PDA

View Full Version : I need a Vacation...

58-4ever
02-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Tell me about the best vacation you've ever had. Should I go all-inclusive? I may get married in August and we should have four or five thousand to spend. Any suggestions?

PinkFloyd
02-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Acapulco...

No ---- I don't remember much except waking up on the bathroom floor 4 of the 6 days I spent there...

Phobia
02-08-2007, 09:18 PM
I suggest Sandals St. Lucia, which is where we honeymooned 5 years ago. It's all-inclusive and they have 2 resorts with free shuttle back and forth from which to choose. We never got bored of the various restaurants and it was really nice. They have tons of free activities during the day and scuba, boating, and para-sailing for a nominal charge. The room wasnt particularly luxurious but without spending $15-20k, you're not going to get a week at a 5 star all-inclusive. I highly recommend it.

58-4ever
02-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I suggest Sandals St. Lucia, which is where we honeymooned 5 years ago. It's all-inclusive and they have 2 resorts with free shuttle back and forth from which to choose. We never got bored of the various restaurants and it was really nice. They have tons of free activities during the day and scuba, boating, and para-sailing for a nominal charge. The room wasnt particularly luxurious but without spending $15-20k, you're not going to get a week at a 5 star all-inclusive. I highly recommend it.

I got a quote of 5200 for 6 nights in the Sandals Antigua resort, which is all-inclusive.

El Jefe
02-08-2007, 09:40 PM
I am 19 and we have only had 2 vacations in my whole life and none within the last 10 years lol. My dad owns a company and cant afford to take the time off.

58-4ever
02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
I am 19 and we have only had 2 vacations in my whole life and none within the last 10 years lol. My dad owns a company and cant afford to take the time off.

Well the good news is you're only 19. You have your whole ****ing life ahead of you to take some vacations!

Get a job, save some money, and go somewhere.

Psyko Tek
02-08-2007, 09:55 PM

I'm 42 and can count my vacations on one hand
unless you count times I was unemployed

58-4ever
02-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm 42 and can count my vacations on one hand
unless you count times I was unemployed

I guess you could count those. :bong:

BWillie
02-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Tell me about the best vacation you've ever had. Should I go all-inclusive? I may get married in August and we should have four or five thousand to spend. Any suggestions?

The best vacation I've ever had was Panama City Beach for Spring Break. That was BY FAR, the best week of my life. It was everything I want my life to be. Everyday you sleep in, wake up, put some steak on the grill at your beach house, head out to the beach with a big mug of rum and coke. Get sloshed, stare at 19 year old sluts all day. Then go back, kick it with your boys, playin drinking games. Get the hot chicks from next store to come over and have them make out and get naked with each other. Then go out to La Vela, Spinnaker, and Harpoon Harry's and narc your denim cock against chicks arses. Stumble around and watch hard rock cover bands. Then do it all over again, most glorious experience of my life. Stuff like this makes it hard for me to understand why I work so much. Work has ruined my life.

58-4ever
02-08-2007, 10:02 PM
The best vacation I've ever had was Panama City Beach for Spring Break. That was BY FAR, the best week of my life. It was everything I want my life to be. Everyday you sleep in, wake up, put some steak on the grill at your beach house, head out to the beach with a big mug of rum and coke. Get sloshed, stare at 19 year old sluts all day. Then go back, kick it with your boys, playin drinking games. Get the hot chicks from next store to come over and have them make out and get naked with each other. Then go out to La Vela, Spinnaker, and Harpoon Harry's and narc your denim cock against chicks arses. Stumble around and watch hard rock cover bands. Then do it all over again, most glorious experience of my life. Stuff like this makes it hard for me to understand why I work so much. Work has ruined my life.

There we go. This is what I was looking for out of this thread.

boogblaster
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Honeymoon in South-America its cheaper and maybe some militants will hold you for ransom...

Phobia
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Get the hot chicks from next store to come over

Are you sure you didn't mean "next door"?

58-4ever
02-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Are you sure you didn't mean "next door"?

Maybe not.

58-4ever
02-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Honeymoon in South-America its cheaper and maybe some militants will hold you for ransom...

See, that's something I'm trying to avoid. :shrug:

el borracho
02-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Acapulco...

No ---- I don't remember much except waking up on the bathroom floor 4 of the 6 days I spent there...
Acapulco sucks unless you are an eighteen year old American on Spring Break. If you are going to vacation in the Yucatan you should go to Playa del Carmen.

el borracho
02-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Best vacations I have ever had were Thailand and Costa Rica.

