PDA

View Full Version : Okay you cheap assholes, how much do you usually tip?

SNR
02-03-2007, 12:23 PM
No poll will be included because of the many different instances that require different amounts.

How much do you give the pizza guy? How about the cute waitress at the truck stop? The waiter at a fine restaurant? A cheap hooker? An expensive hooker? How about your barber, or do you tip him/her at all? Do you have a flat rate (10%, 15%, no exceptions) and does it apply to all places where you would usually tip?

I can say that I delivered pizza in high school for a year, and after that I got a job at a Chinese restaurant and made deliveries there. I met some really cheap assholes. If their order were $19.98 they'd give me a 20 and ask for their two cents back. Luckily the Chinese place charged $1.50 for delivery, so I at least got SOME wage for my deliveries, but still. Those jobs made me appreciate spendy tippers. With the price of gas these days I always make sure I give the pizza guy at least $3.00 extra no matter the size of my order. If it's bad weather/late at night I'll go even further and chip in 4, 5, or 6 bucks sometimes.

At restaurants I usually tip according to quality of service. If the waitress/waiter is nice and timely, I'll make sure I give her at least 20%. If I'm eating with a larger group of people and we all have seperate orders, I'll give him/her at least $2.50 extra. Large groups are always tough at they deserve more than just a top off on the dollar. However, a couple times I've gotten extremely poor service, including an instance when the whore of a waitress made a huge deal out of the fact that I simply asked for an ice cream sundae when there were none on the menu. Really, how hard would that be to make? In those cases I tip exactly nothing and leave a note behind sharing my grievance.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I never tip at restaurants. It's a social construct. I tip my barber though.

mfkrush
02-03-2007, 12:26 PM
How about the cute waitress at the truck stop?

I would never be at a truckstop, can you please rephrase the entire post to work around that known information?

Count Zarth
We've had this thread before, BTW.

Simplex3
I always put it all the way in.

Oh, s**t, wrong thread again. Sorry.

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I never tip at restaurants. It's a social construct.
It is a social construct based on people trying to earn their way. Not everyone lives of their parents.

mfkrush
02-03-2007, 12:27 PM

Did he squeel?

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Did he squeel?
SHE wasn't Japanese.

Kraut
02-03-2007, 12:28 PM

Oh, s**t, wrong thread again. Sorry.
ROFL :clap:

88TG88
02-03-2007, 12:29 PM
4 bucks

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 12:29 PM
It is a social construct based on people trying to earn their way. Not everyone lives of their parents.

Regardless of who is paying, I don't tip at restaurants.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 12:30 PM
4 bucks
That's an awful lot of deer meat. How do you get in in your wallet?

mfkrush
02-03-2007, 12:30 PM

Do you tip at Truck Stops? They are not considered restaurants.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Do you tip at Truck Stops? They are not considered restaurants.

That depends on how many times I get raped in the bathroom by horny, bearded truckers.

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Do you go to any places regularly?

Don't.

I am not joking.

mfkrush
02-03-2007, 12:32 PM
http://www.rmhckc.org/ready/images/img_ready.jpg

He doesn't have a beard.........this is where it gets interesting.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Do you go to any places regularly?

Don't.

I am not joking.

I don't go out that often so it is not a concern.

Count Zarth
http://www.rmhckc.org/ready/images/img_ready.jpg

He doesn't have a beard.........this is where it gets interesting.

He's also not a trucker.

cdcox

You're dead wrong on this issue. Their wage paid by thier employer is based on the assumption that you are paying a part of their wage. If this "social construct" was removed, your meal at a sit down resturant would be a few dollars more expensive. You're just cheap, and show a disrespect to the people that serve you.

KChiefer
02-03-2007, 12:34 PM

The question is, do his parents leave a tip?

Phobia
02-03-2007, 12:34 PM
I tip pizza delivery $2 for a pizza and a buck for each additional pizza.

I tip wait staff 15-25% depending on the level of their service and their ability to play along with my sense of humor without going over-the-top. Strange, isn't it?

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 12:35 PM
You're just cheap, and show a disrespect to the people that serve you.

I don't care about those people anyway, so I'd rather save the money. It's all bullshit. It's socially acceptable not to tip other people who perform similar jobs.

mfkrush
02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I always tip a waitress at a sports bar really good but other places it really isn't all that much.

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Aside from this... have been reading a great blog called WaiterRant.net written by a guy who works at an upscale place in NY. Fantastic read.

It’s a slow Monday night and I snag my first table. Seated is a hirsute middle aged man projecting an air of superiority that makes me want to pull out my pepper mill and club him over the head like a baby seal.

