PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating Banned at the Super Bowl

Oucho Cinco
01-30-2007, 11:07 PM
The No Fun League strikes again!

MIAMI Die-hard Super Bowl fans have to face the big game this year without one of football's favorite pastimes: Tailgating.

The revered pre-game ritual has been banned within a one-mile radius of Dolphin Stadium on Sunday before the Indianapolis Colts square off with the Chicago Bears, reported Miami's CBS 4 News.

"There is no tailgating allowed in the Dolphin Stadium parking lots," Sue Jaquez, a member of the Super Bowl XLI Host Committee, confirmed to CBS 4 News. "And there is no tailgating anywhere within a one-mile radius of the stadium and there are no RVs allowed."

A team official however, said tailgating is allowed during regular games for Miami Dolphins fans, and will also be allowed at the Super Bowl. But Jaquez said that official was seriously misinformed.

Tailgating is a common practice where fans typically park their vehicles in or near the stadium parking lot, basically holding pre-game parties that usually include food, drinks and music.

The Dolphins do not organize and oversee the Super Bowl, Jaquez said. Those duties belong to NFL officials, and due to security reasons, no pre-game partying on (or within a mile of) the premises will take place.

Any fans seen tailgating could face charges, Jaquez added.

"This is part of the NFL, not the Dolphins," she said. "If the Dolphins are saying there's tailgating or think it's going to be allowed then they need to contact the NFL."

The no-tailgating rule was confirmed by Detective Nelda Fonticella of the Miami-Dade Police.

If caught grilling food or drinking alcohol within the one-mile radius of the stadium, fans "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave," Fonticella said.

My opinion might be that someone has watched Tom Clancy's movie "The Sum of All Fears"!

Coach
01-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Somebody needs to get on the goddamn phone, and call up the f**ksticks of the NFL, and tell them that they are taking away the favorate pastime of the NFL.

dj56dt58
01-30-2007, 11:14 PM
WHAT THE ****? Are these people ****in stupid? Someone please take over the NFL before these dumb****s destsroy it

morphius
01-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, the superbowl isn't about the fans, it is about the vendors, the advertisers and all the damn famous people who couldn't name more then 3 players on both teams that get to sit on their hands and be "seen".

Halfcan
01-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Tailgating is a common practice where fans typically park their vehicles in or near the stadium parking lot, basically holding pre-game parties that usually include food, drinks and music.

Is there really a dumbf#ck out there that does not know what tailgating means??

This article is as stoopid as not letting the fans have fun.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Tailgating has been banned at the Super Bowl since 01

Halfcan
01-31-2007, 12:17 AM
We should all go to Arrowhead and Tailgate for the SB.

picasso
01-31-2007, 01:34 AM
Blame your damn president for this crap and that axis of evil.

SPchief
01-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Blame your damn president for this crap and that axis of evil.

Yeah, its all Bushs' fault. Bush is da debil.

Retard.

ChiefsFanInIndy
01-31-2007, 05:07 AM
Tailgating has been banned at the Super Bowl since 01

When the SB was in San Diego for the Tampa Bay/Raiders game they didn't even allow parking for the genreal public in their 18k car parking lot.

It was completely taken up by corp party tents and VIP parking. Limos and shuttles were allowed to come through and drop people off. But that was it.

The Super Bowl has long since stopped being about the regular fan like you and me. One major reason I was glad the people of Jackson County weren't sucked in by the dog and pony show put on by the Chiefs and the NFL in hopes of getting the rolling roof passed.

MichaelH
01-31-2007, 05:56 AM
The Superbowl has become another high profile Hollywood and Madison Avenue event. I read an article two weeks ago about the Conference championship games saying that this was the real fans Superbowl. I couldn't agree more. I will watch it from my house and pay no attention to all the hype.

Chiefs_Fan
01-31-2007, 07:09 AM
That's it! I'm not going to the game if I can't tailgate!

Mile High Mania
01-31-2007, 07:09 AM
How many actual 'fans' are at the Super Bowl in a given year? I'm talking about people that buy tickets, not friends or guests of those with luxury boxes... corporate sponsors, etc.

I doubt there's much really being missed here... sure there are some rabid fans that actually attend the game, but they're not exactly tailgate material.

Cochise
01-31-2007, 09:44 AM
When the SB was in San Diego for the Tampa Bay/Raiders game they didn't even allow parking for the genreal public in their 18k car parking lot.

It was completely taken up by corp party tents and VIP parking. Limos and shuttles were allowed to come through and drop people off. But that was it.

The Super Bowl has long since stopped being about the regular fan like you and me. One major reason I was glad the people of Jackson County weren't sucked in by the dog and pony show put on by the Chiefs and the NFL in hopes of getting the rolling roof passed.

I didn't understand the draw of that either. Nobody who lives here would actually get to go. All we would have gotten was a hokey looking trash bag over our football stadium.

Bowser
01-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Looks like someone in the NFL offices are watching 24.