PDA

View Full Version : In a Planet S**t Storm, Who's to Blame?

Pages : [1] 2

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 08:52 AM
In a situation where one poster A baits and baits poster B, then poster B steps over the line, who's the POS troll?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Oh, goody.

Joie
02-03-2007, 08:54 AM
How is this different than continually kicking a dog and then getting pissed off when it finally bites you?

Reerun_KC
02-03-2007, 08:56 AM
You knew this was coming GoChefs....

You can only be a asshat for so long...

I say we petetion the mods and have asshat banned as well....

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Oh, goody.
You asked the question dumbass. Now you're going to get the answer that actual adults with lives would give.

I personally went with "Both". If Zach was an adult he would have banned both of you for a week.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 08:57 AM
You knew this was coming GoChefs....

You can only be a asshat for so long...

I say we petetion the mods and have asshat banned as well....

I gave neg rep and now I'm an asshat?

Wow.

Tell you what...if you guys are so upset over your bestest buddy CrazyCoffey being banned...go ahead and neg rep the hell out of me. See how I react.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 08:59 AM

Wow.

Tell you what...if you guys are so upset over your bestest buddy CrazyCoffey being banned...go ahead and neg rep the hell out of me. See how I react.
Here's the point you continually fail to get. You knew it bothered him, yet you continued. Why? What is it in your pathetic little existence that would make you take time out of your day to do something you claim to care nothing about, only because you know it's irritating another human being? Do you torture animals yet or are you still working up to that?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:00 AM
You knew it bothered him, yet you continued.

Because he continued to squeal like a little bitch. That's highly amusing.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Because he continued to squeal like a little bitch. That's highly amusing.
Seriously, just head down to the pet store and grab some feeder mice. They're cheap (since you have no job I'm going to be money-conscious for you) and they'll ACTUALLY squeak the entire time you torture them.

That should REALLY make you feel like a man.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Now giving someone neg rep is torture? I hope I didn't do any permanent mental damage to CrazyCoffey.

el borracho
02-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Well, without reading the whole transcript to last night's very special episode of Maury, I would say "both". Poster A sucks for baiting and poster B needs to learn how to use the "ignore" feature instead of over-reacting to internet blatherskite.

All in all, though, I am guessing this is no big deal. This is actually how people become socialized (both here at the planet and in real life). You make a poor choice, you get yelled at and/ or grounded.

Joie
02-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Now giving someone neg rep is torture? I hope I didn't do any permanent mental damage to CrazyCoffey.

I don't think thats what was said. CONTINUALLY picking at someone because you knew it was bothering them is cruel.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Well, without reading the whole transcript to last night's very special episode of Maury, I would say "both". Poster A sucks for baiting and poster B needs to learn how to use the "ignore" feature instead of over-reacting to internet blatherskite.

All in all, though, I am guessing this is no big deal. This is actually how people become socialized (both here at the planet and in real life). You make a poor choice, you get yelled at and/ or grounded.
Sadly one of our mods only banned one of the idiots. I'd like to see that change, either you let them escalate it out of control or you bitch slap them both. This either-or-playing-favorites crap is weak.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't think thats what was said. CONTINUALLY picking at someone because you knew it was bothering them is cruel.

You're definitely female.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:06 AM
...but manly, right GoChiefs?

Joie
You're definitely female.

Oh my, you're observant.

Count Zarth
Oh my, you're observant.

Well hell, you could have been impersonating one. It's happened before.

Joie
02-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Well hell, you could have been impersonating one. It's happened before.

Gonna pick on me now?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Gonna pick on me now?

I'm fairly sure you don't care about rep.

Sully
02-03-2007, 09:08 AM
The correct answer is Both.

Poster "A" is an asshat for being an asshat.

Poster "B" is an asshat for having no self control, and allowing someone else to determine his actions.

morphius
02-03-2007, 09:10 AM
If we banned everyone that annoyed the hell out of someone here there would be like 2 posters left. I'm sure there are some MS fanboys that would love to get Simplex out of their hair. Skip would love it if both Zach and I didn't exist. Then there is the whole memyself thing... The list could go on and on.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:12 AM
If we banned everyone that annoyed the hell out of someone here there would be like 2 posters left. I'm sure there are some MS fanboys that would love to get Simplex out of their hair. Skip would love it if both Zach and I didn't exist. Then there is the whole memyself thing... The list could go on and on.
So if I start constantly pushing someone to post naked pictures, and that person finally does, I'll get no heat?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:13 AM
So if I start constantly pushing someone to post naked pictures, and that person finally does, I'll get no heat?

What a horrible comparison.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:14 AM
What a horrible comparison.
Once again, you have a lot of personal experience to pull from here, what with having never been on your own, EVER.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Just how mad are you right now, Simplex? Any veins bulging?

Bowser
02-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Who wants teh neg rep?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:17 AM
I'll take some over here. I need something to look forward to so that my pathetic existence has a purpose.

Bowser
02-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Oh, and definitely both.

I say that though I missed last night's slapfest. Anyone care to summarize?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Oh, and definitely both.

I neg repped CrazyCoffey a few times. He got mad. He posted my grandfather's phone number and address. He was banned.

Joie
02-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Oh, and definitely both.

10pm thread starting at about page #143.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Don't worry Clayton, I know you. I understand that you've never been in a position where you had real control over the situation you were in. Power is foreign to you, but it's exciting and you think you'd like it. However, as an outlet for that, you think you have a mod you CAN control.

