PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL: K-State @ Kansas, 2/7, 8 p.m.***

Pages : [1] 2

leviw
02-04-2007, 02:00 AM
It's never too early. Get your pregame smack in now.

Can the Cats make it two in a row at Allen Fieldhouse?
Can the Hawks make it two in a row over the Cats?

Go...

SPchief
02-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Yes it can be to early.

Kerberos
02-04-2007, 08:13 AM
***OFFICIAL: K-State @ Kansas, 2/7, 8 p.m.***

WTFC ???

It's fuggn basketball. :Lin:

Saulbadguy
02-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Who is going?

Kerberos
02-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Who is going?

Hey Saul

How many schools you got up there complete with wirelss access as well as wired LAN?

We just had Trapeze come in to 475 and give a demo. Cisco is coming in a week or two.

Just asking your thoughts on if and how you are doing your wireless in T-town school district?

Saulbadguy
02-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Hey Saul

How many schools you got up there complete with wirelss access as well as wired LAN?

We just had Trapeze come in to 475 and give a demo. Cisco is coming in a week or two.

Just asking your thoughts on if and how you are doing your wireless in T-town school district?

I don't work for those worthless ****ers anymore.

Guru
02-04-2007, 09:24 AM
This is WAY to early. Hell, we didnt even have a SB thread yet.

DJay23
02-04-2007, 09:29 AM
It isn't too early. The kitty fans have been purring and sharpening their claws for this one since March last year when Huggins was hired.

I say KU buries the purple pussies early and the kitty cats pull close late, but it's never a game.

KU 68
KSU 60

Kerberos
02-04-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't work for those worthless ****ers anymore.

LMAO

Difference in opinion??? Or just fed up with all the BS?

I can't complain... Hell I made $15,750 in OT alone last year. This year I am shooting for $20K. :thumb:

Sorry to hear that .... Whatcha doing now to bring home the bacon if I may ask?

ArrowheadHawk
02-04-2007, 09:32 AM
It isn't too early. The kitty fans have been purring and sharpening their claws for this one since March last year when Huggins was hired.

I say KU buries the purple pussies early and the kitty cats pull close late, but it's never a game.

KU 68
KSU 60
i hope texas gets the win on monday then we can beat the kitties and be tied for first again

Saulbadguy
02-04-2007, 09:42 AM
LMAO

Difference in opinion??? Or just fed up with all the BS?

I can't complain... Hell I made $15,750 in OT alone last year. This year I am shooting for $20K. :thumb:

Sorry to hear that .... Whatcha doing now to bring home the bacon if I may ask?

I work for the state government now.

WilliamTheIrish
02-04-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm in. Bought two GA tix off the KU website on Wednesday.

WilliamTheIrish
02-04-2007, 11:05 AM
I work for the state government now.

Why you gov't teat sucker...

Saulbadguy
02-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Why you gov't teat sucker...
:)

leviw
02-04-2007, 11:39 AM
I just started it so I wouldn't forget on Wednesday. I didn't start the KU/A&M thread and look what happened!

Coach
02-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Hopefully it'll be a good one.

Any ideas what channel the game will be on?

leviw
02-04-2007, 11:44 AM
ESPN+, whatever that means for your area.

Coach
02-04-2007, 11:46 AM
ESPN+, whatever that means for your area.

In other words, Sports Bar for me.

Tanners, anyone?

leviw
02-04-2007, 11:59 AM
In other words, Sports Bar for me.

Tanners, anyone?

If you have basic cable, you should get it.

It will be your Fox or NBC or CBS affiliate, I'm pretty certain.

alanm
02-04-2007, 01:22 PM
FWIW as a independent outside observer. Kansas stomps a mud hole in Kansas St. All I'm saying. :)

Go Creighton :thumb:

SithCeNtZ
02-04-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm in. Bought two GA tix off the KU website on Wednesday.

I would get in line as early as possible WTH otherwise you might not get in.

Saulbadguy
02-04-2007, 06:11 PM
They don't oversell the GA.

SithCeNtZ
02-04-2007, 06:13 PM
They don't oversell the GA.

Yes they do. People were turned away last night in fact.

WilliamTheIrish
02-06-2007, 11:35 AM

Bump-age.

Don't worry about me Centz. Several guys who who work the doors at AFH are old HS classmates of mine. Another guy has been part of floor security/usher for about 20 years.

I'll be inside.

Reerun_KC
02-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Bump-age.

Don't worry about me Centz. Several guys who who work the doors at AFH are old HS classmates of mine. Another guy has been part of floor security/usher for about 20 years.

I'll be inside.

Very Nice.

I wont be as lucky! Should be a great game! Time for KU to put on the HeadGear and mouth pieces, Thuggy and the Forearms are coming to town...

ChiTown
02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Time for KU to put on the HeadGear and mouth pieces, Thuggy and the Forearms are coming to town...

ROFL

You bet your ass they are!

duncan_idaho
02-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm interested to see how Hoskins and Martin do against kU... I could see their strength, experience and versatility giving kU's guys fits... but I also could see kU's length and athleticism shutting them down.

Should be fun to watch...

Reerun_KC
02-06-2007, 12:18 PM
ROFL

You bet your ass they are!

yeah I thought it was pretty funny as well....

should be a hell of a game.

this is what every KU fan wanted, a more competitive rivary and a stronger Big XII..

Win or lose, I hope to see a great game...

I also think they should keep the game rated "R" Thuggy isnt kid friendly...

RockChalk
02-06-2007, 12:54 PM
should be a heck of a ball game.

saul, i must eat crow for all of that sH*t i talked about Huggy and the cats back in september/october. i apologize, i was dead wrong. he's taken the same mediocre talent that Wooly had and made them believe in themselves.

that being said, this game worries me for the first time in years...but KU tends to win when i worry.

KU 78, KSU 65....ku pulls away late.

ChiTown
02-06-2007, 01:19 PM

saul, i must eat crow for all of that sH*t i talked about Huggy and the cats back in september/october. i apologize, i was dead wrong. he's taken the same mediocre talent that Wooly had and made them believe in themselves.

that being said, this game worries me for the first time in years...but KU tends to win when i worry.

