PDA

View Full Version : One positive I can take away from the Colts SB victory...

Braincase
02-05-2007, 07:07 AM
John Tait does not get a SB Ring.

No fruitcup either.

DeepSouth
02-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Ryan Lilja got one though.

Chief Chief
02-05-2007, 07:37 AM
The best thing is that Tank Johnson didn't get any metal hardware that he could melt into bullets!

Hound333
02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Lilja I am ok with. We we basically let him go. It was our own fault.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2007, 09:10 AM
At least Tait played in a superbowl....

He stuck it to KC and rightfully so... Peterson is the loser and douchebag here!

****OFF Carl, I hope, no pray you never lead the Chiefs to the superbowl...

Yes the fans and City deserve it, but Carl should never be associated with a Superbowl team. Period!

jrowe
02-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I've got to add that Tait attended my church and it was well known that KC had absolutely no chance of re-signing him due to CP's antics on the first go round. CP drafted a talented starting tackle in Tait, but promptly ran him off for good with the very first contract negotiation.

ck_IN
02-05-2007, 11:26 AM
As Jrowe says I think Taits future in KC was sealed with the infamous STFU & STFD line from CP.

You just don't treat people like that and expect them not to respond in a negative way.

htismaqe
02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Why would anybody be bitching about Tait?

He looked like ASS.

InChiefsHell
02-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Why would anybody be bitching about Tait?

He looked like ASS.

Cuz he's still loads better than anyone we have lined up at RT since he left...

htismaqe
02-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Cuz he's still loads better than anyone we have lined up at RT since he left...

So you would have been OK matching the Bears' offer?

Reerun_KC
02-05-2007, 11:52 AM

I dont know Htismaqe, but watching the DE's this year have a free pass to run over and bury our QB's on every passing down wasnt bad enough. Would of been nice to keep Tait and Lilja both....

But can you blame a young man like Tait? Why in Gods Green Earth would you want to play for a GM like Carl Peterson?

If I wasnt born and raised a Royals and Chiefs fan, it would be easy to go on down the road.

The Royals might be changing, but the Chiefs are a complete Joke of an organization right now. From GM thru coaching staff....

Scorp
02-05-2007, 11:55 AM
John Tait does not get a SB Ring.

No fruitcup either.

Actually he does get a ring.........it is just not the champions ring. :)

htismaqe
02-05-2007, 11:58 AM
I dont know Htismaqe, but watching the DE's this year have a free pass to run over and bury our QB's on every passing down wasnt bad enough. Would of been nice to keep Tait and Lilja both....

But can you blame a young man like Tait? Why in Gods Green Earth would you want to play for a GM like Carl Peterson?

If I wasnt born and raised a Royals and Chiefs fan, it would be easy to go on down the road.

The Royals might be changing, but the Chiefs are a complete Joke of an organization right now. From GM thru coaching staff....

Yeah, I know it would make me feel better to watch our QB get buried as long as it was John Tait whiffing and not someone else.

HE SUCKS.

And you can save the Carl bashing for another thread. Tait got a 6-year deal worth $33M and a $14M signing bonus. THAT is why he left.

Kerberos
02-05-2007, 11:59 AM
As Jrowe says I think Taits future in KC was sealed with the infamous STFU & STFD line from CP.

You just don't treat people like that and expect them not to respond in a negative way.

"You think you're helping them but your NOT .... Your cripling them for life.

No one cares how sensitive these young men are... especially the colored ones. I may be a mean cuss but I'm the same MEAN cuss :cuss: with every player on the team."

We need Denzell as HC of the Chiefs!

:D

Mr. Laz
02-05-2007, 11:59 AM
no ... but we should of used the franchise tag instead, so we could of gotten something for the loss.

but Carl is a dam retard and wanted to save the 1.1 million dollars in cap room(difference between the fran and tran tag at the time)

so we end up with nothing,nada,zippo.

Kerberos
02-05-2007, 12:03 PM

YUP

The VERY first thing Chicago did after Tait signed was restructure his contract. He would have played for KC had they OVERPAID him but he didn't want to be here.

Why overpay anyone that doesn't want to be here. Let him go cause he wasn't happy playing for Carl or the Chiefs.

