PDA

View Full Version : Damon Huard interview on Seattle radio station today..

Joe Seahawk
02-09-2007, 11:25 PM
FYI..

http://www.softycentral.com/ssnds2007/070209.huard.ram

greg63
02-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Well that seals the deal; He'll be the starting QB for the Seahawks next season. :p

Guru
02-09-2007, 11:38 PM
FYI..

http://www.softycentral.com/ssnds2007/070209.huard.ram
Can't install the player on my work computer. Can you sum up what was said please.

greg63
02-09-2007, 11:53 PM
It's Damon Huard!!!
Q: Do ya think you'll get a starting job somewhere or remain with the Chiefs?
A: Too early to tell.

SLAG
02-10-2007, 12:04 AM
hes going to test the F.A waters... but "anything can happen"

He would like to start somewhere

Deberg_1990
02-10-2007, 12:17 AM
hes going to test the F.A waters... but "anything can happen"

He would like to start somewhere

He proved he deserves the oppurtunity to start. I kind of wish it was in KC...but if not, i wish him the best.

Frazod
02-10-2007, 12:20 AM
He needs to be our starter next year. I just can't let go of the idea that the Indy game plays out totally differently if Huard was the starter. He had a confidence about him that Trent lost when he went down in against the Bungholes and never got back.

And when I think about those turds being Super Bowl champs.... f#ck :banghead:

Guru
02-10-2007, 12:20 AM
He proved he deserves the oppurtunity to start. I kind of wish it was in KC...but if not, i wish him the best.
Hootie?

crazycoffey
02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
did he give any props to Hootie?

SNR
02-10-2007, 12:24 AM
He said had he played in Indy, the Chiefs would have won

SNR
02-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Says Priest will play next season

SNR
02-10-2007, 12:26 AM
He met Todd Collins in a bar and had an awkward pause before looking at the floor and walking off. Said he never really liked that guy

SNR
02-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Says he'll leave KC because Dick Curl did a Dick Curl on his mom

meStevo
02-10-2007, 12:46 AM
He says he ****ed Lumberg

sedated
02-10-2007, 01:14 AM
He said had he played in Indy, the Chiefs would have won
:crybaby:

:shake:

Frazod
02-10-2007, 01:17 AM
:crybaby:

:shake:

SNR made all that shit up. But the bong down and slowly back away from the computer.....

sedated
02-10-2007, 01:18 AM
But the bong down and slowly back away from the computer.....

never. that's my pleasure.

(and Damon should have played in the Indy game, we would have won)

HMc
02-10-2007, 02:42 AM
also said he was nailing roaf's wife

crazycoffey
02-10-2007, 02:57 AM
roaf would kick his ass

Anyong Bluth
02-10-2007, 03:25 AM

greg63
02-10-2007, 05:02 AM
Says he'll leave KC because Dick Curl did a Dick Curl on his mom

:nosmilie:

…Just keeping with proper "Planet" etiquette when I see you post. :D

greg63
02-10-2007, 05:04 AM
SNR made all that shit up. But the bong down and slowly back away from the computer.....

LMAO

Did you mean to spell that with one "t" or two? :D

boogblaster
02-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Hootie is going to get his wish..long walks in the park,mist blowing in his face,sea-gulls shiting on his head and his man a starter in the NFL..Isn't love wonderful....

4th and Long
02-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I just can't let go of the idea that the Indy game plays out totally differently if Huard was the starter.
Jordan Black blocks better because Huard is the starter?

Count Zarth
02-10-2007, 09:04 AM
He said he mailed thankyou cards to every player in the NFC West.

Hoover
02-10-2007, 09:36 AM
He met Todd Collins in a bar and had an awkward pause before looking at the floor and walking off. Said he never really liked that guy

You have it wrong. It went something like this.

TC: Damon! Nice job in KC filling in for Trent.

DH: Thanks Todd, just doing my job.

TC: Shit, I'm thankful that never happened to me when I was in KC, its hard enouigh being a backup, but actually playing c'mon, they don't pay me enough,

Bill Lundberg
02-10-2007, 09:56 AM
He says he ****ed Lumberg

That's bullshit.

Demonpenz
02-10-2007, 10:37 AM
he talked about how trent wasn't the same after the injury and how he got rid of the ball faster

morphius
02-10-2007, 11:05 AM
He needs to be our starter next year. I just can't let go of the idea that the Indy game plays out totally differently if Huard was the starter. He had a confidence about him that Trent lost when he went down in against the Bungholes and never got back.