Yep

If KU wins it will be in double digit fashion where they are coasting much of the game. If K-State wins, it will be in a nail-biter. That's just the way our games have gone for the most part.

Lzen
02-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Those are not the same players that Wooldridge had. Yeah, there are some leftovers. But Huggins also brought in a lot of talent. And he apparently knows how to coach the existing talent much better.

Still...

KSU 62
KU 71

RockChalk
02-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Yep

If KU wins it will be in double digit fashion where they are coasting much of the game. If K-State wins, it will be in a nail-biter. That's just the way our games have gone for the most part.

nail-biters are my favorite kind. i know as fans we all want an easy win, but it sure makes for a boring game.

if it comes down to the end, i'm not sure it favors us...maybe a little just because we are home, but that is cancelled out by the brilliant coaching of Self.

RockChalk
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Those are not the same players that Wooldridge had. Yeah, there are some leftovers. But Huggins also brought in a lot of talent. And he apparently knows how to coach the existing talent much better.

Still...

KSU 62
KU 71

not to start anything here, but can you name the players Huggins brought in that are meaningful to that team right now?...Bennett?

those leftovers are KStates best players....Martin, Hoskins, Wright, Harris, Stewart....all Woolridge recruits and the guys who make up 85% of the minutes on the floor.

ChiTown
02-06-2007, 01:43 PM

Not even close.

Wooly's recruits make up 78% of the points, and 70% of the minutes Huggin's players are Walker (out for the year), Colon, Bennett and Young.

You obviously haven't seen too many KSU games this year

Reerun_KC
02-06-2007, 01:48 PM
You obviously haven't seen too many KSU games this year

That would be correct, I try and advoid looking at Huggy in that purple barney sweater as much as possible...

No offense.

ChiTown
02-06-2007, 01:52 PM
That would be correct, I try and avoid looking at Huggy in that purple Barney sweater as much as possible...

No offense.

None taken.

Saulbadguy
02-06-2007, 03:51 PM
not to start anything here, but can you name the players Huggins brought in that are meaningful to that team right now?...Bennett?

those leftovers are KStates best players....Martin, Hoskins, Wright, Harris, Stewart....all Woolridge recruits and the guys who make up 85% of the minutes on the floor.
Bennett and Colon have contributed quite a bit in Big XII play as freshman. They are huge defensive presences.

RockChalk
02-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Bennett and Colon have contributed quite a bit in Big XII play as freshman. They are huge defensive presences.

oh i've noticed Bennett, especially of late. i was just pointing out that a majority of the points, minutes, production comes from Wooly's guys.

leviw
02-06-2007, 06:00 PM
oh i've noticed Bennett, especially of late. i was just pointing out that a majority of the points, minutes, production comes from Wooly's guys.

"Wooly's guys" is a funny term, considering one of them said this year (off the record):

"Every loss we had was because of Wooly. Every win we had was to spite Wooly."

Dunit35
02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
what channel is the game on tomorrow night?

RockChalk
02-06-2007, 06:15 PM
"Wooly's guys" is a funny term, considering one of them said this year (off the record):

"Every loss we had was because of Wooly. Every win we had was to spite of Wooly."

no kidding? i wasn't implying that the remaining players liked Wooly. i was just saying they were his recruits/players.

there was an article in the star from one of the grapes saying they respected woolridge, blah blah blah.

i hate the kittens, yet have found myself watching their last couple games...which turned out to be pretty damn good basketball games. i'm happy for my friends who went to kstate. as i said earlier, should be one heck of a game tomorrow.

DJay23
02-06-2007, 06:22 PM

What have we done this year that makes you think we'll pull away late? I think it's more like kick their dicks in for 30 minutes, then stop caring for the last 10, allowing the purple pussies to pull close.

Braincase
02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Section 10, Row 7, Seats 17 & 18.

DJay23
02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
You take up 2 seats? You may want to consider dieting, that can get pretty 'spensive. :p

WilliamTheIrish
02-06-2007, 07:18 PM

Selling out BC?

Saulbadguy
02-06-2007, 08:42 PM

"Every loss we had was because of Wooly. Every win we had was to spite Wooly."
Who said that?

WilliamTheIrish
02-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Who said that?

Off the record. levi can't divulge that. Unless it's a PM...

DJay23
02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I think KU needs to press early and often. Mix it up. Full court, 3/4, half court traps. It worked against Okie State. We need some kind of spark. I have a bad feeling if we don't do something out of the ordinary.

ChiTown
02-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I think KU needs to press early and often. Mix it up. Full court, 3/4, half court traps. It worked against Okie State. We need some kind of spark. I have a bad feeling if we don't do something out of the ordinary.

This team handles the trap and press pretty well. Not sure thats going to be the spark you're looking for.

ChiTown
02-07-2007, 02:17 PM
So, yeah.

Tipoff in 6 hours.

KSU 70
KU 68

CoMoChief
02-07-2007, 02:20 PM
KU needs to trap, they need to run, they need to have Kaun watchin from the bench and Collins needs to start.

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
So, yeah.

Tipoff in 6 hours.

KSU 70
KU 68

You know ChiTown, I wouldnt be surprised, I am one of the biggest beaker homers, almost as big of a KU homer as Saul is and I truly feel that Thuggy and the Forearms will come in and beat KU tonight...

Just a bad feeling. KSU is playing great right now, they are hitting the 3, shooting well from the outside and never giving up.

KU? Good lord, I dont think I have ever witnessed a more talented team just get plain bored on the basketball court. I dont know if it is coaching or what, but just like the a&m game? Why would you give up an 11 point lead in the last couple minutes of the game? They just cant focus.

So KSU 70 KU 66 is not out of the question tonight.

Self just isnt getting it done. Self's teams are just losing to many games. 4-5 losses a season is totally unacceptable.. I hope his chair is getting warm.

Saulbadguy
02-07-2007, 03:49 PM
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1953/thwright2221dnc4.gif

CoMoChief
02-07-2007, 03:50 PM

Thats funny.