So in an effort to validate your existence you pick someone you KNOW will overreact and constantly pick at them. You repeat that over and over, getting them more and more upset, knowing that eventually that person you chose so carefully will overreact.

Once that happens you go and begin working on the mod you think you have in your pocket. You get that person to also overreact to the situation and ban your target. In that brief moment you actually believe you had control over a portion of your life.

Sadly, the euphoria won't last. You'll need to find another way to prove your worth to yourself today.

I really do feel sorry for you, man. I do. It's sad.

morphius
02-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Most likely not. It is very rare that someone gets banned here over arguing with someone unless they threaten physical harm. If someone pisses you off that much the person always has the ability to put them on ignore.

BigRedChief
02-03-2007, 09:22 AM

Wow.

CrazyCoffey got banned? What for?

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Most likely not. It is very rare that someone gets banned here over arguing with someone unless they threaten physical harm. If someone pisses you off that much the person always has the ability to put them on ignore.
Would you agree that Zach's proper course last night would have been to delete the offending post and warn coffee to stop doing that?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Don't worry Clayton, I know you. I understand that you've never been in a position where you had real control over the situation you were in. Power is foreign to you, but it's exciting and you think you'd like it. However, as an outlet for that, you think you have a mod you CAN control.

So in an effort to validate your existence you pick someone you KNOW will overreact and constantly pick at them. You repeat that over and over, getting them more and more upset, knowing that eventually that person you chose so carefully will overreact.

Once that happens you go and begin working on the mod you think you have in your pocket. You get that person to also overreact to the situation and ban your target. In that brief moment you actually believe you had control over a portion of your life.

Sadly, the euphoria won't last. You'll need to find another way to prove your worth to yourself today.

I really do feel sorry for you, man. I do. It's sad.

There aren't enough LMAO in the world to express how I feel about this post.

Simplex3
Just how mad are you right now, Simplex? Any veins bulging?
ROFL

I have a wife and two kids, my own home, my own businesses, and a bunch of people coming over for a Super Bowl party tomorrow. This isn't about you.

Count Zarth
Would you agree that Zach's proper course last night would have been to delete the offending post and warn coffee to stop doing that?

He posted it twice. He wasn't going to back down. Hell, he registered another account. Dude has issues.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:25 AM
This isn't about you.

Yeah, clearly it's not. It's not like you started this thread or anything.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:25 AM
CrazyCoffey got banned? What for?

He posted my grandfather's phone # and address.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:26 AM
There aren't enough LMAO in the world to express how I feel about this post.
Go ahead and enlighten us all to what you've ever done in your life where you were in control.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah, clearly it's not. It's not like you started this thread or anything.
Read the title, the thread opener, and the poll. See your name anywhere? Hell, you might, so I'll give you the correct answer, which is NO.

Bowser
10pm thread starting at about page #143.

We must have our displays set up differently. I show nearly 500 pages on that thread, and there is no way I'm backtracking that far to see the sandy giner contest.

Count Zarth
Go ahead and enlighten us all to what you've ever done in your life where you were in control.

I certainly don't care about your scathing posts enough to go to all that trouble.

BTW, weren't you constantly riding my ass and trying to get me to crack for the better part of last month? What happened to that? You gave up way too easily.

Sure-Oz
02-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I say keep that personal crap out of the insults thing, atleast information, call each other every name in the book, but posting info like that should be out of bounds. Some people can't handle stuff, but i think instigating crap on purpose is a bit childish too.

DaFace
Anybody got a link to the location of said "s**t storm"?

Count Zarth
We must have our displays set up differently. I show nearly 500 pages on that thread, and there is no way I'm backtracking that far to see the sandy giner contest.

There's nothing on the thread of interest...apart from CrazyCoffey bitching about negative rep.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 09:29 AM

There's no shitstorm. Apart from the one Simplex3 has now created.

BigRedChief
02-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Thats way wrong. Posting personal information about a poster in the public without their permission is a line that should never be crossed.

Goaded, pushed, egged on, your pissed whatever....You can't do that.

morphius
02-03-2007, 09:30 AM
From what Zach has said is that he continued to do it after being warned not to. So he may have done it more then once and the other post was deleted "completely".

It doesn't mean that gochiefs wasn't being an asshat, but again, if we banned every asshat on this place it would ban a lot of good posters.

Sully
COffee should definitely be banned for posting that stuff. Regardless of how much he was goaded, he still has to show a little self control and brains.

"He made me do it," as much as some wish were still a valid defense, doesn't make sense after about the 2nd grade.

Simplex3
This isn't technically about last night's lovers quarrel between GoChiefs and CrazyCoffee, I'm just asking in general so I know what rules I should play by. Sadly it appears the consensus is going to be that either poster A or both parties are culpable.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-03-2007, 09:31 AM
It wasn't a spectacular display by any means, CC posted the info (post #7150) and Zach banned him. I believe it started in the "Tale of two cities" thread.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Thats way wrong. Posting personal information about a poster in the public without their permission is a line that should never be crossed.

Goaded, pushed, egged on, your pissed whatever....You can't do that.
My guess is he was drunk, too. Bad form on coffee's part, no doubt.

keg in kc
02-03-2007, 09:32 AM
One poster f*cking with another shouldn't be bannable unless one of them does something way out of bounds. Like posting personal information, if that happened.

As for which is a troll, well, neither. A troll's a douchebag who's here to nothing beyond f*ck with a number of people. For reference, see random opposing team fans from the week before pretty much any game, and "Believer".

If people got banned for sniping at each other, we'd all be gone by now...

Joie

Sorry, I have mine set up to show 50 per page.

dirk digler
Damn I always miss all the fun.