I don't even think that, I remember what he looked like in the last game where we couldn't run the ball at all, looked exactly like that playoff game in fact. I honestly think it would have looked exactly the same.

Coach
02-10-2007, 11:26 AM

Heh.

Welcome back, by the way.

Short Leash Hootie
02-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Jordan Black was blocking for him when he was putting up monster numbers and W's week in and week out...

Trent's inability to get rid of the ball was the reason he was sacked so much, Huard had the same shitty blockers blocking for him.

I don't understand how this concept is so hard to grasp around here.

Short Leash Hootie
02-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Huard will be our starter next year IMO.

Carl wants to win, Damon gives us a chance to be an 11 win team if we get a few missing pieces...

Our defense can only improve next year...Herm proved he knows what he's doing on that side of the ball.

Spott
02-10-2007, 11:37 AM

Who's Todd Collins?

greg63
02-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Huard will be our starter next year IMO.

Carl wants to win,...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks; I needed a good laugh.

Oh wait; you are serious.

greg63
02-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Where the blue blazes have you been young man!? :D

Spott
02-10-2007, 11:43 AM
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks; I needed a good laugh.

Oh wait; you are serious.

What he really meant is that Carl wants to win just enough to keep the fans paying higher & higher ticket prices every year.

Deberg_1990
02-10-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't understand how this concept is so hard to grasp around here.

Because Trent won multiple SB's and cured cancer havent you heard??

greg63
02-10-2007, 11:46 AM
What he really meant is that Carl wants to win just enough to keep the fans paying higher & higher ticket prices every year.

Well, that makes sense.

Short Leash Hootie
02-10-2007, 12:33 PM
You guys are fuggin' idiots if you don't think Carl wants to win football games...

Let's use some logic here:

Who is going to win more football games for the KC Chiefs next year? Croyle or Huard?

That's why it'll either be Huard or Green as our starter, and Huard is who I think it will be. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong, we all know what happened last time...

Manila-Chief
02-10-2007, 01:28 PM

I believe it was Trent had trouble with the philosophy Herm wanted to run on offense ... Gretz mentioned it in an article the other day.

My take on who should be QB ... true, Trent is the better QB running the D.V. down the field offense, but Herm is taking us back to Martyball on O ... therefore, Green is not as good running it ... Huard did well until his last game (that may spell trouble it he is QB for the whole season) ... therefore, I think he is the better QB for Herm's philosophy. Huard is a little younger than Trent ... he can start a year or 3 to give Croyle time to develop.

It's not like we will win anything next year anyway!!!! Well, that statement may mean we ought to start the kid next year and see what he can do ... but, if we do Huard would be an excellent fall back QB for us.

Coach
02-10-2007, 01:46 PM
You guys are fuggin' idiots if you don't think Carl wants to win football games...

Who is going to win more football games for the KC Chiefs next year? Croyle or Huard?

That's why it'll either be Huard or Green as our starter, and Huard is who I think it will be. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong, we all know what happened last time...

Whoever the starting QB on that offense is going to be irrevelent. Remember, Herm wants to simplfy the offense. Our offense is right about the level of what Herm is used to coaching -- a good NFL Europe offense.

So, it doesn't matter if we have Peyton Manning back there, we won't win many football games becuase of poor coaching, poor decision making abilities, and poor game management.

htismaqe
02-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Cut the old, start the young.

Nightwish
02-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Can't install the player on my work computer. Can you sum up what was said please.
Here's the transcript:

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.But one hundred years later, the Negro still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the Negro is still languishing in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land. So we have come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.In a sense we have come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds." But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. So we have come to cash this check — a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice. We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quick sands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children.It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.As we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality. We can never be satisfied, as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities. We can never be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow jail cells. Some of you have come from areas where your quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive.Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to South Carolina, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of despair.I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.I have a dream today.I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.I have a dream today.I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.And when this happens, When we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

SNR
02-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Whoever the starting QB on that offense is going to be irrevelent. Remember, Herm wants to simplfy the offense. Our offense is right about the level of what Herm is used to coaching -- a good NFL Europe offense.

So, it doesn't matter if we have Peyton Manning back there, we won't win many football games becuase of poor coaching, poor decision making abilities, and poor game management.I gotta agree though that Huard would make a much better QB than Green in that style. Huard played some smart football for those couple of games and didn't make any stupid mistakes. Herm wants to simplify the offense, and a more efficient QB than Green like Huard will only make the unit run better.