GoHuge
02-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Self just isnt getting it done. Self's teams are just losing to many games. 4-5 losses a season is totally unacceptable.. I hope his chair is getting warm.Bitching about losing 4-5 games a year just shows how spoiled KU fans really are. You have no idea how good you have it. Trying living through the Wooly years or being a door mat like most other college teams and then look at how ridiculously bitchy that comment is. Your the reason KU fans are called whiners. Most aren't...people remember dumb shit comments like this and KU fans get tagged with'em.

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 04:04 PM

That was the most retarded miss I have ever seen! Then he laid on the floor acting like he was in some pain.. ROFL

Do you have the one from the KSU game where the guy launched the forearm into the back of the opposing players head?

I would like to see that one as well....

Saulbadguy
02-07-2007, 04:06 PM
That was the most retarded misses I have ever seen! Then he laid on the floor acting like he was in some pain.. ROFL

Do you have the one from the KSU game where the guy launched the forearm into the back of the opposing players head?

Did you notice Ryu launched a hadouken at him?

Here is the Luis Colon gif:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/KingslyZissou/COLON2.gif

CoMoChief
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Bitching about losing 4-5 games a year just shows how spoiled KU fans really are. You have no idea how good you have it. Trying living through the Wooly years or being a door mat like most other college teams and then look at how ridiculously bitchy that comment is. Your the reason KU fans are called whiners. Most aren't...people remember dumb shit comments like this and KU fans get tagged with'em.

What he meant was that KU very well should be undefeated right now if Self wasn't such a dumb****. There is too much talent to lose6-8 games a season.

-Hi low offense is a joke. Why give a big man responsibility in passing the ball down low I dont know. You dont make your big men handle the ball when they dont have too.

-Kaun sucks and will continue to suck tonite as well.

-Collins needs to start over Robinson, its that simple.

-Start Arthur and play small and run people out of the gym. This team is made for it. You can still play tough defense and run the court.

DJay23
02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
This team handles the trap and press pretty well. Not sure thats going to be the spark you're looking for.
Have they been trapped by a team as quick and long as KU? I'm thinking no.

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Bitching about losing 4-5 games a year just shows how spoiled KU fans really are. You have no idea how good you have it. Trying living through the Wooly years or being a door mat like most other college teams and then look at how ridiculously bitchy that comment is. Your the reason KU fans are called whiners. Most aren't...people remember dumb shit comments like this and KU fans get tagged with'em.

Call it what you want, whining, bitching, etc...

yes I know how good I really have it, I could be a Baylor fan. Is it too tough for Self to be held at a higher standard? ORU/Richmond at AFH?

Agian call it what you want, but Kansas fans are spoiled and expect better.... Also, rumors are Alums arent happy either and they are the ones that matter, no a homer like me.

UNC didnt deal with Matt D, very long before they called for Roy... UNC/Duke fans whine more than Kansas fans do.... But they expect to win...

I feel for KSU and having to go through the Woollite era... You guys deserve better as well...

For crying out loud, we are the state of Kansas, all we have is basketball.

CoMoChief
02-07-2007, 04:11 PM
That was the most retarded miss I have ever seen! Then he laid on the floor acting like he was in some pain.. ROFL

I wanna see the one where Arthur Johnson gets rejected by the rim and falls on his ass at Allen Fieldhouse. I can't find that anywhere.

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
What he meant was that KU very well should be undefeated right now if Self wasn't such a dumb****. There is too much talent to lose6-8 games a season.

-Hi low offense is a joke. Why give a big man responsibility in passing the ball down low I dont know. You dont make your big men handle the ball when they dont have too.

-Kaun sucks and will continue to suck tonite as well.

-Collins needs to start over Robinson, its that simple.

-Start Arthur and play small and run people out of the gym. This team is made for it. You can still play tough defense and run the court.

Undefeated? Not hardly.. But I will agree with the rest of your points.

Besides I am in a annoying mood, so just trying to stir the pot a little...

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I wanna see the one where Arthur Johnson gets rejected by the rim and falls on his ass at Allen Fieldhouse. I can't find that anywhere.

That one was classic! I forgot about that one....

DJay23
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Bullshit.

They're called expectations. When your program makes a habit of winning far more than you lose then, it's what you expect. The people who interpret it as being a whiner are what I like to call, "KU's jealous little sisters." I do proudly flaunt the label of "arrogant."

Now while I will say 4-5 losses is a little too much to ask, we certainly should never lose in the double digits.

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Did you notice Ryu launched a hadouken at him?

Here is the Luis Colon gif:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/KingslyZissou/COLON2.gif

No I missed that, but that was just plain mean! What a whack...

Well guys, I am off for home, Good luck to all KU and KSU fans on the game tonight.

Lets have a good one and chat with you all about it tomorrow!

Take care and travel to and from the game safely guys!

Bryan

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Saul?

Can you hook us up?

ChiTown
02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Have they been trapped by a team as quick and long as KU? I'm thinking no.

You are probably right about that.

I just don't think the trap is going to be horribly successful against the Cat's. You are better off, pressuring them high in the half court D. They don't tend to handle that as well.

DJay23
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
You are probably right about that.

I just don't think the trap is going to be horribly successful against the traps. You are better off, pressuring them high in the half court D. They don't tend to handle that as well.
All I want is the random full court crazy ass gotta steal the ball and frustrate your guards trap. Maybe after about 5 minutes off the game clock, do it for a few in bounds, then back off. Then the last 5 of the first half. Could bite you in the ass, but could also swing momentum.

Saulbadguy
02-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Wish we had Bill Walker :(

We'd be undefeated in the Big XII.

ChiTown
02-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Wish we had Bill Walker :(

We'd be undefeated in the Big XII.

Very possible. I think he definitely would have made a difference in the aTm game - which we lost by 4 points. We didn't look good at all against TT, so that's hard to say (some of that could have been a Bill Walker hangover). 7-1 is a strong possibility.

Saulbadguy
02-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Very possible. I think he definitely would have made a difference in the aTm game - which we lost by 4 points. We didn't look good at all against TT, so that's hard to say (some of that could have been a Bill Walker hangover). 7-1 is a strong possibility.
Yeah - who knows.

TT was disgusting, couldn't believe the effort. However..maybe that woke up the team. This is the best i've ever seen the team play.

