PDA

View Full Version : Post your disproportionately irrational worries here.

Rain Man
01-31-2007, 07:39 PM
Thread rules: None, really.

If something worries you more than it worries the average person, feel free to post it here so that the caring, supportive Chiefsplanet community can comfort you.

I'll start.

I have two worries related to my health club.

First, I go into the health club and change into my gym rat gear. For some reason, I always have to stop and mentally check to be sure that I'm in the locker room before removing my pants, as opposed to absentmindedly wandering up to the weights area. I occasionally get lost in thought and go on autopilot, and it would be very embarrassing to start removing my clothes in a public area.

Related to that, when I go to the locker room at my health club, they always have the TV showing basketball. I never watch basketball. Ever. So I listen to basketball commentating while I take off my clothes. I have a small worry that at some point I'll get trained in a Pavlovian way to take off my pants whenever I hear a basketball game being announced. That too could cause me problems in public.

I also worry that, when I get a haircut, I'll have a big zit on the back of my head or something that will gross out the haircut lady, and she'll tell other haircut people about it, and every time I go in, they'll snicker and refer to me as "the head zit guy".

Jenson71
01-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Not so much a worry, but whenever I'm near the edge of a tall height or long fall, I always think about plunging myself off the edge to my sure death below.

Simply Red
01-31-2007, 07:47 PM
I go to a barber where a russian girl and an older guy from Turkey cut hair. I've only been a regular there for about 3 months. The Turkey guy is a freaking genious at haircuts. I started off going to the Russian girl. One day she was at lunch and I decided to try this guy and he is leaps and bounds better than the girl. So I guess I'm worried I'll hurt the little girls feelings, next time I go in.

Rain Man
01-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Not so much a worry, but whenever I'm near the edge of a tall height or long fall, I always think about plunging myself off the edge to my sure death below.

So your worry is that you're suicidal, but you don't know it?

Buck
01-31-2007, 07:50 PM
I am worried that the Padres and Chargers will never amount to anything, meaning they will never win a World Series or Super Bowl.

Kclee
01-31-2007, 07:52 PM
I've got phobophobia.

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 07:55 PM
I've got phobophobia.

Nice.

The irrational fear of having an irrational fear.

Beautiful.

Wonder how in the **** the DSM-IV would categorize that......

|Zach|
01-31-2007, 07:59 PM
I have always had a huge fear of being caught in a revolving door. I still use them but it gives me the willies.

Phobia
01-31-2007, 08:02 PM
I have a fear that I'll be incredibly successful and everyone will remember me as a swell guy.

Adept Havelock
01-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Basselopes. I am deathly afraid of Basselopes.

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/spa/Compression/dc/img/basselope.html

I also have a fear of actually having to live through the collapse of civilization. Really, it's more a fear of having to protect my loved ones during such a time.

sedated
01-31-2007, 08:20 PM
I have a fear that I'll be incredibly successful and everyone will remember me as a swell guy.

no worries

banyon
01-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Bronson Pinchot.

I just know he's going to pop up again somewhere when I finally think he's gone.

RJ
01-31-2007, 08:27 PM
I have an irrational fear of other people falling from high places. I can't stand to watch someone peering over the edge of a cliff, for instance. Oddly, I have no problem doing such things myself.

Like Adept, I have a fear of disaster. While I'm not a survivalist, I find myself purchasing things like flashlights and batteries and emergency radios. I have probably 4-6 flashlights that I've never opened and yet still find myself in that aisle at the store. If we ever have a natural disaster here in Albuquerque I'll be all set for bottled water, canned food, weather radios and flashlights. And I'll kill anybody who tries to get my flashlights.

Is that irrational?

ChiefsFire
01-31-2007, 08:33 PM
I am scared friggin sh^tless of getting my shoestring caught in an escolator and being drug into it and die a horrible and bloody death in Oak Park Mall infront of all the hot joco soccermoms...

morphius
01-31-2007, 08:40 PM
I have an irrational fear when something good happens that something disproportionately bad will soon follow.

siberian khatru
01-31-2007, 08:42 PM
I have an irrational fear when something good happens that something disproportionately bad will soon follow.

Me too.