Rain Man
02-08-2007, 10:26 PM
You "may" get married? Does it depend on the parole hearing or something?

My most memorable vacation was traveling through India and Nepal many years ago, but it was a very hard trip in terms of ... well, everything. Not a place you'd go for a honeymoon, and it was very expensive.

My "best" vacation overall was probably to Egypt. That place is absolutely incredible, and it's cheaper than you would expect.

If you're going on a honeymoon-type trip, do Paris.

Halfcan
02-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Acapulco sucks unless you are an eighteen year old American on Spring Break. If you are going to vacation in the Yucatan you should go to Playa del Carmen.

Yep I was there last summer-nice place. Rode motor bikes around Cozumel-went to the ruins. Beautiful beaches, women, all inclusive. Nice place for a reasonable price.

KCChiefsMan
02-09-2007, 05:29 AM

I must say I've been to Panama City twice....both times were awesome until I became extremely ill....I don't know what it is about that place, but both times I've been there I got terribly ill after the first few days.

greg63
02-09-2007, 05:45 AM

Simply Red
02-09-2007, 06:17 AM

That is where we went as well. I second his recommendation...

Iowanian
02-09-2007, 07:58 AM
I haven't been to the Islands yet...but we enjoyed the Mayan Riviera of Mexico. You can do that for less money.

kepp
02-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Are you talking honeymoon or one-last-trip-while-I'm-single? My wife and I honeymooned at the Evason Resort (http://www.sixsenses.com/evason-phuket/) on the Thai island of Phuket. Great service, relaxing, beautiful...you can stay all week within the resort (swimming, great food, massages, etc) or you can choose to check out the culture around the island (Pattaya, nightlife, markets, local food, etc). The Evason owns their own island and you can take a longboat to it and spend the afternoon there on the beach with drinks and such. Very relaxing and lots to do if that's what you're looking for.

p.s.- We didn't pay for it so I really don't remember how much it costs.

RockChalk
02-09-2007, 09:25 AM

my god, Club La Vela. that place was frickin' huge. i spent a spring break down there and don't have too much memory of it. i know La Vela had a wet t-shirt contests everyday. not sure whether that is good or sad that the contest is all i remember. my only other memory of that trip is the elevator door opening only for me to find some chick passed out with a beer bong on top of her riding up and down the elevator. man Panama city was great.

Delano
02-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Are you talking honeymoon or one-last-trip-while-I'm-single? My wife and I honeymooned at the Evason Resort (http://www.sixsenses.com/evason-phuket/) on the Thai island of Phuket. Great service, relaxing, beautiful...you can stay all week within the resort (swimming, great food, massages, etc) or you can choose to check out the culture around the island (Pattaya, nightlife, markets, local food, etc). The Evason owns their own island and you can take a longboat to it and spend the afternoon there on the beach with drinks and such. Very relaxing and lots to do if that's what you're looking for.

p.s.- We didn't pay for it so I really don't remember how much it costs.

Wasn't that island smashed up by the tsunami a few years ago?

kepp
02-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Wasn't that island smashed up by the tsunami a few years ago?
Yes, but on the opposite side that the resort is on.

El Jefe
02-09-2007, 09:46 AM
boogblaster, "honeymoon in South America its cheaper and maybe some militans will hold you for ransom...", man you have at least one post a day that cracks me up.

Phobia
02-09-2007, 09:46 AM
I must say I've been to Panama City twice....both times were awesome until I became extremely ill....I don't know what it is about that place, but both times I've been there I got terribly ill after the first few days.

Face-licking can kill you.

Iowanian
02-09-2007, 09:48 AM
If you think that a spring break spot is a honeymoon location, you're not even close to ready.

Damn you phildo....damn you for ruining my "Noxema poisoning" blast.

58-4ever
02-09-2007, 09:49 AM
You "may" get married? Does it depend on the parole hearing or something?

My most memorable vacation was traveling through India and Nepal many years ago, but it was a very hard trip in terms of ... well, everything. Not a place you'd go for a honeymoon, and it was very expensive.

My "best" vacation overall was probably to Egypt. That place is absolutely incredible, and it's cheaper than you would expect.

If you're going on a honeymoon-type trip, do Paris.

