PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most hated Chief of all time?

FDS
02-10-2007, 06:09 PM
This includes coaches and office personnel.

88TG88
02-10-2007, 06:11 PM
ryan sims gets my vote

Shadester
Elvis Grbac

Joie
Other than Carl? Elvis Grbac.

Bowser
You, if you work for the Chiefs.

Otherwise, Lin Lowery.

FDS
02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
PBJ

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

DJay23
02-10-2007, 06:14 PM
This is a no brainer.

and if you mention his name, you deserve to be kicked in the nuts.

Now stop asking stupid questions.

FDS
02-10-2007, 06:17 PM
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people who open and post on threads and then admit they were dumb enough to open it. You

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Skip Towne
02-10-2007, 06:19 PM
It would have to be :Lin:

Buck
02-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Is Elvis Grbac the one who cried?

Braincase
02-10-2007, 06:24 PM
This is a no brainer.

Now stop asking stupid questions.

I agree wholeheartedly. Screw you, Brian Jozwiak!

milkman
02-10-2007, 06:24 PM
You guys obsess to ****ing much about Lin Ellliot.

It's Marty's fault that he put an unreliable kicker in a position to fail, over and over.

And it's Carl's fault that Marty was in charge to begin with, as well as the useles muther****ers that followed.

The only answer is Carl.

Everyone else in the 18 years since is just the product of Carl's worthless attempts to field a real SB contender.

All he's managed, at best, is pretenders.

Slick32
02-10-2007, 06:29 PM

It's Marty's fault that he put an unreliable kicker in a position to fail, over and over.

And it's Carl's fault that Marty was in charge to begin with, as well as the useles muther****ers that followed.

The only answer is Carl.

Everyone else in the 18 years since is just the product of Carl's worthless attempts to field a real SB contender.

There are no Chiefs that I"ve ever hated. I"ve been disappointed in a few of them but I'm one of those fans that is there 100%.

After seeing the Chiefs play in SD a few years ago there are some Chiefs fans that made a good case for being hated, they did their best to make us all look bad.

Reerun_KC
02-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow,

Let's See?

Carl
Marty
Herm
Grbac
McGlockton
Cadrez
GROB
Any Donkey CastOFF we picked up...

K, back to homework

JohninGpt
02-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I always thought Bono was a turd.

Hound333
02-10-2007, 07:14 PM
CP That is all

Spott
02-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Well, that candy ass kicker who shall remain nameless will always be #1.

A distant second could be Bono, Grbac, Harvey Williams, CP, and just about any Chiefs defensive player between 2000 and 2005.

FDS
02-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow,

Let's See?

Carl
Marty
Herm
Grbac
McGlockton
Cadrez
GROB
K, back to homework

Kennison has been one of KC's better WRs of late.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Smed1065
02-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Lynn for sure!

CanadaKC
02-10-2007, 07:43 PM
who was the long-neck rb that defected to the raiders? anyways...HIM.

Spott
02-10-2007, 07:49 PM
who was the long-neck rb that defected to the raiders? anyways...HIM.

See post 17.

Marlboro_Chief
02-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Cadrez

Cadrez is engaged to former Playboy Playmate of the Year Brande Roderick. The hot blonde from the remake of Starsky and Hutch:(

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2286/a1xj5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

She recently became engaged to marry Glenn Cadrez, a former NFL linebacker who played for the New York Jets, Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brande_Roderick

milkman
02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Cadrez is engaged to former Playboy Playmate of the Year Brande Roderick. The hot blonde from the remake of Starsky and Hutch:(

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2286/a1xj5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

She recently became engaged to marry Glenn Cadrez, a former NFL linebacker who played for the New York Jets, Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brande_Roderick

It's about time that bastard finally hit someone.

FAX
02-10-2007, 08:43 PM

ROFL

Good one, Mr. milkman.

FAX

CoMoChief
02-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Besides Carl it's Lin **** Up.

Skip Towne
02-10-2007, 09:01 PM
I'd do her.

Extra Point
02-10-2007, 09:34 PM
John Matuzsak. 1st round bust that wound up wearing a SB ring for the Raiders. Poster guy for steroids.

