PDA

View Full Version : I thought prince put on a fantastic show at halftime

Pages : 1 [2]

Douche Baggins
02-05-2007, 12:28 PM
It's obvious to me that the people who liked the halftime show liked Prince to begin with. They made a pre-judgement and didn't give Prince a chance to disappoint them. - GoChiefs

I hated Prince before I even knew he was JW. - GoChiefs

:hmmm:

Huh?

htismaqe
02-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Huh?

ROFL

Playing dumb isn't your usual tactic when you get caught...

Douche Baggins
02-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm serious. I don't see how those two statements make me a hypocrite. The first is a parody of someone else's post anyway.

greg63
02-05-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm serious. I don't see how those two statements make me a hypocrite. The first is a parody of someone else's post anyway.

LMAO

I love this thread.

Redrum_69
02-05-2007, 12:39 PM
That was a horrible halftime show

why not bring Cyndi Lauper out and resurrect captain lou albano and sing Girls just wanna have fun....or bring out some other "safe" 80's band

greg63
02-05-2007, 12:41 PM
That was a horrible halftime show

why not bring Cyndi Lauper out and resurrect captain lou albano and sing Girls just wanna have fun....or bring out some other "safe" 80's band

Oh no; I agree with Redrum! :eek:

Simply Red
02-05-2007, 12:43 PM
"Knew a girl named Nikki I guess you could say she was a sex-fiend."

Redrum_69
02-05-2007, 12:51 PM
They should put Carrie Underwood out there next year. She's a good, clean, wholesome, All-American girl with a sweet smile, and a decent musician to boot. And I don't think she needs a cock-guitar or a gender-symbol stage.

On the downside she might sing about Jesus. And she needs to be kept away from NFL players, too.

Carrie Underwood ROFL

Shes a fugging whore turned american idol slut...if she hadnt won, she'd still be banging truckers at the rest stop like your mom.

Gochiefs mom is like a cinnamon roll...her curvaceous body glistens and tempts every passerby, strangers finger her doughy outside, and each inch of her tanned body will leave your fingers sticky and your mouth glazed.

ct
02-05-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm shocked that a rock fan like yourself would dislike Prince so much, i can tell you that i have been around plenty of music & in a band or 2 myself & am NOT easily impressed.

The guy is a world class musician & i would rather see him than Janet & Justin any day of the week.

Ditto, although I missed the halftime show, so won't speak to it. Prince is obviously an odd cat, but a damn fine musician.

ct
02-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Carrie Underwood ROFL

Shes a fugging whore turned american idol slut...if she hadnt won, she'd still be banging truckers at the rest stop like your mom.

Gochiefs mom is like a cinnamon roll...her curvaceous body glistens and tempts every passerby, strangers finger her doughy outside, and each inch of her tanned body will leave your fingers sticky and your mouth glazed.

Might be one of your finest!! :clap:

SPchief
02-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Carrie Underwood ROFL

Gochiefs is furiously trying to come up with some witty response right now.

Either that or he is crying.

scott free
02-05-2007, 12:56 PM
If i had any say, i'd nominate this thread for the HOC...Highly Entertaining.

Redrum_69
02-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Either that or he is crying.

My guess hes either A....driving out to BETO junction to order one of those huge ass cinnamon rolls

or B...heading to Cinnabon at Great Plains mall

Douche Baggins
02-05-2007, 01:10 PM

Why would I care about anything Redrum has to say?

tk13
02-05-2007, 01:16 PM
I can't believe we have a 250+ post topic on this. I'm not really a big Prince fan, but I thought he did a good job last night. I liked the cover songs, and I'm sure it wasn't easy to be out there performing in the rain. I do think he's probably underrated as a musician.

I'm a big Billy Joel fan, so that probably makes me biased, but what I did like was that he just did the National Anthem, he didn't try to get fancy or be way over the top with it.

ct
02-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=65647&stc=1

Is that supposed to look like a tail and make Prince look like the devil?

This is a joke, right? ROFL

It's obvious to me that the people who didn't like the halftime show didn't like Prince to begin with. They made a pre-judgement and didn't give Prince a chance to impress them.
It's obvious to me that the people who liked the halftime show liked Prince to begin with. They made a pre-judgement and didn't give Prince a chance to disappoint them.

Both solid points, IMO.

patteeu
02-05-2007, 01:31 PM
This is a joke, right? ROFL

Both solid points, IMO.

No. Don't you think that shadow makes it look like he has a tail? I don't actually think he *is* the devil or anything, if that's what you mean.

BucEyedPea
02-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Now that you mention it....I would loved to see Cyndi again. She was one of my heroes. :)

htismaqe
02-05-2007, 01:41 PM
No. Don't you think that shadow makes it look like he has a tail? I don't actually think he *is* the devil or anything, if that's what you mean.

Normally, a tail is in the BACK... :D

FAX
02-05-2007, 01:44 PM
The kidney tail indicates a particularly vicious and ruthless demonic entity. I think Christopher Walken has one of those.

FAX

Fairplay
02-05-2007, 02:28 PM
The Prince halftime show was great. No question about it.