If CrazyCoffee did that he should be banned plain and simple.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Damn I always miss all the fun.

If CrazyCoffee did that he should be banned plain and simple.
...and he was. No problem there.

Bowser
02-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Did crazycoffey go all Jmart and threaten to kick everyone's asses?

RNR
02-03-2007, 09:38 AM
If people got banned for sniping at each other, we'd all be gone by now...
That ain't no shit! There are a few here who bring out the worst in people.

Priest4Prez
02-03-2007, 09:40 AM
It isn't like I feel that CC shouldn't have been banned. I feel that Gochefs has crossed the line one too many times. First Skip Town, now CC? Why hasn't Gochefs been banned yet?

morphius
02-03-2007, 09:42 AM
It isn't like I feel that CC shouldn't have been banned. I feel that Gochefs has crossed the line one too many times. First Skip Town, now CC? Why hasn't Gochefs been banned yet?
gochiefs has been banned more then once...

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-03-2007, 09:43 AM
You've only been here since December, what the hell do you know?

Nzoner
02-03-2007, 09:45 AM
"Run for the hills everybody, there's a giant shit-cloud coming!"

Priest4Prez
02-03-2007, 09:45 AM
You've only been here since December, what the hell do you know?
This is coming from a Husker's fan. That really hurts

FDS
02-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Simplex ever come off the rag?

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-03-2007, 09:50 AM
This is coming from a Husker's fan. That really hurts
Thanks for actually answering the question.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:53 AM
I certainly don't care about your scathing posts enough to go to all that trouble.
How much work is it to recall when you were the person in charge of a given situation where others were involved?

Fairplay
02-03-2007, 09:54 AM
So how long is crazy coffee banned for or is it permanent?

If he comes back under another name you could recognize him by haveing to post in every thread like a madman.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:55 AM
gochiefs has been banned more then once...
...but every time he breaks the rules to get around his ban. You know, like the man in charge that he is.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 09:56 AM
So how long is crazy coffee banned for or is it permanent?

If he comes back under another name you could recognize him by haveing to post in every thread like a madman.
One week.

DaFace
02-03-2007, 10:02 AM
One week.

I can actually agree with that. I think both are to blame, but the justice served is appropriate, IMO.

That's really going to cut into his daily post average.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm just asking in general so I know what rules I should play by.

A month ago you made some idiotic post indicating you were going to start riding my ass to no end until I started crying. What happened with that? I guess I didn't get pissed off about it to the point where I went looking for your grandfather's contact information.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 10:08 AM
A month ago you made some idiotic post indicating you were going to start riding my ass to no end until I started crying. What happened with that? I guess I didn't get pissed off about it to the point where I went looking for your grandfather's contact information.
...because, unlike you, I was just making an idiotic post. I wasn't planning on following through with it. I'm not that bored.

Please know that what follows here is not intended as an insult.

One day you'll get a job and move out (I hope). When you do, and you've relied on yourself for a year or so, you'll begin to realize just how ridiculous some of the things you used to say and do are. Then with any luck you will advance in your career to the point where you're actually leading other people on some projects. After f**king up a few of those opportunities you'll realize even more that what you once "knew" was wrong.

I've been there, I know.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:12 AM
...because, unlike you, I was just making an idiotic post. I wasn't planning on following through with it. I'm not that bored.

Um, you definitely followed through on it. You made multiple posts that were far more annoying and insulting than any negative rep.

You're a ****ing hypocrite.

Donger
02-03-2007, 10:13 AM

Wow.

Why was CrazyCoffey banned?

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Um, you definitely followed through on it. You made multiple posts that were far more annoying and insulting than any negative rep.

You're a ****ing hypocrite.
And you're a troll that's learned to behave well enough that he isn't banned.

Zebedee DuBois
The ref always flags the retaliater, not the instigator.

Count Zarth
Why was CrazyCoffey banned?

He made Phobia's wife fat.

Donger
02-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Ah, I see. How did he know who your grandfather is?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:17 AM

He didn't. He's a dumbass. He put my first initial and last name into some internet yellowpages site and it spit back my grandfather's contact info. We share the same first initial.

KChiefer
02-03-2007, 10:20 AM

He learned papa gochiefs identity during one of his follies with the flux capacitor.

banyon
02-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Meh, seems kind of week for a "s*** storm", but I think Zach did the right thing.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I can actually agree with that. I think both are to blame, but the justice served is appropriate, IMO.

That's really going to cut into his daily post average.
At least his posts were enjoyable.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Meh, seems kind of week for a "s*** storm", but I think Zach did the right thing.
I agree. He stepped over the line.

More like he was pushed from behind.

cdcox
02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Link or reader's digest version?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:33 AM

Don't send CrazyCoffey any negative rep. He'll **** your shit up.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 10:33 AM
If you've read this thread you know everything you need to.

Hey GoChiefs, looks like you're coming out as an asshat by an 18-1 margin. I'd guess that one is you.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:35 AM
If you've read this thread you know everything you need to.

Hey GoChiefs, looks like you're coming out as an asshat by an 18-1 margin. I'd guess that one is you.

Hey Simplex, I don't give a shit. You're a ****ing hypocrite with a curious hardon for a poster who contributed little but did it in the most annoying manner possible.

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 10:37 AM
CC made the post...was warned...then made the post again. The ban is only a week long. People making an appeal to this decision seem to be talking about rep. Just seems irrelevant to me. Sometimes you have to put your big boy pants on around here. I have no doubt GC was being a little prick...but I don't see how that can justify posting someone's personal info on this message board.