When I say "may" it is actually a question of the date. It will be sometime between August and October.

Redrum_69
02-09-2007, 09:49 AM

Buy a plastic pool, go all out and spend some dough on the Nestle bottled water to fill up said pool, grab your trailer park inbred chick and toss her in said pool, rent some scuba gear..and when the neighbors ask you wtf you are doing...just tell them "I'm looking for clams".

also, buy some sand...or borrow some cat litter from your moms port-a-pottie...

chagrin
02-09-2007, 09:51 AM
save 2000 for the divorce, heh

j/k

Redrum_69
02-09-2007, 09:51 AM

wait...wait....Sooner COuntry?!?!

oh great...OKIE ALERT...OKIE ALERT!!!

58-4ever
02-09-2007, 09:55 AM
If you think that a spring break spot is a honeymoon location, you're not even close to ready.

Damn you phildo....damn you for ruining my "Noxema poisoning" blast.

I was just looking for some good vacation stories and possible honeymoon spots.

The Mexican resorts that are south of Cancun seem reasonable in price and seem to offer the same water and amenities. Thanks for the recommendations.

58-4ever
02-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Buy a plastic pool, go all out and spend some dough on the Nestle bottled water to fill up said pool, grab your trailer park inbred chick and toss her in said pool, rent some scuba gear..and when the neighbors ask you wtf you are doing...just tell them "I'm looking for clams".

also, buy some sand...or borrow some cat litter from your moms port-a-pottie...

ROFL I was going to make that the reception.

Iowanian
02-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I've stayed at the Bahia resorts down there....It was fine and a decent price. I didn't enjoy the snorkle trip, as it was more of a "how many of these people can I drown by swimming them to death at a high rate of speed for 2 hours" than a fish-coral observation excursion. I did enjoy the trips to the Mayan villages and Ruins though.

If you want to go a different direction, I had a very nice time in Madrid. You could kill a week there in a hurry and not spend alot of money. Go see the Aquaduct at segovia, hit the museums in Madrid, the Plaza de Torros...and enjoy the night life.

kepp
02-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I also hear Tel-Aviv is nice this time of year. Be sure to wear a black hood and a camo camelback and run down the street shouting "Allah acbar!" Its their version of Spain's running of the bulls.

WARPARTY70
02-09-2007, 10:39 AM
My honeymoon was to Niagara Falls,NY for a few days, then we drove to Toronto spent some time there. Toronto has the Hockey Hall of Fame which was a great time. We also drove to Cleveland to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and then on to Canton to the NFL Hall of Fame . I'm lucky to have a understanding wife who know my passion for sport and music to visit all of these places!!!!! By far my best vacation to date!!!!!

58-4ever
02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
My honeymoon was to Niagara Falls,NY for a few days, then we drove to Toronto spent some time there. Toronto has the Hockey Hall of Fame which was a great time. We also drove to Cleveland to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and then on to Canton to the NFL Hall of Fame . I'm lucky to have a understanding wife who know my passion for sport and music to visit all of these places!!!!! By far my best vacation to date!!!!!

I was with you until you mentioned the hockey hall of fame. There couldn't be a bigger "who gives a shit" factor there. And since we only have a week or so, I'd like to do as little actual travel time as possible.

Spain sounds like fun. How are the beaches there?

NewChief
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM

All inclusive is extremely nice for a honeymoon. You don't have to sweat anything and you can just pretty much hang out with each other. That being said, I prefer getting off the beaten path when I can.

My wife and I stayed here (http://irie.s5.com/) in Jamaica and "roughed it" for a few days before going here (http://www.islandoutpost.com/jakes/) and kicking it in a little bit higher style. Treasure Beach isn't your typical Jamaican experience, though. The beaches aren't like Negril's, but the people are way, way more authentic. You're not going to get hassled nonstop by people like you do in Negril or MoBay. The coolest thing that happened to us while was meeting an older group of locals at Jake's bar. WE started chatting with them and got to know them. They invited us to their house the next night for dinner and to hang out. They put out an absolutely amazing 5-course spread of local cuisine, and we hung out all night just talking and getting to know each other. That's the sort of thing that's not going to happen to you at an all-inclusive.

All that being said, my vacation time is limited these days. When I go, I want to go and juts relax and be pampered. DIY vacations can be seriously stressful, in fact, that's part of the "fun" of them. But it's just not what I'll be looking for out of my next vacation.