I wonder if it's because we follow the Chiefs, or that's why we follow the Chiefs.

sedated
01-31-2007, 08:47 PM
I am scared friggin sh^tless of getting my shoestring caught in an escolator

I've actually had that happen. I was like 10, and I freaked the f*ck out

stumppy
01-31-2007, 08:49 PM
I have a fear that one time Lassie will not get help in time and Timmy will die.

Mr. Plow
01-31-2007, 08:52 PM
I have a fear that a spider will crawl into my ear at night and lay eggs. Then, when they hatch, I'll be known as spiderman.

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 09:02 PM
I have a fear that a spider will crawl into my ear at night and lay eggs. Then, when they hatch, I'll be known as spiderman.

That isn't that irrational.

I may get some details screwed up, but this is how I remember it....

I saw a medical show where this woman was on vacation in Costa Rica and when she returned home, she went to her doctor complaining about this pain in her scalp. Turns out she was bit by some sort of insect that lays an egg when it bites. (?) The doctor parts her hair at the bite, and she has a quarter-inch hole on her scalp with a living worm-like creature living in it. The doctor covers the hole with petroleum jelly to force the ****er out, and gets it with tweezers. I swear that SOB was easily 3/4 of an inch wide and 2 inches long.

*shudder*

I'll try to find the story.....

el borracho
01-31-2007, 09:10 PM
I go to a barber where a russian girl and an older guy from Turkey cut hair. I've only been a regular there for about 3 months. The Turkey guy is a freaking genious at haircuts. I started off going to the Russian girl. One day she was at lunch and I decided to try this guy and he is leaps and bounds better than the girl. So I guess I'm worried I'll hurt the little girls feelings, next time I go in.
The old Turk instead of the russian girl? Does it worry you at all that you might be gay?

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Holy Christ....

I found it. It was a maggot. I might have been off on the size of it, but you can see where I could be wrong......

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/139414/maggot.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/139414/maggot/">Maggot - video powered by Metacafe</a></font>

Buck
01-31-2007, 09:11 PM

I saw a medical show where this woman was on vacation in Costa Rica and when she returned home, she went to her doctor complaining about this pain in her scalp. Turns out she was bit by some sort of insect that lays an egg when it bites. (?) The doctor parts her hair at the bite, and she has a quarter-inch hole on her scalp with a living worm-like creature living in it. The doctor covers the hole with petroleum jelly to force the ****er out, and gets it with tweezers. I swear that SOB was easily 3/4 of an inch wide and 2 inches long.

*shudder*

Ive seen this as well.

Fish
01-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Sometimes while driving... I worry that I'll strike an invisible person crossing the street. I'll drive for several blocks with an uneasy sense of expectation....

plbrdude
01-31-2007, 09:20 PM

strange. i have had somewhat the same experience at times. i went up in the ww1 memorial tower and had trouble w/that feeling. not so much as wanting to jump, but wondering what it would be like to fall to my death. and also scared some unseen hand would push me over. i also had this type of experience down at the state capitol and on a big ferris wheel at celebration city. plus i'm scared to death whenever i ride a big rollercoaster, it will break down on the way up the first big hill and i'll have to walk down the stairs on the side.

morphius
01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Me too.

I wonder if it's because we follow the Chiefs, or that's why we follow the Chiefs.
YES! YES! The Chiefs made the playoffs!!!

forward a week or two

That game was pathetic!

(that explains way too much)

ChiefaRoo
01-31-2007, 09:27 PM

I know that feeling. I have it too. I think it's an evolutionary inherited warning that lives in the primitive part of our brains. I guess it's possible that some of us don't have it.

ChiefaRoo
01-31-2007, 09:30 PM
I have an irrational fear of other people falling from high places. I can't stand to watch someone peering over the edge of a cliff, for instance. Oddly, I have no problem doing such things myself.

Like Adept, I have a fear of disaster. While I'm not a survivalist, I find myself purchasing things like flashlights and batteries and emergency radios. I have probably 4-6 flashlights that I've never opened and yet still find myself in that aisle at the store. If we ever have a natural disaster here in Albuquerque I'll be all set for bottled water, canned food, weather radios and flashlights. And I'll kill anybody who tries to get my flashlights.