I'm hoping for a win tonight, but it'll be tough. As long as we can hang close until the end, we can take it away (like some of our previous wins).

ChiTown
02-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah - who knows.

TT was disgusting, couldn't believe the effort. However..maybe that woke up the team. This is the best i've ever seen the team play.

I'm hoping for a win tonight, but it'll be tough. As long as we can hang close until the end, we can take it away (like some of our previous wins).

I'm fkn pissed.

I had a ticket to sit lower level on (the equivalent of) the 30 yd line for tonights game. This morning, my wife woke up and she's got 103 fever, and my youngest son has the same sh!t. So, I gave the ticket to my neighbor (a big KSU fan) and he'll have to yell his ass off in my place.

Saulbadguy
02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
So, why aren't you going?

WilliamTheIrish
02-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Enjoy lads. I'll give ya the post game wrap up.

ChiTown
02-07-2007, 04:48 PM
So, why aren't you going?

lol

Uhh, good question. You don't have kids, do you?

Saulbadguy
02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
lol

Uhh, good question. You don't have kids, do you?

Saulbadguy
02-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Here is the insert for todays Daily Kansan(KU student newspaper). They will have these laid out on the student benches for tonights game. ;)

http://media.kansan.com/poster_series/2007/kstate/KState_1600x1200.jpg

kstater
02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Defensive game, KSU pulls away late.

Cat's 68
Chickenhawks 60

CoMoChief
02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
KU wins easy. Not good to play KU after a bullshit loss.

leviw
02-07-2007, 07:36 PM
KU wins easy. Not good to play KU after a bullshit loss.

I wouldn't expect an easy win.

A win, perhaps.

But not an easy one.

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Here we go!

FAX
02-07-2007, 08:02 PM
PiddlePunch.

They're still showing Pitt blowing out WVU down here.

FAX

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:03 PM
The Hawks have to keep it together and not give it up late in the game.

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:05 PM
crap...they're showing the OU OSU game here.

:( have to listen on the internet...thank you Al Gore. :)

DJay23
02-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I've got you all trumped. Aside from Duke Carolina, I've got SOCCER GAME! What a kick to the junk that is.

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
soccer is on espn2...I believe the game is on your local channel whoever picks up the espn + games.

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
That was awesome!

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Sasha!

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Bennet is going to be KSU's all time leading shot blocker by the end of next year.

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Bennet is going to be KSU's all time leading shot blocker by the end of next year.

The guy is a beast.

DJay23
02-07-2007, 08:13 PM
soccer is on espn2...I believe the game is on your local channel whoever picks up the espn + games.
No such thing for 2 reasons:

A) Dish Network sucks monkey nuts
B) I live in Pennsylvania

chiefsfan987
02-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I've got you all trumped. Aside from Duke Carolina, I've got SOCCER GAME! What a kick to the junk that is.

Thats exactly what I have too.

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 08:15 PM

I don't care about either of those teams, but I love the rivalry... interesting watching both games, with Duke/UNC outscoring KU/KSU by twice as many points (as expected.. sort of).

FAX
02-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Anyone willing to share their knowledge of the score?

FAX

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:18 PM
12-2 hawks

Lzen
02-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Rush is on fire!!!

FAX
02-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks, Mr. kstater.

FAX

DJay23
K-STate 0-3 from 3 early (1-5 overall). I'd be surprised if this was their gameplan. You just can't win a lot of games chucking the ball up like that.

SPchief
Cats are going to have to calm down or this will be over by the half.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 08:20 PM
KSU 2
KU 15

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Cats are going to have to calm down or this will be over by the half.
What I expected.. between KU's loss and KSU's win, I figured KU would start quickly, KSU would start sluggishly, and then KU will let a 20 point halftime lead dwindle to 4.

Pretty standard, really.

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:24 PM
need to quit jacking up threes, just because it worked last game doesn't mean it has worked any other game.

DJay23
I don't care about either of those teams, but I love the rivalry... interesting watching both games, with Duke/UNC outscoring KU/KSU by twice as many points (as expected.. sort of).
Duke so far just wants it more. Out-hustling, out-executing, out-shooting. Great passing, nice movement on offense, in Carolina's face on D. K's got them jacked for this game.

greg63
KU needs to keep up the defensive pressure.

leviw
02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
What I expected.. between KU's loss and KSU's win, I figured KU would start quickly, KSU would start sluggishly, and then KU will let a 20 point halftime lead dwindle to 4.

Pretty standard, really.

KSU's offense isn't very good, unless they shoot lights out from three, which doesn't appear to be the case thus far tonight.

Al Czervik
02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
I know Huggy is a good coach, but good god.....

That bastiage whines to the officials more than Billy Tubbs.....

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:26 PM
not gonna win many games when 60% of shots are 3's

greg63
Geez can KU make two free throws??!!

kstater
I know Huggy is a good coach, but good god.....

That bastiage whines to the officials more than Billy Tubbs.....

You never saw Wooly coach did you?

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Bad call.

greg63
Count it.

SPchief
Kstate just got jobbed.

SPchief
02-07-2007, 08:32 PM
he is terrible from behind the arc

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:32 PM
suck not being able to see what the calls are all about. Just the radio guys...and either way they seem to be a little biased.

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Duke so far just wants it more. Out-hustling, out-executing, out-shooting. Great passing, nice movement on offense, in Carolina's face on D. K's got them jacked for this game.

Not having much luck watching both, but it looks like UNC is chipping away.... great to see the intensity and two coaches that aren't going to let their team lose.

cough, cough

SPchief
02-07-2007, 08:33 PM
23 is on fire.

Silock
02-07-2007, 08:34 PM
AND KU is giving up the lead. Typical.

Anyong Bluth
02-07-2007, 08:38 PM
why can't we get a sopcast or tvu of KU games!

Lzen
02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Crap!! where did this Maybank kid come from? He is fearless.

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Did KU just forget all about a little thing called DEFENSE!!!!!??? :banghead:

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
chipping away at the lead.

greg63
Bout time!

leviw
Maybank came from St. John's.

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:47 PM
OMG

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:47 PM
yes!!!