The NFL made a good choice.

mfkrush
02-05-2007, 02:29 PM
There weren't enough boobies to hold my interest. I will admit "Purple Rain" was pretty awesome. The rest wasn't that good in my opinion.

ct
02-05-2007, 03:00 PM

wow, just wow

Usually, one might advise to get your mind out of the gutter, but in this case, you need to jump in and crawl around in it. Then you might get it.

Redrum_69
02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Why would I care about anything Redrum has to say?

Because I'm right...and your mom is a Scat Whore

CHENZ A!
02-06-2007, 12:53 AM
prince is badass, anybody don't like that can kiss my whole family ass

Nzoner
02-06-2007, 06:26 AM
I just got to see the halftime show last night and imo it was decent but I don't have alot to compare it to as I've never really watched too many halftime shows during the Super Bowl.

I do think Prince is one helluva musician though,I remember seeing him at the Rock-N-Roll HOF playing with Tom Petty,Jeff Lynne and George Harrison's son as they they were honoring George and Prince was fantastic on While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Dartgod
02-06-2007, 06:36 AM
I do think Prince is one helluva musician though,I remember seeing him at the Rock-N-Roll HOF playing with Tom Petty,Jeff Lynne and George Harrison's son as they they were honoring George and Prince was fantastic on While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
Zach posted the video earlier in this thread. Definitely worth another watch/listen.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3759598&postcount=117

Nzoner
02-06-2007, 06:47 AM
But to use Styx as some kind of a badge of musical taste.... it's like saying because there's a finger painting on your fridge you appreciate Picasso.

I wouldn't pay one dollar to see the remains of Styx these days but in all fairness there was a time in the 70's when that band was quite good.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/azopMssgznc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/azopMssgznc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nzoner
02-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Zach posted the video earlier in this thread. Definitely worth another watch/listen.

Thanks man,I jumped in on the last few pages,got early appointments this morning so I'm out,will definitely be watching that this evening.

greg63
02-06-2007, 09:54 AM
prince is badass, anybody don't like that can kiss my whole family ass

I'll pass. Insert Redrum "Mother" reference here:

KcMizzou
02-06-2007, 10:09 AM

Wow. Zoner's right... that's pretty badass.

patteeu
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
wow, just wow

Usually, one might advise to get your mind out of the gutter, but in this case, you need to jump in and crawl around in it. Then you might get it.

LMAO

No, I get that people are saying it's phallic, but in the picture I quoted (post #179) it doesn't really look like it's in the front to me. In any event, if it is intended as a phallic symbol, that's some pretty serious Peyronie's disease.

And on the animated gif that Ultra Peanut attached (post #190), it's the guitar neck that seems to be the phallic symbol, not the curved portion of the guitar body. I think he's going for the aroused devil look, but that's just me. YMMV ;)

Dartgod
02-06-2007, 10:46 AM
that's some pretty serious Peyronie's disease.

I probably better not Google that here at work.

Cochise
02-06-2007, 11:30 AM
It's obvious to me that the people who didn't like the halftime show didn't like Prince to begin with. They made a pre-judgement and didn't give Prince a chance to impress them.

I don't have any feelings one way or the other. I gave it a chance. I thought that vocally he didn't sound good and I just didn't care for it. I thought it was irritating.

But what's much more irritating is everyone in here acting like if you aren't fawning over Prince you don't know anything about music...

Baby Lee
02-06-2007, 11:50 AM
But what's much more irritating is everyone in here acting like if you aren't fawning over Prince you don't know anything about music...
Or if you liked it, you're an easily pleased cretin.

Ultra Peanut
02-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Basically, if you aren't fawning over Prince, you don't know anything about music.

FAX
02-06-2007, 12:21 PM
It's obvious to me that the people who think the people who are upset at the people fawning over Prince would have thought that those people would have felt that way about the people who liked Prince anyway.

FAX

Dartgod
02-06-2007, 12:31 PM
It's obvious to me that the people who think the people who are upset at the people fawning over Prince would have thought that those people would have felt that way about the people who liked Prince anyway.

FAX
I agree.

Wait.

Huh? :spock:

greg63
02-06-2007, 12:41 PM

FAX
...And have their minds set on their inaccurate preconceived concepts in the first place. :D

Ultra Peanut
02-06-2007, 12:43 PM

FAXWell, if the bra fits.

ChiefFripp
02-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Prince is very talented and I liked the half-time show, it was probably the best I have seen. However, Prince looks like he should be wearing his prison shirt tied into a bikini .

headsnap
02-06-2007, 02:28 PM
I probably better not Google that here at work.
you would just get pictures of Bill Clinton...

Nzoner
02-06-2007, 06:50 PM

Wow,that was just as good if not better than the first time.

Sam Hall
02-06-2007, 07:21 PM
We're still talking about this and making parodies of one of my posts ROFL

The people who know a good performance when they see it liked Prince's halftime show :D

Fairplay
02-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Wow,that was just as good if not better than the first time.

Quality stuff. No question.

KcMizzou
02-06-2007, 08:36 PM
I wanted to show a buddy who missed it, but youtube has taken it off.

Here's a link to a great quality torrent with tons of seeds (atm)... if anyone's interested.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/571704