FAX
02-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Wow, it appears I've missed a lot.

What did the exuberant Mr. crazycoffey do to warrant your ire, Mr. GoChiefs? And, what is my username doing in the Gaz option?

FAX

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:38 AM
It is only a week.

That's 560 quality CrazyCoffey posts.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:39 AM
What did the exuberant Mr. crazycoffey do to warrant your ire, Mr. GoChiefs?

I have no ire toward Mr. CrazyCoffey. I just like seeing red dots on his posts.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey Simplex, I don't give a shit. You're a ****ing hypocrite with a curious hardon for a poster who contributed little but did it in the most annoying manner possible.
http://www.netalive.org/my_nao_images/kettle.jpg

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 10:41 AM
That's 560 quality CrazyCoffey posts.
better than your 41000+ posts

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:41 AM
http://www.netalive.org/my_nao_images/kettle.jpg

Surely you're not this ignorant.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Hell, Simplex, just a few days ago you were begging me for some stupid photoshop. What has Coffey ever done for you, huh?

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Wow, it appears I've missed a lot.

What did the exuberant Mr. crazycoffey do to warrant your ire, Mr. GoChiefs? And, what is my username doing in the Gaz option?

FAX
He was rapidly approaching GoChiefs' post count and that threatened GoChiefs' manhood. Therefore GoChiefs was forced to begin neg repping a n00b poster who never said "boo" to him.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Hell, Simplex, just a few days ago you were begging me for some stupid photoshop. What has Coffey ever done for you, huh?
I'm not taking sides between you two. He got banned for being an idiot and that's Ok. You should have gotten the same treatment.

I love my kids, but they still get timeouts for taunting eachother. Of course, unlike you, they're both under 6.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:45 AM
He was rapidly approaching GoChiefs' post count and that threatened GoChiefs' manhood. Therefore GoChiefs was forced to begin neg repping a n00b poster who never said "boo" to him.

I invite a mod to strip me of my post count right this very moment. In fact, I award all 41,819 posts to CrazyCoffey himself as a generous gift that he will surely be surprised to receive upon his glorious return.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:46 AM
You should have gotten the same treatment.

You too, huh? I mean, I didn't freak out over it like Coffey, but whatever.

Donger
02-03-2007, 10:49 AM
GoCHiefs, what exactly caused you to neg rep CC?

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Simplex, do you realize what kind of a precedent a banning of that nature would set? If I banned GC for that we would basically have to ban people for being assholes.

I would have to quit my job and tell everyone I know that they won't be seeing me for five years. I would that have to hover over CP like a AC-130H Spectre gunship obliterating all who dare to posts things of a dickhead nature. It would be a waste land of 1's and 0's.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DpyFMEKQyrk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DpyFMEKQyrk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:51 AM
GoCHiefs, what exactly caused you to neg rep CC?

It provided fabulous entertainment. Neg repping CrazyCoffey is like tossing a ball in the air in front of a dog.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:52 AM
we would basically have to ban people for being assholes.

So...you'd have to ban Simplex himself?

I didn't realize he was so dedicated to his principles.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Simplex, do you realize what kind of a precedent a banning of that nature would set? If I banned GC for that we would basically have to ban people for being assholes.

I would have to quit my job and tell everyone I know that they won't be seeing me for five years. I would that have to hover over CP like a AC-130H Spectre gunship obliterating all who dare to posts things of a dickhead nature. It would be a waste land of 1's and 0's.
If it was anyone other than the guy who was banned repeatedly in the past I'd say no biggie. To me the particular idiot we're speaking about makes the situation different.

Donger
02-03-2007, 10:53 AM
It provided fabulous entertainment. Neg repping CrazyCoffey is like tossing a ball in the air in front of a dog.

I can understand that. But, what caused you to initially neg rep him. What did he do?

FAX
02-03-2007, 10:53 AM
I have no ire toward Mr. CrazyCoffey. I just like seeing red dots on his posts.

Ah. You subscribe to the Mr. Skip Towne N00b (sp?) management newsletter. I, for one, am sorry to see this happen. Mr. crazycoffey was enthusiastic, that's for sure. After reading the thread, it's sad to know that he made the unfortunate posts.

Still, maybe it's for the best and he'll use this time to seek treatment and return as Mr. sanecoffey.

FAX

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 10:55 AM
I can understand that. But, what caused you to initially neg rep him. What did he do?

I'm pretty sure I started neg repping him just for the hell of it.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Entertainment for who exactly?

Donger
02-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm pretty sure I started neg repping him just for the hell of it.

I don't believe you.

Count Zarth
Entertainment for who exactly?

Aren't you supposed to be me?

|Zach|
This kind of stupid shit is why I tried to have the whole rep system thrown out.

Count Zarth
I don't believe you.

That is why you fail.

Calcountry
02-03-2007, 10:58 AM
This kind of stupid shit is why I tried to have the whole rep system thrown out.Can't you just ban someones reppper? If the get their repper out of whack, then just whack it off.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 10:59 AM
This kind of stupid shit is why I tried to have the whole rep system thrown out.
I voted against throwing out rep at the time, but I'm on your side on this one now. It's just another non-public way for people to f**k with eachother and not have to man up to it.

acesn8s
Can't you just ban someones reppper? If the get their repper out of whack, then just whack it off.
ROFL :clap: ROFL

Donger
That is why you fail.

So, you randomly selected CC to neg rep?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:00 AM
So, you randomly selected CC to neg rep?

He was a good target, like Chiefs4me.

