PDA

View Full Version : How about Ditching Baylor and adding Arkansas in Big XII??

Ari Chi3fs
02-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Arkansas needs to be in the Big 12. Lets get rid of Baylor and entice the Razorbacks into our conference. The Geo-proximity of Arkansas makes a lot of sense.

How can we get it done?

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Arkansas wont leave the very lucrative SEC for the BIG XII

I can see why you want Baylor out of the Big XII, I have heard they more National Championships outside of Basketball and Football then any other Big XII school.

Are they making the rest of the Big XII look bad?

chiefsfan987
02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't really see the point in getting rid of Baylor, but if you want to add Arkansas why not add WSU or Missouri State and have north and south conferences of 7 a piece?

Ari Chi3fs
02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Baylor is the only team without its state in the team name. And for that, they should be banquished.

Seriously, I don't care about how many Jai' Alai championships they have.

**** Baylor.

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Baylor is the only team without its state in the team name. And for that, they should be banquished.

**** Baylor.

Hate much?

They arent going anywhere.... Nor is Arkansas....

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-10-2007, 04:23 PM
While you're at it, give Colorado to the Mountain West and replace them with Iowa.

Spott
02-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm for ditching all the Texas schools and calling it the Big 8.

chiefsfan987
02-10-2007, 04:27 PM

:clap: Thats the best idea yet.

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 04:29 PM

Beautiful Spott!

Skip Towne
02-10-2007, 04:36 PM
They have talked about adding Arkansas to the Big 8/XII for 50 years. They have always come up with a better deal elsewhere.

sedated
02-10-2007, 04:39 PM
While you're at it, give Colorado to the Mountain West and replace them with Iowa.

that's the best idea I've heard all day

Bowser
02-10-2007, 04:43 PM
If Baylor gets the boot, my money would be on TCU joining the Big XII.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-10-2007, 04:53 PM
that's the best idea I've heard all day
It actually makes a lot of sense. That would put sCUm and Colo State in the same conference, Iowa and Iowa State in the same conference and the Big 10 would have 10 schools in it again.

Extra Point
02-10-2007, 04:54 PM
That'll work!

Ari Chi3fs
02-10-2007, 04:55 PM
It actually makes a lot of sense. That would put sCUm and Colo State in the same conference, Iowa and Iowa State in the same conference and the Big 10 would have 10 schools in it again.

Sweet, so get rid of COlorado, add Iowa. Get rid of Baylor, add Arkansas.

I love it!

Done!

BWillie
02-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Sweet, so get rid of COlorado, add Iowa. Get rid of Baylor, add Arkansas.

I love it!

Done!

I'd still get rid of Baylor, add Iowa. Leave Colorado. Usually Colorado can play football, and they traditionally haven't been nearly as bad as Baylor at basketball. Baylor has their own players kill each other, have good recruiting classes in basketball and still don't amount to shit. On top of that, they should be thrown out just because their women's basketball team is so good. What a waste.

No Iowa fan except me is going to want to join the Big 12 though, no way. Iowa is through and through a Big 10 school, and they play ISU once a year in all sports anyway. I would be in the .005 of IOWA FANS that would actually like Iowa in the Big 12. But how cool would this be..

NORTH
Iowa
Iowa State
Colorado
Nebraska
Missouri
Kansas State

SOUTH
Kansas
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

Why don't we just make the South a seperate conference in basketball, just add KU to add some flavor to it, since all the teams in the North are dog shit anyway.

Braincase
02-10-2007, 05:03 PM

No private schools, please.

Skip Towne
02-10-2007, 05:05 PM
The only reason Baylor is in the Big XII is that former Texas Gov. Ann Richards (a Baylor alum) had enough pull to get them in. All political.

htismaqe
02-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Iowa will never join the Big 12. It's much more likely that Iowa State would join the Big 10.

It all comes down to $$$.

Mr. Laz
02-10-2007, 06:50 PM
getting rid of baylor and adding another from further North sounds good to me.

**** Texas

Saulbadguy
02-10-2007, 08:05 PM

**** Baylor.
In the 1st tier college sport (football), Baylor has scoreboard on KU, and leads the all time series vs KU, and has a more recent conference championship than KU, and has been to more bowl games than KU.

I wouldn't talk shit on Baylor if I were KU.

Saulbadguy
02-10-2007, 08:07 PM
The only reason Baylor is in the Big XII is that former Texas Gov. Ann Richards (a Baylor alum) had enough pull to get them in. All political.
That is a fact. They would have screwed with the other 3 Texas schools funding if Baylor wasn't allowed in.

