Minister, High Priest, High Priestess, Imam, Lama, Lay Sister, Magus, Martyr, Messenger, Matriarch, Metropolitan, Minister of Music, Minister of Peace, Missionary, Missionary Doctor , Missionary Healer, Missionary of Music, Missionary Priest, Monk, Monsignor, Most Reverend, Christian Mother Superior, Mystical Philosopher, Orthodox Monk, Parochial Educator, Pastor General, Pastoral Counselor, Patriarch, Peace Counselor, Preacher, Preceptor, Priest, Priestess, Prophet, Psychic Healer, Rabbi, Rector, Religious Preacher, Revelator, Reverend, Reverend Father, Reverend Mother, Right Reverend, Saintly Healer, Scribe, Seer, Shaman, Sister, Soul Therapist, Spiritual Counselor, Spiritual Healer, Spiritual Warrior, Starets, Swami, Teller, Thanatologist, The Very Esteemed, Universal Rabbi, Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality, Universal Religious Philosopher, Vicar, Wizard.

Fire Me Boy!
01-31-2007, 11:59 AM
I might become The Very Esteemed Fire Me Boy!.

Or Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality Fire Me Boy!.

Of course, Wizard Fire Me Boy! looks good, too.

Maybe I'll send 'em $20 for The Very Esteemed Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality Fire Me Boy!.