Calcountry
02-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Seriously, can't you just have it where you can only rep one time per day. If you are going to give out a rep, it should be noteworhty, whether it be pos or neg. Then you have to wait 24 hours and waiste it if you are going to continue the silly nonsense. I believe most of us have had fun scewing with n00bs with it as a kind of initiation of sorts. It is also a good way to communicate real quickly to the poster.

Just limit the amount of reps per day and this all goes away. You can keep the weighting to favor long timers over n00bs.

Donger
02-03-2007, 11:02 AM

I don't believe that I've ever neg repped her, and I can tell you why I started playing with her (the incessant commas).

So, what did CC do that set you off?

Calcountry
02-03-2007, 11:03 AM
I voted against throwing out rep at the time, but I'm on your side on this one now. It's just another non-public way for people to f**k with eachother and not have to man up to it.No doubt this won't affect you in the least, since you enjoy F***ING with people out in the open.

Count Zarth
Just limit the amount of reps per day and this all goes away.

That system is already in place.

acesn8s
So you picked a fight with a dog and cried to the mods when you got bit.
How old are you? 12?

Stupid Troll

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:04 AM
No doubt this won't affect you in the least, since you enjoy F***ING with people out in the open.

Negative rep is FAR worse than words. ROFL

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:04 AM

Are you a dog? You're definitely on my radar now.

Calcountry
02-03-2007, 11:05 AM
That system is already in place.One rep per day? No, I think you are wrong on that dude.

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 11:05 AM
How old are you? 12?

Stupid Troll
He didn't cry to the mods. I would contend the person that acted 12 was on the other end of the coin getting all worked up over rep.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
No doubt this won't affect you in the least, since you enjoy F***ING with people out in the open.
Exactly. Where I have to take ownership for the things I say.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:07 AM
One rep per day? No, I think you are wrong on that dude.

Not one rep, but you can't rep to your hearts content. There is a certain amount you can give out.

Calcountry
02-03-2007, 11:07 AM
How old are you? 12?

Stupid TrollUmm, no. Chiefie has over 40k posts, a 12 year old couldn't type that fast.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Exactly. Where I have to take ownership for the things I say.

Who gives a shit? It's the ****ing internet.

|Zach|
I don't know this...but from GC's rep history I would wager there wasn't actually words left on those reps.

Donger
Are you not going to answer, GoChiefs?

Calcountry
Not one rep, but you can't rep to your hearts content. There is a certain amount you can give out.That certain amount, needs to be reduced, DRASTICALLY.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Are you not going to answer, GoChiefs?

He ****ed my dad.

Count Zarth
That certain amount, needs to be reduced, DRASTICALLY.

Why? It's nothing but a pointless game. There's no good reason for any of this crap.

Calcountry
Exactly. Where I have to take ownership for the things I say.You own much grasshopper.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 11:10 AM
He didn't cry to the mods. I would contend the person that acted 12 was on the other end of the coin getting all worked up over rep.
CC definitely messed up but GC should have acted a little more grown up. IMO

You had to do what you did Z. Good call.

Donger
He ****ed my dad.

I'm curious as to why you won't answer.

Calcountry
Why? It's nothing but a pointless game. There's no good reason for any of this crap.Yes it is a game of sorts, entertainment to help me tick away the moments that make up a dull day.

Fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm curious as to why you won't answer.

I'm curious as to why you care.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:12 AM
GC should have acted a little more grown up.l.

Oh. Right. That's it. Only GROWNUPS judiciously use their rep.

Calcountry
02-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm curious as to why you care.If Donger ever comes back as someone else, it will be the guy that always prods you with another question that gives it away.

Calcountry
02-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Oh. Right. That's it. Only GROWNUPS judiciously use their rep.Like Skip Towne, but then they say you do go through a second childhood when you get that old.

Frazod
02-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Can't you just ban someones reppper? If the get their repper out of whack, then just whack it off.Yes. The mods can max out someone's rep to completely negative. This doesn't eliminate the person's ability to give rep, but it does eliminate the person's ability to adversely affect anybody else's rep.

Skip was punished (very deservingly) in this manner recently. He squealed about it like a stuck pig for months. Great entertainment.

And while I generally don't have a problem with gochiefs, and found crazycoffey to be rather annoying, endlessly neg-repping somebody for non-specific reasons is uncool. Perhaps the Skip treatment is called for here.

I don't give negative rep very often (believe it or not). I like to keep my negative comments public. :) Generally, I'll neg rep somebody who has neg repped me first, or somebody who posts something so stupid or assholish that they really deserve it.

As for crazycoffee posting a relative's phone number, yes, banning is called for. Why punish gochiefs's grandpa because gochiefs is being a dick? That's lame.

Donger
02-03-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm curious as to why you care.

Because unless you felt like randomly neg repping someone, something triggered you. Sure, CC posted with significant frequency and seemed to be a little emotional, but I didn't ever see him do anything that warranted negative rep.

I guess you did.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:18 AM
I didn't ever see him do anything that warranted negative rep.

Coffey certainly doesn't deserve negative rep. But then again, Poland didn't deserve to be invaded by Hitler.

Cochise
02-03-2007, 11:19 AM
LMAO @ caring about rep.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:19 AM
LMAO @ caring about rep.

Finally, someone who gets it.

banyon
02-03-2007, 11:21 AM
If Donger ever comes back as someone else, it will be the guy that always prods you with another question that gives it away.

Donger is truly the Columbo of Chiefsplanet.

Donger
02-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Coffey certainly doesn't deserve negative rep. But then again, Poland didn't deserve to be invaded by Hitler.

