PDA

View Full Version : Royals get new Computerized Coaches!

tyton75
01-31-2007, 01:03 PM
j/k.. but this info still has me kinda scratching my head

Royals | Team to upgrade computerized coaching system
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 00:12:31 -0800

The Kansas City Star's Deann Smith reports the Kansas City Royals plan to install a new control room, hardware and software for monitoring pitchers and hitters during ballgames, at a cost of $900,000. The team expects taxpayers to foot the bill as part of the $250 million overhaul of Kauffman Stadium. The system would keep track of pitchers and the pitches they throw, how hitters are at the plate and how fielders react to ground and fly balls, among other things.

noa
01-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Print 'em

CoMoChief
01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Thats retarded.

**** it dude, let's go bowling.

Stewie
01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Shouldn't Sweeney pay for this? We should get something for his $11 million salary.

acesn8s
01-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Is this what it takes for them to understand that Berroa can't play? Why not just hand the spectators a hand held voting system?

Ari Chi3fs
01-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Thats retarded.

**** it dude, let's go bowling.

Its not retarded at all. Its called Moneyball. Read the book by Michael Lewis and you will understand

Sabermetrics baby. Sabermetrics. Its why the A's own.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-31-2007, 02:27 PM
What ever tools we can use to get better I'm all for... especially since I don't live in KC and don't have to help pay for it.

:)

tk13
01-31-2007, 02:33 PM
The controversy about this was apparently over using the renovation money, since this equipment is not technically to improve to the K and gameday experience for the fans.

Although really, if it helps the team scout the opponent better, it'll make the gameday experience a lot better when we're winning ballgames. I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it's not my money.

This is the kind of stuff the a lot of teams have though. For instance, every time Pujols has an at-bat, he usually goes into the clubhouse to watch it on film, see the sequence of pitches, what the pitcher is throwing, etc. So he can make adjustments his next AB. And like it was mentioned, the A's have extensive video scouting... I was surprised to find out we don't have much of anything like that.