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:48 PM
A lot of whistles on both end, on pace for 50 fouls. Might come down to free throws.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Very physical game. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from these 2 coaches.

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:49 PM
A lot of whistles on both end, on pace for 50 fouls. Might come down to free throws.

For sure; not the best of calls for either team.

Mr. Laz
02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
i guess the refs have decided to set an NCAA record by having every player foul out for both teams.

Skip Towne
Score?

kstater
For sure; not the best of calls for either team.

At least it's not one-sided.

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 08:52 PM
39-28 KU

kstater
02-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Aparently if you look at another player it's a foul in this game. :)

greg63
02-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Rush is on fire!

Lzen
Rush with the 3!!

greg63

LOL True for both teams.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Man, we can't hit FTs tonight. Jackson is usually a decent FT shooter.

Bearcat

Between A&M/KU, A&M/Texas, and this game, I'm kind of tired of watching the push-offs go without being called.... even though I'm sure some defenders go down a little too easily.

Lzen
KSU 35
KU 47

Halftime

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM
47-35 at halftime

Mr. Laz
47-35 KU at the half

greg63
Man, we can't hit FTs tonight. Jackson is usually a decent FT shooter.

Par for the course for KU.

greg63
02-07-2007, 09:00 PM
At least it's not one-sided.

Yep; although Bennett now has three.

DJay23
Is it halftime? What's the score?

greg63
:banghead: I gotta hit the sack; 3am comes aweful early.

Nite Planet!

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Twelve point lead for the home team after 20 minutes.

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Eight off of the twenty point lead needed to go home.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Par for the course for KU.

For guys like Kaun and Wright, yes. But Collins and Jackson are good FT shooters and they've missed FTs.

Skip Towne
02-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Defensive game, KSU pulls away late.

Cat's 68
Chickenhawks 60
Looks like KU might get more than the predicted 60 with 47 in the first half.

ROYC75
02-07-2007, 09:04 PM
K-Suck is cold shooting..........
Bennett is a cry baby ..........
Alot of fouls on both sides ..........
Alot of no called fouls by both sides ..........
KU is hot at the 3 ................

If KU follows their typical game plan, it will be a ball game with 3 minutes to go ........

If KU doesn't lose focus, this game is over .........

Oh what will it be ?

greg63
02-07-2007, 09:05 PM
For guys like Kaun and Wright, yes. But Collins and Jackson are good FT shooters and they've missed FTs.

Kaun actually made his.

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 09:20 PM
55-35, 16:49.. timeout KSU.

Hurry, Bill! You might make it home in time to ask yourself will they ever get off that f***ing island?!?!

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Kaun actually made his.

Lol. So they're backwards tonight.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Rush going for a career high.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:30 PM
KSU 39
KU 62

Looks like KU got past that predicted point total by kstater. ROFL

Skip Towne
02-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Score?

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:31 PM
KSU 40
KU 64

13:12 left.

kstater
02-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Score?

a lot to a little.

State's getting taken to the woodshed tonight.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Maybank was keeping KSU in the game in the first half. Once KU put Rush on him, KSU had no answer.

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 09:34 PM
UNC just can't get even...

chiefsfan987
02-07-2007, 09:36 PM
KU needs to stop fouling, its just stopping the clock and giving KSU too many charity shots.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Wow, tough inside shot by Jackson. Count the bucket and a foul.

DJay23
02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Ball game in Durham. Duke by 2 with 9 to play.

What is the deal with all of the foul calls. Do these refs want some attention or what?

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:39 PM
KU needs to stop fouling, its just stopping the clock and giving KSU too many charity shots.

They have been calling a lot of fouls on both teams since the beginning of this game. Some games are called tighter than others. This is one of those.

chiefsfan987
02-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Interesting stat. KU has only 2 more fouls than KSU in the game but the Wildcats have shot 10 more free throws.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Maybank still getting to the line, though. Why isn't this guy starting?

kstater
02-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Maybank still getting to the line, though. Why isn't this guy starting?

Doesn't play enough D which is rule #1 in Huggin's book.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Lol, I think Bennet believes he has never committed a foul in his life.

Silock
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
He hasn't. /Saul

chiefsfan987
02-07-2007, 09:46 PM
OSU / OU game a close one 54-50 Sooners lead.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:46 PM
He has probably watched a lot of NBA ball. Ever notice how a lot of NBA players complain about every single foul called on them?

Silock
02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
LOL @ Bennett

How fitting he gets the waving wheat :)

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
First lead (I've seen) tonight for UNC... old Roy might pull this one out.

Hansboro is a punk.. maybe if you concentrated on making the basket and not drawing the foul everytime...

Al Czervik
02-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Bennet...what an idiot fuktard......

Yeah.....he really took it to Sasha....

Assclown

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Holy crap! I thought that Maybank was gonna break his neck.

Skip Towne
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Score? You fuqtards are doing a piss poor job of reporting.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Okay kitties, can we now forget about last year's game at Allen Fieldhouse? :D

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 09:54 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/gamecast?gameId=270382305

172-36 Cincinnati.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 09:55 PM

Sry, Skippy.

KSU 56
KU 87
5:01 remaining.

Bearcat
But since you asked nicely... 87-56 KU, 4:50.

Al Czervik
87-56 4 and a half left KU

chiefsfan987
02-07-2007, 09:57 PM

Why don't you just check a boxscore or listen to the game online?

DJay23
02-07-2007, 09:58 PM
First lead (I've seen) tonight for UNC... old Roy might pull this one out.

Hansboro is a punk.. maybe if you concentrated on making the basket and not drawing the foul everytime...
He's a little weinie. He could be so dominant, but you're right, he waits around too much. He's got a horrible temper too. In that NC State game he got stuffed by someone, got pissed and threw a punch. Of course the refs were doing what they could to keep Carolina in that game so they didn't call anything since he didn't land the punch. but he swung. Even the announcers tried to say he was trying to slap his own hands together in frustration...no, I don't think so.

On the other hand, McRoberts seems like a douche bag too. He's the kind of guy who has to yell and scream and thump his chest every time he gets fouled or makes a basket and then practically cries when he gets whistled for a foul (which is quite often).

