PDA

View Full Version : I got one of the Greatest SuperBowl Commercials EVER on CBS

TinyEvel
01-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Friday night on CBS there's gonna be a show called "THE SUPERBOWL'S GREATEST COMMERCIALS" at 9pm PST/EST.

I just found out that a California Cheese "Happy Cows" spot I wrote will be featured.

It ran during the game in 2004. In it, cows are in the field and the sprinklers come on, one cow goes into the spray and takes a "shower" in slow motion as "Lady" from STYX plays. Cut to the end as two bulls have been watching, "schwing!"

Sure, it's no Mean Joe Green giving his jersey to a kid, but if you like Superbowl ads, keep an eye out for it.

PBJ

Sully
01-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Congratulations.

Fish
01-31-2007, 02:44 PM
STYX rules!

DMAC
01-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah? Well....I didnt have to pay 3 million for my 3 bedroom house! HA!!

StcChief
01-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Congrats, so bonus award for you ?

Fairplay
01-31-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't want to watch a show that is nothing but commercials.

RJ
01-31-2007, 03:11 PM
That is very cool, you should be proud.

Nzoner
01-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Congrats,I remember the spot well.

crazycoffey
01-31-2007, 03:20 PM
sweet!!!!

Bill Parcells
01-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Good for you Tiny!

TinyEvel
01-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Congrats, so bonus award for you ?

No, I wish.

I think bragging rights is all that you get. That's good for about a week. I actually had three spots on that Game. Like, an unbelievable achievement. I was hoping to get one on the Superbowl, once in my career. Then I had three in one game, for three different clients.
But Monday morning, it was back to the grind.

It taught me: Don't base your personal or career success on one thing. It's the way you do things and carry yourself that are more important. Take care of that, and the "milestones" will follow naturally.

Carlota69
01-31-2007, 03:46 PM
No, I wish.

I think bragging rights is all that you get. That's good for about a week. I actually had three spots on that Game. Like, an unbelievable achievement. I was hoping to get one on the Superbowl, once in my career. Then I had three in one game, for three different clients.
But Monday morning, it was back to the grind.

It taught me: Don't base your personal or career success on one thing. It's the way you do things and carry yourself that are more important. Take care of that, and the "milestones" will follow naturally.

First, congrats! Next, what were the other 2?

Baby Lee
01-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Sure, it's no Mean Joe Green giving his jersey to a kid, but if you like Superbowl ads, keep an eye out for it.
Here's a obscure piece of trivia.
Can anyone recall a sketch show, probably in the early 80s, possibly mid-80s, where it was just a random collection of short gags. Shorter in form than Monty Python, but in the same vein. On prime time network TV.

And the sketch that stands out was a parody of the Mean Joe Green commercial, where it was a Japanese kid chatting up his favorite Sumo wrestler after the match, gives the wrestler some Japanese soda, and as the wrestler heads for the showers, he turns back and tosses the kid his 'game diaper' like Joe did with his Jersey.

TinyEvel
01-31-2007, 04:08 PM
First, congrats! Next, what were the other 2?

Thanks. Well, since you asked...

Expedia "Magique"... a husband is looking for tickets while booking their NY trip. Wife suggests "Magique" Husband imagines a "Cirque" type show and they pull him up on stage and get him nude and paint a face on his belly and he's a laughing stock.
He comes out of the daydream and suggests something else.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jiN-bf18sfI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jiN-bf18sfI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The other one was Mitsubishi "SeeWhatHappens.com"

A Galant and Camry head side-by-side down a freeway behind two trucks. They start chucking things out of the trucks at the cars. The Galant handles better (this was to demonstrate a hyped-up real-world re-enactment of a track test)

Finally, two junked Nissans come rolling out of the trucks and the spot ends. you had to go to seewhathappens.com to see the end.

<embed width="448" height="365" src="http://www.ifilm.com/efp" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="flvbaseclip=2532933&"> </embed>

That was a fun one to shoot. We were able to get it on the game last-minute and we rushed to shoot it the weekend before the game. Six days until the game and we're on a shut-down L.A. freeway blowing up cars and flipping them over. Everyone involved made some magic happen on that one. Including someone who took a redeye to New York on Friday night to personally deliver the tape to CBS.