And don't say "give it to the kid." We'll see, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Croyle isn't ready

htismaqe
02-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I gotta agree though that Huard would make a much better QB than Green in that style. Huard played some smart football for those couple of games and didn't make any stupid mistakes. Herm wants to simplify the offense, and a more efficient QB than Green like Huard will only make the unit run better.

And don't say "give it to the kid." We'll see, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Croyle isn't ready

If you NEVER play him, he'll NEVER be ready.

KC isn't going to win a Super Bowl next year, not with Croyle, not with Green, and not with Huard.

This team is about the future, and the future is now. See also: Denver.

Baconeater
02-10-2007, 02:00 PM

I don't doubt Carl wants to win, as long as it doesn't affect the bottom line. :)

And unless you have some way of proving we would have been better off with Huard being the starter you shouldn't be so quick to pat yourself on the back. Just because we didn't get to the Super Bowl with Trent doesn't mean you were right.

SNR
02-10-2007, 02:06 PM
If you NEVER play him, he'll NEVER be ready.Do you mean like Tony Romo?

It's not that I don't think he's mentally ready to start, it's that I don't think he's physically ready. Are all his injuries behind him to the point that he'll re-aggravate them in some way during the season?

I'd like to see him bulk up a bit. He's going to be taking a hit or two if he plays.

The Chiefs aren't necessarily rebuilding, but they're trying to get younger. We've got AT LEAST another season until we have to worry about throwing Croyle in there

Manila-Chief
02-10-2007, 02:20 PM
If you NEVER play him, he'll NEVER be ready.

KC isn't going to win a Super Bowl next year, not with Croyle, not with Green, and not with Huard.

This team is about the future, and the future is now. See also: Denver.

Bug ... I agree but I would say it ... winning is not the most important thing to Kingless .... the bottom line is his most important fact. He'd love to win but he is more about making money.

Htsmage ... you are correct on all points. Personally, I don't see us winning as long as Kingless and/or Herm are here, therefore, I agree ... play the kid. See what he can do. If he develops we have a cheap QB for the future. If he fails then try Printers.

Since we are 2 to 4 years away from being a contender, maybe the best thing would be to cut Green, not sign Huart (save all that cap money for a LT), draft or pick up another QBOTF type and try one after the other. Maybe we find our Farve/Brady/new Dawson. If we don't we are in no worse shape than if we don't try.

Now, it would be a totally different story if we were just a couple of outstanding defensive players away from winning it all. But, we are not. Now we got big holes to fill on O and several on D .... our CB's are not the best in the NFL because they are getting older and losing (not a step) but steps... need 2 DT's ... and at least one LB ... strangely Safty is a position of strength... threfore, Huard will not win a S.B. for us coz it will take us too long to build a team. If the kid develops (and I really hope he does ... KC needs a success story ... or at least I need a success story with my Chiefs) then they can build the team around him.

Bottom line ... does't look like it will be too enjoyable watching the Chiefs the next 3 to 5 years????

Sorry guys for the rambling, bambling, bungling post....

Manila-Chief
02-10-2007, 02:26 PM

Coach, gotta give you props!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: It would be really funny except it is soooooooo true!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Easy 6
02-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Bottom line ... does't look like it will be too enjoyable watching the Chiefs the next 3 to 5 years????

Its always disappointing to see so many people say "well, we'll need another 2 or 3 years", i honestly dont believe it to be true. Teams make HUGE leaps every single year, say what you will about how we got there, but we WERE a playoff team...so the leap isnt nearly as big as several others teams have made.

We are 3 starters away from contending & no, thats not rose colored glasses.

DT

LT

WR

If we can square those spots away, we could very well make a REAL run in 07.

SNR
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Its always disappointing to see so many people say "well, we'll need another 2 or 3 years", i honestly dont believe it to be true. Teams make HUGE leaps every single year, say what you will about how we got there, but we WERE a playoff team...so the leap isnt nearly as big as several others teams have made.

DT

LT

WR

If we can square those spots away, we could very well make a REAL run in 07.If we lose Mitchell, we'll need a new starter at MLB.

Easy 6
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
While we did have some ugly losses, we also had some great wins...

Defending NFC champs??? We beat'em.

High Flying Rams??? We beat'em

The overblown donx??? We beat'em.

Almighty Eggo??? We beat'em.

The smashmouth jags??? We beat'em.

You dont get wins against those 5 without having a very good core of players, lets see if we can add the final pieces in 07 & then LOOK OUT!!!