Munson
02-10-2007, 10:22 PM
For me, its a toss up between Lin Elliot and Eric Warfield. :cuss:

RedNeckRaider
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
John Matuzsak. 1st round bust that wound up wearing a SB ring for the Raiders. Poster guy for steroids.
I think you may have him and Alzado mixed up on the steroids use. Tooz did alot of drugs but I have not heard anything about steroids.

Nightwish
02-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Definitely the kicker that can't be mentioned, with Grbac not far behind. I don't count Carl Peterson, because I don't consider him a "Chief," he's just a politician and a businessman.

Nightwish
02-10-2007, 10:36 PM
This is a no brainer.

Now stop asking stupid questions.If he's doing the kicking, I think the nuts are safe. And I'm pretty sure Jack Bernstein got royalties from that game!

"Laces out!!!"

Logical
02-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Carl Peterson

Deberg_1990
02-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Probably Grbac..

Definately Lin Ellicrap

Heck, even LJ to some extent a few years ago...

Maybe Carlton Gray. One of Carls infamous free agent pickups...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/1999/02/26/chiefs_sign_cornerback_carlton_gray_to_fiveyear_contract/

boogblaster
02-11-2007, 01:15 AM
far right elliott and lay-down grsuck a toss-up

Kerberos
02-11-2007, 06:56 AM
As anyone of you that sat in the COLD ASS STADIUM back in January 1995 (Like KCFalcon59 and I did) and watched "THE IDIOT KICKER" fuggin blow the game for us would know who to vote for.

As I agree with Milkman that CARL is to blame because it comes from the top DOWN... He didn't line up and miss field goal after field goal like the IDIOT KICKER.

That is all

BigRedChief
02-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Lin Ellliot.
http://www.forumspile.com/Post-Crap-Dog_Suicide.jpg

Direckshun
02-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Osama Bin Elliot

milkman
02-11-2007, 08:36 AM
http://www.forumspile.com/Post-Crap-Dog_Suicide.jpg

Leaving only Elliot's name in the quote is misleading to those who don't read the entire thread.

I don't hate Lin Elliot.

He was inconsistent going into the playoffs, and I, as afan, had no expectations of Elliot suddenly finding his stroke.

Why did Marty think he would?

And why did Carl hire Marty to begin with.

Elliot did his best, and clearly his best was never good enough, which is why he was available to begin with.

It all starts with Carl.

gblowfish
02-11-2007, 08:43 AM
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/chiefspage6.html

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Dick Vermeil... the author of "The pussification of a defense."

StcChief
02-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Considering all. now. Elliot was who we thought he was.

Blame falls on King Carl for 18 years of futility.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-11-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm not defending him so much but we wouldn't have Larry Johnson were it not for Carl Peterson. Also, we were the winningest team of the 90's. I know that doesn't mean as much when we can't win a playoff game to save our lives but still... it's something. Carl's biggest downfall imo is being too loyal to friends and former coaches instead of always doing what the team needs. I wouldn't be sad to see him go but he has done some good things.

And Marty Shottenheimer took a horrible 80's team and turned it into a yearly contender throughout the 90's. It's not like he's done better somewhere else and only fugged us over in the playoffs. I'm thankful Marty came along when he did... and then I was thankful when he left.

milkman
02-11-2007, 09:04 AM
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/chiefspage6.html

LMAO
Nice site G!

But it only provides further proof that Carl is incompetent and should be the man most hated.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Elliot did his best, and clearly his best was never good enough, which is why he was available to begin with.

Whats sad is, Elliott probably has the last laugh....he has a Super Bowl ring with the 92 Cowboys....

milkman
02-11-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm not defending him so much but we wouldn't have Larry Johnson were it not for Carl Peterson. Also, we were the winningest team of the 90's. I know that doesn't mean as much when we can't win a playoff game to save our lives but still... it's something. Carl's biggest downfall imo is being too loyal to friends and former coaches instead of always doing what the team needs. I wouldn't be sad to see him go but he has done some good things.

