PDA

View Full Version : Your feedback wanted about this show.

Frankie
01-31-2007, 01:07 PM
I so miss the days of crime investigation shows like Kojack, Mannix, Hawaii 5-0, Rockford Files, Wise Guy, et al. They all seemed to have their own identity. Yes, today's such shows are perhaps more realistic than most of those. But there seems to be a thousand cookie-cutter shows on the air, unrecognizable from one another. That's why I have given them up. However, I accidentally watched most of a recent episode of Crossing Jordan and I found it interesting. What do you all think? Do you recomend it?

tyton75
01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Bring back Spencer for Hire!!!

penguinz
01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Bring back Hunter!

ndbbm
01-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Banacek, wtf.

Chief Chief
01-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Bring back Fame!

HonestChieffan
01-31-2007, 01:31 PM
Spencer rocked

jspchief
01-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Rockford Files

Now that was television.

ndbbm
01-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Simon and Simon?

penguinz
01-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Bring back Hardball!

Stewie
01-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Barnaby Jones!

Frankie
01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Eh,... Crossing Jordan?

Lzen
01-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Wife has watched Crossing Jordan for a few years now. I would catch her watching and I started getting a little interested. It is an okay show. Not a show that I couldn't live without, but okay.

crazycoffey
01-31-2007, 02:40 PM
I so miss the days of crime investigation shows like Kojack, Mannix, Hawaii 5-0, Rockford Files, Wise Guy, et al. They all seemed to have their own identity. Yes, today's such shows are perhaps more realistic than most of those. But there seems to be a thousand cookie-cutter shows on the air, unrecognizable from one another. That's why I have given them up. However, I accidentally watched most of a recent episode of Crossing Jordan and I found it interesting. What do you all think? Do you recomend it?

magnum PI, cool cars, hot chicks and crime investigation.

El Jefe
01-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah Magnum PI gotta love that show, and his high shorts lol.

crazycoffey
01-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah Magnum PI gotta love that show, and his high shorts lol.

hell no, if we bring back any old show we must revamp the wardrobe and script lines to connect to today's day and age.

so he would wear men capri's and just got out of Iraq.
not much of a plus, but the girls will be wearing even smaller bikini's, that's big upside.

DJJasonp
01-31-2007, 02:50 PM
If you're going to fight crime and injustice....and if you can find them....nothing beats the A-Team!

I also enjoyed Riptide.

Baby Lee
01-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Edit: WTF!!! I've been under the impression all this time that Leslie Bibb was Maggie Grace.

keg in kc
01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
I've never seen crossing Jordan, but for crime drama, I'm a big fan of The Wire on HBO. There was a show on BBC America during the fall called Life on Mars (going to be remade on ABC for the fall season) that was good, too - different kind of show, a current-day cop gets hit by a car and wakes up in the early 1970's. The ongoing question was whether it was "real" or whether he was experiencing a coma dream. Cool show. Big fan of The Shield on FX, too.

morphius
01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Wife has watched Crossing Jordan for a few years now. I would catch her watching and I started getting a little interested. It is an okay show. Not a show that I couldn't live without, but okay.
Yeah, I have caught it a few times, decent show. Don't go out of my way to watch it, but I do tend to enjoy it.

Baby Lee
01-31-2007, 03:16 PM
However, I accidentally watched most of a recent episode of Crossing Jordan and I found it interesting. What do you all think? Do you recomend it?
I'd say it depends on your take on Jordan herself.
What 'sets the show apart' is that Jordan's character is this push the envelope medical examiner who gets too close to the subjects and bends the rules to pursue her hunches.
She's also had a ton of wacky fatal hijinks erupt around her to drive the stories and explain her intense drive to remain involved.
If I had to characterize it concisely, it'd use the terms earnest, emotional and uneven. It's on my regular watch list, but not a fanatical member, more of a 'meh! what could it hurt' viewing experience.

Also, the writer is Tim Kring, notable for predecessor Providence, and current project Heroes.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Crossing Jordan is boring

I am personally a big fan of Law & Order SVU - great acting, great storylines

Without a Trace is another underrated show as well