Easy 6
02-10-2007, 03:03 PM
If we lose Mitchell, we'll need a new starter at MLB.

My $$$ says he stays right here, he has a good rapport with & the confidence of his DC. If he's smart & loves the game like i think he does he'll stay where his best chance of success is... :arrow: .

Extra Point
02-10-2007, 03:06 PM
We had a pretty simplified offense with Huard at QB, and won more than we lost. Resigning him, even if we bench Green after failing to fire-sale him, makes sense. Croyle would work at 3rd string, and put Printers on the practice squad.

Coach
02-10-2007, 03:06 PM
My $$$ says he stays right here, he has a good rapport with & the confidence of his DC. If he's smart & loves the game like i think he does he'll stay where his best chance of success is... :arrow: .

I disagree. The problem with Mitchell is that he's a poor fit for the cover 2 system. He's good against the run and playing a gap defense. He just isn't fast enough and doesn't have the instincts for coverage.

Of course, his tackling was an issue, esepcially late during last year's season.

I think it's probably time to move on forward.

Easy 6
02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I disagree. The problem with Mitchell is that he's a poor fit for the cover 2 system. He's good against the run and playing a gap defense. He just isn't fast enough and doesn't have the instincts for coverage.

Of course, his tackling was an issue, esepcially late during last year's season.

I think it's probably time to move on forward.

I totally disagree Coach, he ran a 4.55 coming out of college, thats PLENTY fast for a MLB. Do you remember him going step for step with Mess down the seam in 05???

IMO his coverage has improved every season, he seems to come up with a few picks every year.

We'll see what happens, but i definitely believe that the front office/coaches want him back & will try to keep him.

htismaqe
02-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Do you mean like Tony Romo?

It's not that I don't think he's mentally ready to start, it's that I don't think he's physically ready. Are all his injuries behind him to the point that he'll re-aggravate them in some way during the season?

I'd like to see him bulk up a bit. He's going to be taking a hit or two if he plays.

The Chiefs aren't necessarily rebuilding, but they're trying to get younger. We've got AT LEAST another season until we have to worry about throwing Croyle in there

Bulk up why? Have you seen him lately, or are you just repeating what you've heard?

I saw him standing next to Green at the Eggo game - I was a few yards away behind them - and they're the same size...

Manila-Chief
02-10-2007, 04:42 PM

DT

LT

WR

If we can square those spots away, we could very well make a REAL run in 07.

You left out the most important position ... Head Coach!!!!!

Manila-Chief
02-10-2007, 04:53 PM
I sorry to come across so cynical, Scott Free. Maybe you are a younger fan and will be satisfied with just having a winning season. Not me!!!! After following this team since 1963 with not even playing in the big game since the late 60's has me highly skeptical. IMHO Herm has proven he is not a championship coach. (I'm watching Sean Payton lead the NFC in the pro-bowl. He took the talent he found in N.O. and went to the NFC championship game. Kingless could have hired someone like him instead of one of his home boy network guys.) Kingless is only interested in making money. Plus, the Hunt family seems to have lost their desire to win ... thus, I doubt we win with present leadership in place.

milkman
02-10-2007, 05:36 PM
I sorry to come across so cynical, Scott Free. Maybe you are a younger fan and will be satisfied with just having a winning season. Not me!!!! After following this team since 1963 with not even playing in the big game since the late 60's has me highly skeptical. IMHO Herm has proven he is not a championship coach. (I'm watching Sean Payton lead the NFC in the pro-bowl. He took the talent he found in N.O. and went to the NFC championship game. Kingless could have hired someone like him instead of one of his home boy network guys.) Kingless is only interested in making money. Plus, the Hunt family seems to have lost their desire to win ... thus, I doubt we win with present leadership in place.

I have been watching since '63 as well, and look on this team with the same cynicism as you.

However, I disagree with your opinion that Carl only wants to make money.
I think that is utter bull.
If you are a winner, you'll make money, and I have no doubt that Carl is fully aware of that.

The problem is, IMO, that Carl simply isn't willing to make the sacrifices necessary to build a true SB contender.

Craash
02-10-2007, 05:46 PM
For what its worth, at the colts 'game'.
http://www.twinblessing.com/ftp/IMG_5550.jpg
Bulk up why? Have you seen him lately, or are you just repeating what you've heard?

I saw him standing next to Green at the Eggo game - I was a few yards away behind them - and they're the same size...