Again, in the whole scheme of Superbowl ads, not in the hall of fame, but honored to even have had the opportunity.

TinyEvel
01-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Can anyone recall a sketch show, probably in the early 80s, possibly mid-80s, where it was just a random collection of short gags. Shorter in form than Monty Python, but in the same vein. On prime time network TV.

Fridays?

Zebedee DuBois
01-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Congratulations, tineyevil, sir. You've won this round.

I will bolster my efforts to prevent you and your nefarious employers from seperating me and my money.

Phobia
01-31-2007, 04:31 PM
That's a pretty spectacular accomplishment. You must be legendary in your industry.

oaklandhater
01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
what do you do for a liveing tiny?

Baby Lee
01-31-2007, 05:08 PM
what do you do for a liveing tiny?
I'm gonna guess he's in advertiseing.

ROFL

Priest4Prez
01-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Cool, you should be proud. 3 commercials in one year is pretty sweet. Gives me a reason to watch another relatively boring super bowl with kick ass commercials

Deberg_1990
01-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Awesume! Congrats! Just as long as you didnt have anything to do with that "Christopher Reeves walks" commercial......that one creeped me out!

Adept Havelock
01-31-2007, 05:15 PM

And the sketch that stands out was a parody of the Mean Joe Green commercial, where it was a Japanese kid chatting up his favorite Sumo wrestler after the match, gives the wrestler some Japanese soda, and as the wrestler heads for the showers, he turns back and tosses the kid his 'game diaper' like Joe did with his Jersey.

Was it the very short-lived Michael Nesmith's "TV Parts"?

stumppy
01-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Way to go TE. I remember that one and the Magique one too.

TinyEvel
01-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Awesume! Congrats! Just as long as you didnt have anything to do with that "Christopher Reeves walks" commercial......that one creeped me out!

UGH! I remember that one, during the Rams/Titans game if I recall. Creeped me the f* out, too.

Buck
01-31-2007, 05:41 PM
UGH! I remember that one, during the Rams/Titans game if I recall. Creeped me the f* out, too.

Okay, spare me some re-reading, do you have any commercials slated for this year?

Thig Lyfe
01-31-2007, 05:46 PM
That's awesome. You're like... successful and stuff.

bogie
01-31-2007, 05:47 PM
I remember both these. Great stuff. Congratulations! Do you shoot in HD? So you write and go out in field to shoot? Wow, you are a busy man. Do you sit in on post as well?

Joe Seahawk
01-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Okay, spare me some re-reading, do you have any commercials slated for this year?

Not if he keeps dicking around on Chiefsplanet.. :)

J/K Congrats TinyEvel and good luck on this years commercials.

milkman
01-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Tiny Evel is living proof that you don't have to be smart to be in advertising.

J/K

Congrats Tiny.
Nice work.

Deberg_1990
01-31-2007, 08:06 PM
The other one was Mitsubishi "SeeWhatHappens.com"

A Galant and Camry head side-by-side down a freeway behind two trucks. They start chucking things out of the trucks at the cars. The Galant handles better (this was to demonstrate a hyped-up real-world re-enactment of a track test)

Finally, two junked Nissans come rolling out of the trucks and the spot ends. you had to go to seewhathappens.com to see the end.

That was an awsume commercial Tiny! Loved it.

Better than a Michael Bay flick! hahahah

Archie F. Swin
01-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Great spots!

How long have you been producing commercials? Did you go to college for marketing or mass comm?

Psyko Tek
01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Evel,
So WTF DID Happen next?

I never got around to looking it up
but I loved the commercial
SWEET

Frazod
01-31-2007, 09:24 PM
I still like Mighty Wingman the best, but that's really cool.

Congratulations. You do excellent work. :thumb:

Ultra Peanut
01-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks. Well, since you asked...

Expedia "Magique"... a husband is looking for tickets while booking their NY trip. Wife suggests "Magique" Husband imagines a "Cirque" type show and they pull him up on stage and get him nude and paint a face on his belly and he's a laughing stock.
He comes out of the daydream and suggests something else.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jiN-bf18sfI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jiN-bf18sfI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>Holy crap, I've seen this commercial a bajillion times.

That's awesome.