DJay23
02-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Good to see we're keeping the pedal down. Stomp on their throats.

I want 100!

Skip Towne
02-07-2007, 10:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/gamecast?gameId=270382305

172-36 Cincinnati.
Thanks.,

Lzen
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Wow, does Duke lead the NCAA in white players?

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 10:02 PM
He's a little weinie. He could be so dominant, but you're right, he waits around too much. He's got a horrible temper too. In that NC State game he got stuffed by someone, got pissed and threw a punch. Of course the refs were doing what they could to keep Carolina in that game so they didn't call anything since he didn't land the punch. but he swung. Even the announcers tried to say he was trying to slap his own hands together in frustration...no, I don't think so.

On the other hand, McRoberts seems like a douche bag too. He's the kind of guy who has to yell and scream and thump his chest every time he gets fouled or makes a basket and then practically cries when he gets whistled for a foul (which is quite often).

I hear so much about him from the media, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so... I've only watched him a few times, and have not been impressed.

I haven't seen Duke at all this season... They showed a Duke player screaming/whining into a towel earlier in the game and Wojo came over & talked to him... wonder if that was McRoberts.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 10:03 PM

I want 100!

Eh, may not happen. Self is already inserting his walk on players. Things tend to get ugly when that happens.

Jayhawkerman2001
Take that Wildcat bitches that thought kstate was going to beat us tonight.

Al Czervik
Dammit Bill....Its WAY too early for the scrubs!!!!!

Ram it down Huggy's throat!!!

Mr. Laz
02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
kleinmann!!!

Lzen
KSU 64
KU 93

2:00 left

Jayhawkerman2001
What were our fans chanting earlier? it sounded something like huggins or something like that

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM

I want 100!

It's great to see they never let up... the next step is to not get cocky and lose @Missouri.

chiefsfan987
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM

I wonder what his all time record against KU is. Seems like when he was with Cincinnati the Hawks thumped them pretty good too.

Mr. Laz
02-07-2007, 10:08 PM

Mon. Feb. 19 9:00 p.m. ET at Kansas State

ChiTown
Great game Hawks, the Cat's stunk it up, and you guys looked great.

My hat is off to your players. They came out ready to kick ass and make the Cat's look like their bitches.

Congrat's!

I'm going to go have 6 beers and got to bed...........

DJay23
I hear so much about him from the media, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so... I've only watched him a few times, and have not been impressed.

I haven't seen Duke at all this season... They showed a Duke player screaming/whining into a towel earlier in the game and Wojo came over & talked to him... wonder if that was McRoberts.
Yep, that was McRoberts.

Carolina has this won. Looks like Deputy Dog will mosey on outta there with a good ol dubya gawl shucks.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 10:10 PM
KSU 70
KU 97

SLAG
Damn they should have pulled hard to put the hundred on em

DJay23
Great game Hawks, the Cat's stunk it up, and you guys looked great.

My hat is off to your players. They came out ready to kick ass and make the Cat's look like their bitches.

Congrat's!

I'm going to go have 6 beers and got to bed...........
Good sport. Sorry you couldn't be there tonight.

Jayhawkerman2001
02-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Man, that has to be the most rewarding win in a while. To shove it up their asses like that was very nice. It gets so annoying when kstate fans get on 810 and constantly say they're going to beat us...

Skip Towne
02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Why don't you just check a boxscore or listen to the game online?
I'm running up my post count.

Lzen
02-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Man, that has to be the most rewarding win in a while. To shove it up their asses like that was very nice. It gets so annoying when kstate fans get on 810 and constantly say they're going to beat us...

And there were some KSU fans on here that were saying how they wish KU had beaten TAM so that KU and KSU would be playing for 1st place. I think it is more like they wish KU had beaten AM so that they wouldn't feel the wrath. ROFL

Skip Towne
02-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Enjoy lads. I'll give ya the post game wrap up.
Yeah? So where are you you little weasel? You never show up when you get your ass kicked.

ROYC75
02-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Damn, if this KU team would play like this all the time we wouldn't be disappointed in them much.........

Nice try Kittens, wasn't your night, See ya in 2 weeks when we come to West Lawrence and win again . :)

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm running up my post count.

Post Whore!

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah? So where are you you little weasel? You never show up when you get your ass kicked.

I think he went to the game....

Skip Towne
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
I think he went to the game....
That's no excuse. The little pig f*cker ought to be here to accept critcism for that ass pounding.

Reerun_KC
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
That's no excuse. The little pig f*cker ought to be here to accept critcism for that ass pounding.

ROFL I am sure him and Saul will be around soon....

Wasnt Benneck just amazing. I dont think I have ever witnessed someone cry as much as him....

Watching him foul out was priceless. Hell even Bill Walker moved away from him... That was outstanding....

Pants
02-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Hell even Bill Walker moved away from him... That was outstanding....

I saw him trying to hold back his laughter as that dumbass kept crying. It was hilarious.

I also liked our scrubs breaking the purple pussies' ankles.

Mr. Laz
02-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Collins needs to get in there early every game ...... he's attacking mentality sents a better tone for the Hawks.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
02-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Mon. Feb. 19 9:00 p.m. ET at Kansas State

KU 84
KSU 68

Reaper16
02-07-2007, 10:57 PM
"D-U-I, D-U-I!" LMAO

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
What were our fans chanting earlier? it sounded something like huggins or something like that

They were yelling DUI.

Braincase
02-07-2007, 11:00 PM
I would like to thank KSU for bringing back what was lost when David Harrison left Colorado... somebody I can call "Chewbacca".

Bennett is a stiff.

Sam Hall
02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Kansas State is a basketball school

That's what Saul said this afternoon ROFL

ArrowheadHawk
02-07-2007, 11:23 PM
that was almost the most gratifying win of the season except for the florida game.

BWillie
02-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Has Saul posted in this thread since the game? HA, he is afraid, and I'm basking in all the glory. BTW, that Bennett guy is a punk. After every foul he acts like he's going to attack the official, I thought he was this close to gettin' T-ed up. How you end up 7-3 muscular, strong, and still suck is beyond me

Jayhawkerman2001
02-08-2007, 12:25 AM
They were yelling DUI.