SNR
02-10-2007, 05:49 PM

I saw him standing next to Green at the Eggo game - I was a few yards away behind them - and they're the same size...So barring Tom Nalen switching to defensive tackle, you're saying Croyle will last an entire season?

Count Zarth
02-10-2007, 05:52 PM
That's not really a good picture...can't tell what Brodie looks like at all. In fact I bet you couldn't tell unless he took off his shirt.

Easy 6
02-10-2007, 06:19 PM

No need to apologize my friend & i am not satisfied with a nice looking 11-5, we all want a Champiopnship. I totally agree about Payton, NOBODY is more awed by his success than i, he's maybe the best coach in the NFL based on what he did with the talent at hand & his draft.

But i disagree about Herm, did he disappoint BIG time at times??? ABSOLUTELY, but he has an eye for talent & has this D going places & if we can get a cohesive gameplan together...with PLAYERS THAT FIT the new O style, we could really hurt some people.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2007, 12:02 AM
The problem is, IMO, that Carl simply isn't willing to make the sacrifices necessary to build a true SB contender.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Of course Carl wants to win. Who wants to lose?? Seriously....

He always keeps the team competetive. They never go into the tank. But on the flip side, they have never been a true "powerhouse" either.

Its like he keeps thinking that someday they may just "luck" into a championship???

Short Leash Hootie
02-11-2007, 01:07 AM
I don't doubt Carl wants to win, as long as it doesn't affect the bottom line. :)

And unless you have some way of proving we would have been better off with Huard being the starter you shouldn't be so quick to pat yourself on the back. Just because we didn't get to the Super Bowl with Trent doesn't mean you were right.
I think everyone with any common sense has come to the conclusion, by now, that switching QB's was a mistake.

Tribal Warfare
02-11-2007, 02:41 AM
I think everyone with any common sense has come to the conclusion, by now, that switching QB's was a mistake.

ROFL :shake: yeah right

milkman
02-11-2007, 06:17 AM
While we did have some ugly losses, we also had some great wins...

Defending NFC champs??? We beat'em.

A 9-7 team, who played without Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander against us.

High Flying Rams??? We beat'em

Didn't make the playoffs in the weak NFC

The overblown donx??? We beat'em.

The overblown donx, who also didn't make the playoffs.

Almighty Eggo??? We beat'em.

OK, one win against a good team.

The smashmouth jags??? We beat'em.

Who?
Who is their QB
Another bad team.

You dont get wins against those 5 without having a very good core of players, lets see if we can add the final pieces in 07 & then LOOK OUT!!!

I'm sorry, but you don't have any freakin' idea what the hell you're talking about.

GoTrav
02-11-2007, 06:44 AM

In the Indy game, the game plan was to run, not throw. IMO, we would have played it the exact same way regardless of who was in there. It was brainless and predictable. What irritates me more about the passing game this year is it seemed we never used play action.

The question I have is why hasn't Huard's name surfaced at all in the media. You would think Garcia was the only free agent QB.

Manila-Chief
02-11-2007, 07:43 AM

Who?
Who is their QB
Another bad team.

I'm sorry, but you don't have any freakin' idea what the hell you're talking about.

Good job Milkman!!! You really put things into prespective. In addition, inspite of what many are saying, we only backed into the playoffs and were not that good of a team.

Black Ice, you are right on regarding the game plan. It went just as Herm plans to run his offense. Yeah, I agree with trying to establish the run but after a couple of time you ought to wise up and run a play action pass on first down. That attitude is why I think Herm will never win a championship.... as I edit this .... it just hit me ... why did he mess around last year ... why didn't he just tear up the offense and install his own from the beginning. We would be further along in it's development this year.

It does seem that Huard ran Herm's offense better than Green, so he seems to be the better choice. Green is better at running a "scoring" offense that takes chances (I think he can still be a winning QB and is not damaged goods) ... but he is too old to wait for the next coaching change ... therefore, Kingless/Herm ought to go another direction.

I think the Kid should be 1st. choice. Huard will not settle for playing back up and especially back up for a Kid. Herm thinks he can win next year. So, best choice is to sign Huard, then say thank you very much to Trent and cut him, allow Croyle to earn the 2nd. string job, and look for a number 3. Sorry, I think Printers is not NFL material, and if that is correct why keep him around.

boogblaster
02-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Every thing just said has truths..we need a QB that can stretch the field..Defences can predict our every move..Green has never had the long-ball in his forte..Huard probably won't be the answer either..true he had a run looked good at times but shaky too..The kid might have what it takes..we'll never know unless they play him.....

