PDA

View Full Version : Ozzfest 2007 FREE!

ChiefFripp
02-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not a fan of Ozzfest, but hey in this year's version will be free so I may go.MOFO'N LINK! (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=66602)

Guru
02-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Not real big on hard rock but.... WOW!!!!!

morphius
02-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Damn, that is pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind going to another one.

BigRedChief
02-06-2007, 04:53 PM
How to they think they will pay the bills for stadium rental? Equipment etc?

morphius
02-06-2007, 04:55 PM
If you read the article it says "sponsor's", LOL

Pestilence
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM

By charging $20 for a bottle of water and $5 to use the port-a-potties

88TG88
02-06-2007, 05:04 PM
my friends went last year got loaded and got into fights. i asked them how it went and they dont remember

Halfcan
02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Sharon said "Bands hungry for Ozzfests career-making exposure."

Means- "Will work for free."

But I love the idea-count me there.

Nightwish
02-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Sounds cool. Is there any info on who's going to be there yet? I've been hearing rumors that Alice in Chains will be one of the bands, though I'm not sure how exciting that'll be without Layne Staley.

Halfcan
02-06-2007, 06:31 PM
I am hopping for Godsmack, I heard they will tour again this summer.

Fire Me Boy!
02-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Osbournes say tickets to annual Ozzfest will be free this summer

LOS ANGELES (AP) It's the most startling news to hit the heavy-metal circuit since Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off a bat.

The wizard of the Ozzfest is going back on the road this summer and this time the tickets to his 25-city tour will be free.

"It's our 12th year and we wanted to shake it up a bit and do something different," Osbourne's wife, Sharon, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Ticket prices for Ozzfest, which have ranged from $35 to $150, were beginning to rise beyond the reach of the rocker's loyal fans, his wife said, and he didn't want that to happen.

"It's not saying that I'm now Mother Teresa or that Ozzy is a saint, but you know what? He's been doing this a long time and his audience has been really good to him," Sharon Osbourne said. "So if he goes out one summer of his life and he doesn't get paid, big deal."

Osbourne has been wooing corporate sponsors to cover the cost of the tour. So far, his wife said, six have signed up.

The tour kicks off July 7 in Los Angeles, with stops planned in San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, New York, St. Louis and several other cities. A final list of dates and stops is still in the works.

Organizers haven't revealed yet who will be joining Osbourne on stage, but his wife said she hopes it will include numerous special guests who will drop in for one or two shows.

Nightwish
02-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I can't help but wonder if part of this is Sharon's attempt to make herself look good after making a complete ass of herself with the Iron Maiden fiasco.

JonesCrusher
02-07-2007, 08:08 AM
I can't help but wonder if part of this is Sharon's attempt to make herself look good after making a complete ass of herself with the Iron Maiden fiasco.

I agree, I will never give that b***h a penny after bashing Maiden.

Nothing is free they have just figured they can make money without tickets. I'm sure concession prices will be raised to compensate.

Pneuma
02-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Free tickets is going to draw a high quality crowd!

God of Thunder
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I will certainly try to make it.