PDA

View Full Version : Any drinkers in Galveston next week?

Bob Dole
02-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Bob Dole's annual conference is in Galveston this year. Anyone interested in tipping a few and mumbling "Maybe next year." a lot?

RedNeckRaider
02-10-2007, 10:07 PM
No I won't be there, I have been saying "maybe next year" for several years if that helps.

Bob Dole
02-10-2007, 10:14 PM
No I won't be there, I have been saying "maybe next year" for several years if that helps.

Doesn't help too much. Bob Dole was more interested in the tipping a few part of the event.

Of course, they managed to schedule the damned conference so that none of the Galveston Mardi Gras stuff is happening while we're in town.

Killjoys.

RedNeckRaider
02-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Doesn't help too much. Bob Dole was more interested in the tipping a few part of the event.

Of course, they managed to schedule the damned conference so that none of the Galveston Mardi Gras stuff is happening while we're in town.

Killjoys.
That sucks, but I'm sure you will be able to cop a buzz none the less.

Bob Dole
02-10-2007, 10:45 PM
That sucks, but I'm sure you will be able to cop a buzz none the less.

The buzz is never an issue. Bob Dole just tries to take advantage of trips out of town and put faces with names of fellow Planeteers.

RedNeckRaider
02-10-2007, 10:54 PM
The buzz is never an issue. Bob Dole just tries to take advantage of trips out of town and put faces with names of fellow Planeteers.
I have met several from here, maybe sometime we will get the chance to toss back a couple in person. It is cool to see how they look compared to the minds eye.

Bob Dole
02-10-2007, 10:55 PM
I have met several from here, maybe sometime we will get the chance to toss back a couple in person. It is cool to see how they look compared to the minds eye.

Bob Dole has found that everyone is much taller than they appear on here.

RedNeckRaider
02-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Bob Dole has found that everyone is much taller than they appear on here.
LOL

SPchief
02-11-2007, 01:13 AM
I was at the boat tonight, and I'm pretty sure I saw stevie ray. I was at the poker table, so it was only a glance as he was walking by. So I could have been wrong.

Bob Dole
02-11-2007, 02:40 AM
I was at the boat tonight, and I'm pretty sure I saw stevie ray. I was at the poker table, so it was only a glance as he was walking by. So I could have been wrong.

At "the boat" in Galveston? There's a boat there?

Bob Dole remembers Doctor Rockets Blues Bar and not much else. And that's only because the Accord sales rep bought Bob Dole a t-shirt.

luv
02-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Warning: Thread Killer

When will you be coming through Springtown?

Bob Dole
02-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Warning: Thread Killer

When will you be coming through Springtown?

Bob Dole will probably head north for Spring Break (mid-March).

luv
02-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Bob Dole will probably head north for Spring Break (mid-March).
If it's on a weekend, let me know. Mid-week is a no guarantee show for me.

Bob Dole
02-11-2007, 02:56 AM
If it's on a weekend, let me know. Mid-week is a no guarantee show for me.

As far as Bob Dole can tell from discussions here, there are absolutely zero guarantees when it comes to the Springtown crew.

But your disclaimer has been duly noted.

luv
02-11-2007, 02:58 AM
As far as Bob Dole can tell from discussions here, there are absolutely zero guarantees when it comes to the Springtown crew.

But your disclaimer has been duly noted.
I'll show on a weekend. Just don't make it at like 10 in the morning. :)

Bob Dole
02-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Just a little bump for the weekday crowd.

Phobia
02-12-2007, 09:04 AM
I'd have come to meet you 3 years ago, Bob Dole.

StcChief
02-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Fun place to party when I was consulting in Houston in 1991.

chagrin
02-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Dude, is anyone here even close to Galveston? If ya can't get Planteers to drive 5 miles to Joe's for a party I highly doubt you're going to get any takers from 500 miles away, LOL!

When is this by the way?

sedated
02-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Just don't make it at like 10 in the morning. :)

we'll probably still be up

Bob Dole
02-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Dude, is anyone here even close to Galveston? If ya can't get Planteers to drive 5 miles to Joe's for a party I highly doubt you're going to get any takers from 500 miles away, LOL!

When is this by the way?

Bob Dole doesn't know if anyone is close to there, thus the public announcement rather than PM.

Bob Dole is going to be there Tuesday thru Thursday evenings, conveniently missing all the Mardi Gras stuff.