Very nice. But i bet hes used to it being the type of coach he is.

WilliamTheIrish
02-08-2007, 01:15 AM

I own skip.

Anyway, I went to the game tonight. Started out bad, then got a little better. Then with 3:50 in the first half KSU got it to 33-28 and I thought we had a game. Then KU blitzed us. 14-7 in the last 3 minutes. Then 10-0 to start the second half and it was over.

Still I had a great time. Bennett is great. I loved reading all the KU pussies (you're excepted BC) crying about Bennett. I love the guy. Walker sliding away from him on the bench was classic. Huggins was giving him an earful too.

Wright had a pretty awesome dunk early in the second half. But Maybank's was pretty awesome too.

So skip, did you ever figure out what caused the fire? Grow light short out?

WilliamTheIrish
02-08-2007, 01:20 AM

Pig ****er? Don't call me any of your ex-wife's nicknames. So did she die from f*cking that 18 year old she dumped your weed smoking ass for?

WilliamTheIrish
02-08-2007, 01:25 AM
I'd also like to say that of all the talent on KU's squad, the best player, hands down is Collins. 7 ass. 0 TO's. Drove and dished.

If I never had to see him play again for KU, it wouldn't bother me.

Silock
02-08-2007, 01:31 AM
I'd also like to say that of all the talent on KU's squad, the best player, hands down is Collins. 7 ass. 0 TO's. Drove and dished.

If I never had to see him play again for KU, it wouldn't bother me.

I agree.

WilliamTheIrish
02-08-2007, 01:36 AM
The DUI chant was pretty funny. The Daily Kansan had an insert in the paper today that had a caricature of Huggins behind bars and below the pic was a caption: Hugs and Thugs. They were all over the field house.

WilliamTheIrish
02-08-2007, 01:53 AM
Here's the pic:

SPchief
02-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Here's the pic:

The flyer was already posted in this thread on about page 4

Ari Chi3fs
02-08-2007, 02:13 AM
I enjoyed Maybank's face plant off the floor.

Good to see the Wildcat's same as ever.

Pants
02-08-2007, 02:24 AM
I loved reading all the KU pussies (you're excepted BC) crying about Bennett. I love the guy. Walker sliding away from him on the bench was classic. Huggins was giving him an earful too.

Those are tears from laughing so hard, dummy.

That guy is a pair of ****ing clown shoes.

greg63
02-08-2007, 04:03 AM
Man; I wish I could have seen the second half. :banghead:

greg63
02-08-2007, 04:10 AM
The flyer was already posted in this thread on about page 4

It was page 6; just being technically correct. :D

Braincase
02-08-2007, 07:04 AM
I own skip.

Anyway, I went to the game tonight. Started out bad, then got a little better. Then with 3:50 in the first half KSU got it to 33-28 and I thought we had a game. Then KU blitzed us. 14-7 in the last 3 minutes. Then 10-0 to start the second half and it was over.

Still I had a great time. Bennett is great. I loved reading all the KU pussies (you're excepted BC) crying about Bennett. I love the guy. Walker sliding away from him on the bench was classic. Huggins was giving him an earful too.

Wright had a pretty awesome dunk early in the second half. But Maybank's was pretty awesome too.

I don't know if I should be pleased or upset about my exclusion.... (It's my WSU paper, isn't it?). 'Hawks came out on a mission, and Bennett was whining and complaining when it was pretty obvious he fouled. Yeah, Huggy was up his ass like gerbil with a miner's helmet on, but his temper tantrum was classic. I'm looking forward to seeing him line up in purple for a few more years. He's a great foil.

Saulbadguy
02-08-2007, 07:08 AM
SUCK.

That is the only way to describe the KSU performance. No boxing out for rebounds. No defense. No shooting. No effort. KU played like they were out for blood, and that didn't help one bit. Anyways, congratulations on the win.

Reerun_KC
02-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Benneck is great. I loved reading all the KU pussies (you're excepted BC) crying about Benneck. I love the guy. Walker sliding away from him on the bench was classic. Huggins was giving him an earful too.

I dont recall any tears, except those tears of laughter! Benneck was great last night. I was waiting for him to grab the offical and put him into a "Bobby Knight" type choke hold... Even the man Bill Walker moved away laughing. We were cracking up..

Thuggy was ripping his ass all night long.. Thank god it was loud in there or they would of had to put the game on a 15 second delay for Thuggy's language. We are looking forward to Benneck's tenure at KSU.. Should be good times and quality entertainment.

Although, his 5th was pretty weak, the guy needs anger management classes....

Lastly, No need to really bag on someone who lost there house in a fire, wether you like them or not.. We lost everything, I mean everything to a spring fire on the 7th of March 2005... Any keepsakes we had as a child and our childeren are all gone, pictures, wedding dress, etc...

It's fun and cool to bag on you Dirt Farmers and for you to bag on us whatever we are. But to call someone out on a tragic loss is bush league...

Your above that William...

KevB
02-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow, I'm glad to see all of the KU fans winning with class :rolleyes: .

Here, let me show you:

KU was fabulous last night. They were everything their fans hope they would be every game (which is very difficult to do over a long season). They took the Cats out of their offense early with pressure defense, leaving us with settle 3 pt attempts and one on one dribbling. Very impressive performance. While I'm upset with KSU's effort early in the game, I'll give the credit to KU and their intensity. I went into the weekend hoping for a split with Texas and KU, and we got it. Now the Cats need to continue to win the games they're supposed to win, and we have a reasonable chance to get into the tourney. Good luck to KU the rest of the way, and we look forward to getting another crack at you when you come to Manhattan.

Saulbadguy
02-08-2007, 10:07 AM
We have a reasonable chance at a first round bye. That is unbelievable!

RockChalk
02-08-2007, 10:21 AM
We have a reasonable chance at a first round bye. That is unbelievable!

yes it is. i would have bet you $1000 in october that KState would be lucky to be in the Top 8 of the conference. i still feel good for the staters, just glad KU put a whole game together last night.

Reerun_KC
02-08-2007, 10:23 AM
yes it is. i would have bet you $1000 in october that KState would be lucky to be in the Top 8 of the conference. i still feel good for the staters, just glad KU put a whole game together last night.