Is that irrational?

The only thing that is irrational is that you've got all this stuff but apparently you don't have any guns and you've told us where you live.

Mr. Plow
01-31-2007, 09:44 PM

*shudder*

Scares the hell out of me to think some freakin' bug could lay eggs in my ear and I not really even know. I've heard some stories about it, hence the fear. Thank God I'm not awake while I'm asleep.

Count Alex's Losses
01-31-2007, 09:50 PM
I have no fears. I have conquered them all.

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Not a single comment on the video? Figured someone would jump at it...

boogblaster
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
I have this fear of out-living my body..just laying there.. mind working over-time but nothing else will...

RJ
01-31-2007, 10:06 PM
The only thing that is irrational is that you've got all this stuff but apparently you don't have any guns and you've told us where you live.

That's ok. With all these flashlights I'll be able to see you coming from a mile away. And I won't need a gun, you'll be blinded long before you get here.

morphius
01-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Not a single comment on the video? Figured someone would jump at it...
I just refuse to watch it, no thanks!

Bug in the ear thing, blech. There are still family stories of me sitting up at night at Grandma's house trying to kill these evil, nearly indestructible, flying roach like creatures. You had to use a fly swatter to get them out of the air, and then once they were on the ground you had to smash it 2-3 times with a shoe to kill it. Had to cover my head with my sheets to go to sleep that night.

Rausch
01-31-2007, 10:09 PM
I have a dream about once a month about living-dead people attacking me/the city/my present location. The dreams are always different but same idea. I might not have even watched a horror movie of any kind in months yet an impossible situation pops up in my skull for some reason consistently.

morphius
01-31-2007, 10:10 PM
I have a dream about once a month about living-dead people attacking me/the city/my present location. The dreams are always different but same idea. I might not have even watched a horror movie of any kind in months yet an impossible situation pops up in my skull for some reason consistently.
I figured yours would involve a ring of a phone or a ring of a door bell, and just the word, "Dad?"...

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 10:11 PM

Only on ChiefsPlanet is a picture of ENDelt's bare ass >>> a video of a maggot being pulled out of a woman's scalp.

:shake:

RJ
01-31-2007, 10:15 PM

Bug in the ear thing, blech. There are still family stories of me sitting up at night at Grandma's house trying to kill these evil, nearly indestructible, flying roach like creatures. You had to use a fly swatter to get them out of the air, and then once they were on the ground you had to smash it 2-3 times with a shoe to kill it. Had to cover my head with my sheets to go to sleep that night.

I can hear you now as an old man....."Why, when I was a boy there were indestructible, flying roach creatures in our house and all we had for protection was fly swatters and sheets!"

What planet were you on, by the way?

ChiefaRoo
01-31-2007, 10:17 PM
That's ok. With all these flashlights I'll be able to see you coming from a mile away. And I won't need a gun, you'll be blinded long before you get here.

I have night vision goggles. Your flashlight will light you up like a christmas tree and then I'll tranq. you, bang your chick and take your supplies and then will be off to Sedona to do a little hiking.

Rausch
01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
I figured yours would involve a ring of a phone or a ring of a door bell, and just the word, "Dad?"...

I have 5 step-kids and one of my own.

Oh, and I'm also a step-grandpa now.

At this point I'd just tell the poor kid to grab a sleeping bag and a write what type of cereal he/she likes on the list...

morphius
01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
I can hear you now as an old man....."Why, when I was a boy there were indestructible, flying roach creatures in our house and all we had for protection was fly swatters and sheets!"

What planet were you on, by the way?
Minnesota. They were freeky little bastages. Grandma hadn't seen them before that or after that. They were coming up thru the pipes.

morphius
01-31-2007, 10:22 PM
I have 5 step-kids and one of my own.

Oh, and I'm also a step-grandpa now.

At this point I'd just tell the poor kid to grab a sleeping bag and a write what type of cereal he/she likes on the list...
Congrats on the marriage, I don't know if I ever got to tell you that.

morphius
01-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Only on ChiefsPlanet is a picture of ENDelt's bare ass >>> a video of a maggot being pulled out of a woman's scalp.

:shake:
I wouldn't watch that either...