Hirsute says a shade too politely, “And how are you today young man?”

“I’m fine sir and how are you?” I reply. I look at his wife. She sports a blank expression.

Nodding his head solemnly he says. “What a shame you are working on such a slow night. You can’t really be making much money. That’s got to be tough for you.” There’s a faux therapeutic quality to his speech.

In a flash I have this guy’s number. Having spent years in analysis he’s adopted the “I see all and know all” mannerisms of his shrink because he desperately lacks a personality of his own. Therapy junkies are bad customers. They therapize every situation and try and use what they learn on the couch to manipulate the people around them. Pointing out our age difference and remarking on the night’s economics is his way of establishing dominance.

Surprise asshole – I was in analysis too. Luckily my therapist wasn’t the “suck Woody Allen dry” variety that infests Manhattan. Marty was one of the good guys and he taught me all the tricks.

“The night is what it is sir,” I reply keeping my face neutral. I give him no room to maneuver.

Realizing his domination attempt’s been blunted he tries a different approach. Pointing to the wine menu he asks, “What kind of grape is in the Barolo?”

“Nebbiolo sir.”

“Yes but it’s a blend of grapes. Can you name the others?”

It’s a trick question. “Barolo is made only from Nebbiolo grapes sir.”

“Are you sure?” he asks.

“Well I’m a beer guy but I’m sure about the Barolo,” I reply smiling. Humor is another neutralizing tactic.

“I think you’re wrong.” he ripostes.

“Well that’s where we’re at,” I reply simply

Hirsute looks confused. He is supposed to be controlling the situation with whatever crap he learned through years of navel gazing on the couch. I’m not getting flustered or angry – just shutting his bullshit down with some verbal jujitsu.

“Well I’ll have a beer in any case,” he says. What a surprise. He probably can’t afford Barolo after his therapist’s through billing him.

“But of course sir.”

I take their orders. They devour the appetizers and I bring out the entrees. Sesame encrusted yellowfin tuna in a sweet balsamic reduction sauce. Yummy.

Kraut
02-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I don't believe in tipping.....

mfkrush
02-03-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't believe in tipping.....

DAMNIT being a newb I cannot give rep.

+ Rep

KChiefer
I tip pizza delivery $2 for a pizza and a buck for each additional pizza.

I tip wait staff 15-25% depending on the level of their service and their ability to play along with my sense of humor without going over-the-top. Strange, isn't it?

That's a good rule for the pizza guy. I delivered pizza and of course I hated stiffers, but at the same time someone giving you $5 to bring them one pizza is a bit much.

cdcox
I don't care about those people anyway,

Exacty. Your loss.

so I'd rather save the money. It's all bullshit. It's socially acceptable not to tip other people who perform similar jobs.

A higher percentage of their wages are paid by their employers.

SNR
That's an awful lot of deer meat. How do you get in in your wallet?Boo

Kraut
02-03-2007, 12:42 PM
DAMNIT being a newb I cannot give rep.

+ Rep
thanks for the thought ......

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 12:42 PM
A higher percentage of their wages are paid by their employers.

There's no denying that servers get dicked but it's not my responsibility to make up for it.

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I am serving at a country club right now while the photog thing finds its legs.

I am in a unique situation where 15% automatically gets taken out of every check and goes to me...you have the option to write on (because its based on member accounts not cash) more. And people often do.

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 12:44 PM
There's no denying that servers get dicked but it's not my responsibility to make up for it.
No, servers don't get dicked. They only get dicked when you pay the bill.

Luckially that isn't that often. You are not man enough to live on your own or pay your own way for anything.

Phobia
02-03-2007, 12:45 PM
You should get a Nascar hat and a mullet so kcchiefsman can be right.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Boo
Yeah, that's the first bad joke that's been told around here.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 12:46 PM
No, servers don't get dicked. They only get dicked when you pay the bill.

Luckially that isn't that often. You are not man enough to live on your own or pay your own way for anything.

C'mon, don't make this personal. Don't act like you know everything about me either. Play nice, Z.

KChiefer
I am in a unique situation where 15% automatically gets taken out of every check and goes to me...you have the option to write on (because its based on member accounts not cash) more. And people often do.

GoChiefs. Do you protest if 15% is automatically added? Or do you perfer to just take on the defenseless?

Count Zarth
GoChiefs. Do you protest if 15% is automatically added? Or do you perfer to just take on the defenseless?

I don't eat at places that nice.

|Zach|
C'mon, don't make this personal. Don't act like you know everything about me either. Play nice, Z.
It is personal. It is about you.

You are not man enough to live on your own.