In terms of basketball, yeah, they are pathetic, but basketball is 2nd fiddle to football. They suck in football too, but not anymore than Kansas.

sportsman1
02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Theres been rumors of expanding to 14 teams (They own rights to name Big14). If they expanded to 14 they would add TCU and and someone else like Iowa would be my bet. TCU would be in the Big12 today if it wasnt for Ann Richards and her politicing to get Baylor in. Baylor was never really wanted in the Big 12. Arkansas however is not about to leave the Sec, Sec is probably the best conference in football and rivals big 12 atleast even in everything else.

Skip Towne
02-10-2007, 08:17 PM
That is a fact. They would have screwed with the other 3 Texas schools funding if Baylor wasn't allowed in.

In terms of basketball, yeah, they are pathetic, but basketball is 2nd fiddle to football. They suck in football too, but not anymore than Kansas.
KSU has the sorriest football past in the Big 8 + XII. They were absolutely bottom of the barrel nationally for 25 years. They even considered quitting football.

Saulbadguy
02-10-2007, 08:20 PM
KSU has the sorriest football past in the Big 8 + XII. They were absolutely bottom of the barrel nationally for 25 years. They even considered quitting football.
Yeah, but what about now, Skip?

Sam Hall
02-10-2007, 08:22 PM

Bingo. Baylor would have to be replaced with another Texas school. I don't think Baylor is a legit Div.-1 sports school, particularly in football and basketball. Their teams have never done anything as far as I'm concerned. TCU would be a pain in the ass to play every year in football. TCU has some history considering LaDanian Tomlinson went there. They recently beat Oklahoma.

Saulbadguy
02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Theres been rumors of expanding to 14 teams (They own rights to name Big14). If they expanded to 14 they would add TCU and and someone else like Iowa would be my bet. TCU would be in the Big12 today if it wasnt for Ann Richards and her politicing to get Baylor in. Baylor was never really wanted in the Big 12. Arkansas however is not about to leave the Sec, Sec is probably the best conference in football and rivals big 12 atleast even in everything else.
Iowa isn't going anywhere. They enjoy getting their asses handed to them in the Big 10 year in and out. Well, they get alot of $$$. Alot.

I wouldn't know who we would add.

Marlboro_Chief
02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
TCU has some history considering LaDanian Tomlinson went there.

TCU also has Sammy Baugh, Bob Lilly and Davey O'Brien to their credit.

Baylor has Mike Singletary, though.

Bob Dole
02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Why would you want to add a second tier SEC school to the Big XII?

Sam Hall
02-10-2007, 08:27 PM
I don't know if Colorado State has a big enough enrollment to be placed in the Big XII, but that's the school I immediately thought about along with TCU. They beat the Buffs on a regular basis.

Saulbadguy
02-10-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't know if Colorado State has a big enough enrollment to be placed in the Big XII, but that's the school I immediately thought about along with TCU. They beat the Buffs on a regular basis.
Why does enrollment matter?

Saulbadguy
02-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Why would you want to add a second tier SEC school to the Big XII?
Because we are a 2nd tier conference.

Sam Hall
02-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Why does enrollment matter?

For lots of reasons. Bigger schools get more funding. A school wouldn't join the conference if its athletic budget and revenue put it at a disadvantage. I don't know how big Colorado State's football stadium and basketball arena are. Colorado State is already in a good conference, so I'm sure they could make the jump to Big XII.

Skip Towne
02-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, but what about now, Skip?
What about it? It is funny hearing KSU fans bad mouth any school with its abysmal sports teams both past and recent. I'd go hide under the bed if I was a KSU fan. Not take shots at superior schools. Who is the only school in the Bg XII without a NC in anything. STFU, Saul.

Bob Dole
02-10-2007, 08:36 PM
If there are any domain gamblers around, big14sports.com is available...

Saulbadguy
02-10-2007, 08:38 PM
For lots of reasons. Bigger schools get more funding. A school wouldn't join the conference if its athletic budget and revenue put it at a disadvantage. I don't know how big Colorado State's football stadium and basketball arena are. Colorado State is already in a good conference, so I'm sure they could make the jump to Big XII.
Athletic budget matters, not enrollment.

Hell, Cameron Indoor Stadium holds more people than Duke has enrolled.

Bob Dole
02-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Athletic budget matters, not enrollment.

Hell, Cameron Indoor Stadium holds more people than Duke has enrolled.

But they don't have John Wayne as a mascot.

htismaqe
02-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Iowa isn't going anywhere. They enjoy getting their asses handed to them in the Big 10 year in and out. Well, they get alot of $$$. Alot.

I wouldn't know who we would add.

In football, they're right behind Michigan and Ohio State and right there with Wisconsin. Hardly getting their "asses handed to them year in and year out".

But that's beside the point - revenue sharing, baby.

DaKCMan AP
02-10-2007, 10:17 PM
You think Arkansas would leave the SEC for the Big 12??? LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Archie F. Swin
02-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Boot Colorado, insert Missouri State

KCBOSS1
02-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Hate much?

They arent going anywhere.... Nor is Arkansas....