Rausch
01-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Minnesota. They were freeky little bastages. Grandma hadn't seen them before that or after that. They were coming up thru the pipes.

I have an honest to God phobia of roaches.

Stayed up 36 hours when I got my first apt until I'd killed EVERY hatched hellspawn in the place.

Sprayed the trash cans, sinks, tub drains, behind and under the fridge, stove, and cabinets with Raid. Laid down 3 roach baits in every room. Glue traps in the corner of every room. Dropped around $120 in super-****-you-DIE prevention methods.

But it worked... :)

Iowanian
01-31-2007, 10:25 PM
I worry that I'll sit on my testicles when wearing loose pants.

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 10:26 PM
I worry that I'll sit on my testicles when wearing loose pants.

Been there. Done that. Not fun.

Rausch
01-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Congrats on the marriage, I don't know if I ever got to tell you that.

How you can honestly love someone truly and deeply and at the same time that person has the ability to piss you off to the point of random acts of violence seem like a sensible means of relaxtion...I don't know...Maybe I'm just new to this...

Iowanian
01-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Its a well founded concern.

RJ
01-31-2007, 10:28 PM
I have night vision goggles. Your flashlight will light you up like a christmas tree and then I'll tranq. you, bang your chick and take your supplies and then will be off to Sedona to do a little hiking.

Fair enough. While you're here, if my dogs don't maul you too badly, could you feed them and fill their water bowls? Maybe check the mail? And (pushing my luck here) put new batteries in the flashlights? Feel free to borrow a couple to take to Sedona.

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Its a well founded concern.

Damn right. It's one of my fears that I'll do it again.....

Rausch
01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Feel free to borrow a couple to take to Sedona.

Sedona?

My Uncle's MIL use to pray to rocks out there. Heh. Funny gal...

Cochise
01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm irrationally afraid of locking my keys in something. When I get out of the car or when I leave my house, I actually look directly at the keys or I have to be touching them in my pocket as I close the door to make sure I'm not locking them in.

Rausch
01-31-2007, 10:33 PM
Been there. Done that. Not fun.

Ditto.

In the average adult toilet the boys hang down in the emptiness of the bowl. They dangle safely.

You have no choice and rush to a "potty" built for 2nd grade kids and, let me tell you, that $#it is built to scale.

Burning pain and sickness as you plop down on a stool built at 1/3 scale as yer' huevos are crushed betwix arse and porcelain... :cuss:

Iowanian
01-31-2007, 10:35 PM
I learned this lesson on a bad landing of a jump on a dirtbike.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/34116/
worth the watch...can't vouch for the site itself.

Rausch
Damn right. It's one of my fears that I'll do it again.....

I'm thinking my next house will have a few acres of wooded area.

A beautiful piece of nature acting as a buffer zone between me, and the world, and the victims...

ChiefaRoo
Fair enough. While you're here, if my dogs don't maul you too badly, could you feed them and fill their water bowls? Maybe check the mail? And (pushing my luck here) put new batteries in the flashlights? Feel free to borrow a couple to take to Sedona.

Sure, since your being so friendly I'll fill their dishes. I might even reconsider the whole plan and just head down to Tulsa and tranq. Skip and take his last remaining goat.

OnTheWarpath58
Ditto.

In the average adult toilet the boys hang down in the emptiness of the bowl. They dangle safely.

You have no choice and rush to a "potty" built for 2nd grade kids and, let me tell you, that $#it is built to scale.

Burning pain and sickness as you plop down on a stool built at 1/3 scale as yer' huevos are crushed betwix arse and porcelain... :cuss:

Just one of the many reasons I'm getting my degree in secondary education.....

:p

morphius
01-31-2007, 10:36 PM
How you can honestly love someone truly and deeply and at the same time that person has the ability to piss you off to the point of random acts of violence seem like a sensible means of relaxtion...I don't know...Maybe I'm just new to this...
Because females are hormonally imbalanced by definition. One night you could be the best husband in the world, the next she will be wondering why she hasn't divorced you.

Rausch
01-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Just one of the many reasons I'm getting my degree in secondary education.....

Consider: A kindergardner in a wheelchair needing help to go potty is a minor issue. It's a one man job. No matter your issue all kids that age are cute.