That is the beginning and end.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 12:48 PM
It is personal. It is about you.

You are not man enough to live on your own.

That is the beginning and end.

Whatever. Next time I eat out I'm not even going to pay at all.

SPchief
02-03-2007, 12:48 PM

Reason number 14106 that you suck at life.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I changed my mind. Starting today I'm going to tip 28.673 percent on every bill. I'm a changed man. THANKYOU JESUS!

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Whatever. Next time I eat out I'm not even going to pay at all.
Thats not a problem....that waiter or waitress will keep on going living life.

And you will go back to your parents house. Where they enable you to not really live a life at all.

JonesCrusher
02-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Pizza guy 5$
Wait staff 15-25%

SNR
02-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that's the first bad joke that's been told around here.Fair point. But you have to admit, that one stunk to high heaven.

SNR
02-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I changed my mind. Starting today I'm going to tip 28.673 percent on every bill. I'm a changed man. THANKYOU JESUS!How noble of you...

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Fair point. But you have to admit, that one stunk to high heaven.
I won't argue that.

kstater
02-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Delivered Pizza's while in college. Hated Stiffers but learned to deal with it. The rich people usually make up for it. Made a lot of money while delivering.

I usually tip two dollars for pizza and 10-25% in resteraunts depending on service.

I do have one complaint. I now see tip jars in places like starbucks. IMO someone getting me a cup of coffee doesn't need a tip. I even saw a tip jar at a Burger King drive through once. Threw my gum wrapper in that one.

Phobia
02-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I do have one complaint. I now see tip jars in places like starbucks. IMO someone getting me a cup of coffee doesn't need a tip. I even saw a tip jar at a Burger King drive through once. Threw my gum wrapper in that one.
I agree. I won't tip them.

I usually tip a buck or so at places where I get my own food - cafe's and buffets.

cdcox
02-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Servers 15% - 20%, maybe a little more unless the service is poor in which case I might tip 10% or so.

Haircut $2
Taxi driver $2 or 10% whichever is greater
Hotel maid $2 per night if I stay more than one night.
Pizza guy $2-3

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:06 PM
i ususally don't tip because with gas prices so high I can barely put food on the table for my family let alone the servers.

NewChief
02-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Drank for free in college most of the time due to knowing my bartenders. I usually tipped 75% of my estimated tab back then, unless I was broke, then sometimes I'd tip "normal."

Now I usually tip at least 20%, but I'll occasionally drop below if the service really sucks.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 01:08 PM
i ususally don't tip because with gas prices so high I can barely put food on the table for my family let alone the servers.
...yet you're eating out instead of cooking at home...

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:11 PM
well being poor doesn't mean I can't treat my wife and I a night out.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Maybe it should if you can't do it without hosing someone else.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:16 PM
I don't eat at places that nice.
That's because you don't have to tip at McDonald's.

Stupid Troll

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:19 PM
The waitresses don't adjust the gas prices though. And they are working thier ass off for YOU.

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Maybe it should if you can't do it without hosing someone else.

most people understand times are tough.

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I guess I am from a different era I believe in a firm handshake and a smile not dollar bills.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:22 PM
I guess I am from a different era I believe in a firm handshake and a smile not dollar bills.
That is why it is called GRATUITY.

Simplex3
02-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Do you at least let them know "hey man, times are hard for me and I can't really tip you that well, but I wanted to let you know you did a great job. Thanks."

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I do leave some "book it" coupons that my son earned by reading books in school. The waiters at pizza hut seem to like that.

kstater
02-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Do you at least let them know "hey man, times are hard for me and I can't really tip you that well, but I wanted to let you know you did a great job. Thanks."

Probably not, he's just trying to justify why he is cheap.

|Zach|
02-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Maybe you shouldn't be eating out? You can't afford it.

Spott
02-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I have never seen a "cute" truckstop waitress.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I have never seen a "cute" truckstop waitress.
You've been to the wrong truckstops.

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I ususally am forced to eat out because they shut my power off once every couple of months, I get by, but the old demon doesn't get around like he used too.

cdcox
02-03-2007, 01:29 PM
I agree. I won't tip them.

I usually tip a buck or so at places where I get my own food - cafe's and buffets.

I have a favorite Chinese place that I hit 3-4 times a month. It is counter service on plastic plates and utensils. They bring your food to the table, but that's it. I used to not tip there, but the counter girl now recognizes me and places my usual order with the kitchen without me having to ask for it. So I drop a couple quarters into the tip jar (about 10%) of the bill out of appreciation.

Spott
I never tip at takeout places with the little tip jars on the counter. I don't frequent Starbucks very often, but I can't believe they charge 4 bucks for a cup of coffee and still put a tip jar out.