Next year, Arkansas will be ranked top 5.

KCBOSS1
02-10-2007, 11:16 PM
no, Arkansas wouldn't leave the SEC for the Big 12.

big nasty kcnut
02-10-2007, 11:29 PM
I rather have colorado state. In the big 12 then arkansas.

Woodrow Call
02-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Boot Colorado, insert Missouri State

They would need to step up a class in football first.

Mile High Mania
02-11-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm all for Arkansas staying in the SEC and letting Houston Nutt join the Big 12.

Al Bundy
02-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Ehhh Arkansas wouldn't leave the SEC. The team you could add is TCU though. They used to be in that SWAC with the texas Schools. That was TCU Comes, Colorado goes tot he Mountain west and Iowa comes aboard.

JBucc
02-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm all for Arkansas staying in the SEC and letting Houston Nutt join the Big 12.I like that idea.

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I'd still get rid of Baylor, add Iowa. Leave Colorado. Usually Colorado can play football, and they traditionally haven't been nearly as bad as Baylor at basketball. Baylor has their own players kill each other, have good recruiting classes in basketball and still don't amount to shit. On top of that, they should be thrown out just because their women's basketball team is so good. What a waste.

No Iowa fan except me is going to want to join the Big 12 though, no way. Iowa is through and through a Big 10 school, and they play ISU once a year in all sports anyway. I would be in the .005 of IOWA FANS that would actually like Iowa in the Big 12. But how cool would this be..

NORTH
Iowa
Iowa State
Colorado
Nebraska
Missouri
Kansas State

SOUTH
Kansas
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

Why don't we just make the South a seperate conference in basketball, just add KU to add some flavor to it, since all the teams in the North are dog shit anyway.And lose the KU/MU rivalry? I think not. Maybe Colorado in the South but unlikely.

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Bingo. Baylor would have to be replaced with another Texas school. I don't think Baylor is a legit Div.-1 sports school, particularly in football and basketball. Their teams have never done anything as far as I'm concerned. TCU would be a pain in the ass to play every year in football. TCU has some history considering LaDanian Tomlinson went there. They recently beat Oklahoma.Plus that would make TCU eligable for a BCS game which they have trying real hard to keep them from.

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 09:01 AM
They would need to step up a class in football first.They have already beat KU. Close enough, I'd say.

WilliamTheIrish
02-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Plus that would make TCU eligable for a BCS game which they have trying real hard to keep them from.

TCU is already eligible for a BCS game.

WilliamTheIrish
02-11-2007, 11:14 AM
You think Arkansas would leave the SEC for the Big 12??? LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Hell no. Although there is a whole lot of incredible stupidity going on in this thread. CU to the Mountain West? What idiot thinks CU is going to leave a power conference for the Mountain West? They'd go to the PAC 10.

TCU would be a good addition. Houston U. would probably be an even better option. 30k plus enrollment. Big stadium, big arena. 8 million tv sets.

A very solid basketball history. Had a good football program for a while too.

WilliamTheIrish
02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
What about it? It is funny hearing KSU fans bad mouth any school with its abysmal sports teams both past and recent. I'd go hide under the bed if I was a KSU fan. Not take shots at superior schools. Who is the only school in the Bg XII without a NC in anything. STFU, Saul.

Yes, KSU lack that elusive NC. It keeps me up at night.

NewChief
02-11-2007, 11:41 AM
I like that idea.

No doubt. BTW, Friday's Wally Hall article was blistering if you didn't read it.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-11-2007, 11:41 AM
What idiot thinks CU is going to leave a power conference for the Mountain West?
Actually I was thinking more along the lines of the Big XII kicking them out rather than them leaving voluntarily. It's not like any of this is really going to happen anyway.

Saulbadguy
02-11-2007, 11:43 AM
CU has been vocal about wanting to join the Pac-10 in recent years.

Sam Hall
02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
CU has been vocal about wanting to join the Pac-10 in recent years.

Why? So they can be SC's biatch? Stick around and be Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma's biatch rochambeau

Sam Hall
02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm all for Arkansas staying in the SEC and letting Houston Nutt join the Big 12.

and make him regret not taking the Nebraska job for the rest of his career.

ChiefsCountry
02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
If you are going to raid the MWC, then go after either BYU or Utah. But the Big 12 needs Baylor, they serve the same purpose as Vanderbilt and Northwestern. If you are going to have a power fb conference, you need someone to beat up on. You have to give your power teams a team to beat the crap out of while helping you in the other sports, which Baylor has done.

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 08:48 PM
In 1978 Arkansas beat Oklahoma 31-6 to keep the Sooners from winning the National Championship. The season leading up to that game Arkansas played ALL of the top Big 8 teams and beat them. They printed t-shirts that read "Arkansas Razorbacks: The real Big 8 Champs"