But a normal sized teen hitting puberty in a chair needing help. Perhaps bathed this week, perhaps not, from a family that's struggling financially.

Wow. Night and day...

DaFace
01-31-2007, 10:43 PM
I have an irrational fear that one day my boss will come in and start threatening to beat me with a golf club.

supercoupe91
01-31-2007, 10:44 PM
I worry that I have a tumor in my brain. I get headaches a lot, and lately I've been getting dizzy and blurred vision.

I also worry that I don't give my girlfriend enough in the sack. I mean she is somewhat thick with a plump bottom and when I use rear entry or woman on top it usually doesnt last more than a couple minutes.

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
I have an irrational fear that one day my boss will come in and start threatening to beat me with a golf club.

It's not an irrational fear if it has already happened......

morphius
01-31-2007, 10:46 PM
What do you think happened to the last guy?

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 10:47 PM
I worry that I have a tumor in my brain. I get headaches a lot, and lately I've been getting dizzy and blurred vision.

I also worry that I don't give my girlfriend enough in the sack. I mean she is somewhat thick with a plump bottom and when I use rear entry or woman on top it usually doesnt last more than a couple minutes.

I don't know whether to ROFL or to :shake:

Iowanian
01-31-2007, 10:47 PM

Are the rest of them with him? Are they shouting "We just checked your internet logs and it shows you've made 25000 posts on a football message board on our time and dime?"

Rausch
01-31-2007, 10:54 PM

Yeah, that's a fun one...

RJ
01-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Sure, since your being so friendly I'll fill their dishes. I might even reconsider the whole plan and just head down to Tulsa and tranq. Skip and take his last remaining goat.

He's a decent guy, you should leave him half the goat.

DaFace
01-31-2007, 11:01 PM
Are the rest of them with him? Are they shouting "We just checked your internet logs and it shows you've made 25000 posts on a football message board on our time and dime?"

I can't imagine that anyone could get anything done in our line of work and be able to post more than 25,000 posts on a message board over ANY length of time.

Wait a minute...

RJ
01-31-2007, 11:03 PM

That's not irrational.

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 11:05 PM
I can't imagine that anyone could get anything done in our line of work and be able to post more than 25,000 posts on a message board over ANY length of time.

Wait a minute...

CrazyCoffey will be there (25k) by October.

Slacker.

88TG88
01-31-2007, 11:07 PM
i have an irrational fear that im gonna be part of an elaborate setup to frame me for a crime i didnt commit like the guy in prison break.

i have a rational fear that im going to get shot driving around after dark

Rausch
01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
That's not irrational.

Agreed...

Rausch
01-31-2007, 11:10 PM
CrazyCoffey will be there (25k) by October.

Slacker.

Zygote...

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Zygote...

Bless you? :shrug:

jAZ
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Every once in a while I walk into my newborn son's room and look into his crib afraid that he will have died while I was in the other room. He was in the NICU for 10 days after he was born with respiratory distress, so there was SOME reason to have been concerned.

It's been almost 2 months... and he's doing fantastic, but every once in a while...

Ugh... It's a horrible feeling for that split second before he moves and everything is great again.

morphius
01-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Every once in a while I walk into my newborn son's room and look into his crib afraid that he will have died while I was in the other room. He was in the NICU for 10 days after he was born with respiratory distress, so there was SOME reason to have been concerned.

It's been almost 2 months... and he's doing fantastic, but every once in a while...

Ugh... It's a horrible feeling for that split second before he moves and everything is great again.
I think that is normal, the first few months I would stand in both my kids rooms until I could actually see or hear them breath before going off to bed.

Rausch
01-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Bless you? :shrug:

Look it up...

kcfanintitanhell
01-31-2007, 11:51 PM
I have a fear of vomiting. It may be just a control issue, but it is a fear nonetheless. If I have been exposed to a stomach virus, I'll fast and take Pepto on a regular basis until I think the incubation period is over.
Any other bug, like colds or respiratory influenza, I'm like a Florence Nightingale to my fiance if she comes down with it. A stomach bug-I'm at the other end of the house for the duration.