Demonpenz
Most people realize how tough the times are with 9-11 and katrina not much money to go around these days. It used to be when I was younger all you needed was a strong back to earn a wage. Now it seems like the piece of the american dream is harder and harder to get.

Spott
02-03-2007, 01:30 PM
You've been to the wrong truckstops.

Truckstop waitresses=Waffle House waitresses

KcMizzou
02-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I do leave some "book it" coupons that my son earned by reading books in school. The waiters at pizza hut seem to like that.
LMAO

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I used to take off late fees from fat ugly ladies at blockbuster, if you were unfortunte looking you got a break, but if you were hot you are paying for your late fees damnit because you probably got off of a speeding ticket by showing your breasts on the way over

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I ususally am forced to eat out because they shut my power off once every couple of months, I get by, but the old demon doesn't get around like he used too.
Eat sandwiches and pay your bills....with more than a handshake and a book-it certificate. The electric company doesn't accept those as payment.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Truckstop waitresses=Waffle House waitresses
True but occasionally one is cute before the job makes her ugly.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:35 PM
or they go to Hooters

KChiefer
02-03-2007, 01:36 PM

You could get a job waiting tables. Then you'll ball out!!! :)

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Eat sandwiches and pay your bills....with more than a handshake and a book-it certificate. The electric company doesn't accept those as payment.

I realize that... The hard way infact. If there is one thing i have learned is the electric company don't give you no breaks. Especially if your a poor person like me. Used to be we played for the name on the front, not the back, I guess times change, but I don't understand these kids. Talking back to our elders was not allowed now with their rap music and their 20 or so channels on tv they think they can do whatever they want to. I guess stuff changes awe hell demon isn't so young anymore I just liked it the way it was when my dad would take me for a rootbeer on wed. He would say if you are really good I will get some circus peanuts later. Back then my dad had a heavy addiction to jim beam Hell we were kicked out of that montgomery ward more than a few times.

KcMizzou
02-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I realize that... The hard way infact. If there is one thing i have learned is the electric company don't give you no breaks. Especially if your a poor person like me. Used to be we played for the name on the front, not the back, I guess times change, but I don't understand these kids. Talking back to our elders was not allowed now with their rap music and their 20 or so channels on tv they think they can do whatever they want to. I guess stuff changes awe hell demon isn't so young anymore I just liked it the way it was when my dad would take me for a rootbeer on wed. He would say if you are really good I will get some circus peanuts later. Back then my dad had a heavy addiction to jim beam Hell we were kicked out of that montgomery ward more than a few times.'Heartwarming story.

You're on a roll today.

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:38 PM
You could get a job waiting tables. Then you'll ball out!!! :)

I wish I could work, doctor says I can't really do any phyiscal labor anymore. With the amount of rocks I cracked over 30 years I guess my back can't take it anymore. I guess I will have to live with the pain and I wish I had the money to tip, but we all know shit aint going to change until bush is out.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Don't blame Bush. Others have been able to overcome him.

KChiefer
02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I wish I could work, doctor says I can't really do any phyiscal labor anymore. With the amount of rocks I cracked over 30 years I guess my back can't take it anymore. I guess I will have to live with the pain and I wish I had the money to tip, but we all know shit aint going to change until bush is out.

There you go. Just tell the waitstaff you hate Bush too. They'll knock %10 off your bill, lol.

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I don't really blame bush but i find it sad that the same china guys we were fighting back in my day bush now sends him our jobs I guess stuff isn't the way it was.

chief52
02-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I had great service from a sweet waitress where I often eat last night. The Bill was $27 and I left her $8. It is worth it to me as I eat there a lot and she remembers. I could not ask for better service or a sweeter smile each time I go in there. She also never forgets to come over shortly after I have started my meal to ask, " Is everything alright? Is there anything else I can get you"? That goes a long way with me. I hate when they forget something and you can not get their attention until the meal is nearly over.

chief52
02-03-2007, 01:47 PM
In those cases I tip exactly nothing and leave a note behind sharing my grievance.

My friends own a restraunt. That is something they appreciate. If someone stiffs the help, they want to know why. Just stiffing them does not tell the owner much...the guy was probably just cheap. If the service was that bad that the waitress deserved to be stiffed, what exactly happened? Food? Service? Hospitality? Let then know as you say.

kstater
02-03-2007, 01:47 PM
"I hate when they forget something and you can not get their attention until the meal is nearly over."

I agree, they forget about you until it is time to bring the check and get a tip.