The why did you do it? If you had a reason, I don't know why you wouldn't share that.

Cochise
02-03-2007, 11:22 AM
The why did you do it? If you had a reason, I don't know why you wouldn't share that.

It seems obvious that CC was getting more attention than him and that was the basis for the animosity.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:23 AM

He's annoying. Then he started squealing, and I'm like Pavlov's dogs when someone squeals over negative rep.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:24 AM
It seems obvious that CC was getting more attention than him and that was the basis for the animosity.

This is an amusing theory. How is silently neg repping someone going to get me more attention?

Donger
02-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Finally, someone who gets it.

For someone who doesn't care about it, it sure seems as if you like to use it with frequency and a purpose.

I think you should lose your rep giving priviledge permanently.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:26 AM
For someone who doesn't care about it, it sure seems as if you like to use it with frequency and a purpose.

I wouldn't give two shits.

Phobia
When people start abusing the rep system, I always just made their rep negative max. That way their negative reps had no effect. I think the precedent is in place, FWIW.

Joie
Don't send CrazyCoffey any negative rep. He'll **** your shit up.

Did Mommy make you some warm milk to help you feel better last night? I know this whole thing must be very traumatic for you. Poor little guy.

Donger
02-03-2007, 11:27 AM
This is an amusing theory. How is silently neg repping someone going to get me more attention?

By getting the new member who is being neg repped for no apparent reason and explanation to complain about it on the board, obviously.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:29 AM
By getting the new member who is being neg repped for no apparent reason and explanation to complain about it on the board, obviously.

Eh, no way I could've predicted that. This has nothing to do with attention.

And if it does, you're all pawns in my little game, anyway. :D

Nzoner
02-03-2007, 11:31 AM

That's some positive rep right there :D

Joie

So now you're comparing yourself to Hitler? Pompous asshat aren't you?

Simplex3
When people start abusing the rep system, I always just made their rep negative max. That way their negative reps had no effect. I think the precedent is in place, FWIW.
I'll second that motion.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:32 AM

I'm also incredibly arrogant.

Release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me!

Donger
02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't give two shits.

Fair enough. What say you mods?

It seems equitable.

Frazod
02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Eh, no way I could've predicted that. This has nothing to do with attention.

And if it does, you're all pawns in my little game, anyway. :D

As much as you hate Skip, I'd really think you wouldn't want to act like him. :shake:

Joie
02-03-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm also incredibly arrogant.

Release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me!

Hitler offed himself. When can we expect that from you?

Nzoner
02-03-2007, 11:36 AM

He's hoping for a new most arrogant planeteer poll to get just a little more attention.

Calcountry
02-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Donger is truly the Columbo of Chiefsplanet.ROFL:clap: Excellent! Rep worhthy.

Donger
02-03-2007, 11:38 AM
ROFL:clap: Excellent! Rep worhthy.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I had to look that up.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Hitler offed himself. When can we expect that from you?

Hitler only offed himself because he knew he was screwed.

Donger
02-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Well, you can rest easy then.

Calcountry
02-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Hitler only offed himself because he knew he was screwed.And WHY was he screwed?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:42 AM
And WHY was he screwed?

They obviously didn't have negative rep back then. Duh.

Nzoner
02-03-2007, 11:43 AM

At least Hitler could say he got screwed.

Bowser
02-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Jesus.

KChiefer
02-03-2007, 11:45 AM
At least Hitler could say he got screwed.

Niiiiiccccceeee! ROFL

Bowser
02-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Crazeycoffey, might I suggest logging in on someone else's computer under a new identity for a week. Moooosbastardchild is taken, though.

Phobia
02-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Crazeycoffey, might I suggest logging in on someone else's computer under a new identity for a week. Moooosbastardchild is taken, though.

Monkeyfindthefood? :shrug:

Baby Lee
02-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Oh, it's about contribution?

When have you ever contributed anything but sophomoric artificial drama.

Years of these overstuffed threads where you say "hmmm, must be something going on" only to open it and find another GoChiefs beefing with someone over something stupid and contrived. So you know you can move on to another thread without worrying about missing anything interesting.

From a contribution POV, overall, you make this a worse place.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 11:50 AM

You can't be serious.

Phobia
02-03-2007, 11:54 AM

Sophomoric is what this place is all about. It's the sophomoronic that is over-the-top.

I disagree, he contributs plenty to the site - plenty of negative but also a lot of positive. In terms of balance - it's arguable I suppose.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Oh, it's about contribution?

When have you ever contributed anything but sophomoric artificial drama.

Years of these overstuffed threads where you say "hmmm, must be something going on" only to open it and find another GoChiefs beefing with someone over something stupid and contrived. So you know you can move on to another thread without worrying about missing anything interesting.

Hmm, if we had a guy like that around here he'd be a constant irritation.

mfkrush
02-03-2007, 12:11 PM
That is about the most masculine thing you can do. Is your name shirley?

stumppy
02-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I can't believe some people on here think Goatboy should be banned because he was neg repping Crazycocoapuffs or WTF his name is.
Where have you all been this last month ?It seems like every other SOB on the planet has been neg repping, picking at, or just waiting for the oppurtunity to jump somebodys ass here lately.
Like Morph and Zach said , this place would be a graveyard if they banned every prick and/or idiot on here. ( Question: Can a mod ban himself or would they have to ban eachother at the same time ?)
Banning a member because they neg repped someone too much ?? Get real.