RJ
02-01-2007, 12:44 AM

That's not being irrational, that's being a dad. Check on your boy as often as you want and don't feel weird about it. It takes time.

BWillie
02-01-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm afraid of getting bald and acquiring the horseshoe, forcing myself to invest for toupees and not being able to go outside when it is windy.

Chiefs_Fan
02-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Thanks to this thread, now I'm scared of Costa Rican worms.

Redrum_69
02-01-2007, 09:27 AM
I have a fear of public toilets

kepp
02-01-2007, 10:55 AM
I get very nervous/afraid for people on TV in certain situations and I have to change the channel.

Redrum_69
02-01-2007, 11:12 AM

*shudder*

Thanks....I'm never leaving Kansas again

The brown recluse infestation I have is bad enough in the summer...I'd rather fight those fuggers

Redrum_69
02-01-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm afraid of zippers

and door handles going in and out of the bathrooms....ANYWHERE..at work..restaurants...EVERYWHERE.

I ALWAYS wash my hands, but joe shmoe over there takes a dump and walks out...fug that...I always use a paper towel or my foot to open the door on the way out. If I am going in, I HAVE TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO GO FIRST...then i just jump in right behind them

thats almost OCDish I know

greg63
02-01-2007, 11:17 AM
I fear that I shall never be able to breath clearly out of my nasal passages again.

morphius
02-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm afraid of zippers

and door handles going in and out of the bathrooms....ANYWHERE..at work..restaurants...EVERYWHERE.

I ALWAYS wash my hands, but joe shmoe over there takes a dump and walks out...fug that...I always use a paper towel or my foot to open the door on the way out. If I am going in, I HAVE TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO GO FIRST...then i just jump in right behind them

thats almost OCDish I know
Hey, if it is clean enough for your Mom's mouth it is clean enough for my hands.

(okay, I wash my hands, but just had to say that)

Mr. Kotter
02-01-2007, 11:43 AM

If it's any consolation, my eleven year old went through the exact same thing as your son; and I went through the same thing as you are. :)

Today, he's a vibrant, enthusiastic, passionate, full-of-life, joyful man-boy....who is also, at times, a pain-in-the-butt, obnoxious, and completely normal in just about every way you can think of...defender, and bully, of his younger three siblings.

And he's already demonstrating strong conservative ideological tendencies as well.....heh. :D

Redrum_69
02-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Hey, if it is clean enough for your Mom's mouth it is clean enough for my hands.

(okay, I wash my hands, but just had to say that)

touche'

Morphius' mom is like a public restroom...it's best to let someone else open her door and then charge in, before you drop your load make sure to clean her off from the previous visitor, and a plunger is available if things get out of hand

C-Mac
02-01-2007, 12:32 PM
"I'm afraid of widths"

RJ
02-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I get very nervous/afraid for people on TV in certain situations and I have to change the channel.

I do that when I'm listening to talk radio. If a caller is really bad I start to get embarrassed for them and have to change the station.

Also, your avatar is terrifying. Normal size clowns are scary enough, giant floating clowns are off the charts.

KChiefer
02-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I feel this way sometimes. It's not that you want to jump, but it feels like a compulsion to me.

Yeah, when I watch the first48 and a family is being told the bad news, when they freak out I feel uneasy and change it.

To add some things:

I fear rollercoasters breaking and me falling. It's weird because I haven't always felt this way, and I have a lot of respect for science and engineering thus knowing how safe the rides really are. The same goes for airplanes.

I also developed an issue with not being able to pee with ppl around me. It started at a Cubs/Sox game. I wanted to hurry so I wouldn't hold the line up, and then I just couldn't go. I'm don't feel selfconsious about peeing in front of ppl, but since that incident it still happens.

Gee, don't I feel better now.

Redrum_69
02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
I fear how deep my knuckles are going to disappear in KChiefers mom tonight...

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-01-2007, 01:39 PM
I often worry that someday you guys and gals will stop thinking I'm the coolest planet member ever.

EVAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Rain Man
02-01-2007, 03:48 PM

Why would you think that's irrational?

Sully
02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I don't fear flying, much, but I am sick to death during takeoff. During those first few minutes I am a mess.

And if I'm flying with one of those pilots who likes to make his turn mere feet off the runway, I damn near pass out.