Deberg_1990
02-11-2007, 09:12 AM

Who?
Who is their QB
Another bad team.

I think hes just trying to say we are neither as bad as the detractors think, nor are we truly anyting special either.

9-7 is what it is......

Just where Carl likes us to be. "Anything can happen once you make the tournament' HAHAHAHA

Easy 6
02-11-2007, 09:16 AM

Who?
Who is their QB
Another bad team.

:rolleyes:

milkman
02-11-2007, 09:19 AM
:rolleyes:

Did I skew any facts?

Easy 6
02-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Did I skew any facts?

Look, i am usually a glass half full kinda guy. I try to dwell on positives & i see a lot more of them than you & a lot of others.

I think we are 3 players away from being a contender, you dont. We'll find out the truth in 07.

milkman
02-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Look, i am usually a glass half full kinda guy. I try to dwell on positives & i see a lot more of them than you & a lot of others.

I think we are 3 players away from being a contender, you dont. We'll find out the truth in 07.

On offense we have questions at both tackle spots, guard, center, WR, and QB.

On defense we have questions at both tackle spots, MLB and Will.
Add the question of aging corners.

So tell me, what three players are going to answer all those questions?

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 09:34 AM

The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost.

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 09:35 AM
The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost.
Even then it may be a stretch for Carl.

Damnit Carl!!!!

Easy 6
02-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Besides looking for a LT in the draft or FA, we do have a number of guys on the roster who could step up like Terry, Svitek & Niswanger. Nobodys become solid starters every year, thats the way it works.

WR - I'm sure that will be addressed, not to mention that we do have some young guys that are expected to rise up like Webb.

QB - We will keep either Green or Huard & i will be comfortable going in with either.

LB's - I think we have a relatively deep group & who knows what the draft or FA will bring.

CB's - Same deal.

DT - We have questions at 1 spot & you know that its gonna be a priority. How many teams have studs at both spots??? We need 1 player with star quality & what we already have can compliment him.

Go ahead & poo-poo my take, it doesnt matter to me in the least. I'm not going to sway your opinion & vice/versa.

RedNeckRaider
02-11-2007, 09:57 AM

Dang Milk don't break the kids spirit, us oldtimers are jaded! The youngsters may lack knowledge but they make up for it with Madden football games and blind faith. Let him earn his bitterness like we did. You know years of overlooking the holes hoping for the best and getting kicked in the nuts come playoff time year after year :)

milkman
02-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Besides looking for a LT in the draft or FA, we do have a number of guys on the roster who could step up like Terry, Svitek & Niswanger. Nobodys become solid starters every year, thats the way it works.

WR - I'm sure that will be addressed, not to mention that we do have some young guys that are expected to rise up like Webb.

QB - We will keep either Green or Huard & i will be comfortable going in with either.

LB's - I think we have a relatively deep group & who knows what the draft or FA will bring.

CB's - Same deal.

DT - We have questions at 1 spot & you know that its gonna be a priority. How many teams have studs at both spots??? We need 1 player with star quality & what we already have can compliment him.

Go ahead & poo-poo my take, it doesnt matter to me in the least. I'm not going to sway your opinion & vice/versa.

You're right.
There are always unexpected players that step up, but we are talking about 12 out of 22 positions on the field, and to hope that more than a couple or 3 step up is unrealistic.

We can also realistically only hope for, at best, 3 new starters from the draft.

that would still leave 6 questions to be answered, in a best case scenario.

milkman
02-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Dang Milk don't break the kids spirit, us oldtimers are jaded! The youngsters may lack knowledge but they make up for it with Madden football games and blind faith. Let him earn his bitterness like we did. You know years of overlooking the holes hoping for the best and getting kicked in the nuts come playoff time year after year :)

It's my job to shatter hopes and dreams.

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 10:04 AM
It's my job to shatter hopes and dreams.
I thought that was Carl's job.

Easy 6
02-11-2007, 10:05 AM

HEH!!!

Not bad!!!

milkman
02-11-2007, 10:11 AM

No.
Carl's job is to sell the masses on hopes and dreams, which he is very good at, as evidenced by the fact that the Chiefs are still selling out.

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 10:13 AM
No.
Carl's job is to sell the masses on hopes and dreams, which he is very good at, as evidenced by the fact that the Chiefs are still selling out.Yes,. According to recent news they selling naming rights.

Damnit Carl!!!