Brock
02-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Yep, he should have been franchised. Stuff like this is what separates Carl Peterson from the better GMs.

Demonpenz
02-05-2007, 12:08 PM
i don't remember freeney's name being called once expept for that long run by jones when tait cleared out freeney nicely.

htismaqe
02-05-2007, 12:11 PM
I can't believe anyone would endorse putting the franchise tag on John Tait - paying him the average of the top 5 LT's in the league...

Mr. Laz
02-05-2007, 12:13 PM
I can't believe anyone would endorse putting the franchise tag on John Tait - paying him the average of the top 5 LT's in the league...
that's pretty much what chicago paid him.

but the idea for the chiefs is not to actually pay him that much ... but to keep leverage on the situation so that they didn't just lose him without compensation.

Brock
02-05-2007, 12:13 PM

It should be obvious that the Bears wanted him way more than the Chiefs did. A franchise designation merely would have ensured that the Chiefs got SOMETHING out of that cluster****.

Pitt Gorilla
02-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I've got to add that Tait attended my church and it was well known that KC had absolutely no chance of re-signing him due to CP's antics on the first go round. CP drafted a talented starting tackle in Tait, but promptly ran him off for good with the very first contract negotiation.That is quite the grudge.

FringeNC
02-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Another positive from the Colts' victory is that we do not have to endure any more of Gretz's "Playing not to lose football is the only way to win SBs" propaganda pieces that he spewed ad nauseum after Pittsburgh's win last year.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I know it would make me feel better to watch our QB get buried as long as it was John Tait whiffing and not someone else.

HE SUCKS.

And you can save the Carl bashing for another thread. Tait got a 6-year deal worth $33M and a $14M signing bonus. THAT is why he left.

No need to bash, its not like it is anything new, plus the whole NFL knows what a ass tool Carl is anyway... But that is another thread another day.

He sucks? Sucks worse that what? Jordan "I-65" Black? They guy that gave up a league high sacks? The same LT that was playing in the superbowl and kept his Shitty QB upright most of the game?

Oh that one? Yeah he sucks, and would be the best lineman on the Chiefs if he stayed. OUR offensive line is DII football at best right now.

InChiefsHell
02-05-2007, 12:49 PM

Nope, we never should have let it get to that point. But, this IMO was one of Carl's bigger blunders...ranks up there with letting Donnie Edwards go.

FringeNC
02-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Nope, we never should have let it get to that point. But, this IMO was one of Carl's bigger blunders...ranks up there with letting Donnie Edwards go.

Actually, it was one of the smarter moves Carl has made. Good organizations like NE and Philly don't overpay for their own stars, Carl does. Tait is the exception.

htismaqe
02-05-2007, 01:00 PM
It should be obvious that the Bears wanted him way more than the Chiefs did. A franchise designation merely would have ensured that the Chiefs got SOMETHING out of that cluster****.

Don't kid yourself.

We wouldn't have gotten compensation for anything.

We would have gotten Tait back with that enormous salary. NO WAY would the Bears have given us picks for him.

htismaqe
02-05-2007, 01:01 PM

Donnie Edwards was a Dick Vermeil decision and Vermeil has said so PUBLICALLY several times.

htismaqe
02-05-2007, 01:02 PM
No need to bash, its not like it is anything new, plus the whole NFL knows what a ass tool Carl is anyway... But that is another thread another day.

He sucks? Sucks worse that what? Jordan "I-65" Black? They guy that gave up a league high sacks? The same LT that was playing in the superbowl and kept his Shitty QB upright most of the game?

Oh that one? Yeah he sucks, and would be the best lineman on the Chiefs if he stayed. OUR offensive line is DII football at best right now.

Grossman was running for his life most of the night.

He'd be the best lineman on the Chiefs? ROFL

FOURTH, at BEST.

Easy 6
02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I can find 3 positives in the colts win...

1) The donx didnt win.

2) The dolts didnt win.

3) The fade didnt win.

I can live with that for now.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-05-2007, 01:04 PM
One positive I take from the Colts victory... it wasn't the Bears. I hate the Bears.