KcMizzou
02-03-2007, 01:49 PM
"I hate when they forget something and you can not get their attention until the meal is nearly over."

I agree, they forget about you until it is time to bring the check and get a tip.I've had it the other way too though. Once in a while you'll get one that checks up on you every 3 minutes... to the point where you just want to be left alone.

As long as my drink gets refilled when it's low, I'm satisfied.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't really blame bush but i find it sad that the same china guys we were fighting back in my day bush now sends him our jobs I guess stuff isn't the way it was.
So your job went to China? I thought it was because of your back. No wait ...Bush. Damn, I'm confused again. Are you sure it's not because of you?

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:52 PM

I agree, they forget about you until it is time to bring the check and get a tip.
They lose my tip for that.

acesn8s
02-03-2007, 01:55 PM
I've had it the other way too though. Once in a while you'll get one that checks up on you every 3 minutes... to the point where you just want to be left alone.

As long as my drink gets refilled when it's low, I'm satisfied.
I agree. Usaully I'm trying to converse with those that I am sitting with and don't need to be interrupted constantly.

KChiefer
02-03-2007, 01:56 PM
So your job went to China? I thought it was because of your back. No wait ...Bush. Damn, I'm confused again. Are you sure it's not because of you?

I agree that there's some rationalizing going on, but I'd lay off. One could just say I don't beleive in tipping, or I don't want to spend my allowance on tipping :rolleyes: , but he isn't hiding behind that.

NewChief
02-03-2007, 02:00 PM
One sure thing is that Demonpenz is going to eat good tonight. He caught a few whoppers while trolling today.

KChiefer
02-03-2007, 02:02 PM
One sure thing is that Demonpenz is going to eat good tonight. He caught a few whoppers while trolling today.

Did he just cast out his FOS line for us to swallow?

NewChief
02-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Did he just cast out his FOS line for us to swallow?

In this (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=156662&page=3&highlight=chiefsplanet+song) thread Phil had this to say about DP.
You should only believe about 1/3rd of his posts.

Phobia
02-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Heh heh. DP is about 25, isn't married, and doesn't have any kids.

Count Zarth
02-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Demonpenz rules.

KChiefer
02-03-2007, 02:19 PM
DP...? Is this true???? How could you??? :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :thumb:

PS: I hate BSers

boogblaster
02-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Tip, hell thats my neighbors dogs name..he's only 15 to 20 % alive old fu*ker can't even stand to shit..he don't need money he needs some hot-lead...

Frazod
02-03-2007, 02:27 PM
For excellent service, around 20%.

For good service, around 15%

For mediocre and below, 10% and under.

RJ
02-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Having done my time working in the business I always tip well. For table service 20-25%, a buck or two, maybe more, per round for a bartender, depending on how many drinks in a round. Two bucks for the pizza guy, two bucks for the barber....I'm pretty much bald so $2 is generous.

Years ago I was working as a bartender on a quiet night. A couple of guys sitting at the bar were discussing tip etiquette and what is an appropriate rule of thumb. Another guy, a regular customer, was sitting a few stools down listening to the conversation. After a while he turns to them and authoratatively pronounces...

"Any man who doesn't tip 20% is a f***ing p**sy!".

Good words to remember the next time you're not sure how much to leave.

Demonpenz
02-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I worked as a service guy in high school. It sucked and it has it's own world that is for sure. I tip pretty well but i ususally don't eat out. I ususally tip well for good service at the bar. They keep the whiskeys coming they get the green. I remember in the last thread we had about this we had the I got really pissed off because people were talking about coming into restaurants late. One point from that story that i try to take from is your shift is over when it is over not a minute early. Now in some weird way i really take that to heart and give everything 100 % half assed.

Joie
02-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I almost always tip unless the service is truly horrible. Generally $2 for the pizza guy, haircut will range $2-5 depending on how much I like it and whether it was shampooed. Restaurants depend solely on the level of service.

RNR
02-03-2007, 02:53 PM
On average 20% unless the service is bad, then it can range from 15% to nothing.

Short Leash Hootie
02-03-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm sure your servers enjoy paying to wait on you...

Usually tip out 3% of your total bill...so if you spend 30 dollars at a restaurant and don't tip it costs your server 0.90 to wait on you...

nychief
02-03-2007, 03:01 PM

You are a ****ing loser.

Simply Red
02-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Always 20%...

StcChief
02-03-2007, 03:04 PM
It's still based on service and type rest/bar.

Minimum 10% if service is bad (since the waitress is charged or to report on taxes for 8%). .

15-20% normally.

Braincase
02-03-2007, 03:16 PM
20% is easy for my simple mind to handle.