PDA

View Full Version : Defense Wins Championshps

unothadeal
02-04-2007, 03:09 PM
This game will determine if that saying is true or not. If the Bears win, it will prove that defense does win championships. If Indy wins, that statement is bullshit.

Bob Dole
02-04-2007, 03:17 PM
The only thing that will be proven today is that African American head coaches win championships.

Fruit Ninja
02-04-2007, 03:20 PM
ITs been bullshit. The last superbowl winner to score under 20 points in the SBhappend way back in 1975. You need a complete team to win. Hell, even the Ravens in the 2001 win scored what 34 points?

FDS
02-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Seahawk fans would say zebras. Zebras win championships.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

BigRock
02-04-2007, 03:40 PM
So one game is going to prove if it's true? When every SB winner this decade has had a good defense?

LMAO

ITs been bullshit. The last superbowl winner to score under 20 points in the SBhappend way back in 1975. You need a complete team to win. Hell, even the Ravens in the 2001 win scored what 34 points?
The Ravens scored 14 of those points on defense and special teams. That's 20 points by the offense, and some of those were setup by the defense getting turnovers and giving them a short field. And they only gave up 7 points. They won with defense.

Not to mention, the phrase "defense wins championships" isn't just about one game.

unothadeal
02-04-2007, 03:45 PM
It's not just one game. The Colts allowed a 100 yard rusher EVERY GAME this season (excluding playoffs). And the Bear's offense sure didn't get them to the superbowl.

Fairplay
02-04-2007, 07:52 PM
You were saying?

boogblaster
02-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Well a decent defence did win today..along with a little help from a below par QB...

dj56dt58
02-04-2007, 08:47 PM
good defenses create turnovers and good field position for offenses to score those points...

BigRock
02-04-2007, 08:52 PM
It's not just one game. The Colts allowed a 100 yard rusher EVERY GAME this season (excluding playoffs).
You misunderstood what I meant about one game, but perhaps I should have said "one team" to be more clear. One team winning the whole thing based on offense does not suddenly turn the ages old "defense wins championships" cliche into bullshit. Something only becomes an ages old cliche after it happens repeatedly. One thing to the contrary doesn't instantly turn it into a lie.

And you're adding the caveat "excluding playoffs" because the Colts actually played good defense in the post season, which makes the whole thing kinda silly anyway. Had their D not played as well as it did, they probably wouldn't have been there.

Taco John
02-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Balance wins championships.

TEX
02-04-2007, 10:09 PM
This game will determine if that saying is true or not. If the Bears win, it will prove that defense does win championships. If Indy wins, that statement is bullshit.

Well, the Colts did play pretty solid defense throughout the playoffs. :hmmm:

TinyEvel
02-04-2007, 11:28 PM
^^^^^WTF??!!^^^^

Anyway, today was proof that Maning is a SuperBowl QB. Grossman is definitely not.

Bob Dole
02-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Well a decent defense did win today..along with a little help from a below par QB...

And an African American head coach.

You just can't ignore that this Super Bowl was won by an African American head coach.

Extra Point
02-04-2007, 11:58 PM
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony

But the fuggers would all shoot me, then each other.

KCWolfman
02-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Yeah, it was Trent Dilfer and his fantastic efforts that nabbed the Baltimore Ravens their ring.

KCWolfman
02-05-2007, 12:13 AM
And an African American head coach.

You just can't ignore that this Super Bowl was won by an African American head coach.
Charlize Theron is African American.

The KC star compared the coaches to Rosa Parks in yesterday's article. Yeah, a multi-million dollar job with tons of gophers heeding your every beck and call is very similar to a tired poor old woman risking life and freedom for something as simple as a seat.

tk13
02-05-2007, 01:58 AM
I still can't believe this defense won a Super Bowl. It might be the most amazing thing I've ever seen. This is the same team that gave up 375 rushing yards to Jacksonville in the last month of the season. I never in a million years would've guessed this team could've done this, it's like they were just faking it all season then flipped a switch in the playoffs. They didn't even change that much in terms of strategy, they just started playing hard, or something.

ARROW2
02-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Sickening. Just shows you that stat geeks are not always right.............

Chiefs_Fan
02-05-2007, 06:11 AM
The Clots defense has stepped up all through the playoffs. I guess it's because they rested all season.