On a side note:

This in no way means I have changed my opinion of Goatboy. I still think he'll never move out of his parents basement. And at one point in his life he will become a serial killer. After he's caught, planet members will start looking in the archives at all of his posts and realize the signs were there all along. If only we had done something.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I can't believe some people on here think Goatboy should be banned because he was neg repping Crazycocoapuffs or WTF his name is.
Where have you all been this last month ?It seems like every other SOB on the planet has been neg repping, picking at, or just waiting for the oppurtunity to jump somebodys ass here lately.
Like Morph and Zach said , this place would be a graveyard if they banned every prick and/or idiot on here. ( Question: Can a mod ban himself or would they have to ban eachother at the same time ?)
Banning a member because they neg repped someone too much ?? Get real.

On a side note:

This in no way means I have changed my opinion of Goatboy. I still think he'll never move out of his parents basement. And at one point in his life he will become a serial killer. After he's caught, planet members will start looking in the archives at all of his posts and realize the signs were there all along. If only we had done something.
I thought we were trying to do something.:))

boogblaster
02-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Ok its nap time kiddies..get your rugs and line up for your anti-freezed kool-aid ....

Rausch
02-03-2007, 02:04 PM
*Yawn*

Joie
02-03-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't care if I get neg rep or not, really it's not going to ruin my weekend. But would some of you wise (snicker) members please enlighten this poor little n00b as to when people are allowed to have opinions on this board.

SPchief
02-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Looks like I missed alot last night.

58-4ever
02-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't care if I get neg rep or not, really it's not going to ruin my weekend. But would some of you wise (snicker) members please enlighten this poor little n00b as to when people are allowed to have opinions on this board.

Opinions are always allowed and welcome on this board. That's what makes it entertaining. However, when sexually frustrated momma's boys try and pick fights because their lives are pathetic and empty, this place gets it gets a bit irritating to people with rational thoughts and opinions.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Looks like I missed alot last night.
You weren't here to control coffee. I blame you.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Opinions are always allowed and welcome on this board. That's what makes it entertaining. However, when sexually frustrated momma's boys try and pick fights because their lives are pathetic and empty, this place gets it gets a bit irritating to people with rational thoughts and opinions.

ROFL

Now I was picking a fight. People will invent anything.

SPchief
02-03-2007, 03:09 PM
You weren't here to control coffee. I blame you.

Sorry to let you down.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Sorry to let you down.
Eh, he'll be back in a week.

SPchief
02-03-2007, 03:11 PM
ROFL

I wasn't around last night, but endlessly neg repping someone could possibly be construed as picking a fight.

SPchief
02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Eh, he'll be back in a week.

I belive he is already back under a new name.

Count Zarth
I wasn't around last night, but endlessly neg repping someone could possible be construed as picking a fight.

Only by retards. I'm a peace-loving elf.

Simplex3
I belive he is already back under a new name.
Good for him.

58-4ever
ROFL

Picking a fight, getting under his skin, prodding him, teasing, general dumbassery, call it what you will. It doesn't change the fact that you are a frustrated child with photoshop skills that keep you in the favor of a few posters.

KcMizzou
02-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I wasn't around last night, but endlessly neg repping someone could possibly be construed as picking a fight.True, but on the other hand... throwing a screaming, crying hissy fit over "rep" doesn't call for much sympathy either.

58-4ever
02-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Only by observant and rational people. I'm a cock-loving fatass.

Fixed your post

Simplex3
Picking a fight, getting under his skin, prodding him, teasing, general dumbassery, call it what you will. It doesn't change the fact that you are a frustrated child with photoshop skills that keep you in the favor of a few posters.
So if I pay a real graphic artist to do what little this unknown poster does will everyone vote to ban him for life?

Joie
This doesn't really answer my question. What I would like to know is when the "n00b" insults stop everytime someone that hasn't been here a long time has an opinion.

Count Zarth
Picking a fight, getting under his skin, prodding him, teasing, general dumbassery, call it what you will.

You do realize of course that teasing on this site is not limited to me?

Coffey is a little bitch. I USED TO BE JUST LIKE HIM.

Bill Parcells
02-03-2007, 03:15 PM
I think coffey was wrong for posting the personal shit,and deserved the 1 week timeout..however..if rep is so meaningless to Goatboy(like he continuously says)..then I agree with Phobia..bottom him out at -32,767..thats what happened the last time him and Skip went at it.it seems to have worked.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 03:15 PM
I LOVE DOG BALLS

What?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 03:16 PM
So if I pay a real graphic artist to do what little this unknown poster does will everyone vote to ban him for life?

Stop being ignorant. Everyone's aware of my fabulous videos.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 03:16 PM
True, but on the other hand... throwing a screaming, crying hissy fit over "rep" doesn't call for much sympathy either.
Something tells me coffee may have been drinking and overreacted. Bad form on his part.

Besides, the real mistake he made was thinking that someone like that guy that was messing with him even HAS an address or phone number of his own.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
True, but on the other hand... throwing a screaming, crying hissy fit over "rep" doesn't call for much sympathy either.

It's incredible. Where were these people defending me when I reacted like a little bitch when I was getting slapped around in the old days?

Bill Parcells
02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
This doesn't really answer my question. What I would like to know is when the "n00b" insults stop everytime someone that hasn't been here a long time has an opinion.
It's just a hazing period..everybody got the same shit.. ;)

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
It's really just Planet tradition. You'll always be a n00b to someone, but as you learn to fit in the comments will come less often.

We REALLY need that CP wiki for the n00bs.

Count Zarth
Something tells me coffee may have been drinking and overreacted. Bad form on his part.