And Marty Shottenheimer took a horrible 80's team and turned it into a yearly contender throughout the 90's. It's not like he's done better somewhere else and only fugged us over in the playoffs. I'm thankful Marty came along when he did... and then I was thankful when he left.

It is an indisputable fact that both Marty and Carl returned this franchise to respectability, but after 10 years of playoff failure it was time for both to move on.

ChiTown
02-11-2007, 09:21 AM
"Carl Elliott"

wazu
02-11-2007, 11:39 AM
I no longer have any venom for "He Who Should Not Be Named". It's not his fault he sucked. It's Marty's fault for lining him up over and over again when we already knew he sucked.

I vote Sims at this point. That guy has absolutely disgusted me since the first day he was signed and I saw a picture of that gellatinous blob who apparently had done nothing but shove twinkies down his pie-hole all summer.

FAX
02-11-2007, 11:41 AM
I vote Grbac.

That guy was a dream killer and a heart breaker.

FAX

gblowfish
02-11-2007, 11:43 AM
If we're talking about Chiefs Fans, I'd say the most hated players would include:

"ET" Elliot
Elvis the Pants Wetter
Steve "Cant Get a Decent Meal" Bono
Harvey Williams & Ethan Horton (defected to evil Raiders)
Crispy and Toasty (Warfield & Bartee)

From other fans perspective, the players most hated were:

Fred "The Hammer" Williamson
Mark "Mighty Mouth" McMillan
Dale Carter (trash talker)
Jerome Woods (alleged cheap shots)

You can say King Carl is the most hated exec, but Jack Steadman ran the team into the ground from 1972-1987. That's fifteen years of crap, worse than even King Carl's tenure.

FDS
02-11-2007, 11:53 AM
In thread spin off

Future hated Chiefs?

Halfcan
02-11-2007, 01:31 PM

The only answer is Carl.

Yep just like keeping Tynes.

Rain Man
02-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Paul Hackett. No doubt about it. Paul Hackett.

Ultra Peanut
02-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I vote Grbac.

That guy was a dream killer and a heart breaker.

FAXAnd worse yet, a complete, unapologetic douchebag.

Flustrated
02-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I hated it when Joe Montana joined the Chiefs and the team automatically became, "his Chiefs". Even though Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, and the defense were clearly what made the teams perenial playoff contenders.

CoMoChief
02-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I really hated McCleon and Bartee. Siavii and Sims are up there. Basically it could be anyone who has played defense for the Chiefs from 2001-2004.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I always hated Gannon. I must admit he is one of the better ex-jocks doing games

Wile_E_Coyote
02-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I really hated McCleon and Bartee. Siavii and Sims are up there. Basically it could be anyone who has played defense for the Chiefs from 2001-2004.

The Texans must really, really suck

<A name=375303>Texans | Team expected to re-sign McCleon
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:34:54 -0800John Clayton (http://www.kffl.com/link/125), of ESPN.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/9), reports the Houston Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl) are expected to re-sign CB Dexter McCleon (http://www.kffl.com/player/1739/nfl).

milkman
02-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I hated it when Joe Montana joined the Chiefs and the team automatically became, "his Chiefs". Even though Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, and the defense were clearly what made the teams perenial playoff contenders.

It has been my contention since the Chiefs traded for Montana that it was a short sighted move.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2007, 05:10 PM
It has been my contention since the Chiefs traded for Montana that it was a short sighted move.

How can you say that?? He was the last QB to win a playoff game in KC and got as all the way to the AFC Championship...

Frazod
02-11-2007, 05:19 PM
My vote would have been for the Unmentionable Kicker.... UNTIL I watched Benedict Neil Smith get inducted into our Ring of Fame.

:Lin:

milkman
02-11-2007, 05:21 PM
How can you say that?? He was the last QB to win a playoff game in KC and got as all the way to the AFC Championship...

Yes, but we still didn't win, or even advance to, a SB, and he only gave us two years, in which he missed about 7 games to injury.

I felt at the time that Steve Buerlein would have been a more practical solution as a FA for the long term, and we could have used that first round pick we gave up for Montana.