Why hasnt that kid Maybank been playing more? Good lord the dude was on fire last night bringing his A+++++ game... (for billthelephercan)

I never even heard of him until last night.

hawkchief
02-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I own skip.

Yeah, we thought Bennet was great, too!

0 field goals, 0 free throws, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, 5 fouls.

How'd "getting a piece of Kaun" work out for him, anyway?

I've never seen worse. slower foot work from a big man than Bennet. My guess is that he will leave KSU sooner than later, as Thuggins will recruit "over" him as soon as he has the chance. "Project" is way to kind a term for Neck. Bennet will never be a serious Big Xll, much less NBA player.

Saulbadguy
02-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Why hasnt that kid Maybank been playing more? Good lord the dude was on fire last night bringing his A+++++ game... (for billthelephercan)

I never even heard of him until last night.
Because he is our 3rd string PG. He's got alot of heart.

Reerun_KC
02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Because he is our 3rd string PG. He's got alot of heart.

Your 3rd String PG was out playing your first 2!

I have a feeling you will see alot more of this kid as the season goes on..

and why is KMart coming off the bench?

He is your go to guy...

Lzen
02-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow, I'm glad to see all of the KU fans winning with class :rolleyes: .

Here, let me show you:

KU was fabulous last night. They were everything their fans hope they would be every game (which is very difficult to do over a long season). They took the Cats out of their offense early with pressure defense, leaving us with settle 3 pt attempts and one on one dribbling. Very impressive performance. While I'm upset with KSU's effort early in the game, I'll give the credit to KU and their intensity. I went into the weekend hoping for a split with Texas and KU, and we got it. Now the Cats need to continue to win the games they're supposed to win, and we have a reasonable chance to get into the tourney. Good luck to KU the rest of the way, and we look forward to getting another crack at you when you come to Manhattan.

What did you expect after some of the crap we took after the loss to Texas AM?

I think Bennett has value for your team and I almost felt sorry for the guy. He will have to learn to control his anger, though. After that last foul, he looked like he was about to go after the ref. He is definitely a presence inside that makes it tough for opponents to get easy baskets. If the guy ever learns some offensive game, he'll be dangerous.
The one guy who impressed me most was Maybank. KU really had no answer for him except for the time when Rush guarded him. Rush did an okay job on him, but nobody else could stop his penetration. Perhaps if he learns to play defense, he'll become a starter.
After that disappointing loss on Saturday, I don't know that any team could have come into Allen Field house and beaten the Hawks last night. Add in the fact that they wanted to erase the memory of last year's game in Lawrence and the Wildcats really had a very slim chance.

Saulbadguy
02-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Your 3rd String PG was out playing your first 2!

I have a feeling you will see alot more of this kid as the season goes on..

and why is KMart coming off the bench?

He is your go to guy...
1. Yes, he was. Jermaine is quick to the basket and defends well, but he can't shoot all that well, and turns it over alot.

2. He's been playing well throughout Big XII play

3. KMart? Man, I wish we had Kenyon Martin. I bet Huggins misses that type of player on his team. If you were refering to Cartier, no, he is not our "go to guy".

Lzen
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
It was page 6; just being technically correct. :D

With my settings, this thread had only 3 pages at the time of your post. I have it set to show 80 posts per page. Perhaps you have it set to show less than SPChief or I have it set.

WilliamTheIrish
02-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I dont recall any tears, except those tears of laughter! Benneck was great last night. I was waiting for him to grab the offical and put him into a "Bobby Knight" type choke hold... Even the man Bill Walker moved away laughing. We were cracking up..

Thuggy was ripping his ass all night long.. Thank god it was loud in there or they would of had to put the game on a 15 second delay for Thuggy's language. We are looking forward to Benneck's tenure at KSU.. Should be good times and quality entertainment.

Although, his 5th was pretty weak, the guy needs anger management classes....

Lastly, No need to really bag on someone who lost there house in a fire, wether you like them or not.. We lost everything, I mean everything to a spring fire on the 7th of March 2005... Any keepsakes we had as a child and our childeren are all gone, pictures, wedding dress, etc...

It's fun and cool to bag on you Dirt Farmers and for you to bag on us whatever we are. But to call someone out on a tragic loss is bush league...

Your above that William...

Dirt farmers. I love that one. I work in an industry that is all about the latest technology.
Skip gets as he gives. You want to defend him? Then duck when there is return fire.

WilliamTheIrish
02-08-2007, 10:51 AM
The one guy who impressed me most was Maybank. KU really had no answer for him except for the time when Rush guarded him. Rush did an okay job on him, but nobody else could stop his penetration. Perhaps if he learns to play defense, he'll become a starter

Maybank is a Rucker Park legend. But he'll never start. He's here one year. Finished his degree at St. John's. Now he's in grad school here, using his last year of eligbility.

He won't ever start. But he pretty much abused everybody that was assigned to him.

Lzen
02-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Maybank.......pretty much abused everybody that was assigned to him.

Except Rush. ;)

Reerun_KC
02-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Dirt farmers. I love that one. I work in an industry that is all about the latest technology.
Skip gets as he gives. You want to defend him? Then duck when there is return fire.

I will duck next time! Where is it that you work? I work for and aviation company in OKC. Job title is Sr Network Engineer... Hopefully for only another 15-18 months, then I would like to get on at an airline and a nice first officer position.

http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/pic/PTGPOD/426917~Man-with-Arrows-Being-Shot-at-His-Head-Posters.jpg

Reerun_KC
02-08-2007, 10:59 AM
1. Yes, he was. Jermaine is quick to the basket and defends well, but he can't shoot all that well, and turns it over alot.

2. He's been playing well throughout Big XII play

3. KMart? Man, I wish we had Kenyon Martin. I bet Huggins misses that type of player on his team. If you were refering to Cartier, no, he is not our "go to guy".

my bad on the Cartier, CMart...
Gotcha...

Reerun_KC
02-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Except Rush. ;)

Second that, Even the announcers mentioned something about that.

Now I wonder if we will get MU's A++++++ game this weekend?

William? What game did KSU bring last night? Just wondering?