How convenient. :rolleyes:

I hope Coffey has learned his lesson.

Simplex3
Shut up, n00b.

58-4ever

I wouldn't consider the word nOOb an insult. It's simply a rite of passage. When you get past the moniker and contribute to the board with valid opinions, funny posts, or just general intelligence, you'll feel like a valuable nOOb. In fact, I see a lot of potential in you Ms. Joie.

Count Zarth

Shut up n00b. :)

58-4ever
02-03-2007, 03:19 PM

We can only hope.

Bill Parcells
02-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Shut up n00b. :)

Shut up, n00b.

NO....that's N+O = NO! :)

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't consider the word nOOb an insult. It's simply a rite of passage. When you get past the moniker and contribute to the board with valid opinions, funny posts, or just general intelligence, you'll feel like a valuable nOOb. In fact, I see a lot of potential in you Ms. Joie.
You can't even spell n00b right and you want her to take advice from YOU?

n00b

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 03:22 PM
I AM THE EVIL NEG REP MASTER OF CHIEFSPLANET. HIDE YOUR WOMEN AND CHILDREN. I CAN STRIKE AT ANY MOMENT. ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR. INCUR MY WRATH AT YOUR OWN PERIL, FOOLISH MORTALS!!!

Simplex3
NO....that's N+O = NO! :)
Who's that other guy you quoted?

Joie

Thanks guys. I figured as much. Maybe it'll help once football season comes back around and there are more intersting subjects. I hear there's a game tommorrow in fact.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks guys. I figured as much. Maybe it'll help once football season comes back around and there are more intersting subjects. I hear there's a game tommorrow in fact.
You're still going to break aces' heart and not leave, then I'm going to have to run you out of town. This doesn't change that.

58-4ever
02-03-2007, 03:23 PM
You can't even spell n00b right and you want her to take advice from YOU?

n00b

What? How is my spelling different from yours. Please enlighten me Simplex.

Bill Parcells
02-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Who's that other guy you quoted?

Shit..I should have just ignored him..eerr..it..

Joie
I AM THE EVIL NEG REP MASTER OF CHIEFSPLANET. HIDE YOUR WOMEN AND CHILDREN. I CAN STRIKE AT ANY MOMENT. ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR. INCUR MY WRATH AT YOUR OWN PERIL, FOOLISH MORTALS!!!

I can hide the kids, but as the woman of the house, I'll have to take you on myself.

Bill Parcells
you used OOOO..you're suppose to use 0000 ROFL

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 03:25 PM
n-zero-zero-b

Freaking n00b. :shake:

Count Zarth
I can hide the kids, but as the woman of the house, I'll have to take you on myself.

I only give out negative rep to women if they're ugly.

SPchief
I'm off to work. Hopefully this thread reaches 1000 while I'm there.

Simplex3
Pussy.

58-4ever
n00b. nOOb. OK, I get it.

Joie
02-03-2007, 03:26 PM
You're still going to break aces' heart and not leave, then I'm going to have to run you out of town. This doesn't change that.

If I change my mind and break his heart, I will understand your position.

Simplex3
n00b. nOOb. OK, I get it.
Sure you do.

Count Zarth
I think we should unban Coffey immediately. I bet he's learned his lesson.

58-4ever

But his penis must always be hidden from all women, ugly or otherwise.

SPchief
Pussy.

heh

Joie
02-03-2007, 03:27 PM

I'll do what I can. I took a three day weekend.

58-4ever
Sure you do.

You're right. The translation is waaaaaaaaaaay too complicated for my simple n00b mind.

Simplex3
If I change my mind and break his heart, I will understand your position.
Cool. You don't have a daughter that's addicted to meth do you? If not then I'll talk to SPchief about making you an official Night Crew member. I think you have potential...

...for what I have no idea.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 03:28 PM
But his penis must always be hidden from all women, ugly or otherwise.

Women turn to pillars of salt when they see my sodom and gomorrah penis.

GO AHEAD AND MAKE A SODOMY JOKE MORONS

Joie

Since you've already given me neg rep, I'll take that as an insult. Although if you hand out some positive I may be able to forgive.

58-4ever

But think of poor old grandpa and all the flaming poop that will inevitably land on his porch.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Since you've already given me neg rep, I'll take that as an insult. Although if you hand out some positive I may be able to forgive.

When did I give you negative rep?

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Here's a tip on how to make your Planet experience more enjoyable:

Let's say there was a poster who was an immature fatbody who lived with his parents and had no respect for other human beings. I know we don't have anyone like that, but assume we did.

Find a post by said person and click the "Profile" button beneath their post. Then, in the lower left corner of the Profile page you'll see a link to add said fictional person to your ignore list.

Viola, problem solved.

Joie
02-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Cool. You don't have a daughter that's addicted to meth do you? If not then I'll talk to SPchief about making you an official Night Crew member. I think you have potential...

...for what I have no idea.

Haven't had kids myself yet, and the stepkids are clean. I'd be honored to be a member of the Night Crew.

Joie
02-03-2007, 03:34 PM
When did I give you negative rep?

yesterday I think. Do you hand out so much you don't even remember?

DaFace
02-03-2007, 03:35 PM

You actually might have a point. He's probably lost out on more posts than most of us would put up in a week.

58-4ever
02-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Haven't had kids myself yet, and the stepkids are clean. I'd be honored to be a member of the Night Crew.

I think you have to describe one of your poops in detail to be a part of the Night Crew.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 03:37 PM
yesterday I think. Do you hand out so much you don't even remember?

I rarely hand out negative rep, or rep of any sort.