I believe that the 9ers used that pick to take Dana Stubblefield.

With Buerlein, we would not have had to suffer through the Bono years, the Grbac years, and would never have had the Grbac/Gannon debate.

With Stubblefield, we might never have signed Chet McGlocton.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2007, 05:34 PM
With Buerlein, we would not have had to suffer through the Bono years, the Grbac years, and would never have had the Grbac/Gannon debate.

With Stubblefield, we might never have signed Chet McGlocton.

hahah...your overthinking it waaay too much. We could "what if" ourselves to death if we so desired....

I just prefer to remember that in spite of Bono and Grbac, we still won and won bigtime in a few of those seasons....

big nasty kcnut
02-11-2007, 05:42 PM
King Carl

milkman
02-11-2007, 05:42 PM
hahah...your overthinking it waaay too much. We could "what if" ourselves to death if we so desired....

I just prefer to remember that in spite of Bono and Grbac, we still won and won bigtime in a few of those seasons....

That may well be, but these are things I've thought about since.

But at the time, before we traded for Montana, I thought it was a bad idea, because he would not be a long term solution to the QB position.

I thought that Steve Buerlein could be.

As for Montana, he clearly wasn't, and we paid for that decision in the form of Bono and Grbac.

There, of course, are no guarantees that Buerlein would have been, but he did have a few good years, and I think the Chiefs version of the West Coast offense, he would have been a good fit.

Regardless, as great as Montana was, he was a short term solution to a long term problem.

And that problem continued to plague us for years after he retired.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2007, 05:52 PM
That may well be, but these are things I've thought about since.

But at the time, before we traded for Montana, I thought it was a bad idea, because he would not be a long term solution to the QB position.

I thought that Steve Buerlein could be.

As for Montana, he clearly wasn't, and we paid for that decision in the form of Bono and Grbac.

There, of course, are no guarantees that Buerlein would have been, but he did have a few good years, and I think the Chiefs version of the West Coast offense, he would have been a good fit.

Regardless, as great as Montana was, he was a short term solution to a long term problem.

And that problem continued to plague us for years after he retired.

Im not disagreeing with anything you said....but you are making assumptions that Carl and his cronies at the time would have felt the same way and made the same decisions.....highly doubtful...

milkman
02-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Im not disagreeing with anything you said....but you are making assumptions that Carl and his cronies at the time would have felt the same way and made the same decisions.....highly doubtful...

All the other things are just speculation.

The bottom line is, Joe Montana was a short term solution.
Buerlein could have been a long term solution.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2007, 06:07 PM
All the other things are just speculation.

The bottom line is, Joe Montana was a short term solution.
Buerlein could have been a long term solution.

Im not sure how much the Chiefs pursued Buerlein at the time? I remember them being somewhat interested in him at the time, but im not sure how serious they were??

He would have been good no doubt. I think he had a couple of Pro Bowl seasons in the late 90's with the Panthers??

Oh well....i doubt he would have made too much of a difference to be honest......we still had Marty, Hackett, and that crappy kicker...

Marlboro_Chief
02-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I always thought Bono was a turd.

Ironically, Bono represented the franchise in the Pro Bowl in February of 1996.

ChiefsLV
02-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Wow,

Let's See?

Carl
Marty
Herm
Grbac
McGlockton
Cadrez
GROB

K, back to homework

Who knew Glen Cadrez couldn't cover Shannon Sharpe one on one over the middle? :shrug: :banghead:

cdcox
02-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm going with Steadman.

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2007, 12:02 AM
No Roaf or Bono?

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2007, 12:22 AM
I voted for Carl for his ability to sign mediocre players then folds when the playoff begins.

King Carl's the one that built the Chiefs into mediocrty, and being complacent for just attaining the 500 mark

J Diddy
02-12-2007, 02:05 AM
I voted for Carl for his ability to sign mediocre players then folds when the playoff begins.

King Carl's the one that built the Chiefs into mediocrty, and being complacent for just attaining the 500 mark

that's ignorant

all a guy can do is sign players who can help a team win

if a guy takes a team to 13-3 then hes helped the team win