PDA

View Full Version : So you think you can shoot some good pool?

BigRedChief
02-11-2007, 12:43 AM
My first job was working at a pool hall. I shot pool 12 hours a day or more for years. I got to be good enough hustle a lot of good players but I was never this good with the trick shots.
SFW:
http://www.break.com/index/amazing_pool_shots.html

StcChief
02-11-2007, 07:58 AM
I grew up playing Snooker... still fairly good on a 7'/8' table.

phisherman
02-11-2007, 08:41 AM
that guy's a pretty good trick shot guy, but meh, trick shots never really did anything for me..the masse and jump shots are pretty impressive, but the ball placement shots aren't really all that difficult...

there's a reason that none of the best trick shot guys are top players in pocket billiard games...

at the pool hall i play at, we have a guy from st. louis that comes in 3-4 times a year who is a great trick shot player, but it's boring as hell watching him since it takes him a ton of tries to pull off most of the difficult shots...strange, the guy used to be a heck of a 9 ball/one pocket player, but now he spends so much time shooting trick shots that his pocket game skills have gone way down

bp

DeepSouth
02-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Do they have APA leagues in Missouri ?

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I got to play against Jeanette Lee once. She let me break... then she cleared off the table.

Bowser
02-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I got to play against Jeanette Lee once. She let me break... then she cleared off the table.

Did you at least kick her ass at darts?

phisherman
02-11-2007, 11:07 AM
that's the beauty of pool though...if you had run the table on jeanette, you could always say that you beat her...

it's one of the main reasons i love the game, no matter who's playing, any player can win on any given day. now i am realistic; i know that if i beat johnny archer or earl strickland a few times, i still realize that at the end of the day if we played 50 games, i will probably lose a great majority of them

bp

phisherman
02-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Do they have APA leagues in Missouri ?

they sure do. they're all over the place.

i believe that all the side pockets locations around KC have them at least.

bp

milkman
02-11-2007, 11:15 AM

No, but he fantasized about her ass while she was kicking his.

Stewie
02-11-2007, 11:16 AM

I've always enjoyed watching her play. Do you think the steel rod that was implanted near her spine is a competitive advantage? It definitely makes leaning over the table consistent shot after shot.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-11-2007, 11:16 AM
not even that.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I've always enjoyed watching her play. Do you think the steel rod that was implanted near her spine is a competitive advantage? It definitely makes leaning over the table consistent shot after shot.
Interesting thought. I don't know.

I can say that especially in person... she was really hot.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-11-2007, 11:18 AM
No, but he fantasized about her ass while she was kicking his.
That couldn't be any more spot on.

Archie F. Swin
02-11-2007, 11:25 AM
too bad he didn't call a single one of those shots

ChiefsFanatic
02-11-2007, 01:20 PM

I play fairly well. I played Ewa Mataya in a tournament once. She beat me 7 - 4, but that was on a 9' table, and I learned to play on a bar table.

If I had won, I would have played Dave Matlock. That would have been a little ironic because at the time he was known as the world's greatest bar table player.

I got to see lots of great side action at that tournament.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-11-2007, 01:45 PM
I play fairly well. I played Ewa Mataya in a tournament once. She beat me 7 - 4, but that was on a 9' table, and I learned to play on a bar table.

If I had won, I would have played Dave Matlock. That would have been a little ironic because at the time he was known as the world's greatest bar table player.

I only got to play Jeanette Lee because I worked for a radio/tv station that that was doing an event that she was providing the entertainment at. It's not because I'm a good pool player... although I do enjoy it.

Braincase
02-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Can you guys back off the chatter? I'm still focused on this image in my head of Jeanette Lee bent over a pool table.

phisherman
02-11-2007, 02:09 PM

matlock's still around, and plays at most of the big shooters tournaments out in olathe...

he's still one hell of a player and did pretty well in some of the IPT events that they were showing for a while

bp

banyon
02-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I play APA in Lawrence. We've been to the nationals a couple of times. Pretty fun time at the Riviera.

ChiefsFanatic
02-11-2007, 02:18 PM
matlock's still around, and plays at most of the big shooters tournaments out in olathe...

he's still one hell of a player and did pretty well in some of the IPT events that they were showing for a while

bp

At the tournament I was at, he broke and ran 9 racks in a row on a big table. Of course it was in a money game. I am not cetain, but I am pretty sure that he was snorting coke every 15 minutes.

He was also quite the asshole. It may have been the coke talking though.

Halfcan
02-11-2007, 02:45 PM
impressive

boogblaster
02-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Used to play lots as a youngster, grew up in a poolhall..played the old men every day..some were very good taught me a lot..played all through high-school made gas and beer money daily..later used to work protection for some big money players in Kansas and Oklahoma they played mostly 9-ball, first to 5 wins..usually if they broke the other guy never got a shot....

BigRedChief
02-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Can you guys back off the chatter? I'm still focused on this image in my head of Jeanette Lee bent over a pool table.
Worthless without pics post. You n00b.
http://www.insomniacslounge.com/uploaded_images/jeanette_lee_18-778679.jpg

DT4everaChief
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
They make it look so easy.

big nasty kcnut
02-11-2007, 03:53 PM
http://www.jeanettelee.com/photo/Lee08.jpg

Skip Towne
02-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I'd do 'er.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-11-2007, 04:08 PM
For Braincase...

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-11-2007, 04:08 PM
For me...

BigRedChief
02-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I didn't know this women exsisted before this thread. My quality of life has improved.