Rooster
02-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Just the usual worries.

A snake swimming up through the toilet while I'm taking a dump and biting my balls.

All swans in general. They strike me as evil birds.

That my unborn children will grow up donkey fans.

TinyEvel
02-01-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm worried that,somehow, "W" will fenagle his way into a third season.
Pull some ogvernment loophole shit.
actually, he wouldn't -- I believe he's counting the days until he can ride the quadrunner full-time. It would be the puppeteers who would engineer it.

ChiefaRoo
02-01-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm worried that,somehow, "W" will fenagle his way into a third season.
Pull some ogvernment loophole shit.
actually, he wouldn't -- I believe he's counting the days until he can ride the quadrunner full-time. It would be the puppeteers who would engineer it.

Tiny, get a grip. Bush has flaws and isn't popular now but history will show he correctly pulled the scab off the festering sore that is the ME.

Adept Havelock
02-01-2007, 05:39 PM
I don't fear flying, much, but I am sick to death during takeoff. During those first few minutes I am a mess.

And if I'm flying with one of those pilots who likes to make his turn mere feet off the runway, I damn near pass out.

I hate the immediate turns as well. Other than that, I only have one concern when flying. As long as the pilot gets that right, I don't care how bumpy the ride was.

listopencil
02-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks to this thread, now I'm scared of Costa Rican worms.

No shit, that thing is freaking me the **** out!

Cool video though.

listopencil
02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah. Bridges. I don't like driving on them. I get halfway across and worry about them falling down.

listopencil
02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
...and clowns. Clowns creep me out.

listopencil
02-01-2007, 06:04 PM
...although now that I watched that video of the head maggot infestation a lot of things are creeping me out.

Jenson71
02-01-2007, 09:38 PM
When I was in 3rd and 4th grade, I watched the Rosie O'Donnell show after school. I always worry that I might let that slip here and become the laughinstock of chiefsplanet.

boogblaster
02-01-2007, 10:46 PM
HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHhAAAAAAAAAAAA.. you watched Runchie O'Dungell ....

Rain Man
02-01-2007, 10:57 PM
When I was in 3rd and 4th grade, I watched the Rosie O'Donnell show after school. I always worry that I might let that slip here and become the laughinstock of chiefsplanet.

Your worries are over.

Jayhawkerman2001
02-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Being on anti-depressants, i worry about a ton of stuff. Firstly, i constantly worry that everybody doesnt like me much. Lack of motivation is what really worries me the most. Im afraid that if i try something, im going to not be motivated to do it anymore, so i dont even try. Thats why i just started school back in this past semester. Im all sorts of ****ed up... And this isnt a joke, these are my real worries, so no making fun now...

Rain Man
02-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Being on anti-depressants, i worry about a ton of stuff. Firstly, i constantly worry that everybody doesnt like me much. Lack of motivation is what really worries me the most. Im afraid that if i try something, im going to not be motivated to do it anymore, so i dont even try. Thats why i just started school back in this past semester. Im all sorts of ****ed up... And this isnt a joke, these are my real worries, so no making fun now...

Hang in there, dude.

One of the hardest things for me to learn in life was to not worry too much about what other people think or whether they like me. If you can get over that, it frees you up to be yourself and ironically makes it more likely that other people will like you.

booger
02-01-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm thinking my next house will have a few acres of wooded area.

A beautiful piece of nature acting as a buffer zone between me, and the world, and the victims...
Hope your not afraid of ticks

booger
02-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I fear life has already passed me by and I'm not even 30.

booger
02-02-2007, 12:09 AM
and the old people that greet and give you shopping carts at wal mart. They creep me out.

KC Jones
02-02-2007, 01:35 AM
I worry that one of these days when I'm hiking with my kids in the mountains a mountain lion is going to try to get one of them. I've started carrying mace and a big knife on our hikes just in case. I realize the odds of this occurring are incredibly small, but then you read stuff like this...

http://cougarinfo.com/attacks2.htm
http://cougarinfo.com/attacks3.htm

I also share the fear of the compulsion to jump off of high places. It's freaky, put it's like I can feel gravity pulling me over a balcony and down.